Ladder Almost Any Ability

Most people dislike running weak mons that have little to no point within the meta. However I myself run a Level 5 Aron within my team.
Aron @ Focus Sash
Ability: Gale Wings
Level: 5
EVs: 196 Atk / 116 Def / 196 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Endeavor
- Aerial Ace
- Toxic
- Protect

Now this is mainly an anti-lead pokemon and once attacked will be left with 1 hp. It's a fear Rattata, except this one is immune to toxic. So yeah, That's basically it.

smeargle...personally...i don't know myself, from a logic standpoint, it couldve been mainly to save hyper offense/setup spam (you know, because the community already hates the creator for trying to "save stall" lol), but not just that, i think it was mainly due to what the community wanted (iirc, it was originally banned before being unbanned, and is perhaps the only "complex" ban out of the two mentioned that was banned due to being broken.) honestly, i have no clue, but i'm just guessing it was due to others that it was unbanned by complex from what my memory remembers.
I'm guessing that it's just Smeargle's moveset. Send it out on turn 1, Prankster Spore. Use Geomancy. Baton Pass to something. Sweep.

Or Spore->Sticky Web->Rocks.

Announcement:

While it was close, Mamoswine has been rebanned following a 4-3 majority vote by the council. The reasoning consists of the fact that Mamoswine is near impossible to counter for stall or balanced teams without using abilities that are otherwise inferior against anything else, with only a few counters, Levitate Heatran and Doublade arguably being the only viable ones (Things like thick fat Hippowdon and PH Suicune pretty much need to be at full to switch into EQ, and even at full hazards invalidate them). In addition to ravaging stall and balanced archetypes, Mamoswine was also able to hold its own against offense by way of very strong priority in Ice Shard that is only slightly weaker in power to Scizor's Bullet Punch and Breloom's Mach Punch with a far superior attacking type.

Tagging The Immortal to inform him of the changes.

First of all nice n dank memes..

Second of all I don't think I ever made a post about Unburden Darmanitan or unburden in general so here we go:

Darmanitan @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Belly Drum
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide

This thing, when given the chance to set up, is just a straight up beast. I will concede that this thing does need a good amount of support (memento/screens are not really required but work wonders and a spinner is imperative). Honestly I am hard pressed to find anything that can stand up to this guy at +6 besides priority which can be dealt with hence why Darmanitan is a late game sweeper. And before you ask:

[20:57:11] Ranger mike: what are the most common primordial sea users?
[20:57:54] Kl4ng:gene's proly the only viable one

And you beat every flash fire user afaik so there's that. Seriously though, please give this set a try, it is super good when given the chance. Prankster Uxie would probably be the best teammate for Darmanitan and it's the mon I'm using with this guy because of priority screens and memento support. If I'm missing something sorry as I don't play that much of aaa.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
i would argue that feraligatr(try it) and ferrothorn (for those ghey moldies and weatherspam) are good users of primordial sea, but as far as im aware, primordial sea is super rare as is, as all of the best abusers prefer something else/don't exist.

I've used Genesect, Ferrothorn, Empoleon, and Magnezone for PrimoSea at one point or another, all to varying levels of success.

Gene and Ferro are far and away the best ones, since they carry good offensive utility or have the bulk to for e out relevent threats thanks to their newfound resistance to fire. Other than Gene, Im not a real big fan of PrimoSea users that don't resist water, since I feel like it could end up putting pressure on the mon when something like Manapy comes in and gets off scalds or something. That being said, Specs Empoleon is kind of fun since specs pump his really damn hard and you keep defensive utility with your steel typing. I'll have to try Gatr though, sounds really cool ;o.

Haven't played this in a while, but I've been thinking...Is Noivern still good without Aerialate and Protean? I'm thinking that it could make good use out of Compound Eyes/No Guard (to abuse Focus Blast and Hurricane), Drizzle (for rain team support and abusing Hurricane) and maybe Adaptability.
Noivern @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
Ability: Compound Eyes / No Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Draco Meteor / U-turn
- Roost / Switcheroo / U-turn

Noivern @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Roost
- U-turn / Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast / U-turn

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Hurricane / Air Slash
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast / Flamethrower
- U-turn / Switcheroo

Sadly, I don't think it has any use for Boomburst anymore...

well if you really wanna use boomburst,

Noivern @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Pixilate/Refrigerate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Filler

This set can work well in the ladder because every other guy has a freaking prankster breloom. Boomburst can hurt it when it's still behind the sub and safety goggles let it switch in on the spores.
252 SpA Pixilate Noivern Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Breloom: 350-412 (108 - 127.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Pixilate Noivern Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 194-230 (49.2 - 58.3%) -- 66% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Pixilate Noivern Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 108 SpD Mandibuzz: 304-358 (71.8 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
and fridge hits the many different zapdos variants + skarm (not gale wings because then it just dies to brave bird)

rip aaa thread. Now hoping that this'll revive the thread, here's a set i've been seeing a lot of on the ladder

Tyrantrum @ Life Orb/Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

After a dragon dance it becomes incredibly threatening to most offensive teams, you basically have to sac something and kill it with priority, but then lucario and entei's unboosted fridgespeed fails to ko it.

252 Atk Life Orb Refrigerate Lucario Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tyrantrum: 226-268 (73.8 - 87.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Refrigerate Entei Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tyrantrum: 257-304 (83.9 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Basically the only way to deal with it is to kill it before it sets up.

Another mon that's hard to stop after one boost is coil refrigerate zygarde, after one coil it just becomes waaay too much of a pain in the ass. It can't be killed by fridgespeed, can't be revenged by gale wings and basically slaughters most HO teams with their frail mons. It's decent speed and good defense is its main selling point, i know i really hated being vs a zygarde with my old team :[

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
rip aaa thread. Now hoping that this'll revive the thread, here's a set i've been seeing a lot of on the ladder

Tyrantrum @ Life Orb/Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

After a dragon dance it becomes incredibly threatening to most offensive teams, you basically have to sac something and kill it with priority, but then lucario and entei's unboosted fridgespeed fails to ko it.

252 Atk Life Orb Refrigerate Lucario Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tyrantrum: 226-268 (73.8 - 87.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Refrigerate Entei Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tyrantrum: 257-304 (83.9 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Basically the only way to deal with it is to kill it before it sets up.

Another mon that's hard to stop after one boost is coil refrigerate zygarde, after one coil it just becomes waaay too much of a pain in the ass. It can't be killed by fridgespeed, can't be revenged by gale wings and basically slaughters most HO teams with their frail mons. It's decent speed and good defense is its main selling point, i know i really hated being vs a zygarde with my old team :[
DOUBLE POSTING BAN BAN BAN BAN BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN.

on a more serious note, i tried tyrantrum, and the weakness to priority is actually pretty huge. the problem i had, was trying to GET a dragon dance in and sweep is harder then it looks, especially if the person has 2 priorts users waiting for it. people always get chip damage in one way or another. but in reality, vs offense, tyrant didn't even really need it, as head smash almost always KOed something and posed a huge threat to their team. overall i didnt like it much, but mostly due to my teams lack of synergy with its role, moreso then it itself.

With the recent bans of offensive threats in AAA while playing offense it is very hard to counter poison heal set up sweepers.
Pokemon such as suicune, goodra and snorlax find it incredibly easy to set up on these pokemon even in offense almost all kills by scarfers or choice loced pokemon allow them to revenge set up and offense has very little to handle it, except for using specific things like trick/switcheroo lum berry or skill swap/anything that takes away their ability, and I don't think that offense should be forced to run things like this. Many of the counters to it are defensive like roar or unaware or you have to have a very strong fighting(snorlax) type attack, basically has to be stab, a very strong ice/dragon/fairy stab(goodra) attack, which has to be physical, and a very strong grass/ electric(suicune) type move which sometimes don't even cut it.
The removal of these pokemon would be very beneficial to the offensive arch type without hurting any of the other ones, as this only hurts set up pokemon which aren't specific to a given archetype.

With the recent bans of offensive threats in AAA while playing offense it is very hard to counter poison heal set up sweepers.
Pokemon such as suicune, goodra and snorlax find it incredibly easy to set up on these pokemon even in offense almost all kills by scarfers or choice loced pokemon allow them to revenge set up and offense has very little to handle it, except for using specific things like trick/switcheroo lum berry or skill swap/anything that takes away their ability, and I don't think that offense should be forced to run things like this. Many of the counters to it are defensive like roar or unaware or you have to have a very strong fighting(snorlax) type attack, basically has to be stab, a very strong ice/dragon/fairy stab(goodra) attack, which has to be physical, and a very strong grass/ electric(suicune) type move which sometimes don't even cut it.
The removal of these pokemon would be very beneficial to the offensive arch type without hurting any of the other ones, as this only hurts set up pokemon which aren't specific to a given archetype.
252+ Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Haxorus Low Kick (120 BP) vs. +2 144 HP / 188 Def Snorlax: 304-359 (61.1 - 72.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

Hax easily takes down the other two and this calc is basically worst case scenario(you switchin when its +1) and if you decide to Ddance the damage roll only goes more in your favor.

low kick isn't good for many other pokemon though. Especially not on haxorus, also one pokemon being able to check does not make it a counter.

edit: also ph lax uses more defense in his set.

low kick isn't good for many other pokemon though. Especially not on haxorus, also one pokemon being able to check does not make it a counter.

edit: also ph lax uses more defense in his set.
Exactly which relevant steel types are getting hit for less than 80 BP by low kick? Doublade and arguably Excadrill. Doublade doesn't care either way and

252+ Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Haxorus Low Kick (60 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Excadrill: 411-484 (113.8 - 134%) -- guaranteed OHKO

If you wanna argue Ferroseed, don't. It's outclassed by thorn in everything else.

my problem was more with the useage of fighting coverage on haxorus, I'd personally use outrage, earthquake, rock slide as coverage.

my problem was more with the useage of fighting coverage on haxorus, I'd personally use outrage, earthquake, rock slide as coverage.
Which would be fine in standard but on TC low kick hits harder than earthquake ~90% of the times it's relevant. I wouldn't personally recommend rock slide either and in fact the last slot should be up to either Poison Jab(for fairies it outspeeds(which is a lot all of them) or earthquake for doublade/various things it might hit that low kick can't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)