All out offense. Needs lots of work.

How I went about it.
I started off with Raikou simply because I like his ability to sweep simply with 1 move, bar ground types.

Next I added in Suicune to compliment Raikou's weakness. Suicune takes out many of the pesky ground types that wall Raikou to hell and back.

Next I added in a strange version of Infernape, mostly for the fun of it but also to strongly weaken enemy leads. I also needed someone to set up stealth rocks, something very prevalent in OU. I decided on Infernape because of the fun moveset and his very high speed.

I had 3 pokemon but I realized that I still had many threats to deal with. One of them being Scizor. Jirachi resists Scizor nicely, letting it heal and status up. Thunderwave also ruins many sweepers and performs very well on any kind of wall.

Next I added in Metagross as a physical sweeper because I realized Blissey, a special wall, would pose many threats to me.

Finally I was down to just 1 Pokemon remaining. I went with Gliscor to help me out late game. He is able to stall many Pokemon and throw out toxic for the extra damage to turn 3HKOs into 2HKOs.

An In Depth Look

Infernape (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SpAtk
Timid nature (+Spd,-Atk)
- Endeavor
- Overheat
- Stealth Rock
- Vacuum Wave

As stated above I went with Infernape as my lead, both due to its speed for setting up stealth rocks and the unpredictability of this moveset. Stealth Rock is very easy to set up on the first turn and against opposing Azelf's I am generally outsped. This turns out to be benificail to me allowing me to endeavor on their next move. Usually it is simply an explode, something I survive due to focus sash allowing me to easily take out their switch. Another thing I often experience is a Swampert switch in. Endeavor still brings Swamperts HP down a bit due to me having such low hp. Finally I can then switch on an already weakened Swampert or proceed to endeavor if I feel it will attack.
---
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpAtk
Calm nature (+SpDef,-Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Wish
Jirachi is a Pokemon I like very much and he benifits the team by being able to pass around wish and to cripple man sweepers through the use of thunderbolt. By going with a calm nature I end up with Just below 300 SpDef and Def allowing Jirachi to take both physical and special attacks.
---
Suicune @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SpAtk/4 SpDef
Timid nature (+Spd,-Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power (Electric)
- Ice Beam
- Surf
Suicune is a pretty cool Pokemon and also plays very nicely with Raikou (along with being the same legandary from that gen xD) While Raikou gets raped by many ground types Suicune comes in and takes care of them nicely.
---
Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP/184 Def/72 Spd
Impish nature (+Def,-SpAtk)
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Taunt
- Toxic
Gliscor is pretty cool and does pretty good to suck up physical attacks, such as Fire Punch that Jirachi can't take. Earthquake is its main STAB move doing pretty nicely against alot of pokemon, excluding flying type which can be taken out by Raikou and Suicune. Protect coupled with Toxic allow me to sit around and stall. Lastly Taunt ruins other walls and lets me stall them out with poison damage.
---
Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SpAtk
Rash nature (+SpAtk,-SpDef)
- Aura Sphere
- Hidden Power (Ice)
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
Raikou is the pokemon I started this team around and a pretty cool pokemon easily sweeping with a simple Thunderbolt. Entry hazards may be of annoyance to him, but he won't go down easily.
---
Metagross @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 60 HP/252 Atk/196 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk,-SpAtk)
- Agility (Switch for swords dance?)
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
---
Metagross is really the main physical attacker of this set and the reason why Blissey doesn't turn the whole thing upside down. Agility helps with his pitiful speed stat, further lowered by giving some EVs to HP so he can take a few hits.

Threats List
Breloom: Annoying as anything due to the lack of fire attacks, other than Infernape.
Gengar: An aggravating lead forcing Infernape to switch. Otherwise somewhat simple to deal with
Rotom-A: Levitate means that it is immune to Gliscor, my main counter to electric types. See Gengar for the ghost type part.
Scizor: Annoying as anything (as usual) However ripped apart by Gliscor and Jirachi can take bullet punch all day long.
Tyranitar: Not that bad considering that Suicune hits it hard. Sandstorm is rather aggravating for many sweepers as it shortens their time.

Closing
Sorry if I missed anything blatantly obvious as this is my first thread RMT, I checked the rules and everything seems to be ok.
Don't be afraid to give large ammounts of suggestions, I am relatively new to competetive Pokemon and anything would be helpful.

Hi Honest Rebel, welcome to Smogon.

As you mentioned, this team does need a lot of work. Fear not, however, because a lot of the issues are easy fixes.

The most obvious problem I see is an overabundance of setup sweepers. Pokemon that use setup moves such as Calm Mind and Agility are all well and good, but one good hazer such as Swampert can easily force out your pokemon, along with their hard-earned boosts. In short, if your opponent is using a pokemon with Roar or Whirlwind, you're basically playing down three pokemon.

The fix to this problem is easy: remove a setup sweeper. I'm going to try and kill two birds with one stone here and fix your prevalent weaknesses too. Therefore, I recommend the menace of BL, Honchkrow in place of your Suicune.

Honchkrow@Life Orb
Ability: Insomnia
Naughty Nature, 252Att/4SpA/252Spe
Sucker Punch
Brave Bird
Heat Wave
Superpower

Honchkrow, though rarely seen, is a perfect fit for your team. He easily deals with all of the pokemon who plague you, (He's immune to Breloom's Spore, Sucker Punch OHKOs both Ghosts, and Superpower takes out Tyranitar) and gives you a bona fide Wallbreaker to punch holes in your opponent's team. Sucker Punch and Brave Bird are your STABs, while Heat Wave nails physical walls such as Skarmory and Forretress. Superpower takes care of Heatran and Tyranitar. Be warned however: Honchkrow is pretty slow and very frail physically, and will fall quickly due to Life Orb and recoil damage. As such, some prediction is needed to get maximum effectiveness from him. If you'd prefer to ease prediction at the cost of some coverage, using Substitute over Heat Wave is a good option.

Without Suicune, you now lack a way to take hits from Fire-types. This is obviously a big problem, with the prevalence of Heatran and Infernape. As such, I recommend you replace Jirachi with Wish Vaporeon.

Vaporeon@Leftovers
Bold Nature 248HP/224Def/36SpD
Wish
Protect
Surf
HP Electric/Ice Beam/Toxic

Vaporeon is one of the best Bulky Waters in the game, capable of tanking hits form almost anything while slowly whittling away the opponent's health. Wish keeps Jirachi's team support aspect, while Protect makes it more efficient self-recovery. Even though you mentioned this team Surf is STAB. The last move is up to you, but I usually run HP electric since Vaporeon is one of the best Gyarados counters in the game. Ice Beam can catch grass-types on the switch though, and Toxic lets you beat opposing walls. If you prefer, you can use two coverage moves in place of Protect, but I don't recommend it.

You may be asking "Why replace Suicune just to turn around and replace something else with a new Water-Type?" It's a good question, but here's the answer: Your team right now is painfully slow, so it's going to be taking a lot of hits. CM Jirachi's Wish is less for team support and more for self-healing, so I wanted to give you a pokemon that could give your pokemon another go at a sweep should they get stopped the first time. Also, without Vaporeon Gliscor is under a immense amount of defensive pressure. The Water eeveeloution helps shoulder the burden, and the two have nearly perfect synergy with each other.

Last, I hate to say it but Raikou is thoroughly outclassed as a Choice Specs user by Jolteon. Unless you're using Calm Mind, Raikou has little to offer that Jolteon doesn't besides Aura Sphere, which really only hits Tyaranitar anyways; the latter boasts much better base Speed and access to Volt Absorb, allowing it multiple opportunities to switch in for free. Jolteon is a better fit for your team anyways, since your other members lacks Speed in a serious way. Here's the set:

Jolteon@Choice Specs
Timid Nature, 252SpA/4SpD/252Spe
Thunderbolt
HP Ice
Shadow Ball
Baton Pass

Jolteon is one of the best Specs users in the game, thanks to his astounding Speed. Even without a choice Scarf, he's still capable of revenge killing many of the game's most potent threats such as +1 Gyarados. Thunderbolt is STAB, while HP Ice rounds out BoltBeam coverage. Shadow Ball nails Ghosts, especially Rotoms trying to switch in. Baton Pass may seem like an odd choice, but unfortunately Jolteon has no better options. Baton Pass lets you scout out your opponent's move when you deem it unwise to attack.

Those are my ideas. Unfortunately, I couldn't fix everything; you still have nothing that can safely switch into Gengar (though Honchkrow can with some good prediction), and stall destroys you if they can get past Gliscor. However, this should be a step in the right direction for you.

I hope that helped. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)