Pokémon Alola Exeggutor

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good idea my only concern was because of his speed getting burnt before attacking.

Lum would hopefully cure burn before I attack then be back at the end of the turn or the turn after.
Good point, I've always run vanilla exeggutor as a SpA so burn wasn't a factor.

I've actually found that running this
Exeggutor-Alola @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest/quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
is pretty decent, it can eat hits decent and outwall quite a few threats while being able to take out others as well as restoring itself

What I have found is that A-Exeggutor works surprisingly well with Ttar-Exca. Good bulk with a quad Water resist and a Ground resist. Doesn't mind being burned either if ran specially.

I've been using a max HP, max SpA specs set with Leaf Storm, Draco, Flamethrower, and Sludge Bomb. Great coverage, and even resisted STAB's can do a ton based on what's coming in. Flamethrower has caught many a Celesteela, and specs Sludge Bombs wreck the rampant Fairies. Plus Frisk is always useful.

i saw the comments about those confuse berries and they can have a real niche in a defensive sub set with exxegutor . this is my set i suggest:
Exeggutor-Alola @ Figy Berry
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Hammer
- Wood Hammer
- Substitute

Does anyone happen to have a eggy with Harvest? I've been trying forever to get one with HA for a trick room team.

i saw the comments about those confuse berries and they can have a real niche in a defensive sub set with exxegutor . this is my set i suggest:
Exeggutor-Alola @ Figy Berry
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Hammer
- Wood Hammer
- Substitute
That sets does look promising. I would honestly use that set with a 252 atk evs with a brave nature 0IV spd for trick room. Hopefully I can get a HA eventually...

Oh, remember Trevenant and it's Harvest sets?
Remember how Trevenant was also slow and lacking in stellar defenses?
And how the Harvest sets didn't stop Trevenant from FINALLY dropping to PU at the end of the gen?
Maybe I'll be wrong here, but I see a trend here.
Yeah I see the trend too. I found that bulky offensive sets to be the most viable on Harvest users. I used the set that Pyrotoz used and it did work.

It just can't switch in to anything offensive. Its typing is just so unfortunate. It has a 4x resistance to water and it just cannot use it due to being 4x weak to Ice, and 2x weak to Poison, Bug, and Fairy. Thats practically all viable water types in the game hitting it super-effectively. Electric types are the same way. They usually carry Hp Ice, some like Koko has coverage like STAB Dazzling Gleam. It doesn't have Mega Sceptile's speed for it to be successful, and that was UU last gen, so this is probably going to drop to NU.

It just can't switch in to anything offensive. Its typing is just so unfortunate. It has a 4x resistance to water and it just cannot use it due to being 4x weak to Ice, and 2x weak to Poison, Bug, and Fairy. Thats practically all viable water types in the game hitting it super-effectively. Electric types are the same way. They usually carry Hp Ice, some like Koko has coverage like STAB Dazzling Gleam. It doesn't have Mega Sceptile's speed for it to be successful, and that was UU last gen, so this is probably going to drop to NU.
It may be slow, but it has access to Trick Room, which instantly makes it the speediest of speed demons. And if you're worried about getting hit with Ice coverage, you could run Frisk, so after switching into a Water or Electric move, you'll know if the opponent is Choice locked, thus whether or not it's absolutely safe to set up TR, whack the opponent's switch-in, or be fancy and go for a double switch. In other words, HOW DARE YOU DOUBT HIS MAJESTY AND HIS GLORIOUS NECK.

And how the Harvest sets didn't stop Trevenant from FINALLY dropping to PU at the end of the gen?
I think the difference is that Exeguttor has actual offensive presence due to better attack stats and MUCH higher BP moves. "Harvest user" and grass typing are the only qualities it shares with Trevenant, comparing them is pointless.

Still, the typing+speed is unfortunate, as a bulky grass it can't check many ground or water types at all, and it will probably only have a place on Trick Room (in which case its best set would likely be LO or Z-crystal with Frisk, not Harvest.) PU is a far cry though, unlike trevenant this has actually good qualities beyond gimmick harvest stuff.

Hi, im new here and i've created a strategy: exeggutor with lumberry and harvest that uses rest, with a drought torkoal
Seems good? :3

Hi, im new here and i've created a strategy: exeggutor with lumberry and harvest that uses rest, with a drought torkoal
Seems good? :3
Only downside is the confusion berry Harvest strat gives A-Exeggutor more turns to attack/set up rather than spend one to heal fully. And due to A-Exeggutor being slow, you'd have to time your Rest so you don't end up being hit twice before Rest can go off. Which means basically spamming Rest, which gets everyone nowhere. The 50% passive heal is better just because it's passive.

Only downside is the confusion berry Harvest strat gives A-Exeggutor more turns to attack/set up rather than spend one to heal fully. And due to A-Exeggutor being slow, you'd have to time your Rest so you don't end up being hit twice before Rest can go off. Which means basically spamming Rest, which gets everyone nowhere. The 50% passive heal is better just because it's passive.
Sitrus seems to be the better berry option over confuse berries from my experience. Hitting that 0-25% Hp sweet spot can be pretty luck oriented. A lot of the times when I used the sitrus I'd get knocked down, eat the berry, harvest at turn end, and eat the berry again for the same 50% heal a confuse would give. I haven't tried Rest/Lum set but theoretically gaining an extra ~25% Hp and a status immunity wouldn't be all bad at the cost of 1 turn. I'd say Chesto over Lum would be better if you're running a SpA set though.

The only real reason to use Trevenant was to be a shaky check to Mega-Khan (M-Khan needed to run Crunch instead of Sucker Punch to deal with Trevenant), and Harvest Sitrus + WoW was useful for that. Khan got banned early and there really wasn't a good reason to use Trevanant anymore.

Defensive (Harvest) Exeggutor will similarly need to find a threat (or set of threats) to wall and/or check before he becomes "good". See Alolan-Marowak for more details.

Sitrus seems to be the better berry option over confuse berries from my experience. Hitting that 0-25% Hp sweet spot can be pretty luck oriented. A lot of the times when I used the sitrus I'd get knocked down, eat the berry, harvest at turn end, and eat the berry again for the same 50% heal a confuse would give. I haven't tried Rest/Lum set but theoretically gaining an extra ~25% Hp and a status immunity wouldn't be all bad at the cost of 1 turn. I'd say Chesto over Lum would be better if you're running a SpA set though.
The problem with sacrificing a turn to fully heal though is that you need to know ahead of time when you'll need it. As A-Exeggutor is slow you risk being hit by an attack twice if you miss the timing. Using Sitrus/confusion berry is safer in this regard as you don't need to time anything and can just focus on attacking/setting up. Most mons that run Rest+Lum/Chesto in my experience are bulky ones. I wouldn't call A-Exeggutor bulky.

I just tried the custap/harvest set that was mentioned earlier in the thread using regular Exeggutor in a gen 6 match, and honestly, I could see a little potential in it. Replay is here: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-512116650
Now obviously the team I went up against was FAR from competitive, but I think you can see the potential in the set. For me, it'd go something like this:
Exeggutor-Alola @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Leaf Storm
- Protect
- Flamethrower/Substitute
So obviously this set is more gimmick than actually competent, as well as dependent on Gamefreak being kind on our dragon tree friend in the future by actually releasing custap berry in the future. What's cool about this set, is that it's more inclined on revenge killing, rather than straight up sweeping. How it works, is that you invest in as much bulk and Sp.Atk as you can to try and use Exeggutor as a sorta tank early in a game while carefully trying to get him to that 25% hp which is a mixed bag in of itself. From there, you can use him as a revenge killer with +1 priority on crazy powerful bp stabs and flamethrower for good coverage, coming off a base 125 Sp.Atk. What's great is that you can constantly use this throughout the game if you can keep hazards off the field, and can constantly reharvest your berry. Protect is there if harvest fails to activate, giving you another chance at collecting another custap berry.
You could run giga drain/energy ball and dragon pulse(if he eventually gets it) as well as dropping flamethrower for sub, if you want go for the long run, though that only works as a late game sweeper, and is underwhelmed by the fact that Exeggutor has no boosting moves in its Alola form.
For partners, drought users work best, as they give harvest 100% usability, and boost flamethrower's power. Torkoal in particular works well, as he has rapid spin to keep hazards in check, so as to prevent Exeggutor from just coming in and dying immediately. Like I said, this set is absolutely gimmicky/ loses to all priority except maybe aqua jet/ and is outclassed by a lot of other things like chlorophyll users and choice-scarf Pokemon. Really makes me wish the ten points went into anything but the attack stat.
Also, this is my first time actually posting, so sorry if I did something wrong.

I just tried the custap/harvest set that was mentioned earlier in the thread using regular Exeggutor in a gen 6 match, and honestly, I could see a little potential in it. Replay is here: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-512116650
Now obviously the team I went up against was FAR from competitive, but I think you can see the potential in the set. For me, it'd go something like this:
Exeggutor-Alola @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Leaf Storm
- Protect
- Flamethrower/Substitute
So obviously this set is more gimmick than actually competent, as well as dependent on Gamefreak being kind on our dragon tree friend in the future by actually releasing custap berry in the future. What's cool about this set, is that it's more inclined on revenge killing, rather than straight up sweeping. How it works, is that you invest in as much bulk and Sp.Atk as you can to try and use Exeggutor as a sorta tank early in a game while carefully trying to get him to that 25% hp which is a mixed bag in of itself. From there, you can use him as a revenge killer with +1 priority on crazy powerful bp stabs and flamethrower for good coverage, coming off a base 125 Sp.Atk. What's great is that you can constantly use this throughout the game if you can keep hazards off the field, and can constantly reharvest your berry. Protect is there if harvest fails to activate, giving you another chance at collecting another custap berry.
You could run giga drain/energy ball and dragon pulse(if he eventually gets it) as well as dropping flamethrower for sub, if you want go for the long run, though that only works as a late game sweeper, and is underwhelmed by the fact that Exeggutor has no boosting moves in its Alola form.
For partners, drought users work best, as they give harvest 100% usability, and boost flamethrower's power. Torkoal in particular works well, as he has rapid spin to keep hazards in check, so as to prevent Exeggutor from just coming in and dying immediately. Like I said, this set is absolutely gimmicky/ loses to all priority except maybe aqua jet/ and is outclassed by a lot of other things like chlorophyll users and choice-scarf Pokemon. Really makes me wish the ten points went into anything but the attack stat.
Also, this is my first time actually posting, so sorry if I did something wrong.
Earlier in the thread it was mentioned he gets Endure as a transfer only move, it would definitely be a safer way of getting to <25%. Plus it doubles as a pseudo-protect at 1 HP so it might be a good replacement. It's a shame he doesn't get Calm mind or something to boost SpA. You could always Baton Pass a SpA. boost to him and use him as a late game sweeper when the enemy has no faster priority with E. Ball, D. Pulse, and Flamethrower or run him physical with SD, Endure, D. Hammer, Seed Bomb.

Earlier in the thread it was mentioned he gets Endure as a transfer only move, it would definitely be a safer way of getting to <25%. Plus it doubles as a pseudo-protect at 1 HP so it might be a good replacement. It's a shame he doesn't get Calm mind or something to boost SpA. You could always Baton Pass a SpA. boost to him and use him as a late game sweeper when the enemy has no faster priority with E. Ball, D. Pulse, and Flamethrower or run him physical with SD, Endure, D. Hammer, Seed Bomb.
They also said that endure and harvest are non-compatible though.
Now that I think about it, it might be better to run with max speed evs to outspeed things like donphan's ice shard or Conkeldurr's Mach punch, while also outspending walls with no investment. Alola Exeggutor might just offer a weird niche as an early game wallbreaker, and mid to late game revenge killer/sweeper.

They also said that endure and harvest are non-compatible though.
Now that I think about it, it might be better to run with max speed evs to outspeed things like donphan's ice shard or Conkeldurr's Mach punch, while also outspending walls with no investment. Alola Exeggutor might just offer a weird niche as an early game wallbreaker, and mid to late game revenge killer/sweeper.
That's not how Custap works. It makes you move first in your priority bracket, essentially giving you infinite speed for one turn, but it doesn't actually give you any priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)