Guzzlord-GX (Cookie Butter)
Wigglytuff-ex (Samtendo09)
Charizard-Delta (Ludicrousity)
Tapu Lele-GX (Exploudit)
Gardevoir-Delta-ex (Origin0)
Altaria-Delta-ex (Pika Xreme)

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
By the way, Affection Bond was changed so it's better and less RNG-y. Gives an Endure effect once per battle and removes burn/poison/paralysis/sleep/freeze every 3 turns. Most mons should now benefit from losing their abilities in favor of getting Affection Bond. Before it was... more situational, but now it should be good.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Latios-Delta & Latios-Delta-Mega
Latias-Delta & Latias-Delta-Mega
Guzzlord-GX
Wigglytuff-ex (Self vote)
Flygon-Delta-ex
Raichu-ex
Tyranitar-Delta-ex

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Charizard Delta (SV)
Flygon-ex-Delta (SV)
Magearna EX
Weavile-Plasma
Lurantis-GX
Articuno-EX-Plasma
Wigglytuff-Dark

i don't particularly get why Delta-ex-Mega is treated differently from just ex-Mega, given that Delta isn't a straight boost

Hariyama-ex
Wigglytuff-ex
Raichu-ex
Kabutops-Delta
Emolga-EX

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
i don't particularly get why Delta-ex-Mega is treated differently from just ex-Mega, given that Delta isn't a straight boost
Well, Deltas get more than 1 new move, I'd say that's a pretty good boost. That Tyranitar-Delta-ex-Mega you submitted is much better with Volt Switch, it can set up weather and not get hurt, on top of being a pivot, all because of Volt Switch. That's just an example.
Either way, you're right about one thing. ex-Mega still has the possibility of having broken mons running around. I'll try to balance them before the next submission phase. Maybe even allow the return of Delta-ex-Mega depending how I go about it. Hopefully won't need to change anything else, especially in the middle of submissions lol.

Well, Deltas get more than 1 new move, I'd say that's a pretty good boost. That Tyranitar-Delta-ex-Mega you submitted is much better with Volt Switch, it can set up weather and not get hurt, on top of being a pivot, all because of Volt Switch. That's just an example.
Either way, you're right about one thing. ex-Mega still has the possibility of having broken mons running around. I'll try to balance them before the next submission phase. Maybe even allow the return of Delta-ex-Mega depending how I go about it. Hopefully won't need to change anything else, especially in the middle of submissions lol.
on the other hand, the Tyranitar-Delta-ex-Mega is trash that hurts itself with its own weather

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
on the other hand, the Tyranitar-Delta-ex-Mega is trash that hurts itself with its own weather
That's why you set it up for a sand abuser mon in your team and switch out with Volt Switch, since weather damage happens at the end of the turn. You can also knock out some Water type that checks your Rock or Ground type mon, perhaps even in the same turn.

That's why you set it up for a sand abuser mon in your team and switch out with Volt Switch, since weather damage happens at the end of the turn. You can also knock out some Water type that checks your Rock or Ground type mon, perhaps even in the same turn.
thats a fair point

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Okay, changed how Mega Evolution works. Both ex and ex-Delta are allowed, but they will only get +50 BST, half of what they usually get (rounded down when it's an odd number). This prevents 750 BST and the like. Delta and Dark can mega evolve normally.

As a side note, the reason why other forms can't mega evolve isn't because of balancing reasons, but because of flavor reasons. Crystal and Owner/SP/Plasma have abilities tied to the form that would be lost in Mega Evolution. Meanwhile LV.X and BREAK already evolve mid-battle, there would have to be an evolved Mega and an unevolved Mega, and that's too complex. Finally, even though GX forms in this pet mod are allowed to use Z-Moves without Z-Crystals, GX cards in the TCG are assumed to be holding Z-Crystals since that's how Z-Crystals work in the game so they can't hold Mega Stones.

Yahooboo Swagodile Yoshiblaze Exploudit last chance to vote! Will be closing it soon.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Voting phase has ended!
Here are our first winners.
Pokemon: Latios-Delta
Based on:

Stats: 80/90/80/130/110/110 (600)
Mega Stats: 80/130/100/160/120/110 (700)
New Abilities: Levitate (HA: Minus - Fits with Electric typing and is kinda like the card's Poke-Body)
New Type: Electric/Steel
Added Moves: Volt Switch, Flash Cannon, Gear Up, Shift Gear, Zap Cannon, Electrify, Ion Deluge, Thunder Shock, Charge, Iron Defense, Iron Head, Metal Sound
Pokemon: Latias-Delta
Based on:

Stats: 80/80/80/130/110/110 (600)
Mega Stats: 80/100/120/140/150/110 (600)
New Abilities: Levitate (HA: Plus - To go with Latios's Minus)
New Type: Electric/Steel
Added Moves: Flash Cannon, Magnetic Flux, Electrify, Ion Deluge, Electric Terrain, Parabolic Charge, Thunder Shock, Charge, Discharge, Iron Defense, Iron Head, Metal Burst
Pokemon: Wigglytuff-ex
Based on:

Stats: 140 / 70 / 70 (+25) / 85 / 75 (+25) / 45 (485 BST)
New Signature Ability: Mega Spirit - The Pokémon's Attack and Special Attack matches the total HP. The EVs of Attack or Special Attack are suppressed by the HP's own EVs.
Type: Normal/Fairy
New Signature Move: Wiggly Song
New Type: Fairy
Classification: Status
Power: --
Accuracy: Self
PP: 5 (8)
Effect: The user's Attack, Special Attack and Speed by two stages, but until it switches out, any next uses will fails.
Potential: While the stats themselves except HP remains unimpressive, its Ability gives Wigglytuff much better Attack and Special Attack, with a signature Move that help it to punish switch-in and make it a mixed sweeper. Still initially slow like molasses, it also needs to be prepared as its Defense and Special Defense are still compared to other good Pokémon, it still had enough bulk to make its HP significant, and once it is allowed to use Wiggly Song, you better have a faster Pokémon or priority moves.

Pokemon: Flygon-Delta-ex
Based on: Flygon ex δ (EX Dragons Frontier Expansion)
New Type:

Stats:
80 / 120 (+20) / 80 / 100 (+20) / 80 / 110 (+10)
New Abilities: Clear Body / (Magic Guard) / [Toxin Trickery] (This works like Greninja, with 1 Ability, 1 Hidden Ability & 1 Special Ability)
Signature Ability: Toxin Trickery: Inflicts opponents with the "Badly Poisoned" status upon switch-in. (Do not make it use toxic on switch-in. This is intended to bypass Magic Guard)
Added Moves: Sludge Wave, Sludge Bomb, Poison Jab, Venoshock, Poison Tail, Toxic Spikes, Purify, Synchronoise, Psychic, Zen Headbutt, Extrasensory, Psybeam, Stored Power, Calm Mind, Psychic Neurotoxicity
Signature Move: Psychic Neurotoxicity: This move uses the opponents Special Defence to calculate damage, instead of Defence.
Competitive Aspects: Why submit for one card type at once when you can submit for two? This Flygon-EX δ is very strong, with 120 Atk and 110 Spe, it outruns a lot in OU, anything faster than Kartana ties with it, at minimum. This allows it to deal quite a lot of damage to other things. It's amazing coverage also allows it to hit anything it's STABs can't (*cough* Bisharp *cough*).
Pokemon: Tapu Lele-GX

Stats: 70 / 85 / 75 / 130 / 115 / 95
Ability: Psychic Surge
Type: Psychic / Fairy
New Signature Z-Move: Tapu Cure | Required Move: Psychic | Psychic, Special, 175 BP | Randomly heals two of Tapu Lele's non fainted teammates by half of their current HP, so if, say Exploud is at 25%, it's HP will become 50%, not 75%. Additionally, gives a Wish effect.
Competitive: Tapu Lele can act as a Cleric, helping it heal weakened teammates while still dishing out loads of damage, could be very viable with a Calm Mind an Odd Incense set.
Pokemon: Magearna-EX

Stats: 80 / 95 / 120 (+5) / 145 (+15) / 120 (+5) / 90 (+25)
Type: Steel / Fairy
New Signature Ability: Mystic Heart - Prevents status conditing and lowering stats for Steel-types allies or the user, including self-induced drops
New Signature Move: Soul Blaster - Steel | Special | 130 BP | 5 PP | 90% Acc | Lowers user's Special Attack stat by two stages | Z-Move: 195 BP
Competitive: Having drawback free Soul Blasters and Fleur Cannons is amazing for Magearna, as it can clearly threaten many Pokémon with the combination of said moves and Thunderbolt already, allowing it to run Shift Gear in the last slot. However, losing Soul-Heart, which is one of Magearna's main assets is not always ideal.

Pokemon: Octillery-Dark
Based on: Dark Octillery (EX Team Rocket Returns 8)
Stats: 75/105/75/105/75/45
New Abilities: Black Suction Cups / Sniper / Mega Launcher (H)
New Type: Water/Dark
Added Moves: Dark Pulse, Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse, Wrap, Laser Focus, Knock Off, Payback, Brutal Swing, Taunt, Torment, Snarl, Feint Attack

Dark Octillery is a powerful Special Attacker, boasting a good SpAtk stat and STAB Mega Launcher-boosted Water Pulse and Dark Pulse to tear through opposing teams with. It also packs Mega Launcher-boosted Aura Sphere if that strikes your fancy. Lastly, a probably less viable but more fun strategy is the combination of Laser Focus + Sniper for guaranteed high powered crits.

Pokemon: Lurantis-GX
Based on: Lurantis-GX (Sun & Moon 15)
Stats: 70/105/90/80/90/45
Ability: Leaf Guard / Contrary (H)
Type: Grass
New Signature Z-Move: Chloroscythe | Grass | 65 BP | -- Acc | Physical | Makes Contact | Hits 3 times. Each hit raises the user's Attack by 1. (I forget Z-Move's interaction with Contrary, so help pls) | Base Move: Leaf Blade

Use Chloroscythe, then sweep with Superpower + Leaf Blade + Knock Off, with Synthesis handy to heal you up. The speed sucks, but it has pretty decent bulk and Chloroscythe's auto +3 Attack makes Lurantis-GX a huge threat.
Pokemon: Raichu-ex
Based on:
and

Stats: 60/120/55/90/80/130 (535)
New Signature Ability: Rai-Shield: Halves damage taken from EX, Level X, BREAK, GX and Mega Pokemon, takes 3/4th damage from anything else. When hit by a contact move, the user is paralyzed.
Type: Electric
New Signature Move: Dazzle Blast | Electric, Physical, 95 BP, 100 Acc | 30% chance to confuse the target.

While not exactly death incarnate, Raichu-EX is a potent attacker, with its poor bulk mitigated by Rai-Shield.

Submission phase has started again. You can also comment on the winning submissions. : )

Delta latis have 2 immunities and 11 resistances with only 2 weaknesses, to fire and fighting. Pretty good.
Also, I fully believe Magearna-EX is overpowered but whatever.

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Gonna give thoughts:

Lati@s-Delta - Gotta love that Magnezone typing, and when paired with Levitate, it becomes hella bulky. With hardly any weaknesses and a shit load of resistances, Latias is gonna be difficult to take down, and Latios can tank a few hits then pivot out with Volt Switch.

Wigglytuff-ex - Broken. That's all I'm gonna say. Moving on.

Flygon-δ-ex - Toxin Trickery is amazing on pivot teams, allowing you to spread shit tons of status with little to no effort. Paired with Delta-Lati@s, and it can cause some real headaches.

Tapu Lele-GX - Pretty fun Z-Move, although I do dislike the RNG. 175 BP move behind Psychic Terrain is gonna hurt, and it also adds to Lele's sustain thanks to the Wish effect it grants.

Magearna-GX - See Wigglytuff-ex

Lurantis-GX - ~290 BP on it's sig Z move, when calculating the attack buffs. Then it's at +3 Atk and will sweep the rest of your team if it gets a speed boost, somehow.

Octillery-Dark - Never been a fan of Octillery, but this does look like it could be fun, bursting out STAB, Mega Launcher boosted Dark Pulses.

Raichu-ex - It's an interesting mon for sure. Packs a lot of damage, but can't take much of it. It's ability partially shuts down anything here with a bonus to stats, and gives a filter effect to any other move. Don't use contact moves though. That's writing a death wish unless you're a Ground or Electric type

Gonna give thoughts:

Lati@s-Delta - Gotta love that Magnezone typing, and when paired with Levitate, it becomes hella bulky. With hardly any weaknesses and a shit load of resistances, Latias is gonna be difficult to take down, and Latios can tank a few hits then pivot out with Volt Switch.

Flygon-δ-ex - Toxin Trickery is amazing on pivot teams, allowing you to spread shit tons of status with little to no effort. Paired with Delta-Lati@s, and it can cause some real headaches.

Tapu Lele-GX - Pretty fun Z-Move, although I do dislike the RNG. 175 BP move behind Psychic Terrain is gonna hurt, and it also adds to Lele's sustain thanks to the Wish effect it grants.

Lurantis-GX - ~290 BP on it's sig Z move, when calculating the attack buffs. Then it's at +3 Atk and will sweep the rest of your team if it gets a speed boost, somehow.

Octillery-Dark - Never been a fan of Octillery, but this does look like it could be fun, bursting out STAB, Mega Launcher boosted Dark Pulses.

Raichu-ex - It's an interesting mon for sure. Packs a lot of damage, but can't take much of it. It's ability partially shuts down anything here with a bonus to stats, and gives a filter effect to any other move. Don't use contact moves though. That's writing a death wish unless you're a Ground or Electric type
just gonna say lurantis would probably be a trick room abuser

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Gonna give thoughts:

Yeah I noticed the problem. Its Mega Spirit ability will do too much, as Wiggly Song will make it a mixed sweeper with too much potential. I will rethink about the Ability to make it at least much less broken.

EDIT: I changed the Mega Spirit so that it simply unaffected by Paralysis and Sleep, no more. It can still sweep properly, but still needs to set up at the right time, because it shall not risk setting up against those whom already setted up or against a threat.

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Guys, keep in mind ex/EX/GX heal the opponent by 50%, to balance those submissions. I don't know how big of a change that is, I guess we'll only know in playtesting. If these forms are too hard to revenge-kill, it becomes a problem, 'cause then you're never getting the 50% heal lol.
Magearna-EX and Raichu-ex seem like the hardest ones to revenge-kill. Magearna due to typing, an increase in defenses and speed and Shift Gear. Raichu is less broken, since it has a worse defensive typing and lower defenses (even with ability I think), but it's naturally faster and has E-Speed that can potentially beat priority revenge-killers. Wiggly-ex hits extremely hard but has 45 base speed, there are plenty of mons faster than that, so it's easier to revenge-kill.
All 3 could be more balanced.

Also, reserving Team Rocket's Mimikyu-GX.

So how do resubs work?
I'll allow 1 resub-only submission, the other 5 submissions can be whatever. So you could submit 5 new ones (at max) + 1 resub, or you could submit 6 resubs (at max).

Pokemon: Vaporeon-Delta
Based on: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Vaporeon_δ_(EX_Delta_Species_18)
Stats: (unchanged)
New Abilities: Storm Drain / Adaptability

New Type: Water / Steel
Added Moves: Iron Head, Iron Defense, Flash Cannon, Recover, Calm Mind, Stealth Rock, Defog, Aura Sphere, Focus Blast

Pokemon: Jolteon-Delta
Based on: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Jolteon_δ_(EX_Delta_Species_7)
New Abilities: Lightning Rod / Adaptability

New Type: Electric / Steel
Added Moves: Iron Head, Iron Defense, Flash Cannon, Energy Ball, Calm Mind, Stealth Rock, Spikes, Aura Sphere, Focus Blast

Pokemon: Flareon-Delta
Based on: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Flareon_δ_(EX_Delta_Species_5)
New Abilities: Flash Fire / Adaptability

New Type: Fire / Steel
Added Moves: Iron Head, Iron Defense, Flash Cannon, Slack Off, Bulk Up, Stealth Rock, Blaze Kick, Earthquake, Focus Blast

Pokemon: Crobat-Crystal
Based on: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Crobat_(Skyridge_147)
Stats: 75 (-10) / 120 (+30) / 70 (-10) / 70 / 70 (-10) / 130
Ability: Crystal Type
Type:
Normal, Poison (from on first attack), Fire, Psychic (from second attack)
Added Moves: Gunk Shot, Flame Charge, Fire Lash, Flare Blitz, Zen Headbutt, Extreme Speed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)