albinoloon vs frosty

Status
Not open for further replies.
rules:
Issuing an open challenge after my retreat from ASB.

2v2 Doubles
2 Recoveries/Unlimited Chills
2 day DQ
Only NFE's
Only the first two pokemon sent to the ref participate.
Arena: The Nether

As in Minecraft, the Nether is a hellish environment. The Netherrack below the combatants' feet is highly combustable- and will be caught aflame by fire attacks, increasing the attacker's teams's accuracy by 5%. There are four patches of glowstone on the ceiling. Being the only solid light scource, if they are broken(attacked), the accuracy for all pokemon decreases 20% At the start of the battle, all pokemon's accuracy is decreased by 10%. Ghasts roam freely, here and will atttempt to hit them with fireballs of their own, which end up missing due to their large distance between them and the battlefield. Because of this occurence, there is a 5% chance, every action that a fireball will hit earth and ignite the Netherrack. Accuracy cannot fall below 5% regardless.
me me me pick me!

Switch = yeah right
1 Ability
No Items
team albinoloon:

Lampent (Vayn) F
Nature: Modest (ATK reducad by *; SATK increased by *)
Personality: Since her evolution, she has recognized how to recognize patterns. However, she still seeks to change the environment to her advantage. She has learned the power of force, and recognizes it. She is starting to grow an understanding of pokemon as well as people's thoughts. Her tactics are never thought down upon. Her appearance in a match is enigmatic, as she has an array of different strategies she can use. Now, her fighting style differs from her previous one, as now, she has acess to much more mobility, being able to spread a trail of fire as she floats, or fortifying herself with an army of will 'o' wisps. Her friendship with Yuki is a close one, in fact, they only communicate with each other. When Yuki is by her side, she won't lose. She was born of the negative litwicks, emmiting negative light, which can offset normal light, which makes her surroundings dim.
Type: Fire/Ghost
Fire:Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Solarbeam has Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Ghost:Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks, Pain Split, Psychic, Sucker Punch, Telekinesis, Trick, and Will-o-Wisp have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Flash Fire: (Innate)This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2).
Flame Body: (Innate)This Pokemon’s external temperature is kept at such a high level that any contact attack used on this Pokemon has a 30% chance of burning the opponent.
Shadow Tag: (Innate) Upon entry into battle, this Pokemon’s Shadow expands across the arena and dissipates, forcing opposing Pokemon to stay within 10 meters of this Pokemon. The Shadow entirely negates the ability to switch for every Pokemon except those who also have Shadow Tag.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 55

EC: 8/9
DC: 4/5
MC: 0

Attacks:

Ember
Astonish
Minimize
Smog
Fire Spin
Confuse Ray
Fire Spin
Night Shade
Will 'o' Wisp
Flame Burst
Imprison
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Acid Armor
Heat Wave
Haze
Hex
Taunt
Will 'o' Wisp
Protect

Breezi [Ivaldii(F)]
Nature: Modest( +Rank in SAtk; -Rank in Atk )
Personality:
Retaining a close relationship with her trainer, Ivaldii is an arrogant individual who can't stand to lose. She is very bratty and taunts the rest of the team by sitting on her trainer's shoulder. Her fighting style is usually airborne, but uses her amazing craftsmanship skills to create sculptures of herself as substitutes. Also, she abuses encore and taunt (these moves reflect her personality) constantly, destroying walls and set-up sweepers. Ivaldii and Frigga have the most tension, as they frequently dispute over her trainer's attention. She will only eat sweets.
Type: Poison/Flying
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Ablilities:
Persistant: (Innate)This Pokemon has a great affinity for odd field effects. When it uses one of these effects it increases their duration. Moves affected are Gravity, Heal Block, Lucky Chant, Magic Room, Safeguard, Trick Room, Tailwind, and Wonder Room by an additional one (1) round or three (3) actions depending on the move.
Vital Spirit: (Innate)This Pokemon has a high vitality and alertness making it immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. Its normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.
Unburden(DW LOCKED): (Innate)This Pokemon is incredibly possessive. If it uses or loses an item in battle its rage swells and its speed doubles (x2) until it receives another item.

Stats:

HP:90
Atk: Rank 1(-)
Def: Rank 2
SAtk: Rand 4(+)
SDef: Rank 2
Spd: 85

EC: 5/6
DC: 3/5

Moves:
Heal Pulse
Entertainment
Razor Wind
Gust
Tailwind
Encore
Rapid Spin
Knock Off
Copycat
Whirlwind
Taunt
Toxic
Substitute
Disable
Earth Power
Wish
Me First
Sludge Bomb
Toxic Spikes
Light Screen
Air Slash

team frosty:

Litwick [Jalhalla] (M)

Nature: Relaxed (+ Defense, - Speed)

Type: Ghost / Fire
Ghost:
Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.
Abilities:
Flame Body:
(Innate) This Pokemon’s external temperature is kept at such a high level that any contact attack used on this Pokemon has a 30% chance of burning the opponent.
Flash Fire: (Innate) This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any opposing fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2). Self-targeted attacks do not give the boost.
Shadow Tag (DW): [LOCKED] (Innate) Upon entry into battle, this Pokemon’s Shadow expands across the arena and dissipates, forcing opposing Pokemon to stay within 10 meters of this Pokemon. The Shadow entirely negates the ability to switch for every Pokemon except those who also have Shadow Tag.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 3 (+)
SpA: Rank 3
Spe: 17 (-)

EC: 0/9
DC 0/5

Attacks:
Ember
Astonish
Minimize
Smog
Fire Spin
Confuse Ray
Night Shade
Will-o-Wisp
Flame Burst
Imprison

Heat Wave
Haze
Endure

Trick Room
Solarbeam
Shadow Ball

Duosion[ÜbelBär] (M)
Nature: Relaxed (+1 Defence, -15% Speed, +10% Accuracy for oponent)

Type: Psychic
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 3 (+)
SpA: Rank 5
Spe: 26 (30/1.15)

EC: 4/9
DC: 1/5

Abilities:

Overcoat: (Innate) This Pokemon has a sturdy exterior that rebuffs the elements, making it immune to damage inflicted by bad weather.

Magic Guard: (Innate) This Pokemon is infused with a powerful psycho-electric energy that makes it immune to damage from Hail, Sandstorm, and damage from Leech Seed, Poisoning, and Burn. It can still attack itself in confusion, but will not absorb any damage from it. Additionally, the energy protects the Pokemon from its own reckless recoil attacks.

Regenerator(DW): (Innate) [LOCKED] When this Pokemon is switched out during a switch battle, it reacts to the energy in the Pokeball and (ten) 10 HP is restored. When this Pokemon Chills, it restores six (6) HP in addition to its 12 Energy.

Attacks:
Psywave
Reflect
Rollout
Snatch
Hidden Power (Ground, 7)
Light Screen
Charm
Recover
Psyshock
Psychic
Pain Split

Confuse Ray
Imprison
Secret Power

Trick Room
Calm Mind
Shadow Ball

albinoloon sends out his mons and chooses their abilities first, then so does frosty with orders, then albinoloon gives orders.

'Vayn, Ivaldii, show our friend as well as his pokemon a true challenge!'

But of course, I'll pull my end until my flame dies dim! My burning spirit will never cease burning! Flash Fire

Meh. We'll show them. Vital Spirit

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
hmmm...impressive choice of pokemon. You managed to put me in a tough spot from the very begining.

Oh well, we will be like those RPG games where you decide where we will go.

Übelbär (Magic Guard): Psychic - Psyshock - Secret Power all at Ivaldii
If ONLY Jalhalla is Taunted on action 1, replace Psychic with Trick Room

Jalhalla (Flash Fire): Shadow Ball - Night Shade - Flame Burst all at Ivaldii
If you Jalhalla isn't taunted (regardless is Duosion is taunted or not) on action 1: replace Shadow Ball with Trick Room.

Let's see how that pans out. Make your choice, Mr. Albinoloon.

If none is taunted: Jalhalla Trick Rooms and übelbär Psychics
If Jalhalla is taunted and Übelbär isn't: Jalhalla Shadow Balls and Übelbär Trick Rooms
If Übelbar is taunted and Jalhalla isn't: Jalhalla Trick Rooms and übelbär Psychics
If both are taunted: Jalhalla Shadow Balls and übelbär Psychics

Too lazy for flavor atm

Vayn
Imprison(Jhl)* ~ Flamethrower(Ubl) ~ Hex(Ubl)

Ivaldii
Me First(Ubl) ~ Light Screen ~ Toxic(Ubl)

*Flame Burst, Shadow Ball, Night Shade

|

ability: flash fire | vital spirit
hp: 90 | 90
energy: 100% | 100%
boosts: none | none

|

ability: flash fire | magic guard
hp: 90 | 100
energy: 100% | 100%

flavour goes here. also i forgot about arena effects until i'd finished reffing but i will do it next round.

|

hp: 90 | 40
energy: 80% | 84%

|

hp: 90 | 48
energy: 90% | 84%
status: imprison (flame burst/shadow ball/night shade; 3) | burn

trick room (3)

breezi -> duosion me first: 610 (no drop); 39 (crit); ((12+3+(4-2)*1.5)*0.67) = 12 damage, -9 energy
lampent -> litwick imprison: -8 energy
duosion -> breezi psychic: 788 (no drop); 119 (no crit); ((9+3+(5-2)*1.5)*1.5) = 25 damage, -6 energy
litwick trick room: -10 energy
90/92; 65/91; 90/90 (i(flame burst/shadow ball/night shade):5); 88/94

litwick -> breezi night shade: fails
duosion -> breezi psyshock: 917 (no crit); ((8+3+(4-2)*1.5)*1.5) = 21 damage, -5 energy
lampent -> duosion flamethrower: 91 (burn); 817 (no crit); (10+3+(4-2)*1.5) = 16 damage, -6 energy
breezi light screen: 7 energy
90/86; 44/84 (ls:6); 90/90 (i(flame burst/shadow ball/night shade):4); 72/89 (b)

litwick -> breezi flame burst: fails
duosion -> breezi secret power: 97 (flinch); 989 (no crit); (7-3+(2-2)*1.5) = 4 damage, 5 energy
lampent -> duosion hex: 290 (no crit); ((10+3+(4-2)*1.5)*1.5) = 24 damage, -6 energy
breezi flinches
90/80; 40/84 (ls:5); 90/90 (i(flame burst/shadow ball/night shade):3); 48/84 (b)

go albinoloon.

Whoops- have a friend over who does not like me here so lack of flavor

Vayn
Hex ~ Flamethrower ~ Shadow Ball(All UbelBar)
If Imprisoned, replace that action with protect and push your actions back

Ivaldii
Taunt(Ubl) ~ Shadow Ball(Ubl) ~ Earth Power(Jhl)

Frosty

=_=
Got access to a computer with terrible internet, so I can post actions (not reffing posts, though).

Ubelbar: Pain Split with lampent - Psychic - Psychic both at Breezi
Jalhalla: Fire Spin at Breezi - Imprison (Imprison - Shadow Ball - Confuse Ray) - Imprison (same moves) at Lampent

|

hp: 90 | 40
energy: 80% | 84%

|

hp: 90 | 48
energy: 90% | 84%
status: imprison (flame burst/shadow ball/night shade; 3) | burn

trick room (3)

jalhalla starts off by trapping ivaldii in a fire spin while his partner splits his pain with vayn. vayn then hexes übelbär, and ivaldii taunts him.

vayn protects herself from harm, rendering jalhalla's imprisoning useless. übelbär enters ivaldii's mind and attacks with psychic powers, and ivaldii retaliates with a shadow ball.

vayn tries to protect herself again but it fails, allowing jalhalla's imprison to work this time; übelbär assaults ivaldii with another psychic, knocking her out.

|

hp: 69 | KO
energy: 56% | KO
status: imprison (imprison/shadow ball/confuse ray; 6), light screen (2) | none

|

hp: 90 | 28
energy: 66% | 48%

trick room (2)

litwick -> breezi fire spin: 898 (hit); 697 (no crit); (4+3-5+(3-2)*1.5) = 4 damage, -3 energy
duosion -> lampent pain split: 69 hp each, (6+((90-48)/3)) = -20 energy
lampent -> duosion hex: 88 (no crit); ((10+3+(4-2)*1.5)*1.5) = 24 damage, -6 energy
breezi -> duosion taunt: -10 energy
fire spin
69/74; 34/74 (ls:4, fs:3); 90/87 (i:2); 45/64 (b, t:6)

lampent protect: -7 energy
litwick -> lampent imprison: -8 energy
duosion -> breezi psychic: 906 (no drop); 212 (no crit); ((9+3-5+(5-2)*1.5)*1.5) = 17 damage, -6 energy
breezi -> duosion shadow ball: 787 (no drop); 976 (no crit); ((8+(4-2)*1.5)*1.5) = 17 damage, -7 energy
fire spin
69/67; 15/67 (ls:3, fs:2); 90/78 (i:1); 28/58 (b, t:5)

lampent protect: fails, -11 energy
litwick -> lampent imprison: -12 energy
duosion -> breezi psychic: kos, -10 energy
69/56 (i(imprison/shadow ball/confuse ray):6, ls:2); KO; 90/66; 28/48 (b, t:4)
tr (2)

go frosty.

Frosty

=_=
The next actions required intense thought and are a result of many hours of reflection.

Übelbär and Jalhalla: Shadow Ball x3

Also, since the opponent is a Lampent, with its own fire, I really don't think you will be able to miss it on the darkness.

ability: flash fire
hp: 69
energy: 56%
status: imprison (imprison/shadow ball/confuse ray; 6), light screen (2)
boosts: none

|

hp: 90 | 28
energy: 66% | 48%

trick room (2)

flavour

ability: flash fire
hp: KO
energy: KO
boosts: none

|

hp: 90 | KO
energy: 36% | KO

trick room (1)

litwick shadow ball: 777 (no drop); 240 (no crit); ((8+3-5+(3-2)*1.5)*1.5) = 11 damage, -6 energy
duosion shadow ball: 478 (no drop); 267 (no crit); ((8+3-5+(5-2)*1.5)*1.5) = 16 damage, -6 energy
lampent -> duosion hex: 445 (no crit); 24 damage, -6 energy
42/50 (i:5, ls:1); 90/60; 4/42 (b, t:3)

litwick shadow ball: 879 (no drop); 744 (no crit); 11 damage, -10 energy
duosion shadow ball: 793 (no drop); 246 (no crit); 16 damage, -10 energy
lampent -> duosion hex: kos, -10 energy
15/40 (i:4); 90/50; ko

litwick shadow ball: 609 (no drop); 141 (no crit); ((8+3+(3-2)*1.5)*1.5) = 19 damage, -14 energy
ko; 90/36

gg and sorry about the long wait at the end there. prizes:

• 2 tc for albinoloon and frosty
  • 4 ref tokens for me
  • 1 ec, 2 mc and 1 dc for litwick, duosion, lampent and breezi
  • 1 koc for all bar breezi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)