Other All the Power (PU)

This is a fun team I made recently and I like it a lot. OHKOing stuff gives you the best feeling ever.

edd.png

Edd (Leavanny) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Sticky Web
- Flail
- Leaf Blade
- Magic Coat

This is a standard Leavanny lead and it is pretty good at setting up sticky webs. The only times I do not lead with it are when the opponent has a Purugly or Persian or something like that, in which case I lead with Aurorus to take the Fake Outs and deal huge damage (Sneasel is OK since it rarely carries Fake Out and Taunt, and if it does have Fake Out, I can just sack my own Sneasel or something that will not be useful and come back and set up sticky web). The main attacking members of my team can easily beat any defogger (as long as I predict right), so this is a suicide lead most of the time (unless there is a rapid spinner like Wartortle which can live any hit from my team). Flail sometimes gets activated, but Leaf Blade is a more reliable attack which can beat Basculin, Barbaracle, Golem (revenge killed with Sneasel), and Wartortle. Magic Coat is there for mind games with statusers or lead taunters (Garbodor can only get up 1 hazard vs Leavanny, and I OHKO with Rampardos once Leavanny is dead).

ed.png

Ed (Rampardos) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Fire Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

This is a nuke, and it has the moveset to OHKO half the things and 2HKO everything in the tier. Unfortunately, the combination of Rock Slide and Fire Punch does not OHKO Tangela, which means I have to predict it and go for Fire Punch (252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Rampardos Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Tangela: 161-190 (48.2 - 56.8%) -- 86.3% chance to 2HKO). I am using this over banded head smash since the physical walls of PU are versatile, so I need to switch up moves easily. This is also one of the first things I go into after I set up sticky webs since it can OHKO all common defoggers in the tier. Wartortle is a different story, since Rock Slide barely 2HKOs, so it can spin pretty easily (which is why I have to keep Leavanny alive if I see Wartortle on the field). Generally, Rampardos hits harder than Aurorus, but Aurorus is more useful since it has some bulk.

jonny.png

Jonny (Aurorus) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Ancient Power

This is one of the hardest hitting and most reliable attackers on my team, and it can live 2x super effective hits due to its great bulk (252 Atk Life Orb Tauros Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aurorus: 309-367 (79.6 - 94.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO). Like Rampardos, Aurorus can OHKO/2HKO most of the metagame. I use Choice Specs over Life Orb since Refrigerate Tri Attack is very spammable and Life Orb hurts its bulk. I run Freeze Dry over Thunderbolt since it hits everything that Thunderbolt hits (Freeze Dry OHKOs Mantine, while Thunderbolt only has a 50% chance to). I run Ancient Power because it is a good secondary STAB attack and HP Ground for Bastiodon switch ins.

kevin.JPG

Kevin (Basculin-Blue-Striped) @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt

This is my first revenge killer and late game sweeper. Waterfall and Aqua Jet are required. Superpower offers good neutral coverage and a neutral Superpower hits harder than a not very effective Waterfall. Zen Headbutt is for Poliwrath and Ivysaur, and 2HKOs both of them. An adamant nature is extremely important in order to beat other Basculins and Floatzels which can revenge kill or sometimes even sweep the rest of my team. With the sticky web up, Basculin outspeeds Electrode, so it is a reliable late game sweeper with an adaptability Waterfall.

jimmy.gif

Jimmy (Simisear) @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot

This is a set I came up with independently and wanted to try.

+3 252 SpA Blaze Simisear Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Lickilicky: 412-486 (97.1 - 114.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

It is pretty easy to get to +3 (as long as you force in a special wall, you can get a sub up, Nasty Plot, then sub down to the Petaya Berry, which is in Blaze range, and kill something). I have swept bulky teams with this set when Fire Blast did not miss, and I use it as a late game sweeper when there is no priority left (which is rarely). Grass Knot hits a few things harder than Fire Blast, even in Blaze Range (Mantine, Poliwrath, etc.). It's still Infernape's retarded cousin.

eddy.png

Eddy (Sneasel) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Taunt

This is the second utility pokemon of the team. It pursuit traps problematic revenge killers like Haunter and Raichu (which outspeeds Rampardos and Aurorus even with Sticky Web) and stops defoggers and hazard stacking Garbodors. Since my team has no defoggers or rapid spinners, sometimes I lead of with Sneasel if I see Garbodor and other bulky pokemon. Ice Shard is more valuable than Ice Punch since I already have a lot of power, and since Basculin's Aqua Jet is sometimes not enough. Knock Off OHKOs a surprising amount of things, so Sneasel is a decent attacker on its own. Taunting walls like Bastiodon also lets Simisear come in and set up a sub for free.
Edd (Leavanny) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Flail
- Leaf Blade
- Magic Coat

Ed (Rampardos) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Fire Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

Jonny (Aurorus) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Refrigerate
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Ancient Power

Kevin (Basculin-Blue-Striped) @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt

Jimmy (Simisear) @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot

Eddy (Sneasel) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Taunt

This team is not that good since I am only at ~50 on the ladder right now, but I still would like to share it. I originally wanted to build a team around Rampardos and Aurorus, but Rampardos is probably one of the weaker links on the team, so if anything, I would switch it out. Aurorus and Rampardos function similarly, have similar typing, the exact same speed, and similar revenge killers, so having both of them is kind of redundant.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)