Almost Any Ability MK3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Rocks Skarmory with Flash Fire (To troll trappers that come along with Birdspam teams) and Rocky Helmet can handle things quite well on the Physical side.

But there's nothing stopping Special Abusers. To make things worse, most Birds have UTurn to maintain momentum, while Stall is left to function only at the mercy of very good prediction skills.
Most good magnet pulls are fighting or electric rn iirc so volt absorb would be better, then again, you would be weak to other shit. So it's a pick what you want to lose to thing.

Cnansey beats all special ones lol. So what's the issue with shit tier accuracy hurricane and weak af unboosted air slash? esp when we have chansey? I don't know why you guys think stall is the threatened one, offense clearly hates priority more seeing as its forced to run priority and defensive mons itself. While there are things like doublade, intimidate hippo and skarm that easily beat most birdspam cores on stall.

Chansey is exactly why I mentioned UTurn. Offense hits no matter what. The damage roll however mediocre, chips away at the opponent. With right prediction, Stall ends up Recovering from the damages. But with UTurn, Offense maintains momentum and has the upper hand. It's a thin line, but as Throbulator mentioned, 5 Birdspammers is not a line, it's a fucking road.

Birds also have Roost and Defog for what its worth. Sure a good defensive core can halt a birdspam team. What I'm saying is, it shouldn't force the majority to use the said core just so they can counter birdspam and end up being weak to other stuff.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Chansey is exactly why I mentioned UTurn. Offense hits no matter what. The damage roll however mediocre, chips away at the opponent. With right prediction, Stall ends up Recovering from the damages. But with UTurn, Offense maintains momentum and has the upper hand. It's a thin line, but as Throbulator mentioned, 5 Birdspammers is not a line, it's a fucking road.
No what I meant is not offense vs stall. I mean birdspam vs stall is ez compared to birdspam vs offense

And this just seems to be theorymon right now, we don't need to flip out shit like people did in the AAA'ubers thread about fur coat. Chillax and let people who play stall a lot like Adrian Marin give us feedback

Most good magnet pulls are fighting or electric rn iirc so volt absorb would be better, then again, you would be weak to other shit. So it's a pick what you want to lose to thing.

Cnansey beats all special ones lol. So what's the issue with shit tier accuracy hurricane and weak af unboosted air slash? esp when we have chansey? I don't know why you guys think stall is the threatened one, offense clearly hates priority more seeing as its forced to run priority and defensive mons itself. While there are things like doublade, intimidate hippo and skarm that easily beat most birdspam cores on stall.
Well stall is devastated as well but yes HO is practically unviable unless you use at least two checks(which last time I checked no non-broken strat/mon is like that not even CM lando) and like I said no one pokemon counters gale wings teams.

I am getting mad. I am using a gimmick team without my Intimidate Infernape, thinking that now that Bisharp is gone, I won't need it. Here is a fight where I NEEDED it: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-202904505

I won due to a lucky disconnection in the middle of my rant about how broken Bisharp is. I can't believe how he thought that Lucario was better than Bisharp :o

Seriously, that ban NEEDS to be implemented ASAP. I will not go through another game like that.

And if you think my team isn't that good, here are some replay to prove the worthiness of my Trick team!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-202897012
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-202900288

No what I meant is not offense vs stall. I mean birdspam vs stall is ez compared to birdspam vs offense

And this just seems to be theorymon right now, we don't need to flip out shit like people did in the AAA'ubers thread about fur coat. Chillax and let people who play stall a lot like Adrian Marin give us feedback
you don't even need to know how well it does against stall considering it makes HO unviable.
Stall suffers too anyway.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
you don't even need to know how well it does against stall considering it makes HO unviable.
HO isn't unviable, you can't decide a playstyle dead less than 1 week after a major update happens and the playstyle hasn't been played at a top level at all yet

HO isn't unviable, you can't decide a playstyle dead less than 1 week after a major update happens and the playstyle hasn't been played at a top level at all yet
If the playstyle has never been played at a top level, doesn't that tell you something though?

Now if I misinterpreted your post and what you meant was "hasn't been played at that level since the ban", well that's different.

Birdspam was already pretty popular. The banning of one thing that was 2HKO'd anyway does not make that much of a difference. And to the people saying stall gets wrecked by birdspam: One of Skarmory, Regirock, and Rhyperior, are on (or should be) every good stall team, and will allow you to easily beat birdspam, or at least give you a very good chance to play around it. Also one last thing, Skarmory should always be running shed shell due to the popularity of magnet pull. This means you don't have to run flash fire/volt absorb and pray they can't hurt you, which is pretty unlikely. Most fire type magnet pull users would probably prepare for flash fire as it is a decently common set, and considering most electric types are special you would probably lose to electric magnet pull users anyway.

It doesn't? I've been using almost primarily HO since Asterat revamped the metagame with the second thread and if anything it's the primary playstyle in the tier. Things like intimidate Zapdos or Doublade aren't unreasonable additions at all, and a typical Gale Wings check will pretty much always wall every physical Gale Wings user long enough to kill half the team. It's not like once the check has killed ~3 birds and finally succumbed the other 3 will proceed to OHKO your entire team either...

Birdspam pretty much automatically loses to stall, that statement couldn't be any more invalid and ill-informed.

If the playstyle has never been played at a top level, doesn't that tell you something though?

Now if I misinterpreted your post and what you meant was "hasn't been played at that level since the ban", well that's different.
If anything stall is the playstyle that hasn't been played at the top level in a while honestly. The tools HO gets, such as Adaptability, Tinted Lens, Tough Claws, Refridgerate ect. have tipped the scale in its favor for a while now, and stall still remains incredibly difficult to pull off after the three new bans. The only arguable thorn in HO's side is priority spam, which can be dealt with using either sturdy resists or one's own priority.

Last edited:
252+ Atk Choice Band Braviary Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 155-183 (56.9 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, I don't see how the bisharp ban changes anything to birdspam.

Gale wing spam will pretty much lose 100% of the time to stall. U-turn doesn't really make it much better since the birdspam team will just kill itself on sr. Zapdos is one of the most popular mon in the meta and one of the best checks / counter to gale wing so i don't really see how gale wing spam could be this good.
Also, refrigirate Espeed 6-0s birdspam team in pretty much 6 turns and isn't uncommon at all.

EDIT2: Just had this battle with adrian with a team i built in a minute or so and just clicked bottons without thinking but birdspam does nothing to stall really.

EDIT:
I am getting mad. I am using a gimmick team without my Intimidate Infernape, thinking that now that Bisharp is gone, I won't need it. Here is a fight where I NEEDED it: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-202904505

I won due to a lucky disconnection in the middle of my rant about how broken Bisharp is. I can't believe how he thought that Lucario was better than Bisharp :o

Seriously, that ban NEEDS to be implemented ASAP. I will not go through another game like that.

And if you think my team isn't that good, here are some replay to prove the worthiness of my Trick team!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-202897012
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-202900288
Yeah, about that, first of all you got outplayed by letting him set up a sword dance on ks, and second of all if you had tricked your flame orb to that thing on a predicted sucker punch you'd have completely shut it down.
The funniest part being, a +2 lucario could have swept your team the same way this bisharp did.

Last edited:
Are you guys kidding me? It's not unnatural for HO teams to use OFFENSIVE PIVOTS! Just be creative for gods sake, AAA HO isn't going to be as easy to build as it once was, but it's still going to be great.

Pokemon such as Delta Stream Zapdos, Mega Diancie, Aegislash, Gale Wings Skarmory, Regenerator Diancie, Regenerator Doublade, Poison Heal Rhyperior, and other Pokemon you should probably THINK ABOUT are feasible checks to birdspam.

But that's enough of that, here's a set I really like in the current meta:

Blastoise @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Protect
- Roar

Hazard offense has always been a nightmare for stall teams; as such, I believe it is absolutely mandatory to carry a hazard clearer that can combat Deoxys-S. The main selling point of this set is Scald, as it is a great way to burn rapid blockers, effectively wearing them off. Blastoise isn't as bulky as Suicune, but the utility of Rapid Spin is just so phenomenal for stall teams.

Hi :) Are those bans working? Because i have a team with MMawile (and i'm crying :S My only successfull team.) but yesterday i played with it without any problem.
I'm sad for mawlite's ban but i understand it. It's so damn powerfull.
Iynhe
EDIT: Yup, they are working. I have no more teams. Sadness is the way today.

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Honesty, Hyper Offense has always been viable, you just need like 3 priority users. Those can be Braviary, Staraptor, Lucario, Entei, Dragonite, etc. All of those fit really well on Hyper Offense, so Gale Wings does not limit it too much. Bisharp was actually a bigger threat to Hyper Offense than Gale Wings spam in my opinion, so if anything Hyper Offense got better. Gale Wings can be amazing, but prepared teams can stop it easily. Doublade and Aegislash are great answers that are easy to slap on teams, and someone in the previous thread mentioned Poison Heal Diancie, which hard counters Gale Wings.

Hi :) Are those bans working? Because i have a team with MMawile (and i'm crying :S My only successfull team.) but yesterday i played with it without any problem.
I'm sad for mawlite's ban but i understand it. It's so damn powerfull.
Iynhe
EDIT: Yup, they are working. I have no more teams. Sadness is the way today.
Guess they weren't implemented yet until today.

So are we going to do something about Terrakion? I swear that thing is even harder to wall than Mamoswine. It's faster than many offensive threats and basically anything remotely defensive, so unlike Mamo you can't simply stick a few Speed EVs on something and throw the rest in physical bulk and call it a day. It has enough power with a Life Orb to 2HKO fully-invested 100/100 physical bulk with neutral STABs and no setup. Very few things have any chance of being able to switch in and take it out, and with the exception of Levitate Doublade and a select few Intimidate users it seems to destroy defensive teams just as easily as it does offence. And if it runs Choice Band instead of Life Orb? Well, suddenly some of those Intimidate Pokémon don't work anymore either.

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 162-192 (48.5 - 57.4%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

^ See this? This is just silly.

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos in Strong Winds: 244-291 (63.5 - 75.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

^ This is also silly.

Honestly I think the best chance against it is to Prankster Substitute in its face with something like, say, Celebi, and hope you get a Stone Miss that allows you time to Leech Seed. Or you can use impossibly silly sets whose only niche is in stopping Terrakion cold while accomplishing nothing else. For example, Choice Scarf Magic Guard Leaf Storm Celebi with defensive investment. Hey, I told you it was stupid. Magic Guard allows it to come in multiple times even through Stealth Rock, and Leaf Storm is a terrible, terrible idea an OHKO. But yes, its only niche is in outspeeding and OHKOing Terrakion.

So are we going to do something about Terrakion? I swear that thing is even harder to wall than Mamoswine. It's faster than many offensive threats and basically anything remotely defensive, so unlike Mamo you can't simply stick a few Speed EVs on something and throw the rest in physical bulk and call it a day. It has enough power with a Life Orb to 2HKO fully-invested 100/100 physical bulk with neutral STABs and no setup. Very few things have any chance of being able to switch in and take it out, and with the exception of Levitate Doublade and a select few Intimidate users it seems to destroy defensive teams just as easily as it does offence. And if it runs Choice Band instead of Life Orb? Well, suddenly some of those Intimidate Pokémon don't work anymore either.

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 162-192 (48.5 - 57.4%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

^ See this? This is just silly.

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos in Strong Winds: 244-291 (63.5 - 75.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

^ This is also silly.

Honestly I think the best chance against it is to Prankster Substitute in its face with something like, say, Celebi, and hope you get a Stone Miss that allows you time to Leech Seed. Or you can use impossibly silly sets whose only niche is in stopping Terrakion cold while accomplishing nothing else. For example, Choice Scarf Magic Guard Leaf Storm Celebi with defensive investment. Hey, I told you it was stupid. Magic Guard allows it to come in multiple times even through Stealth Rock, and Leaf Storm is a terrible, terrible idea an OHKO. But yes, its only niche is in outspeeding and OHKOing Terrakion.
First of all I'd like to say that I never thought of skar and zapdos as having an amazing bulk, I mean zapdos has less bulk than terrakion. They are mainly used because of their typing. And stuff like doublade (levitate not required without mamo) and intimidate hippo / slowbro who have real bulk can wall and kill terrakion.
Also, adamant cb terrakion is a lot easyer to play around or rk than lo + jolly wich is a lot easyer to wall. Using an uncommon set will make it look more broken on paper but less good in practice.
And lastly, from what i experienced in aaa. Using non OU pokemons for a defensive role usually end up being a brilliant idea. Stuff like defensive keldeo, defensive infernape or even defensive dragonite has been really good in my opinion. So maybe just look for a pokemon that could wall this thing. His stab combination is easyer to deal with than mamo's. Stuff like Golurk wall him. And that's talking about the unreal adamant choice band set.
This is AAA, try to be a bit creative.
252+ Atk Choice Band Terrakion Earthquake vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Doublade: 130-154 (40.7 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 Atk Doublade Gyro Ball (117 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 300-354 (92.8 - 109.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO (gyro ball + shadow sneak kills)

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Doublade: 85-100 (26.3 - 31%) -- guaranteed 4HKO (levitate doublade)
252+ Atk Doublade Gyro Ball (117 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 408-482 (126.3 - 149.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 184-218 (43.8 - 51.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 390-458 (120.7 - 141.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 160-190 (40.6 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 SpA Slowbro Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Terrakion: 188-224 (58.2 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 172+ Def Golurk: 161-190 (42.2 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
84 Atk Golurk Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 306-360 (94.7 - 111.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 152-180 (34.2 - 40.5%) -- 50.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Cresselia Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Terrakion: 168-200 (52 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gallade: 135-159 (39.7 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 Atk Gallade Drain Punch vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 320-380 (99 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 146-174 (41.2 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 228-270 (70.5 - 83.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mew (or celebi since you mentioned it): 172-204 (42.5 - 50.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Mew Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Terrakion: 212-252 (65.6 - 78%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Celebi Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Terrakion: 180-212 (55.7 - 65.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

For thoses calcs i also assumed the opponant predicts correctly what you're going to send every time. But since stone miss has shitty accuracy and eq isn't powerfull, it's safe to assume terrakion will spam cc most of the time (specially with a choice band) And stuff like victini, crobat, noivern, latias, landorus, thundurus gengar or refrigirate dragonite (who will also solve your gale wing problem) can switch on a close combat and rk.

Last edited:
First of all I'd like to say that I never thought of skar and zapdos as having an amazing bulk, I mean zapdos has less bulk than terrakion. They are mainly used because of their typing. And stuff like doublade (levitate not required without mamo) and intimidate hippo / slowbro who have real bulk can wall and kill terrakion.
Also, adamant cb terrakion is a lot easyer to play around or rk than lo + jolly wich is a lot easyer to wall. Using an uncommon set will make it look more broken on paper but less good in practice.
And lastly, from what i experienced in aaa. Using non OU pokemons for a defensive role usually end up being a brilliant idea. Stuff like defensive keldeo, defensive infernape or even defensive dragonite has been really good in my opinion. So maybe just look for a pokemon that could wall this thing. His stab combination is easyer to deal with than mamo's. Stuff like Golurk wall him. And that's talking about the unreal adamant choice band set.
252+ Atk Choice Band Terrakion Earthquake vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Doublade: 130-154 (40.7 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 Atk Doublade Gyro Ball (117 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 300-354 (92.8 - 109.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO (gyro ball + shadow sneak kills)

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Doublade: 85-100 (26.3 - 31%) -- guaranteed 4HKO (levitate doublade)
252+ Atk Doublade Gyro Ball (117 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 408-482 (126.3 - 149.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 184-218 (43.8 - 51.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 390-458 (120.7 - 141.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 160-190 (40.6 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 SpA Slowbro Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Terrakion: 188-224 (58.2 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 172+ Def Golurk: 161-190 (42.2 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
84 Atk Golurk Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 306-360 (94.7 - 111.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 152-180 (34.2 - 40.5%) -- 50.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Cresselia Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Terrakion: 168-200 (52 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gallade: 135-159 (39.7 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 Atk Gallade Drain Punch vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 320-380 (99 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 146-174 (41.2 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 228-270 (70.5 - 83.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mew (or celebi since you mentioned it): 172-204 (42.5 - 50.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Mew Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Terrakion: 212-252 (65.6 - 78%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Celebi Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Terrakion: 180-212 (55.7 - 65.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

For thoses calcs i also assumed the opponant predicts correctly what you're going to send every time. But since stone miss has shitty accuracy and eq isn't powerfull, it's safe to assume terrakion will spam cc most of the time (specially with a choice band) And stuff like victini, crobat, noivern, latias, landorus, thundurus gengar or refrigirate dragonite (who will also solve your gale wing problem) can switch on a close combat and rk.
Running intimidate everything only sort of helps, and sd terrak (or defiant if everything starts running intimidate) makes a lot of those mons unsafe (bar doublade, who people realize is good AFTER mamo gets banned) and of the monds listed only slowbro hippo mew gliscor and celebi have reliable recovery, and, in addition, a large portion of the listed "counters" suddenly fall or rely on rolls with JUST stealth rocks, particularly hippo, slowbro, golurk (is this actually being used defensively anywhere?), and mew.

I'll definitely admit to Zapdos having bad bulk, but Skarmory is generally considered to be pretty bulky thanks to its 140 base Defence. Also, it's one of the few physical walls not weak to one of Terrakion's STABs. All of your listed Pokémon seem to be pretty good choices against Terrakion though, I gotta say. I might put one of them to use. Problem is, Choice Band Terrakion can muscle past almost all of those if Stealth Rock is up. Also since almost all of them are Intimidate, Terrakion could easily go anti-anti-meta and run Defiant, suddenly screwing over everyone that's not Levitate Doublade.

Running intimidate everything only sort of helps, and sd terrak (or defiant if everything starts running intimidate) makes a lot of those mons unsafe (bar doublade, who people realize is good AFTER mamo gets banned) and of the monds listed only slowbro hippo mew gliscor and celebi have reliable recovery, and, in addition, a large portion of the listed "counters" suddenly fall or rely on rolls with JUST stealth rocks, particularly hippo, slowbro, golurk (is this actually being used defensively anywhere?), and mew.
Actually, yoman5, Golurk is one of the ones that remains solid despite the presence of Stealth Rock. SR screws over Landorus-T and Gliscor. Mew fails if Stealth Rock is up, but Celebi can still have a chance by running Leaf Storm over Giga Drain, which threatens an OHKO on Terrakion with only 4 EVs in Sp. Atk.

Now I want Regenerator Golurk on a team.

Dammit people quit making me wanna make a new team for AAA. My old one works fine! It always has!

I'd also like to see archeops retested

252 Atk Life Orb Archeops Earthquake vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Doublade: 109-130 (34.1 - 40.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Archeops Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 157-187 (39.8 - 47.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Archeops Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Hippowdon: 144-172 (34.2 - 40.9%) -- 54.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Archeops Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Hippowdon: 130-153 (30.9 - 36.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

These are three of the most common physical walls in the tier.

I'd also like to see archeops retested

252 Atk Life Orb Archeops Earthquake vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Doublade: 109-130 (34.1 - 40.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Archeops Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 157-187 (39.8 - 47.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Archeops Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Hippowdon: 144-172 (34.2 - 40.9%) -- 54.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Archeops Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Hippowdon: 130-153 (30.9 - 36.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

These are three of the most common physical walls in the tier.
Except that at 110 speed it makes a lot of other things damn unuseable and shits on a lot off offense. also calc mixed sets since 112 is a VERY useable special attack. 140/112/110 is pretty dumb to let back in.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
I'm excited to see you taking this over again! I'm also really glad about the new bans, those Pokemon were irritating. Dang no more Mawilite Torterra :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)