Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
1v1 Singles
DQ: 3 Days
2 Recovers, 5 Chills
Arena: Alnwick castle courtyard (aka Hogwarts field)

We'll both send in only 1 mon to the referee, I like surprises :)
Bring it ON!

two abilites
items=on
And it all falls quiet. There is a distinct feeling of magic in the arena, as Alch releases his Pokémon, Anna the Girafarig.

Girafarig [Anna] (F)
Nature: Rash (Adds One (1) Rank to Special Attack, Subtracts One (1) Rank from Special Defense)

Type:
[Normal]: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.
[Psychic]: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 2 (-)
Spe: 85

EC: N/A
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Inner Focus: (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Early Bird: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to waking up at early hours or operating in low-light conditions and subsequently suffers from sleep status for only half as much time as other Pokemon.
Sap Sipper (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon lives on a steady diet of plants and has developed defenses to every Grass-type attack. When attacked with a Grass-type move, damage and effects are negated and the Pokemon gains a one (1) stage attack boost. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Attacks:
Power Swap
Guard Swap
Astonish
Tackle
Growl
Confusion
Odor Sleuth
Agility
Psybeam
Baton Pass
Magic Coat
Skill Swap
Wish
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Earthquake
Psychic
Crunch

And as we turn around, we see shadows form as Venser releases his compadre, Umbra the Revenankh.

Revenankh [Umbra] (♀)

Nature: Relaxed (Adds * to Defense; A 15% decrease (rounded down) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on an opponent's attacks)

Type: Ghost/Fighting
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks, Psychic, Sucker Punch, Telekinesis, Trick, and Will-o-Wisp have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Gengar line and pure Ghosts only: moving through walls.)
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves, Meditate has Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Shed Skin: (Innate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.
Air Lock: (Innate) This Pokemon releases immense barometric pressure, clearing the weather in the arena and preventing the effect of weather moves and abilities from taking place.
Mummy (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon's skin has a lasting curse on it. When strucky by an opponents contact move, the curse transfers, changing the opponent's ability(ies) to Mummy for the next six (6) actions.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4
Def: Rank 4 (+)
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 55.25 (-15%)

Attacks:

Wrap
Bide
Sand Tomb
Wring Out
Rock Tomb
Arm Thrust
Mean Look
Glare
Shadow Punch
Moonlight

Counter
Destiny Bond
Hex

Focus Punch
Drain Punch
Toxic
Taunt

Venser, you attack first.

Wow, this is going to be pretty annoying. You're holding a Leppa Berry, to clarify here. In any event.

Start off with a Wring Out, and follow that up with a Toxic to whittle away his health. Finish with a Taunt.

If he ever orders a non-damaging move (including Magic Coat) replace that action with a Focus Punch.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Pecha Berry \o/

Start off with a Psychic, then mess it around with another Psychic. Finish with a Magic Coat.

Though given that Focus Punch's preparation stage needs higher priority than Magic Coat, I'm not sure how that substitution will work.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Mother has been studying "Computerised Accountancy" and this is the first time I've been able to access the tools to ref.

Alchemator O
Anna (F)

100 HP / 100 EN
Psychic ~ Psychic ~ Magic Coat​

VS

Venser O
Umbra (F)

100 HP / 100 EN
Wring Out ~ Toxic ~ Focus Punch​

Sonorus!

I welcome you to Alnwick Castle Courtyard, and there seems to be a slight magic in the air! Anna is released by one Alchemator, wielding a Pecha Berry in that back mouth. A shadow falls quickly though as Venser releases the faithful Umbra, who conceals a Leppa berry. The trainers shake hands as the magic begins.

Galloping around the edge of the courtyard, Anna mentally grabs onto a piece of cloth from Umbra with a Psychic, and pulls it out, unraveling it (18 Damage / 6 EN). Thoroughly p*ssed off, Umbra trips up Anna with one of her bandages, and uses the new appendage to roll Anna up to her and crush her bones with an almighty Wring Out (16 Damage / 9 EN). Yes, physically crushing Anna's bones in that special attack. Moving on...

: 84/94​
: 82/91​

Anna flees Umbra as soon as possibble, and casts another Psychic at Umbra, who is shaken after multiple hits (18 Damage / 10 EN). However, Umbra continues the match, and smashes Anna's face with a Toxic (7 EN). As the toxins hit Anna's face, her tail chomps down on the Pecha Berry. Umbra is not amused.

: 84/84​
: 64/86​

Getting back into a gallop quite litterally on the courtyard walls (Crazy danged psychic types ignoring logic), Anna sets up a Magic Coat, which glistens in the rare british sun (9 EN). All the while, Umbra is focussing, ignoring the blurr and staring at the wall in front of her. Suddenly, Umbra's eyes glow a bright red, and as Anna gallops past for another lap in the magic coat, Umbra's fist slams out, delivering an incredibly powerful Focus Punch to Anna (20 Damage / 8 EN), who flies through the wall and into a hallway, knocking rocks and dust everywhere.

: 64/75​
: 64/78​

Alchemator O
Anna (F)

64 HP / 75 EN
Rediscovering Gravity...​

VS

Venser O
Umbra (F)

64 HP / 78 EN
The two faced swine asked for that​

Alchemator

Psychic ~ Shadow Ball ~ Psychic

Or if he attempts Bide at any point, use Wish and then Chill.

God damn it Alchemator you saw through my evil plan. We can deal with this though, don't worry ^_^

This is going to be rough, Umbra. Start off with a Drain Punch, and follow up with a Moonlight. Finish with another Drain Punch.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Alchemator O
Anna (F)

64 HP / 75 EN
Psychic ~ Shadow Ball ~ Psychic​

VS

Venser O
Umbra (F)

64 HP / 78 EN
Drain Punch ~ Moonlight ~ Drain Punch​

Slightly dizzy after that last hit, Anna keeps her distance and uses another Psychic to pinch Umbra's head (18 Damage / 6 EN), and it seems as if the head isn't bending back. That's gonna hurt Umbra's intimidating appearence (and special defense for that matter, that got dropped a tiny bit). The rings on Umbra's hands grow green with envy, and slam down into her with a Drain Punch, which rejuvenates Umbra (13 Damage / 7 Healing / 7 EN)

: 51/69​
: 53/71​

Anna now leaps back out of the hallway and into the courtyard, where a dark Shadow Ball pulsates towards Umbra (14 Damage / 6 EN). However, the damage is wiped off with ease by Umbra's Moonlight (+ 15 HP / 16 EN).

: 51/63​
: 54/55​

And we revert back to before. Anna lanches another Psychic, flinging Umbra around overhead (20 Damage / 6 EN). As she crashes into a wall for the final time this round, Umbra forms legs made of bandages and bounces back, smashing Anna with the green fists, symbolising a second Drain Punch (13 Damage / 7 Healing / 7 EN). Her head could do with some of that healing, as squished Revenankh head looks ugly.

: 38/57​
: 41/48​

Alchemator O
Anna (F)

38 HP / 57 EN
Sick of it healing...​

VS

Venser O
Umbra (F)

41 HP / 48 EN
Sp.Def -1
Much more satisfying round​

Venser, you're up!

Gah, thought I'd posted already. All right, Umbra, we're in a bit of a tight spot here. Repeat your actions of last round, that should be good enough n.n Drain Punch ~ Moonlight ~ Drain Punch

Alchemator

Yeah I think these moves heal too much.

Use Psychic to capitalise on that SDef lower, then use Wish. Finish with an Agility to dodge that last Drain Punch.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Alchemator O
Anna (F)

38 HP / 57 EN
Psychic ~ Wish ~ Agility​

VS

Venser O
Umbra (F)

41 HP / 48 EN
Sp.Def -1
Drain Punch ~ Moonlight ~ Drain Punch​

And this round begins in a similar way to the before, with the cumulative attacks of Psychic (20 Damage / 10 EN) and Drain Punch (13 Damage / 7 Healing / 11 EN). The ref glares at both battlers and mutters something about "original..."

: 25/47​
: 28/37​

Both battlers visibly worse for wear, they each take a moment to recover. Anna prays, and releases the Wish into the sky as a ball of white light (17 EN / Healing 20 HP at end of next round). Umbra taps into the power of the skies once more, and calls upon the Moonlight once again (+15 HP / 16 EN)

: 25/30​
: 28/21​

Umbra seems fired up again, and the adreneline causes him to charge at Anna once moren with a Drain Punch (7 EN). However, at the last minute Anna dodges with an Agility (6 EN). However, as she tries to gain speed she trips up over some rocks and loses all the momentum agility would've gained.

: 25/24​
: 28/14​

Alchemator O
Anna (F)

25 HP / 24 EN
Wish next round
Hoping for that wish to hurry up.​

VS

Venser O
Umbra (F)

28 HP / 14 EN
Not...gonna...die...yet...​

Just an alert: Upon reaching 0 EN, you faint.

Alchemator

Psychic ~ Psychic ~ Chill

OR if he dodges the first Psychic,

Psychic ~ Agility (dodge) ~ Psychic

balls, i'm one energy short.

Umbra, start with a Chill. Then Destiny Bond. Finish the round by smacking yourself in the face with a Shadow Punch, which should KO.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Alchemator O
Anna (F)

25 HP / 24 EN
Wish next round
Psychic ~ Psychic ~ Chill​

VS

Venser O
Umbra (F)

28 HP / 14 EN
Chill ~ Destiny Bond ~ Shadow Punch (Self)​

As we enter the penultimate action, Umbra decides to take a breather, and Chills (+12 EN). Of course, before this can happen Anna has just launched another Psychic attack (18 Damage / 6 EN), which means that the chill is closer to getting out the painkillers.

: 25/18​
: 10/26​

And before Umbra can try to take Anna down with him, a final Psychic (10 Damage / 10 EN) knocks him out. As Anna gallops off with the Thestrals, Umbra has its bandages teared into pieces by the Hippogriffs, which deposit him in the nearby spiders nest. Good luck with that...

Game Over.

Counters:

DF44: 2 RC

Alchemator: 2 TC
Anna: 1 DC ; 2 MC ; 1 KOC

Venser: 2 TC
Umbra: 1 DC (Assummed) ; 2 MC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)