albinoloon vs dracoyoshi8 - ref: little battler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Battle in progress. Combatants excepted, no one else may post.

2v2 Singles
DQ Tine: 3 days
2 Recoveries/0 chills
Arena: Torii at Point Frost

20 miles from Mt. Sliver, Mt. Frost is located deep in the north, the 3rd highest mountain in the mountain range just between Jhoto and Kanto. This arena is at the peak of this mountain; with an oddly clear forecast. There is a large Torii (Shinto shrine) in the center. There is no vegetation. The peak is very large, but gradually slopes downward. The Torii is dedicated to an Articuno, whom has a 5% chance of appearing each round. Articuno will do all it can to remove the contestants from the sacred arena. The solid ice on the top has limited mobility and cannot be dug through. Water is not present here. Because of the thin atmosphere, contestants will have a hard time chilliing.

Switch = ko
Items disabled
All abilities

Albinoloon is the challenger and he picked the map, therefore the actions in this battle shall follow this order :

1. Albinoloon sends out pokemon
2. Dracoyoshi sends out pokemon and issues command
3. Albinoloon issues command
4. I will ref
5. Albinoloon issues command
6. Dracoyoshi issues command
7. I will ref
8. Dracoyoshi issues command
etc etc

I might take a bit of time when reffing since I'm new at this, so please be patient.

EDIT : mistake corrected. sorry.

No - i made the stage, I send out my pokemon. :P (not to be mean or the like, but its part of the rules)

I send out Yuki the snorunt! This is your first battle, kay? Make me proud! :D

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Snorunt eh? I send out Kingsnake the Ekans!

oops, I forgot! Let's start off with a Wrap, then while your opponent is trapped, use Glare and Attract!

OK then... Yuki... as our sperpentine adversary is wrapping you, blow off a blizzard, so it will have to let go. As it tries to glare you, face the other way and start a hailstorm. As it woos you with it's serpentine charm(?), form a shield of ice. (protect)

Blizzard - face the other way/look down and hail - protect

Btw, I added Yuki's new sprite on my registration form.

well
took you guys long enough

Snorunt [Yuki] F
HP: 90
Atk: **
Def: **
SpA: *** (+)
SpD: * (-)
Spe: 50

VS

Ekans(*) Kingsnake (M)
Atk: ***
SpA: **
SpD: **
Spe: 55

Season's greetings to all of you who have attended this battle, here at Mt. Silver! Now, I believe that all of us have fitted snugly in the little space the shrine allowed us to use, let me introduce your combatants for today!

First, from the metropolis of Vermilion City, Kanto, here's Albinoloon with his companion, Yuki the snorunt! Great choice of pokemon there, snorunts should be able to take advantage of the freezing temperatures.

Next, from the beautiful Lake of Rage, comes our Johto contender, Dracoyoshi! And with him comes his trusty serpentine comrade, Kingsnake!

It seems that both trainers have taken their stances, with their pokemons following suit. It looks like they're sizing their opponents up. Kingsnake also stroke an intimidating pose, threatening Yuki. They'd better hurry, because the temperature is plummeting fast, with a thick cloud coming this way. Oh wait, what's that on the horizon? Ladies and Gentlemen, you won't believe this, it's the legendary ice bird Articuno! And I don't think it likes people battling on its shrine! The combatants better be ready for- Oh my god a hailstorm is brewing! Looks like this ain't gonna be pretty.

Hmm, it seems that while we have been distracted by Articuno, the two combatants had already started the match! We can now see Kingsnake slithering on the icy ground. But what's this?! Being a reptile, the ekans has been slowed by the plummeting temperature! Too bad for a cold blooded pokemon. Still, it looks like the purple snake still has what it takes in him! He coiled around in preparation to strike whilst rubbing his own scales together, generating heat to facilitate faster movement! Looks like he's now warm enough, he lunges at a blinding speed towards Yuki! With precision, the serpent managed to wrap itself around the icy creature!

Yuki does not seem to enjoy it, but apparently Kingsnake's wrap fails to do any meaningful damage to her thanks to her ability, Ice Body which was activated thanks to Articuno's hail! It appears that she's going to counter attack, though. Snow and ice around her is spiraling into a massive storm! Folks, it seems that she just created a Blizzard! Poor Kingsnake is forced to take the full brunt of the attack! Uh oh, it looks like the ekans is forced to release his wrap as he's blown away by the powerful blizzard!

Kingsnake doesn't look like he's giving up anytime soon, though! Recovering mid-air, he attempts a Glare with his sharp eyes. Too bad Yuki isn't looking. Yuki attempted to summon hail, but Articuno already caused hail so it was of no use.

Hmm, Yuki doesn't seem like she's wasting any moves though. She quickly alters the failed hail summoning to manipulate the ice around her, creating a temporary opaque barrier to Protect her from Kingsnake's advances!

Speaking about advances, here comes Kingsnake... dancing?! Apparently, he's trying to Attract the snorunt! Too bad the barrier is opaque enough to block the snorunt's vision.

It appears that both trainers are ready to issue more commands! Stay tuned folks!

Snorunt [Yuki] F - attack -1
HP: 85
Energy : 86

VS

Ekans(*) Kingsnake (M)
HP: 71
Energy : 85

Yuki, that was awesome. Time to follow it up! You only made one attack on Kingsnake, and it did 19 damage too! Time to follow it up again! Summon three howling blizzards with increased power and 100% accuracy! However, if Kingsnake uses Glare on any given turn, look away and launch a blizzard. If it uses Attract, (if used more than once, just blizzard) put up a frozen shield! (protect)

blizzard/look away and use blizzard/protect - blizzard/look away and use blizzard/protect - blizzard/look away and use blizzard/protect

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
I didn't even factor in the cold when I picked Kingsnake, crap. Let's hit Yuki HARD!

Stockpile~Stockpile~Spit Up

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Subreffing! Putting this up for reference:
Ekans(*) Kingsnake (M)
Nature: Hardy
Type: Poison
Poison: Poison STAB; Immunity to Poison/Toxin, seesee and breath through smog/smokescreens uninhibited, Wrap, Haze, and Glare have Energy Cost reduced by one (1)

Abilities:
Intimidate: (Can be Activated) When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intimidating roar or war cry that shakes all opponents on the battlefield, reducing thier Attack stage by one (1). The attack drop is maintained at the end of each round. If an opponent switches in a new Pokemon, Intimidate can be activated again.
Shed Skin: (Innate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.
Tension (DW): (Innate) The Pokemon's presense causes immense tension in the opponent, preventing them from eating a held Berry. Natural Gift may still be used.

Stats:
Spe: 55

EC: 1/6
MC: 1
DC: 1/5

Attacks:
Wrap(*)
Leer(*)
Poison Sting(*)
Bite(*)
Glare(*)
Screech(*)
Acid(*)
Stockpile(*)
Swallow(*)
Spit Up(*)
Pursuit(*)
Disable(*)
Snatch(*)
Dig(*)
Poison Jab(*)
Attract(*)

Snorunt [Yuki] F
Nature: Rash (SATK increased by *; SDEF reduced by *)
Personality: Yuki is very shy, but when she does encounter someone, she freezes them solid. However, if they are good-natured, she will let them pass. She enjoys "decorating" places by freezing them solid, then, she proceeds to play in the ice by slipping and sliding. Yuki specializes in illusion.

Type:
Ice: Ice STAB; immune to freezing, no vision loss or damage in Hail, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail, Hail heals burns on Ice-typed Pokemon. (Glalie/Froslass line, Regice, Glaceon, Vanilluxe line, Beartic line and Furijio ONLY: immunity to Sheer Cold, removal of Boiling water's Burn effect, and 50% reduction in burn chance from Fire moves.)

Stats:

Atk: **
SpA: *** (+)
SpD: * (-)
Spe: 50

EC:0/6
MC:0
DC:0/5

Abilities:
Inner Focus: (Innate)When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Ice Body: (Innate)This Pokemon thrives in Icy conditions and can absorb energy from Hailstones to recover two (2) HP/action in Hail.
Inconsistant(DW): (Innate)This Pokemon's traits are always fluctuating from one strength to another. At the end of each round, one of the Pokemon's stats (Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, Speed, Accuracy, Evasion) will be boosted by two (2) stages and another will be reduced by one (1) stage. This stat change lasts until the end of that round, where Inconsistent is re-applied, overwriting the boosted and dropped stats. This stat boost/drop occurs outside the normal boosts/drops.

Moves:
Powder Snow
Double Team
Bite
Icy Wind
Headbutt
Protect

Hail
Blizzard
Shadow Ball

Disable
Avalance
Fake Tears

Yuki (F)

Energy: 86
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Actions: blizzard/look away and use blizzard/protect - blizzard/look away and use blizzard/protect - blizzard/look away and use blizzard/protect

Kingsnake (M)
HP: 71
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Actions: Stockpile~Stockpile~Spit Up

---------------------------------------------------------

Round 2 START!

Apparently Little Battler has fell off a cliff and died so I gotta replace him. Sorry!

Looks like Kingsnake's having a rough time in the snow! Slowed and crap... man, it sucks to be him. At the very least, it is much easier to Stockpile than to summon a howling Blizzard, like what Yuki is doing. He's able to endure the assault with a little more ease than usual, but the frost deepens and surrounds the poor snake into a cube of freeze! Now that sucks even more...

Frozen solid, Kingsnake struggles and struggles and cannot make a single move! Yuki just glares at him and calls down another Blizzard that strikes the icecube containing Kingsnake and tops it over! Double sucks.

And he just can't get enough of it, can he? You can visibly see some "bile" coming out of Kingsnake's completely frozen mouth, but it's not really coming out. Some parts of the ice is... slowly melting away though. Yuki's such a lucky bastard and blasts another storm of Blizzard along the way, smashing Kingsnake into bits and pieces of snakeskin. This time, however, it causes the icecube to smash into the shrine at the center, breaking the icecube and freeing Kingsnake from his misery! Still, a very terrible round for him, very terrible!

Yuki (F)

Energy: 53
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Kingsnake (M)
HP: 17
Energy:
Boosts/Drops: +1 Def/SpD
Others:
Stockpile

Yuki
A1: Blizzard > 12 + 3 + (3-2 x 1.5) + (0-1 x 1.5) = [16 Damage] [7 Energy]
Completely freezes Kingsnake.
A2: Blizzard > 12 + 3 + (3-2 x 1.5) + (0-1 x 1.5) = [16 Damage] [11 Energy]
A3: Blizzard > 12 + 3 + (3-2 x 1.5) + (0-1 x 1.5) = [16 Damage] [15 Energy]

Kingsnake
A1: Stockpile > [8 Energy]
+1 Def/SpD
2 damage
A2: Stockpile > [8 Energy] (not used)
2 damage
A3: Spit Up > 10 + (2-1 x 1.5) = [12 Damage] [15 Energy] (not used)
2 damage

sorry dy8, blizzard rolled a 1 for the first action and then you just got completely screwed this round. A_A

So apparently Articuno used Hail last round. It will continue for... 3 more rounds. Dracoyoshi8's turn!

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
AW SHUCKS I FORGOT ABOUT THIS. Technically I should be dc'ed, but if Albinoloon and Flora want to proceed, I'm game.

and I'm boned lol. Well, let's try something different. Let's use Acid to melt through the ice, followed by a Swallow to recover HP and then attack with Poison Jab!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay, I'll continue.

Kingsnake is actually freed from the ice from exerting some energy/force on the third action, so I'm redirecting Acid onto Yuki.

Also, I forgot about Hail's damage. A_A 6 damage has been applied on Kingsnake

Yuki (F)

Energy: 53
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Actions: Blizzard x3

Kingsnake (M)
HP: 17
Energy:
Boosts/Drops: +1 Def/SpD
Others:
Stockpile
Actions: Acid - Swallow - Poison Jab

Round 3: Frosty Death of a Kingsnake

Kingsnake starts the match by spraying some Acid from his mouth upon Yuki, dealing quite some damage! This puts Yuki in anger and disgust, causing him to summon a howling Blizzard from the air and terrify Kingsnake into horror! The attack pierces right through Kingsnake's skin and finally causes him to collapse in exhaustion. It's not until then that the pellets of snow bashing upon his head finishes him off and leave him snoozing in the winter-like arena...

Yuki (F)

HP: 76
Energy: 46
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Kingsnake (M)
HP: brrrrr
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Yuki
A1: Blizzard > 12 + 3 + (3-2 x 1.5) + (0-1 x 1.5) = [16 Damage] [7 Energy]

Kingsnake
A1: Acid > 4 + 3 + (3-2 x 1.5) = [9 Damage]

2 more rounds of hail!

k, DY8 sends out a new mon but no orders yet. After that, Albinoloon orders. And then DY8 orders!

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Alright, I'll send in Bandit the Sandile

Sandile(*) Bandit (M)
Nature: Quirky
Type: Ground / Dark
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings. Knock Down, Rock Slide, Sandstorm, and Stealth Rock have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use more devious Dark-type attacks while attracted. Revenge and Vengeance have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:

Intimidate: (Can be Activated) When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intimidating roar or war cry that shakes all opponents on the battlefield, reducing thier Attack stage by one (1). The attack drop is maintained at the end of each round. If an opponent switches in a new Pokemon, Intimidate can be activated again.
Moxie: (Innate) This Pokemon gets psyched after it earns a KO on an opposing Pokemon, increasing its attack by one (1) stage.
Anger Point (DW): (Innate) When struck with a critical hit, this Pokemon becomes enraged and its Attack rises to maximum (Stage 6). However, its Attack will drop up to two (2) stages at the end of each round instead of one (1) stage until it reaches stage zero (0).

EC: 2/4
MC: 2
DC: 2/5

Stats:
Spe: 65

Attacks:

Leer(*)
Rage(*)
Bite(*)
Sand-attack(*)
Torment(*)
Sand Tomb(*)
Assurance(*)
Mud-slap(*)
Embargo(*)
Swagger(*)
Thunder Fang(*)
Pursuit(*)
Focus Energy(*)
Dig (*)
Stone Edge(*)
Double Team(*)

Yuki, we still have the upper hand, so let's use it to our advantage! First, make it cringe with your fake tears, then, hit it hard with two icy winds!

fake tears - icy wind - icy wind

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Mmkay, I'll be calling the match for DQ (me and Albinoloon want it). I... actually thought I got 0 ref tokens, but I reffed 2 rounds? I didn't know that...

1 ref token for me since this is really old.

Both players will get 2 trainer counters though.
Yuki gets a KO Counter.
Both Yuki and Kingsnake get 1 EC, 1 MC, and 1 EC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)