Singles
DQ Time: 3 days
2 Uses of Rest/Recover/Etc. and 5 Chills
One Ability
Items Disabled
Switch = KO
Arena:
THE GREAT AYER'S ROCK said:
The very same rock that Australians (and elsewhere across the world) love! The battle takes place atop it at sunset, though the time of day will change at the referee's discretion. During the daytime it will bask in harsh sunlight, but at night the cold will set in. The ground is tough to break in terms of damage but can still be dug through. It is slightly uneven, but this can easily be worked around with enough agility. Smaller or less agile Pokemon, however, will struggle slightly. Pokemon cannot be knocked off the top of Ayer's Rock. In terms of reffing it is assumed that the top of the rock is infinite in distance, though flavour can dictate otherwise.

You guys know the drill. Alch, your Pokemon. Zarator, respond with your Pokemon and actions. Alch can then declare his actions.

Malar, I choose you!

(No reason to feign)

Let the fox battle begin! Taunt the fiery fox to prevent her from doing anything too tricky (even if she's faster she doesn't have Taunt - remember to make both visual and auditory insults to prevent her from ignoring you!), then Snarl at her to weaken the strength of her assault. Finish it with a Dark Pulse.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Oki dokey. If Confuse Ray can move before Taunt, use it. If not, start off with a Fire Spin instead. Follow that up with a Flamethrower and then finally use Quick Attack to dodge Dark Pulse.

Confuse Ray/Fire Spin ~ Flamethrower ~ Evasive Quick Attack

Apologies for lack of bold and possible double post, it's my phone.

Apologies, I was on vacation. Bad start i know, but anyways...

Zorua (Malar) (M)
Nature: Rash (Special Defense reduced by *; Special Attack raised by *).

Type: Dark
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use more devious Dark-type attacks while attracted. Revenge and Vengeance have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: ***
Def: **
SpA: **** (+)
SpD: * (-)
Spe: 65

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: N/A

Ability
Illusion: (Innate) Whenever you send this Pokemon out it can feign the appearance of another member on your squad. If this Pokemon is damaged by a direct attack, the Illusion will cease at the end of the round. It will retain the typing and moveset of the Pokemon with Illusion. [Usage Note: PM the ref if you are sending out a Zorua or Zoroark with the info on Zorua/Zoroark and one of your squad members in a Switch=KO battle. You must use that squad member later in the battle though.]

Attacks:

Counter
Dark Pulse
Dig
Extrasensory
Faint Attack
Fake Tears
Fury Swipes
Grass Knot
Leer
Pursuit
Scary Face
Scratch
Snarl
Taunt

vs!

Vulpix [Diana] (F)
Nature: Timid [A 15% increase (rounded up) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on this Pokemon's attacks.]

Type:
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Solarbeam has Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:

Atk: * (-)
SpA: **
SpD: ***
Spe: 75 (65*1.15^)

EC: 4/6
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Flash Fire: (Innate) This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2).
Drought (DW): (Innate) When this Pokemon is sent out it summons blistering sunlight that scorches the field and does not end, expending 10% of its energy to do so.

Attacks:
Ember (*)
Tail Whip (*)
Roar (*)
Quick Attack (*)
Fire Spin (*)
Will-o-Wisp (*)
Confuse Ray (*)
Imprison (*)
Flame Burst (*)
Flamethrower (*)
Safeguard (*)
Disable (*)
Extrasensory (*)
Hypnosis (*)
Energy Ball (*)
Dig (*)
Dark Pulse (*)

Standing on top of the famous Great Ayer's Rock, two trainers stare each other down. The sunset reflects off the famous Alchemator's sunglasses, but the glint is ignored by the equally renowned Zarator! An unspoken agreement passes between the two and they suddenly toss out two Pokeballs! Both hit the ground at the same time, and out spring two dog-like Pokemon, one shaded red, the other fading into the shadows of the setting sun.

To start off the battle, Diana the Vulpix uses her latent heat powers to reflect the last of the setting sun towards the Zorua, confusing him. Undaunted, Malar starts posturing, showing off his strength, posing. This goads Diana into a rage, forcing her to only attack.

And attack she does! Conjuring up flames, Diana shoots them outwards towards the Zorua, who is caught in the blaze. Unable to dodge, Malar does his best to endure the heat, but is unfortunately seared and suffers a burn! Channeling his anger he snarls fiercely at the Vulpix, frightening her.

Hoping to finish the round on a positive note, Zarator orders Malar to shoot out a Dark Pulse at the dog. Summoning energy from the resident evil in the world, Malar prepares to finally show this Vulpix who's boss, but as he fires it off, Vulpix reacts with a quick, speedy lunge out of the way.

Energy: 84%
HP: 73
Burned
Confused
vs!

Energy: 84%
HP: 83
-1 Sp. Atk, Taunted

Alchemator

Wow is that really -2? Broken move (I.E. man-I-gotta-get-that-as-quickly-as-possible move.) Well, this night is going to suck with Zoroa being a Dark-type, but for crying out loud you're a fox too Diana. Let's get it.

Ok here we go. Start off with a Fire Spin around yourself to activate Flash Fire. Then if he uses Dig, use Dig yourself to avoid him and then strike him. If not, use Flamethrower. Finish with a Fire Spin around him.

Fire Spin (around self) ~ Dig/Flamethrower ~ Fire Spin

Malar, start off by Snarling a bit more to further lower Vulpix's power! Then give him a bad look with your Scary Face to slow him down. Hopefully you'll be faster than him after that, so avoid the Fire Spin and Dig underground, striking him as hard as you can!

Snarl - Scary Face - Dig

As the round begins, Diana the Vulpix starts by creating a discus out of flame, lighting up most of the plateau as the last remnants of the sun fall behind the horizon. However, as she moves to toss it at the Zorua, she instead bites down hard and absorbs the heat. Her eyes glow with an inner flame and her entire body glows ethereally. Unshaken, Malar simply snarls fiercely back, hoping to reduce the damage he'll be receiving.

But it doesn't look like it'll be enough to save him, as Diana shoots out flames from her tail. They branch out over the whole rock, scalding everything. Unfortunately for zarator, the set of "everything" includes Malar, who takes a solid hit from the fire. He retaliates by glowering at the Vulpix, which causes her to trip and, seemingly, sprain an ankle? This is sure to slow Diana down.

Malar finally gets off the passive-agressive train and burrows under the ground in an attempt to avoid the coming assault of flames. Diana is too slow, it seems, and even though she quickly tosses out another discus of fire, Malar is already under the ground. Only a slight disturbance shows his movements, until BAM he pops out and stuns Diana.

[ooc: yes malar did strike through all the confusion ._.]

Energy: 73%
HP: 63
Burned

vs!

Energy: 69%
-1 Sp. Atk, -2 Speed

Am I still confused? Confusion should last 3 turns max... Either way, keep scaring away her with your Snarl throw a Dark Pulse at her and shake her around with Extrasensory. Now you're faster, so let's try to flinch our way to victory!

Snarl - Dark Pulse - Extrasensory

Alchemator

I think that Taunt should have worn off now too. If it did, then:

Start off with another Confuse Ray. Hax is going to go our way sooner or later right? Then take the Dark Pulse and use Disable. If he doesn't manage to get it off (due to confusion) then use Flamethrower instead. Finish with a Fire Spin.

Confuse Ray ~ Disable/Flamethrower ~ Fire Spin

If Taunt wears off after the first action, just delay those actions by one and stick Flamethrower in the first slot.
Alternatively, if Taunt hasn't worn off for some reason.

Flamethrower ~ Fire Spin ~ Flamethrower

Sorry this took so long guys, real life is a bitch.

The moon is beginning to rise, peeking over the horizon. As its light reaches the battle, it becomes clear that Malar is still applying pressure on the Vulpix; he snarls threateningly, scaring Diana into submission. However, the Vulpix's training is too much for mere posturing to overcome; Diana reflects some of the moonlight towards the Zorua, which completely weirds him out and confuses him. Where's his opponent?

Due to his confusion, he decides to use a wide-ranged attack, shooting out a wave of dark energy from all sides. Diana is unable to dodge the attack, but takes it without flinching. Furious, she retaliates by creating a mental block inside the Zorua's mind – it doesn't look like he's going to be firing off any more Dark Pulses anytime soon!

This time Malar shoots back with more psychic energy; a sound from behind Diana distracts her while he shoots a concentrated burst at her. The pulse slams into her so hard that, her trainer's orders forgotten, she flies backwards and lies on the ground collecting herself.

Malar: Snarl, 5 energy, 8 damage; Dark Pulse, 6 energy, 11 damage; Extrasensory, 6 energy, 8 damage
Diana: Confuse Ray, 5 energy; Disable, 6 energy; flinch

Energy: 58%

vs!

Energy: 58%
HP: 36
-1 Speed, -1 Sp. Atk

Alchemator

Ok it's time for some creative play!

Flamethrower ~ Flame Burst ~ Flamethrower

If he uses Dig once, I want you to use Dig as soon as you see it to dodge it.

That doesn't look very creative, Zarator :p

The moon is almost fully risen across the plateau when the referee finally steps up to do his duty. Silhouetted in front of the moon, Malar the Zorua seems to be in his home element as he repeats his favorite strategy and snarls fiercely at the Vulpix across the rock. This frightens the already-weakened beauty, but she is able to respond by lighting up the plateau with a massive fire attack, hot enough to burn the very rock. Zorua isn't able to escape and is covered in weak burns.

Before the Zorua can follow up the attack, Diana withdraws into herself and then roars a mighty roar for such a small dog, as she shoots out a blast of heat which leaves embers scattered across the plateau. Both contestants are going to need to beware their footing, but that's neither's immediate problem. Zorua simply ignores the threat and fires out a pulse of dark energy on all sides, which hits Vulpix and pushes her back further from the embers.

Another blast of flame is shot out from the beautiful Diana, illuminating the nearby rock, and slamming into the other doggy. This time, it doesn't seem as strong as it's been before but that boost gained from imbuing herself with flames is certainly helping. Zorua takes the attack "like a champ" and retaliates by shouting loudly back, forcing the Vulpix into an ever-weaker state of helplessness...but this isn't the end!

Malar: Snarl, 5 energy, 8 damage; Dark Pulse, 6 energy, 11 damage; Snarl, 5 energy, 8 damage
Diana: Flamethrower, 14 damage, 7 energy; Flame Burst, 12 damage, 6 energy; Flamethrower, 12 damage, 7 energy

Energy: 42%
HP: 27

vs!

Energy: 38%
HP: 9
-1 Sp. Atk

Sorry for the long wait.

Malar, time to finish it! Squeeze him with Extrasensory, and knock him out once and for all!

Extrasensory - Extrasensory - Extrasensory

Alchemator

Use Dig to avoid the first Extrasensory and then Disable it. Finish with Flamethrower.

Dig ~ Disable ~ Flamethrower

It's another round here at the Great Ayer's Rock, and the two contestants, Alchemator and Zarator, are both in delicate situations! Diana's barely hanging on with almost no health, it's clear that she's going to have to play this situation very carefully! In weather news, the moon is clear over the battle arena, casting an eerie light over the proceedings.

As soon as Malar the Zorua starts to conjure up an attack to finish Vulpix off, Diana burrows into the solid rock by heating up her claws. Once under the ground, Malar's attack, a wave of psychic energy designed to distract the Vulpix and trip her up, completely misses. In the wake of this, Diana pops out directly under Malar and slashes at him.

This time Diana aims to remove the threat entirely, and using her apparent psychic powers she looks into Malar's mind and makes him forget how to use that attack completely by mentally blocking it. The enraged Zorua simply rushes at her in a desperate attempt to do damage now, but scratches himself in the process.

In a last-ditch attempt to do damage, Alchemator's lovely Vulpix summons heat and unleashes it in a wicked blast of fire, which singes the rock as well as the struggling Malar. However despite this massive damage output, the Zorua once again runs at Diana and slams into her, hitting himself on the head. But the repeated assaults were too much, and she falls to the ground.

Malar: Extrasensory, 6 energy; Struggle, 5 damage (2 to self), 5 Energy; Struggle, 5 damage (2 to self), 5 Energy
Diana: Dig, 8 damage, 6 Energy ; Disable, 6 Energy, Flamethrower, 12 damage, 7 Energy

Energy: 26%
HP: 3

vs!

FAINTED

Alchemator

Lovely Vulpix? Damn right :D

Go Steve!

Ok, let's keep it simple and Water Gun him to death. If he somehow manages to avoid the first attack with Dig, use Barrier before he comes up if you can. Otherwise Water Gun. Then end him with another Water Gun.

Water Gun ~ Barrier / Water Gun ~ Water Gun

Alchemator's beauty, his pride, the stunning Diana has been vanquished. Barely standing across from her fainted body is a weakened but grinning Zorua. A solitary tear dripping down the stoic Alchemator's face from under his sunglasses, he tosses out a Pokeball with all the appearance of unconcernedness, the epitome of cool. The Pokeball and the tear both hit the ground at the same time. A Starmie named Steve pops out, ready to replace his fallen comrade!

Staryu [Steve] (N/A)
Nature: Modest [Adds * to Special Attack, subtracts * from Attack]

Type:
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Splash and Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
Atk: * (-)
SpA: **** (+)
SpD: **
Spe: 85

EC: 0/6

Abilities:
Illuminate: (Can be Activated) At any point in a match this Pokemon can illuminate the area without using an action, the light is less powerful than Flash.
Natural Cure: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body has the ability to heal itself of status afflictions over time, it goes into effect six (6) actions after being inflicted with a status. In switch battles, this Pokemon heals all status effects when switched out.
Analyze (DW): (Can be Enabled) If this Pokemon attacks second during an action, its attack has +5% (flat) more accuracy do two (2) more damage. However, the opponents attacks have +10% (flat) accuracy.

Attacks:
Tackle (*)
Harden (*)
Water Gun (*)
Rapid Spin (*)
Recover (*)
Camouflage (*)
Swift (*)
Aurora Beam (*)
Supersonic (*)
Barrier (*)
Scald (*)
Thunderbolt (*)
Thunder Wave (*)

Under the light of the moon, reflecting of the majestic Starmie, Steve shoots out one of the weakest attacks he can muster. A weak ball of water, barely held together, floats across and drops on the unsteady Malar, pushing him down to the ground...where he stays! Zorua has fainted!

Energy: 97

VS!

100% DEAD

Time to send out my trustworthy Shar!

Litwick (Shar) (F)
Nature: Modest (Attack reduced by *; Special Attack raised by *).

Type: Ghost/Fire
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks, Pain Split, Psychic, Sucker Punch, Telekinesis, Trick, and Will-o-Wisp have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Gengar line and pure Ghosts only: moving through walls.)
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Solarbeam has Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
HP 90
Atk * (-)
Def **
SpA **** (+)
SpD **
Spe 20

EC: 4/9

Abilities:
Flame Body: (Innate) This Pokemon’s external temperature is kept at such a high level that any contact attack used on this Pokemon has a 30% chance of burning the opponent.
Flash Fire: (Innate) This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2).
Shadow Tag (Dream World): (Innate) Upon entry into battle, this Pokemon’s Shadow expands across the arena and dissipates, forcing opposing Pokemon to stay within 10 meters of this Pokemon. The Shadow entirely negates the ability to switch for every Pokemon except those who also have Shadow Tag.

Attacks

Acid Armor
Astonish
Clear Smog
Confuse Ray
Ember
Fire Spin
Flame Burst
Flamethrower
Heat Wave
Imprison
Minimize
Night Shade
Smog
Solarbeam
Sunny Day
Will-o-wisp

First of all, summon harsh sunlight with Sunny Day. Keep trying if you don't manage to do it first action. Then, slam that Staryu with Solarbeam.

Sunny Day - Solarbeam - Solarbeam
if Sunny Day doesn't work on turn 1
Sunny Day - Sunny Day - Solarbeam
if Sunny Day doesn't work on turn 2
Sunny Day - Sunny Day - Sunny Day

Alchemator

Note that this dude is still a Staryu.

Ok this will be difficult, but the arena should hinder him. Start off with a Scald before he gets that Sun up, and then use Supersonic. Complete that awesome combo with Thunderwave.

Scald ~ Supersonic ~ Thunderwave

Zarator decides to enact revenge on the poor Staryu of Alchemator's by sending out a ghost to haunt it for eternity! A Pokeball reflects the light from the setting moon as it crashes into the ground, releasing a shade-like candle! Litwick makes a cute face at the Staryu but is clearly planning its demise as we speak.

Litwick (Shar) (F)
Nature: Modest (Attack reduced by *; Special Attack raised by *).

Type: Ghost/Fire
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks, Pain Split, Psychic, Sucker Punch, Telekinesis, Trick, and Will-o-Wisp have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Gengar line and pure Ghosts only: moving through walls.)

Stats:
HP 90
Atk * (-)
Def **
SpA **** (+)
SpD **
Spe 20

EC: 4/9

Abilities:
Flame Body: (Innate) This Pokemon’s external temperature is kept at such a high level that any contact attack used on this Pokemon has a 30% chance of burning the opponent.
Shadow Tag (Dream World): (Innate) Upon entry into battle, this Pokemon’s Shadow expands across the arena and dissipates, forcing opposing Pokemon to stay within 10 meters of this Pokemon. The Shadow entirely negates the ability to switch for every Pokemon except those who also have Shadow Tag.

Attacks

Acid Armor
Astonish
Clear Smog
Confuse Ray
Ember
Fire Spin
Flame Burst
Flamethrower
Heat Wave
Imprison
Minimize
Night Shade
Smog
Solarbeam
Sunny Day
Will-o-wisp

After both trainers issue their sets of orders, Alchemator's pet starfish begins the action by superheating water and then flinging it at the Litwick! Steve's attack certainly doesn't leave it unscathed, but Shar ignores it and, concentrating mightily, manages to speed up the rotation of the earth until dawn and pull the sun over the horizon. There's no telling what's been messed up by this, but it's good enough for Zarator!

Extremely annoyed that his opponent managed to completely pull the Earth further in its orbit, whereas he just sprayed boiling water at at him, Steve tries to cut down on the chances of any further orbit abuse by creating a high-pitched noise to confuse Shar. However, it doesn't look like it'll work on the ear-less candle he's facing. Meanwhile, Litwick absorbs energy from the sun and fires it in a huge beam of energy at the Staryu.

If this was an anime, Staryu would be covered with black cross-hacheting and bandaids as he reels from the blow and focuses enough to fire back a beam of electric energy which hardens over the Litwick, potentially reducing his movement. But Shar, unheeding, fires off another beam of solar energy which pushes the Staryu even further back, but leaves him quite tired.

Litwick: Sunny Day, 10 energy; Solarbeam, 18 damage, 8 energy; Solarbeam, 18 damage, 8 energy
Starmie: Scald, 17 damage, 6 energy; Supersonic (missed), 4 energy; Thunder Wave, 7 energy.

HP: 73
Energy: 74
Paralyzed

VS!

HP: 58
Energy: 74

It's sunny, and will be so for 4 more rounds. Alch, your go!

Alchemator

Ouch, solarbeam. Anyway, time to attempt something cool. I'm not all that happy with Supersonic missing, so we'll try something more creative. You know how Camouflage disguises everything except your gem, and Rapid Spin makes you spin really quickly? Well I want you to use a combo of Camouflage and Rapid Spin to make a Pseudo-Confuse Ray! Follow that up with a Recover.

Camouflage + Rapid Spin ~ Recover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)