Alphability ORAS [Check Post #232]

Contrary is strong but not completely broken, as the best users have some weakness (Cobalion with immunities, Celebi with Grass-type being poor offensively and having a terrible type, Chandelure with low speed, and Charizard being normal Charizard).

Shaymin-Sky, based on initial impressions, might need to be banned since Sheer Force Shaymin-Sky is a lot more powerful in this meta with abilities being limited in this meta.

Also, Speed Boost Smeargle with Tail Glow is one reason it should be banned

EDIT: I mean why it should be suspected
You still can't Baton Pass Speed Boosts and other stat boosts according to OU clauses so Speed Boost Smeargle is just a poor man's Scolipede.

You still can't Baton Pass Speed Boosts and other stat boosts according to OU clauses so Speed Boost Smeargle is just a poor man's Scolipede.
Not exactly. Smeargle can still put opponents to sleep and set SR, which is the best entry hazard. Both Smeargle and Scolipede have their merits, with Scolipede's being an actual offensive/defensive presence and good STABs.

Not exactly. Smeargle can still put opponents to sleep and set SR, which is the best entry hazard. Both Smeargle and Scolipede have their merits, with Scolipede's being an actual offensive/defensive presence and good STABs.
True. It'll be a hazard setting passive booster. I don't think of it as being too overwhelming though.

I'm looking at the OU Baton Pass clause, and it states you can't have a move that boosts more that one stat, so you can have Speed Boost + Tail Glow unless I'm understanding it wrong or it's worded incorrectly

• Baton Pass Clause: Players cannot have more than one Pokémon with the move Baton Pass. Furthermore, a Pokémon cannot have Baton Pass while also a move that boosts Speed and a move that boosts another stat.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Total asteroid is right. But guys, we should also try and discuss the Pokemon Funbot28 suggested as well. Should they be allowed?

I'm looking at the OU Baton Pass clause, and it states you can't have a move that boosts more that one stat, so you can have Speed Boost + Tail Glow unless I'm understanding it wrong or it's worded incorrectly
Speed Boost is included, otherwise NU wouldn't have unbanned Combusken.

I see no reason to unban any Pokemon. The reasons why they were banned in OU still apply, and they're still the best abusers of their respective ability.

Yeah, it needs to be worded differently, as it can't pass more that 1 stat (just tested it). ANYWAYS...

Landorus-I: I believe he should be allowed since his ability took it too far and have other Sheer Force users, and gets NOTHING from the new mechanic Levitate Landorus new meta

Greninja: Once again, the ability was the breaking point, we have other Protean abusers and gets nothing knew besides Guts Greninja (which is stupid)

Genesect: IDK, I've never been around to see this thing in OU

Shaymin-Sky: I think this should still be banned, as it can utilize Sheer Force with 120/127 stats and Seed Flare is effected.

Other than that, I don't see any other potential unbans since all of them have raw power (besides maybe Blaziken, but probably not)

G-Luke

I personally agree with Talpr0ne in some aspects. Skymin to me is even more powerful, and a lack of Gale Wings users to keep in chrck also puts me against it. It can go two routes.

Shaymin-S @ Choice Scarf / Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpDef / 252 Spe
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Timid
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Filler

This set basically relies on flinching opponents to death and revenge killing Pokemon. Choice Scarf might sound weird, but it makes it an excellent revenge killer, due to the sheer hax of SereneHax. It can also opt for Life Orb for power.

Shaymin-S @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpDef / 252 Spe
Ability: Sheer Force
Nature: Timid / Modest
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Psychic
- Earth Power

This set focuses on Pure Power! STAB Seed Flare boosted by Sheer Force and Life Orb hurts. A LOT . I'm sure it 2HKO'es all, but I will check calcs to be sure. Totally broken to me.
The other Pokes are definately worth testing though, but its not just my decision, the council has the final say.

Also on that note: Congratz to thesecondbest for being the newest member of the council! There is one spot available guys. Its not to late to join!

Not too sure about Archeops though. Adaptability Head Smashes are good, but that's the only thing its really firing off, as it as no other good STAB. I will consider a suspect once the meta has been fully revamped and settled.
It gets Acrobatics. It has to forgo an item for maximum effect, obviously, but that's a 110 BP other STAB getting boosted by Adaptability.

G-Luke

Hey guys, well I reluctanly agree to also allow sheer force, not serene grace to grace the meta with its presence after testing it with the best walls in alphability. While it threatens offence and stall alike, i discovered that it has a large amount of checks and decent sized amount of counters.

Checks
Porygon-Z (scarf), Mold Breaker Mamoswine, Weavile, Multiscale Dragonite, offensive Mew, SpDef Skarmory, Talonflame, Choice Band Diggersby, Banded Scizor, basically any viable scarf users, Physically Def Porygon2, Wobbofett

Counters
Multiscale Mew, Chansey, Blissey, Mini Lugia (Multiscale Mandibuzz), SpDef Porygon2, Umbreon, SpDef Zapdos, Goodra

So basically Stall can handle Sheermin (like it), but offence cant switch in. Luckily, offence has an essemble of Pokemon that can easily revenge kill Sheermin, so it can stay (for now).

Last edited:
Hey guys. The council has made some decisions on the suspects:

Bans

Speed Boost - Further centralizes the meta around speed, priority and Prankster T-Wave. Staraptor, (Mega) Sceptile, Salamence and Scizor can abuse the ability and become difficult to revenge kill. Further reasoning from G-Luke:
G-Luke said:
Nothing else needs it besides these three. Mence gets this, he basically gets Shift Gear and no one wants that. With a little support from things like Scarfmotar (newest steel trapper) and Ttar, Scep can remove its checks, get a boost and outspeed the entire meta. 145 +1 equals unrevengable barring priority. Way to powerful. Staraptor. All this needed was to be faster anyways.
Serene Grace Shaymin-Sky - Nothing has changed enough in the meta to make it any less threatening. Its high speed in combination with Serene Grace Air Slash and Seed Flare make it difficult to deal with for offensive and defense teams alike.

Unbans

Shaymin-Sky (with other abilities) - Without Serene Grace and with Speed Boost banned, Skymin has nothing else to make it broken. Sheer Force hits hard, but is reasonable enough to be balanced in the metagame.
G-Luke said:
The controversial suspect: Sheermin. Skymin + Sheer Force is powerful, but not powerful enough to warrant a quick ban. Its frail, weak to rocks and having a ×4 weakness to common coverage isn't cool. But being a powerful threat doesn't go without saying.
Greninja - Has competition with Protean Porygon-Z and has new checks and counters like Solid Rock Slowking and Sap Sipper Swampert and Suicune. Its previous counter, Porygon2, also gains viability in this meta with access to Protean and Poison Heal, as well as Trace essentially getting buffed here.

Landorus-I - A large portion of the tier is as threatening with Sheer Force and Cress and Mega Latias still exist as counters, along with Solid Rock Slowking. Has nothing better to run over Sheer Force.

Genesect - Hasn't changed too much, so it may need retesting, but the metagame has gotten stronger overall and it there are more switch-ins like Flash Fire Ferrothorn, Solid Rock Skarmory (to an extent), and various Rocky Helmet users that aren't threatened by its coverage too much.

G-Luke said:
Even though it has competition, Genesect is still the best at what it does: Force switches and being unpredictable. Its vast movepool allows it to threaten what it wants. But it is still warrant a suspect.
Contrary - Possibly still broken, but needs to be seen in action to fully judge. Chandelure, Charizard and Cobalion all stand out as possible abusers, but each have their own weaknesses (Overheat Chandelure needs a Choice Scarf to do sweep against offense and is vulnerable to Flash Fire Ferrothorn and Heatran, Zard shares similar flaws with having a bigger SR weakness and Close Combat Cobalion is walled by ghosts, Slowbro/king and Starmie among others).

Last edited:
Hey guys. The council has made some decisions on the suspects:

Bans

Speed Boost - Further centralizes the meta around speed, priority and Prankster T-Wave. Staraptor, (Mega) Sceptile, Salamence and Scizor can abuse the ability and become difficult to revenge kill. Further reasoning from G-Luke:

Serene Grace Shaymin-Sky - Nothing has changed enough in the meta to make it any less threatening. Its high speed in combination with Serene Grace Air Slash and Seed Flare make it difficult to deal with for offensive and defense teams alike.

Unbans

Shaymin-Sky (with other abilities) - Without Serene Grace and with Speed Boost banned, Skymin has nothing else to make it broken. Sheer Force hits hard, but is reasonable enough to be balanced in the metagame.

Greninja - Has competition with Protean Porygon-Z and has new checks and counters like Solid Rock Slowking and Sap Sipper Swampert and Suicune. Its previous counter, Porygon2, also gains viability in this meta with access to Protean and Poison Heal, as well as Trace essentially getting buffed here.

Landorus-I - A large portion of the tier is as threatening with Sheer Force and Cress and Mega Latias still exist as counters, along with Solid Rock Slowking. Has nothing better to run over Sheer Force.

Genesect - Hasn't changed too much, so it may need retesting, but the metagame has gotten stronger overall and it there are more switch-ins like Flash Fire Ferrothorn, Solid Rock Skarmory (to an extent), and various Rocky Helmet users that aren't threatened by its coverage too much.

Contrary - Possibly still broken, but needs to be seen in action to fully judge. Chandelure, Charizard and Cobalion all stand out as possible abusers, but each have their own weaknesses (Overheat Chandelure needs a Choice Scarf to do sweep against offense and is vulnerable to Flash Fire Ferrothorn and Heatran, Zard shares similar flaws with having a bigger SR weakness and Close Combat Cobalion is walled by ghosts, Slowbro/king and Starmie among others).
This pretty much sums up my opinion.

With all this new firepower, Porygon2 will become a wonderful addition to any team, providing both incredible bulk and a decent offensive presence when coupled with Protean. Poison Heal could be viable too, but it sacrifices a LOT of bulk in the process. Protean tank will likely be its best set: as long as you can avoid Knock Off, you're safe.

With all this new firepower, Porygon2 will become a wonderful addition to any team, providing both incredible bulk and a decent offensive presence when coupled with Protean. Poison Heal could be viable too, but it sacrifices a LOT of bulk in the process. Protean tank will likely be its best set: as long as you can avoid Knock Off, you're safe.
I think Poison Heal with Eviolite would be viable more viable than Toxic Orb. One of its bigger weaknesses was being vulnerable to status; should it get hit by Toxic vs. a Stall or Balanced team, it can be used as a status absorber while retaining the insane bulk. Protean is probably more consistent overall though.

G-Luke

Alright. Now that done, we need someone to recode this meta. Any suggestions?

Edit: ANYWAYZZZ… Guess what peeps? Snaquaza said he'd probably coded this hell of a meta over the weekend!! So maybe, after a few days and some more begging of TEG and TI for a new thread this will be playable on Aqua!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Where can I find an updated list of the rules and clauses? The only one I know of is this one.

Also, will there ever be a chat room open for ABCAB again?
Check post #232 on the previous page.
Hello everyone. This is Aphability Revamped!! Thanks to Level 51, I have creative control of this thread. This metagame has great potencial, but some abilities were aparently too broken on Pokemon. I aim to create a more balanced metagame, therefore I have created a new banlist and a fresh new start on this classic meta.

The Alphability council currently consists of:

G-Luke: Co-Leader
Jaguar360: Co-Leader
nightsitter
Funbot28
thesecondbest

Click this link to see the abilities http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ability#List_of_Abilities

Serene Grace + Shaymin-S
Speed Boost on anything that doesn't naturally gain it.
Simple on anything that doesn't naturally get it.
Hustle Hoopa-Unbound
Slaking
Regigigas
Aerialate Archeops
Wonder Guard on anything that doesn't naturally gain it.
Huge/Pure Power on anything that doesn't actually gain it.
Parental Bond
Shadow Tag and Arena Trap on anything that doesn't naturally gain it.
Abilities that are hard coded for specific Pokemon. EG, Stance Change, Multitype.
Sturdinja

Genesect
Skymin
Contrary

There is also key changes. Pokemon still have access to the abilities they naturally learn. And Mega Pokemon DO NOT receive the new abilities. They get their old ones. [No Analyctic Mega Abomasnow for you.]

So come and discuss the brand new Alphability!
1K posts woohoo! :3

While we're waiting for the meta to be coded (you can challenge people via custom game to play this too btw), I'll just drop some sets here I thought of while teambuilding.

Sandslash @ Leftovers
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Super Fang
- Toxic / Stone Edge / Knock Off

Sandslash and Starmie are both spinners with access to Scrappy Rapid Spin (and Spinda, but...it's Spinda), but Sandslash has more to gain from the ability with Scrappy Super Fang and already useless default abilities. Super Fang decreases defensive Sandslash's passiveness and also supplements Toxic to help wear bulkier Pokemon down that don't take much from Earthquake.

Gliscor
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Taunt / Earthquake
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Gliscor is probably the best new user of Gale Wings in Alphability. Like Talonflame, it has the versatality to run offensive and defensive sets alike, taking advantage of priority Acrobatics and Roost on either side. However, it cannot hold an item really since Acrobatics is the only good Flying attack it has.

Dragonite @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast / Thunder
- Draco Meteor / Ice Beam / Surf

Dragonite is a good rain setter thanks to its longevity with Roost + solid bulk and moves that take advantage of the rain like Hurricane, Thunder, Surf and even Aqua Jet. Its typing is also good to have on a rain team with resistances to Water and Grass and a neutrality to Electric. Dragonite can also provide sun support with an altered set.

G-Luke

Unfortunately Snaquaza said he can't code. :'( . But I asked Pikachuun! So there is still hope!
Anyways I git sum setz too!

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Spe / 4 Def / 252 Atk
Ability: Tinted Lens
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Straightforward set. Get up rocks and hit stuff hard. While it hits all spinners and defoggers for neutral/SE damage thanks to Tinted Lens, it does lose to starmie and Skarmory, which i will get to later. All in all a versatile Pokemon.

Magmortar @ Choice Scarf / Life Orb
EVs: 88 Atk / 168 SpA / 252 Spe
Ability: Magnet Pull
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Thunderbolt
- Cross Chop / Psychic

Scarfmotar the newest steel trapper! Its EVs are that it can smash Chansey with Cross Chop on the switch, while blazing through Steels with Fire Blast. Fire Blast is its powerful STAB to do what is does: fry trapped steels! Earthquake is for Heatran, Thunderbolt is for bulky waters while Cross Chop hits fat things like chansey and FF Ferro, but Psychic can hit most fighting types, Gengar and such for SE damage.

Starmie @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam / Psyshock
- Thunderbolt / Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

Starmie got the buff it finally craved for: more power! (Scrappy is good two, but this benefits Starmie more) Sheer Force pushes its moves to dangerously high levels, and makes Starmie EVEN HARDER to swit h into. The added benefit of no recoil from LO make it a premier special attacker. Hydro Pump is for High power STABs, while Boltbeam sheer force boosted coverage is amazing. It can also run Psyshock to hit Special Walls hard and of course Rapid Spin is Rapid Spin.

G-Luke

Hey guys, Via a custom battle with fellow council member thesecondbest, we tested things. Alarmingly Fur Coat Florges standed out as a gamebreaking monster, walling the most powerful of pphysical attackers, while setting up Calm Mind to boost its already high SpA and SpD, letting it easily 6-0 teams. So on these grounds, FUR COAT IS NOW OFFICIALLY BANNED. . I hope this balances the metagame more once this ability is banned.
Here is the replay to see for yourself.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/customgame-264293091

And Vote Alphability ORAS for OMoTM!!!!!

Last edited:
Jaguar used a Revive.

Council decided that making a threat list while waiting for the meta to code would be a good idea, so here it is!
Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Agility

With Protean, Porygon-Z's coverage becomes even stronger and makes it nearly impossible to counter. Agility lets to sweep against offense while still giving defensive teams trouble with STAB BoltBeam and Psyshock coming from 135 base SpA. Porygon-Z can also run a Choice Scarf set to outspeed offensive Pokemon without setup and Trick defensive Pokemon. Nasty Plot sets are also viable as well as 4 attacks sets.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Memento / Energy Ball / Flamethrower

Contrary Chandelure is one of the most fearsome sweepers in Alphability. Its Overheats are already powerful unboosted and become difficult to take at +2 SpA. It can also cripple slower teams with Trick to use its coverage if it needs to. Be sure to bring strong priority, a faster Scarf Pokemon, a Flash Fire Pokemon like Ferrothorn or Heatran, or a specially bulky Fire resist so that you can be prepared.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce / Mold Breaker / Motor Drive
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Manaphy is even more threatening and customizable in Alphability than in OU. With Magic Bounce, status moves like Thunder Wave and Toxic cannot hinder its sweep and it cannot be Taunted before it Tail Glows unless it is facing a Mold Breaker Pokemon. It can use Mold Breaker to its own advantage to gets past Pokemon with Unaware, Water Absorb, Sap Sipper and Thick Fat as well. Motor Drive gives it only one weakness, makes it immune to Thunder Wave and allows it to set up on nearly all Electric types.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster / Protean / Poison Heal / Trace
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Porygon2 is a bulky prowess that checks a lot of the metagame's threats, such as Greninja, Genesect, Salamence, Chandelure and others. It can tailor its ability to its team's needs. Prankster stops a lot of sweepers and cleaners with Thunder Wave and provides priority recovery when its health is low. Protean gives some more power to its attacks and allows it to use its typing change for defensive reasons. Protean is particularly useful on P2's Tank set, where it has more SpA investment. Poison Heal allows it to benefit from Poison rather than being worn down by it and Trace allows it to copy some of the useful abilities that are rampant in this metagame.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 40 Atk / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Low Kick
- Dark Pulse
While Greninja gains nothing new from this metagame and has to face stronger threats, it's still a major threat to any team with its powerful and wide coverage combined with its speed. Greninja can run pure special attacking sets, mixed attacking sets or physically-based mixed sets viably to wallbreak and can also choose to support with Spikes. Porygon2 and Solid Rock Slowking are good defensive answers to this Pokemon, while the likes of Talonflame and Weavile can check it offensively.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock / Spikes
- Knock Off / Thunder Wave
- Gyro Ball / Power Whip
Ferrothorn's access to Flash Fire makes it an even bigger threat since it only has one weakness to Fighting and cannot be burned or lured with random Hidden Power Fires. Prepare for this whenever you think about targeting Steel types.

Dragonite @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Draco Meteor / Surf / Thunder / Thunder Wave
Dragonite is one of the best setters of both Sun and Rain in Alphability. Its useful Dragon typing gives it resistances to both Fire and Water (good for weather wars) and it has the moves to take advantage of each weather. Its access to Roost is also important for longevity. Hurricane, Surf, Thunder, Waterfall and Aqua Jet are moves to take advantage of on Rain teams, while Fire Punch and Fire Blast are powered up on Sun teams and have good synergy with Dragon STAB.

Gliscor
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Taunt / Earthquake
- Roost / Earthquake
- Swords Dance
Gliscor is a new and excellent user of Gale Wings. While it's forced to run no item in most cases because of Acrobatics, the new priority serves it well. It can choose to stallbreak with Taunt + Swords Dance, go on the offense using both of its STABs, or retain its signature defensive roles and use priority Roost to its advantage.

Shaymin-Sky @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force / Solar Power
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Healing Wish / Synthesis / Hidden Power Ice / Substitute
Shaymin Sky Forme is another unbanned Pokemon that remains a threat. Sheer Force powers its main trio of moves to high levels (especially Seed Flare) and negates Life Orb damage. Shaymin-S's power on Sun teams is incredible with Solar Power as well, though it suffers much recoil. Be on the lookout for Rain and Sand teams as well; Shaymin gets access to both Swift Swim and Sand Rush.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf / Life Orb
Ability: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
U-turn Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt / Iron Head / Extreme Speed / Explosion

Genesect's versality and ability to easily gain momentum are still amazing. While, like Greninja, it gains little new from the metagame, it remains a consistent threat with its standard Download sets. Keep Genesect's coverage options in mind as well as its ability to sweep with a Shift Gear set.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Guard / Multiscale / Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
- Defog / Taunt
- Roost
- Foul Play / Brave Bird / Knock Off
- Toxic / U-turn

Great support mon, acting as a defogger, stallbreaker, and/or check to setup sweepers. Magic Guard is incredible for it as a defogger since it ignores Stealth Rock damage, allowing it to also check things like Shaymin-S and Genesect more reliably without getting worn down so much. Multiscale is best used with Taunt or an attack over Defog.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker / Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash / Endeavor / Taunt
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock / Knock Off / Superpower
Mold Breaker gives Mamoswine perfect coverage with its STABs, making Freeze-Dry less necessary and freeing up moveslots. It also allows Mamo to bypass Magic Bouncers with Stealth Rock or Taunt. Magnet Pull sets rival Magnezone for being the best steel trapper in the metagame. STAB EQ + Superpower deals with all Steel types bar Scizor and Skarmory. Life Orb could be used on either set, while Sash is reserved for Mold Breaker SR leads. Band is viable for MB and Scarf can be used with either ability to good effect.

Terrakion @ Lum Berry / Life Orb / Choice Scarf or Band
Ability: Tough Claws / Tinted Lens
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance / Iron Head / X-Scissor
- Rock Polish / Iron Head / X-Scissor
Tough Claws Close Combats from Terrakion are hard to take for non-resists and make its sets a bit more potent. Tinted Lens is arguably even scarier, as its STABs alone tear everything apart.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers / Lum Berry
Ability: Levitate / Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split / Rest
Rotom is still a great utility mon with its default ability, but Regenerator makes it an even better pivot and gives it more recovery. Whether your team is in need of a ground immunity or a long lasting check to much of the metagame, Rotom-W's splashability makes it a good pick.

Haxorus @ Lum Berry / Life Orb / Choice Scarf or Band
Ability: Hustle
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab / Taunt
- Swords Dance / Dragon Dance / Outrage

Hustle on top of 147 base Attack makes for an insanely powerful Dragon. Beware of the 80% accuracy however - this mon is guaranteed to...hax you out. Feel free to run Wide Lens for an upgrade to 88% accuracy.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Thanks, Jaguar360 for the threatlist.
Well now, time for the 15 y-o to make a speech. Hope I brought my brown pants. :-3

Hello guys. This thread has been dead for ages, but now its time to shake things up. I'm gonna adjust the rules abit to make things simpler to code, so it can be hosted, viability rankings be formed, and shape up to be a great meta. As of now, if an ability is banned, its banned. No ifs, buts or maybes. Same will go for MOST Pokemon bans, unless its that PARTICULAR ability that makes it broken, and it can contribute something else worthwhile. E.G Sheermin. This eases stress on coding and eliminates complex bans as much as possible. I will edit what is neccesary. And no Pokemon will be suspected YET. The meta hasn't been played since new rules come in, so the metagame must develop first before suspecting stuff.

Also, to make things interesting, Deoxys-S and D are CURRENTLY unbanned, as is in AAA. Hope y'all like the new changes. G-Luke out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)