Alex Trys Stall

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Once Lati was moved to uber I was very mad. My team just wouldn't work. So, it was time to build anouther. Although they were nothing special. Nothing really to good. So, I decided I'd stray out from the offence area and try stall. I've seen KG use a team just like this. I only use a few diffrences from him. However, thats were this team started. I was ever so bored. I decided to make this. It has had good success although I think it could be even better. This team is pretty decent so I would like YOU to try it out. Some sets of mine I feel aren't quite right. But, thats what you guys are for. So, without further ado, the team:

Bio-Scope

Impish
252 HP/ 168 DEF/ 88 SP.DEF
@Leftovers
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Roar
Slack Off
This fat hippo is my lead. It does it's job all thought the fight. It's main rollis to stop powerful Psycical sweepers. It can counter Lucario, Machamp, Scizor, Flygon, and even DD Mence in some cases. It works great with Gyarados. It sets up SR and can also provide extra Roar support for the team. Slack Off is a great healing move. It's massive HP and DEF support all of this. There isn't to much to say besides it's great support and lead. Psycical leads are completly helpless with the Gyarados/Hippowdon combo. So, this starts out the team. Now, onto the next guy. It helps with Hippowdons main threats. It's Special problums.

Bold
252 HP/ 252 DEF/ 6 SP.DEF
@Leftovers
Seismic Toss
Wish
Protect
Toxic
I'm not so sure on this set quite yet. I was thinking Just using Toxic + Softboiled + S-Toss +Ice Beam. So, i'm not sureon this one. It sordy supports Jirachi. Thats why I like it. I might even go Cleric. Anyway, Blissy is my main Special Wall. It helps VS Starmie. The main Special attacker in this metagame. I'm lost without Blissy. Starmie is very threating otherwise. Blissy has so many support uses it's amazing. Blissy is on almost every stall team due to it's amzing support. It can set up SR, cripple Bulky Threats. And the amazing Skarm Bliss combo is almost undefeated. When paired with something bulky on Both sides like Gyarados it turns even better. So, Blissy was my obvious next choice. Now onto the next guy. The one that pairs best with him.

Relaxed
252 HP/ 252 SP.DEF/ 6 DEF
@Shed Shell
Rapid Spin
Payback
Spikes
Toxic Spikes
Forry was chosen over the original Skarm. It can RS, set up Tspikes, and also is decent defencivly. Although it may not be like Skarm being able to Whirl Mence away easier, it works as an Anti-Stall hitter as it takes Entry hazards off the feild. This guy has proved to be equally effective with it's new TSpikes. It takes care of Blissy and Celebi with this new added support. So, Forry also Is my last ditch attemp to kill Gengar. Pride reccomended this guy as it works great with Wish Bliss healing. It works very well. Maybe better than Skarm.

Bold
252 HP/ 248 SP.DEF/ 8 DEF
@Leftovers
Thunderbolt
Will-o-Wisp
Rest
Sleep Talk
Instead of Being a Psycical wall, I figured I needed more special isurence. This Rotom is made for anti spinning Starmie and Infernape. It can take Surfs from Starmie much easier along with Fire Blasts from Infernape. Since most of my team besides Blissy is more defencive on the special side I fealt I needed some extra support. I added T-Bolt due to more power. So, I think this improved the defencive side of the team as a whole. Along with supporting it's next member. That is....

Impish
252 HP/ 252 DEF/ 6 ATK
@Leftovers
Waterfall
Rest
Sleep Talk
Roar
Gyarados is part of my Salamence insurence with Intimidate and good HP and defence. It can take Outrage and switch around with it. It can also Roar away things other team members can't. It can Roar away most Lucario and is my Infernape switch as Grass Knot can't do very much. It's also my backup Gyarados counter. If they lack Stone Edge I can Roar it away and cause further problums. Now with Rotoms new Special Defencive capibility, it can take Thunderbolts easier than ever before. Zapdos becomes even less a problum. So, this is my defencive glue of the team. It works even better than before.

Jolly
252 SPED/ 252 ATK/ 6 DEF
@Choice Scarf
Iron Head
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch
Ice Punch
My Trick Absorber and "failsafe"poke. T-tar got 2 DDS out of nowhere!? JIRACHI! Gyarados got up DD? JIRACHI!! MENCE GOT A DD UP TOO? I HOPE IT"S NOT JOLLY!!!. Jirachi can also be used to Flinch Celebi to death. Something very very annoying. It is a very good support Poke in many diffrent ways. It can take out members of the opponents team and open a gap so I can phaze and set up more entry hazards. Anyway, I was thinking maybe switching Jirachi to T-tar giving me anouther Fire resist and more help VS Starmie and Gengar, but then the DDerswill give me trouble. I'll have to use the 252 DEF Gyarados and maybe even 252 DEF Skarm for extra support. This would change my team alot. So, what do you think I should do?
Heres my Team! Please Rate!
Problums
I'm not doing a entire threat list of things I can already handle. Only listing real threats.
Starmie
Pretty decent. Rapid Spinners annoy the crap out of me as Surf 2HKOs. However, Bliss handles all Non-Trick versions. I can always wear it down though.
Salamence
DD Mence....ugh....If Jirachi fails to Outrun I have to play around with Gyarados and Skarm. If it has Roost over Fire Blast or is Adamant, then I have no Problum. Although, name 1 team that isn't Mence weak.
Jirachi
ScarfRachi dosen't cause problums what so ever. However, CM Rachi is deadly. I have to Spam Fire Punch or If I consider it, use Trick as a move replacement. Anouther thing is using Perish Song Celebi.

Possible replacements
ScarfTar over ScarfRachi
This thing may give me less coveredge vs DDNite and stuff, but it sure helps more VS Gengar and Starmie. Along with The Rotoms that invade this metagame. So, if I do I will probubly use 252 DEF evs on Gyara to help take these threats better. Like Dragonaite and ect. I'll be using Skarm for way to many things.
New Blissy Set
Just to help more VS Gengar. Maybe using a Ice beam/Soft Boiled/ S-Toss/Toxic or something like that. Or even Cleric Bliss is an option.
Perish Song Celebi
This guy would help me alot with CM Celebi. However, IDK who I should replace or change it at all. So, it's kinda hard.

Trick on Jirachi. Nobody uses this anymore. So, it can catch surprise on CMRachi.

Once Lati was moved to uber I was very mad. My team just wouldn't work. So, it was time to build anouther. Although they were nothing special. Nothing really to good. So, I decided I'd stray out from the offence area and try stall. I've seen KG use a team just like this. I only use a few diffrences from him. However, thats were this team started. I was ever so bored. I decided to make this. It has had good success although I think it could be even better. This team is pretty decent so I would like YOU to try it out. Some sets of mine I feel aren't quite right. But, thats what you guys are for. So, without further ado, the team:

Bio-Scope

Impish
252 HP/ 168 DEF/ 88 SP.DEF
@Leftovers
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Roar
Slack Off
This fat hippo is my lead. It does it's job all thought the fight. It's main rollis to stop powerful Psycical sweepers. It can counter Lucario, Machamp, Scizor, Flygon, and even DD Mence in some cases. It works great with Gyarados. It sets up SR and can also provide extra Roar support for the team. Slack Off is a great healing move. It's massive HP and DEF support all of this. There isn't to much to say besides it's great support and lead. Psycical leads are completly helpless with the Gyarados/Hippowdon combo. So, this starts out the team. Now, onto the next guy. It helps with Hippowdons main threats. It's Special problums.

Bold
252 HP/ 252 DEF/ 6 SP.DEF
@Leftovers
Seismic Toss
Wish
Protect
Toxic
I'm not so sure on this set quite yet. I was thinking Just using Toxic + Softboiled + S-Toss +Ice Beam. So, i'm not sureon this one. It sordy supports Jirachi. Thats why I like it. I might even go Cleric. Anyway, Blissy is my main Special Wall. It helps VS Starmie. The main Special attacker in this metagame. I'm lost without Blissy. Starmie is very threating otherwise. Blissy has so many support uses it's amazing. Blissy is on almost every stall team due to it's amzing support. It can set up SR, cripple Bulky Threats. And the amazing Skarm Bliss combo is almost undefeated. When paired with something bulky on Both sides like Gyarados it turns even better. So, Blissy was my obvious next choice. Now onto the next guy. The one that pairs best with him.

Relaxed
252 HP/ 252 SP.DEF/ 6 DEF
@Shed Shell
Rapid Spin
Payback
Spikes
Toxic Spikes
Forry was chosen over the original Skarm. It can RS, set up Tspikes, and also is decent defencivly. Although it may not be like Skarm being able to Whirl Mence away easier, it works as an Anti-Stall hitter as it takes Entry hazards off the feild. This guy has proved to be equally effective with it's new TSpikes. It takes care of Blissy and Celebi with this new added support. So, Forry also Is my last ditch attemp to kill Gengar. Pride reccomended this guy as it works great with Wish Bliss healing. It works very well. Maybe better than Skarm.

Bold
252 HP/ 248 SP.DEF/ 8 DEF
@Leftovers
Thunderbolt
Will-o-Wisp
Rest
Sleep Talk
Instead of Being a Psycical wall, I figured I needed more special isurence. This Rotom is made for anti spinning Starmie and Infernape. It can take Surfs from Starmie much easier along with Fire Blasts from Infernape. Since most of my team besides Blissy is more defencive on the special side I fealt I needed some extra support. I added T-Bolt due to more power. So, I think this improved the defencive side of the team as a whole. Along with supporting it's next member. That is....

Impish
252 HP/ 252 DEF/ 6 ATK
@Leftovers
Waterfall
Rest
Sleep Talk
Roar
Gyarados is part of my Salamence insurence with Intimidate and good HP and defence. It can take Outrage and switch around with it. It can also Roar away things other team members can't. It can Roar away most Lucario and is my Infernape switch as Grass Knot can't do very much. It's also my backup Gyarados counter. If they lack Stone Edge I can Roar it away and cause further problums. Now with Rotoms new Special Defencive capibility, it can take Thunderbolts easier than ever before. Zapdos becomes even less a problum. So, this is my defencive glue of the team. It works even better than before.

Jolly
252 SPED/ 252 ATK/ 6 DEF
@Choice Scarf
Iron Head
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch
Ice Punch
My Trick Absorber and "failsafe"poke. T-tar got 2 DDS out of nowhere!? JIRACHI! Gyarados got up DD? JIRACHI!! MENCE GOT A DD UP TOO? I HOPE IT"S NOT JOLLY!!!. Jirachi can also be used to Flinch Celebi to death. Something very very annoying. It is a very good support Poke in many diffrent ways. It can take out members of the opponents team and open a gap so I can phaze and set up more entry hazards. Anyway, I was thinking maybe switching Jirachi to T-tar giving me anouther Fire resist and more help VS Starmie and Gengar, but then the DDerswill give me trouble. I'll have to use the 252 DEF Gyarados and maybe even 252 DEF Skarm for extra support. This would change my team alot. So, what do you think I should do?
Heres my Team! Please Rate!
Problums
I'm not doing a entire threat list of things I can already handle. Only listing real threats.
Starmie
Pretty decent. Rapid Spinners annoy the crap out of me as Surf 2HKOs. However, Bliss handles all Non-Trick versions. I can always wear it down though.
Salamence
DD Mence....ugh....If Jirachi fails to Outrun I have to play around with Gyarados and Skarm. If it has Roost over Fire Blast or is Adamant, then I have no Problum. Although, name 1 team that isn't Mence weak.
Jirachi
ScarfRachi dosen't cause problums what so ever. However, CM Rachi is deadly. I have to Spam Fire Punch or If I consider it, use Trick as a move replacement. Anouther thing is using Perish Song Celebi.

Possible replacements
ScarfTar over ScarfRachi
This thing may give me less coveredge vs DDNite and stuff, but it sure helps more VS Gengar and Starmie. Along with The Rotoms that invade this metagame. So, if I do I will probubly use 252 DEF evs on Gyara to help take these threats better. Like Dragonaite and ect. I'll be using Skarm for way to many things.
New Blissy Set
Just to help more VS Gengar. Maybe using a Ice beam/Soft Boiled/ S-Toss/Toxic or something like that. Or even Cleric Bliss is an option.
Perish Song Celebi
This guy would help me alot with CM Celebi. However, IDK who I should replace or change it at all. So, it's kinda hard.
Bolded is straight from the Smogcast. Anyway replace Jirachi with ScarfTar as it works wonders on stall teams

This is really just bog standard ladder stall, so there's not many changes that need to be made, with most of them being minor EV spread changes.

On Gyarados, You should go with 248 HP, 0 Attack and 8 Speed. 248 HP allows Gyarados to switch into Stealth Rock 5 times as opposed to 4, and the Speed is more important than an almost unnoticeable in Attack, allowing you to win speed ties against opposing Rest Talk Gyarados.
I'd also suggest trying out a specially defensive EV spread on Forretress instead, with 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD and a Careful nature, which makes it much easier for Forretress to both find opportunities to set up Spikes, and to take the occasional hit from Pokemon like Scarf Rotom in order to take out their spin blocker when necesarry. Forretress should still be able to take the physical hits that it needs to, especially as it's going to be supported by Gyarados, Rotom and Hippowdon.

My final suggestion would be to consider trying out a Swampert over Hippowdon. Hippo is perfectly good, and there's no problem with running it on this team, but I personally prefer using a Swampert for access to Ice Beam and the Fire Resist, among other little perks, although it's down to personal preference really.

Good luck.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hippo is a decent counter to Luke. Taking little damenge. I'll use your Gyara set and mayeb Forry. The Bog standardness is well... meh. Swampert is the same thing aside from having Ice Beam pretty much. Thanks for the rate!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)