All glory to Yukon Corneilus

Hello, everyone! I must say, it's been quite a while since I've done one of these, but seeing as I've been having such a large amount of fun with this team, I figured I'd post it for any welcome constructive criticism.

Now I know weather teams have been getting a lot of the spotlight since the introduction of DrizzleToed and DroughTails, but I bring to you the most forgotten of the weathers, and the weather I can apparently construct the best teams for, hail.

Abomasnow (M) (Bumble) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Warning
Nature: Hasty
EVs: 252 SAtk / 240 Spd / 16 Atk
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power (Fire)
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer

Your standard Scarf Abomasnow set. Bilzzard for STAB off the higher attacking stat, plus perfect accuracy. Not to mention hitting Dragonites for massive damage. Hidden Power (Fire) Hits all those pesky Ferrothorns and Forretresses with their biggest weaknesses, not to mention Scizor if it happens to switch in, expecting to take a Blizzard. Earthquake hits both Heatran (minus un-popped balloon variants) as well as Ninetails, though both would be on the switch unless already adequately damaged. Wood Hammer, or second STAB moves, hits Politoed, Gastrodon and Tyranitar all super effectively, which are threats in their own rights, mainly in the act that 2 out of the 3 set up a weather that is less than beneficial to the team.

Donphan (M) (Elephander) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Behold! The only defensive Mon on the team. After seeing the remainder of the team, you may gander at 'ol Donphan here and think he may be out of place, but he does his job exceptionally well. Now Earthquake is obvious as the obligatory STAB move, which is helpful against other weather -inducing leads, minus Mr. Politoed. Rapid Spin removes entry hazards, not that I need to tell you this, mainly those pesky Stealth Rocks that hit half of my team for a quarter of their health. Toxic is mainly for when I lead with him and hit either Tyranitar or Politoed, whom I have an otherwise problematic time dealing with, depending on the set, and Dragonite mid-way/later into the battle, as it removes its status as a truly massive threat when it takes large amounts of residual damage every turn. The final move is the ever omnipresent Stealth Rocks, so I don't feel I really need to explain the importance of the move.

Chandelure (M) (Pyro Jack) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
- Substitute
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power (Fighting)

Here's Chandelure, one of the, in my opinion, more important Mons on this team. Out of all of them, Chandeulre has the greatest Type Coverage. Both Fire Blast and Shadow Ball are the obligatory STAB moves that hit a large amount of the bigger threats for high amounts of damage, especially coming off of a Special Attack stat of 388. HP Fighting s to achieve the type coverage with Shadow Ball, and hits both Tyranitar and Heatran for super-effective damage, given that both of them either resist or absorb Chandeulre's STAB moves. Substitute is the crux of the set, allowing it to come in on something it easily threatens and then set up as the Mon switches out, allowing for a safe next move.

Breloom (M) (Goombario) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Low Sweep

What is there NOT to say about how good Breloom is? This guy hits like a darn train, and I'm glad I took him up. Originally, this slot was taken by a CB Terrakion, but after losing one-too-many fights to my crippling Conkeldurr weakness, I changed it to this psycho mushroom, and haven't looked back. Spore allows Breloom to put slower threats, as well as switch-ins to sleep, which will allow me to switch to the appropriate check or counter. Bullet Seed is absolutely amazing, as it is able to, with a single hit, take out offensive Politoed after rocks damage, as well as deal massive damage to anything that doesn't resist it, as well as massive damage to some things that even DO resist it. Mach Punch fits as secondary STAB and priority, which is important. Low Sweep is the final move, which gives Breloom the highest Base Power possible on the set, and is possible help if it comes down to a 2v1 situation, as it will lower the opposing Mon's speed, allowing for a greater chance to out-speed and kill, if Breloom doesn't do it outright.

Kyurem (Soul Solid) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
- Blizzard
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

The King of Freeze himself, I just couldn't make a hail team and NOT include Kyurem. With a Scarf, Kyurem hits 475 Speed, which allows him to out-speed a large portion of the metagame, including Dragonite after it gets up a Dragon Dance. Given his presence in a hail team, Blizzard is the Ice-STAB of choice, as Ice Beam lacks the proper power to dent bulkier Mons. Draco Meteor allows Kyurem to adopt a hit-and-run strategy, assuming Rocks aren't up on the field. Dragon Pulse allows Kyurem to deal with the Lati twins without having to lock into Draco Meteor. Finally, Focus Blast allows Kyurem to hit both Heatran and Ferrothorn, assuming it actually hits, of course.

Raikou (RAIKOU) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Rash
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
- Aura Sphere
- Thunderbolt
- Weather Ball
- Substitute

The final member of the team is event Raikou. A relatively straightforward build, in a vein similar to Chandelure, Raikou has proven its worth. With Thunderbolt being the STAB of choice, Raikou will be hitting many-a-thing for plentiful damage. In the Hail, Weather Ball becomes a 100BP Ice move, which hits Landorus and Gliscor, as well as the dragons that loom in the OU metagame, for massive, usually fatal, damage. Aura Sphere is the always reliable never-missing coverage move, hitting those Pesky Ferrothorns and Heatrans. Lastly, Sub allows Raikou the same set-upp opportunity as Chandeulre, which allows it to more easily deal with the aforementioned Gliscor and Landorus.

Well, this concludes my first RMT is a long while, and I eagerly await some feedback. Until then, ciao.

Solid team, I just suggest you change Abamasnow to a bulky toxic user. Use toxic and then spam protect to rack up damage. Blizzard and Wood hammer for STAB. Your team has enough offense kind of already. Lastly I would recommend Head Smash > Toxic on Donphan for better coverage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)