Alch v Cartoons (Ref: ILoveLiza)

I think I know what you meant. I read the extra effects of razor wind and made a decision based on that which was why it didn't work.

Thanks for reffing us ILoveLiza! (just to be sure, Handsome, why don't you give her an Encore?)

Okay, let's try to can this canid! Whirlwind to dispel as much of the flames as possible and blow away any of Diana's flame boosts.

Now Disable Flamethrower and butt in with a keen Me First to use that Extrasensory against her.

Taking up the reffing as Cartoons and Alchemator asked.

Vulpix [Diana] (F)
Nature: Timid

Energy: 30%
HP: 34
Atk: * (-)
Def: **
SpA: **
SpD: ***
Spe: 75 (65*1.15^)
Flash Fire - Activated

Breezi [Handsome] Male *
Nature: Serious
Ability: Vital Spirit

Energy: 86%
HP: 80
Atk: **
SpA: ***
SpD: **
Spe: 85
Oran Berry
Light Screen (3 more actions)

The new reffer enters the arena with a cheerful attitude, although the public seem kinda cold. "Losers", whispers Zarator between himself, before starting to watch the match.

Diana attempts to take Handsome from behind (please don't laugh :-( ) and fry him with Flamethrower avoiding the protection of the screen. However, meanwhile the Breezi summons up a violent Whirlwind and deviates the flux of flames enough to avoid it.

In order to avoid nasty consequences, the Breezi decides to simply remove the very memory of Flamethrower from Diana's mind, Disabling it. The Vulpix, however, opts for playing with the opponent's mind as well, and sends him into severe confusion (4 turns) with his Confuse Ray.

Handsome attempts to take the initiative with a pre-emptive attack, but the disorder in his brain is so intense that he ends up hitting himself into confusion. Diana, encouraged by the cheers of the public, keeps it up and squeezes that same brain with his Extrasensory powers - not so long after, the screen finally shatters. However, she seems to be really tired now...

Vulpix [Diana] (F)

Energy: 13%
Flash Fire - Activated

Breezi [Handsome] Male *

Energy: 74%
HP: 68
Oran Berry
Light Screen (3 more actions)

Cartoons! goes first now

Hit the fox, not yourself! It's a simple thing!

Me First any further Extrasensory attempts.

Otherwise Gust, Razor Wind, Gust. Throw her to the wind!

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Heh, Me First is such a pain.

Ok Diana, let's take this turn on the chin. Start off by Chilling, but when it gusts you attempt to land on top of the bus! From there I want you to use Will-o-Wisp. If it hits, use Flame Burst. If not, hide behind the bus and Chill again.

Vulpix [Diana] (F)

Energy: 13%
Flash Fire - Activated
Flamethrower is Disabled for (4) more actions (Forgot to notice before sorry)

Breezi [Handsome] Male *

Energy: 74%
Oran Berry

Handsome finally manages to snap out of confusion and summons a vicious wind to punish the fiery fox for her defiant attitude. Diana is squeezed and battered by the Gust, but it fortitiously end up leaving her on top of the nearby bus. She now takes the chance to Chill out a bit and restore herself some forces.

The Breezi, in the meantime, summons a whirlwind around him, in preparation for the impending attack. Diana tries to hinder his efforts with a Will-o-wisp, but the flames end up missing their intended target - some of the bystanders run away in fear of being hit by the flames themselves! Handsome smiles and retaliates with a swift Razor Wind, which leaves the poor fox even more scratched and wounded.

In an attempt to recover herself a little, the Vulpix jumps down the bus and hides behind it (causing the protestations of a part of the public!), Chilling herself a bit more while Handsome's Gust end up hitting the rusty bus.

Vulpix [Diana] (F)

Energy: 31%
HP: 19
Flash Fire - Activated
Flamethrower is disabled for (1) more action

Breezi [Handsome] Male *

Energy: 58%
Oran Berry

Alchemator goes first now

Alchemator

Ok Diana, you're doing great. First I want you to hide under the bus (you're small enough right?) and Disable that pesky Gust! After that I want you to use Flamethrower. If you're about to die I then want you to use Flame Burst on the underside of the bus, blowing it up. If not, fire a Flamethrower at Breezi again.

Disable ~ Flamethrower ~ Flamethrower/Flame Burst

Under a bus, huh...that has a lot of potential for things to go badly for you.

Handsome, Metronome something cool for us!

Now Encore that Disable and hit her with a Shadowball, must be pretty dark under that bus, eh?

Vulpix [Diana] (F)

Energy: 31%
HP: 19
Flash Fire - Activated
Flamethrower is disabled for (1) more action

Breezi [Handsome] Male *

Energy: 58%
Oran Berry

Unsure about what to do now, Handsome tries his luck and activate the Metronome, via flashing his appendage in a white light. After a few moments, a disgusting bubble of mud explodes to the ground, invading Diana's "hideout" in dirt. Suffocated by the Mud Bomb, the Vulpix comes out and coughs a little, but her eyes are still covered in mud, so her Accuracy is lowered by (1) stage.

Once come to her senses, Diana turn her attention on the opponent, and erases the details of the Gust technique from the Breezi's mind, Disabling it. However, Handsome asks for a sequel of the show, Encoring the last move performed by the Vulpix. The little fox seems to agree, but the pesky Handsome does not look to be interested in the show, and smack Diana right in the face with a Shadow Ball, knocking her out in the general dismay of the public.

Vulpix [Diana] (F)

Energy: N/A
HP: 0
Knocked Out

Breezi [Handsome] Male *

Energy: 34%
Oran Berry
Disabled from using Gust for (3) more actions

Alchemator, please send out your next Pokémon. Then, Cartoons will issue his actions.

Alchemator

Let's go Steve!

HWAH

Let's start out simple to get this turn disadvantage over with.

Aurora Beam ~ Scald ~ Aurora Beam

Light Screen. IMMEDIATELY

Disable Aurora Beam. RIGHTAFTER

now Metronome and cross your fingers..(thumb and large..finger?)

Staryu [Steve] (N/A)
Nature: Modest
Ability: Illuminate (not active), Natural Cure

Energy: 100%
HP: 90
Atk * (-)
Def **
SpA **** (+)
SpD **
Spe 85

Breezi [Handsome] Male *

Energy: 34%
Oran Berry
Disabled from using Gust for (3) more actions

The public cheers up as Steve enters the battlefield, spinning on itself graciously! The judge decrees that the battle can go on. Let's go!

The Staryu immediately shoots a multicolored, cool (yeah, really) ray from the center of his body, aimed at the opponent. Although filtered by a Light Screen promptly conjured by Handsome, the Aurora Beam still hurts painfully.

No one likes pain, and neither does Handsome, who cautiously erase Aurora Beam from Steve's memory and Disables it. However, pain can take on many forms, and one of these is a critical hit from a fiery Scald projected by the Staryu against him, so powerful to even bypass the protection of Light Screen.

While Steve wonders about what he was going to do next (it had something to do with colors, somehow...), the Breezi tries again his luck and calls forth the white light of Metronome. From it blows harshly a grey breeze, which hurts moderately the opponent. Even if not pleasured, though, the Staryu does not seem to be very damaged by the Silver Wind.

Staryu [Steve] (N/A)

Energy: 89%
HP: 82
Atk * (-)
Def **
SpA **** (+)
SpD **
Spe 85
Disabled from using Aurora Beam for (4) more actions

Breezi [Handsome] Male *

Energy: 14%
HP: 41
Oran Berry
Protected by Light Screen for (3) more actions

Cartoons goes first now.

Alchemator

Ok we got this. Start off by paralysing that nasty, nasty thing with a Thunderwave. Follow up with a Scald, and finish with a mighty Thunderbolt!

Staryu [Steve] (N/A)

Energy: 89%
HP: 82
Atk * (-)
Def **
SpA **** (+)
SpD **
Spe 85
Disabled from using Aurora Beam for (4) more actions

Breezi [Handsome] Male *

Energy: 14%
HP: 41
Oran Berry
Protected by Light Screen for (3) more actions

Tired and fatigued by the prolonged battle, Handsome attempts to take a little breath and Chill out for a while. Steve exploits the lowered guard of his opponent and sends him a weak jolt of electricity. The Thunder Wave strikes without fail the Breezi and paralyzes him!

The Staryu gains then the initiative and fires off a boiling jet of water at his enemy. Handsome is well protected by his Light Screen, but the Scalding water is so hot that he gets burned! Meanwhile, the Breezi yet again tries his luck with the Metronome. This time, from the white light spawns a string of silk which traps Steve in a Spider Web.

However, the Staryu cares little about moving. Electricity charges up into his core and erupts in a mighty Thunderbolt which zap the Breezi in air. Handsome attempts to retaliate with a swift Gust, but the strong winds end up freeing Steve from the web, although he still gets battered by the hit. Meanwhile, he quickly eats up his Oran Berry to recover some much needed health.

Staryu [Steve] (N/A)

Energy: 70%
HP: 76
Atk * (-)
Def **
SpA **** (+)
SpD **
Spe 85
Disabled from using Aurora Beam for (1) more actions

Breezi [Handsome] Male *

Energy: 11%
HP: 24
Paralyzed (20% chance), Burned

Staryu [Steve] (N/A)

Energy: 70%
HP: 76
Atk * (-)
Def **
SpA **** (+)
SpD **
Spe 85
Disabled from using Aurora Beam for (1) more actions

Breezi [Handsome] Male *

Energy: 11%
HP: 24
Paralyzed (20% chance), Burned

Steve decides it's time to finish the battle, and go on an all-out offense! A boiling stream of water smashes the Breezi right in the face. Unphazed by the Scald, Handsome desperately tries (yes, again) his luck with the Metronome. This time, the white light instantly flies into the sky and condensates into a dark cloud. From it, an impressive Thunder blasts through the air and zaps Steve violently, paralyzing him. However, the Staryu manages to seal the score with a final Aurora Beam, which finally brings down the Breezi! (the attack was impressively enough to let us think about a critical hit! Probably it was inconsequential, though)

Congratulations, Alchemator, on your success!

Staryu [Steve] (N/A)

Energy: 61%
HP: 56
Atk * (-)
Def **
SpA **** (+)
SpD **
Spe 85
Paralyzed (10% chance)

Breezi [Handsome] Male *

Energy: N/A
HP: 0
Knocked Out

Rewards are as follows:

Trainer Counters:

Alchemator: 2
Cartoons!: 2

Referee Counters:

Zarator: 2

Pokémon Counters:

Zigzagoon: 1 EC, 1 MC, 1 DC
Vulpix: 1 EC, 1 MC, 1 DC, 1 KO
Breezi: 1 EC, 1 MC, 1 DC, 1 KO
Staryu: 1 EC, 1 MC, 1 DC, 1 KO

Alchemator

Jeepers, Metronome just had to pick my worst nightmare didn't it!

A very good game toons, and thanks to both ILoveLiza/Brammi and especially Zarator for reffing! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)