Alphability ORAS [Check Post #232]

I love searching OMs for crazy and cool things, and I'm going to deliver a bunch of those right now!

Gale Wings Gliscor. Sounds pretty great for priority Defog, Roost, and more. Lack of Poison Heal is the only bad point.

Toxic Boost Terrakion. That is all. I can already see Toxic Orb with Protect, Stone Edge, Close Combat, and possibly even Facade.

Fur Coat Flareon. Have you ever wished that Flareon got good physical bulk? Well, now it does!

Levitate Landorus.

Analytic (Mega) Abomasnow. Sounds cool, as Mega Aboma will be moving last most of the time. It also has the bulk to tank a hit.

Sheer Force Salamence...Crunch, Dragon Rush, Fire Blast/Flamethrower, Fire Fang, Iron Tail, Thunder Fang, and Zen Headbutt are all boosted by it. You better bring Hone Claws to the mix, though, because most of those aren't incredibly accurate.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello everyone. This is Aphability Revamped!! Thanks to Level 51, I have creative control of this thread. This metagame has great potencial, but some abilities were aparently too broken on Pokemon. I aim to create a more balanced metagame, therefore I have created a new banlist and a fresh new start on this classic meta.

The Alphability council currently consists of:

G-Luke: Co-Leader
Jaguar360: Co-Leader
nightsitter
Funbot28
thesecondbest

Click this link to see the abilities http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ability#List_of_Abilities

Serene Grace + Shaymin-S
Speed Boost
Simple
Hoopa-Unbound
Slaking
Regigigas
Archeops
Wonder Guard
Huge/Pure Power
Parental Bond
Shadow Tag and Arena Trap
Shedinja
Fur Coat

None as of now

Genesect
Shaymin-S
Greninja
Landorus
Deoxys-A
Deoxys-D
Blaziken

There is also key changes. Pokemon still have access to the abilities they naturally learn. And Mega Pokemon DO NOT receive the new abilities. They get their old ones. [No Analyctic Mega Abomasnow for you.]

So come and discuss the brand new Alphability!

Last edited:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Also ban Sturdy Shedinja, we don't want this metagame to turn into Bqlanced Hackmons after all (But seriously do we really need this in the metagame? I don't think so)

G-Luke

Agreed about Sturdinja. I just forgot that.

Not too sure about Archeops though. Adaptability Head Smashes are good, but that's the only thing its really firing off, as it as no other good STAB. I will consider a suspect once the meta has been fully revamped and settled.

Nobody's mentioning Parasect (which i'm not surprised by). It gets Prankster Spore which is annoying (obviously). Extremely frail though
Aerilate Archeops also exists, so 1.95x Return is fun
Unburden Ursaring gets Belly Drum (this is just something I found)
On the CONTRARY, it's still legal (IDC it's improper grammar) with Speed Boost. Master Race Chandelure & Celebi
Magic Bounce Mew

There are still a lot of huge threats that might need to be banned

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Nobody's mentioning Parasect (which i'm not surprised by). It gets Prankster Spore which is annoying (obviously). Extremely frail though
Aerilate Archeops also exists, so 1.95x Return is fun
Unburden Ursaring gets Belly Drum (this is just something I found)
On the CONTRARY, it's still legal (IDC it's improper grammar) with Speed Boost. Master Race Chandelure & Celebi
Magic Bounce Mew

There are still a lot of huge threats that might need to be banned
Read post #233, Aerilate Archeops is banned.

G-Luke

Sure ursaring might seem powerful, but its outclassed by better physical sweepers eg. Tinted Lens Terrakion. Its also doesn't have great bulk, and priority exists. And Clefable hard walls it.

Mew is better of running mold breaker.

So it has Spore? Then wat. It literally makes you 5-6, as it sucks horribly.

Chandelure and Celebi though are worth looking into, Contrary Spam and all.

Simple should be quickbanned, it simply has too many dangerous abusers(Salamence, Suicune, Slowbro and Snorlax are the most obvious, but even something like Shiftry becomes insane after a SD). There are only four viable Unaware users(Clefable, Quagsire, Umbreon and Uxie), and some of the Simple setup sweepers can break through them(i.e. Shiftry beats Uxie and Quagsire). Not to mention Smeargle, which can Baton Pass moves such as Coil, Swords Dance and Tail Glow to devastating effects.

Contrary looks more manageable, mostly because it's countered by immunities and not just by Unaware, but still pretty insane. The best abuser is probably Cobalion, with a set like Close Combat, Iron Head, Superpower and Substitute or Magnet Rise. Pursuit users such as Bisharp(Bulletproof or classic Defiant), Tyranitar(Classic Sand Stream, Tough Claws, Tinted Lens) or Weavile(Water Veil, Wonder Skin, White Smoke or Water Absorb) are all great partners, as they can remove annoying Ghost types from the match before it starts to sweep.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Simple should be quickbanned, it simply has too many dangerous abusers(Salamence, Suicune, Slowbro and Snorlax are the most obvious, but even something like Shiftry becomes insane after a SD). There are only four viable Unaware users(Clefable, Quagsire, Umbreon and Uxie), and some of the Simple setup sweepers can break through them(i.e. Shiftry beats Uxie and Quagsire). Not to mention Smeargle, which can Baton Pass moves such as Coil, Swords Dance and Tail Glow to devastating effects.

Contrary looks more manageable, mostly because it's countered by immunities and not just by Unaware, but still pretty insane. The best abuser is probably Cobalion, with a set like Close Combat, Iron Head, Superpower and Substitute or Magnet Rise. Pursuit users such as Bisharp(Bulletproof or classic Defiant), Tyranitar(Classic Sand Stream, Tough Claws, Tinted Lens) or Weavile(Water Veil, Wonder Skin, White Smoke or Water Absorb) are all great partners, as they can remove annoying Ghost types from the match before it starts to sweep.
Ya I agree that Simple is quite a broken ability, especially with mons like Smeargle who can pass tremendous boosts quite easily. Idk about Contrary, as like you said Cobalion does have to deal with immunities and such. Defenitely deserves a looking into...

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Also would add Hustle Hoopa-U like Alicer stated, for the same reasons it got banned in AAA.

Edit: Never Mind :) Here are some following retests that I would like some discussion on:

Landorus-I
Sheer Force is more widely distributed to some threats like Scizor and Slowbro. Also, the meta has more prominent checks to it. It also does not get any useful abilities in this meta. Would like to see it retested.

Greninja
Like Landorus-I, more pokemon have access to Protean, and there are more checks to it aswell, although less than Landorus. Still warry, but still would like it being discussed. Also does not get any useful abilities.

Genesect
Again, Download is more distributed, and has a hard time dealing with things like Gale Wings Gliscor or Solid Rock Skarmory.

Shaymin-Sky
More Serene Grace abusers, although Sheer Force Skymin is a force in AAA...

Last edited:

G-Luke

Check the OP, that's already been taken care of. I think its time to get some coders to code the new changes. Tagging Pikachuun here.

Can we not ban anything and keep this metagame really unbalanced just for the fuck of it? I mean, it gets cancelled out, doesn't it?
That's like saying Diggersby and Sylveon should be unbanned un STABmons. Prior to the revamp, Alphability was about basically allwoing broken shit, Sturdinja, a simple poke, and Slaking on every team. This new meta (sips coffee), is about balance. That's why pokes are allowed their original abilities, and Megas don't apply to the Alphability rule.

Last edited:
Honeslty, Speed Boost deserves actual playtest, I can't see any abuser outside from Salamence being overcentralizing. Maybe Samurott and the Simis could be too good, but it looks like an huge stretch.

G-Luke

I agree. Let the first official discussion be about convincing TI and TEG we need a separate thread. introducing these Pokemon into the metagame.

Contrary is strong but not completely broken, as the best users have some weakness (Cobalion with immunities, Celebi with Grass-type being poor offensively and having a terrible type, Chandelure with low speed, and Charizard being normal Charizard).

Shaymin-Sky, based on initial impressions, might need to be banned since Sheer Force Shaymin-Sky is a lot more powerful in this meta with abilities being limited in this meta.

Also, Speed Boost Smeargle with Tail Glow is one reason it should be banned

EDIT: I mean why it should be suspected

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)