AlphaJolt vs. deadfox081 [Reffed by: doominic77]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad we were able to get so much done in this battle today, I'm off to work shortly though so this might be my last participation for the day, will see how I go. Anyway..

Well done Dreeko, it was about time your Sniper ability came in handy. Let's just keep on pumping out that damage by reversing our orders from last time. If our luck keeps up you could end up with 2 KOs in the battle, quite a feat.

Summary
Aurora Beam > Signal Beam > Aurora Beam

Let's not let him get 2 KOs! Start with Energy Ball cause that'll leave him in KO range. Then use Agility to dodge his next attack while gaining a Speed boost. Now that you're faster than he is KO him with another Energy Ball!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Maximus (M)
HP: 28
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Confusion (1 more action), Overgrow (activated)
Actions: Energy Ball - Agility (dodge) - Energy Ball
Nature: Naughty
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed, Growth, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Nature Power, Sunny Day, Sweet Scent, and Swords Dance have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Overgrow: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any grass attack is increased by two (2).
Atk: ***(+1)
Def: **
SpA: ***
SpD: * (-1)
Spe: 70

Dreeko (F)
HP: 35
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Actions: Aurora Beam - Signal Beam - Aurora Beam
Nature: Hasty (A 15% increase (rounded up) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on this Pokemon's attacks; Subtracts * from Defense)
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Splash and Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Swift Swim: (Innate) The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast is slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its speed in the rain.
Sniper: (Innate) This Pokemon has deadly accuracy and strikes sensitive points, dealing 2 more damage with its critical hits.
Atk: **
Def: ** (-1)
SpD: *
Spe: 69 (60*1.15)

---------------------------------------------------------

Round 8: Who's Faster?

Dreeko of course! Look at her swimming swiftly through the torrents of rain water! Out from her mouth comes a marvelous Aurora Beam that almost puts Maximus into frosty death! Maximus screams in pain from the attack, but as he's screaming, he lets loose a raging Energy Ball that strikes Dreeko like a cannonball! At the end, his confusion runs out of steam! How will that effect the remainders of the round that's soon to come?

Now eager to get momentum on his side, Maximus attempts to pull one last trick that will seal the deal. Will Dreeko allow this to happen? Seeing how the battle was a battle of ranged attacks from a distance, there's a chance that Maximus could perhaps dodge the future attack! For someone's life or death at the edge of a dice's roll, this isn't looking good at all! So I tell you, pick a number and let's get it over with! 0-500 is freedom, 501-1000 is death. ... You rolled 805. I'm sorry, good sir, but you were just too slow to avoid the incoming Signal Beam! My dear apologizes, Maximus! Let's just hope that things get better for your other buddy, eh?

Maximus (M)
HP: 0
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed, Growth, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Nature Power, Sunny Day, Sweet Scent, and Swords Dance have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Overgrow: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any grass attack is increased by two (2).
Atk: ***(+1)
Spe: 70

Dreeko (F)
HP: 11
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Nature: Hasty (A 15% increase (rounded up) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on this Pokemon's attacks; Subtracts * from Defense)
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Splash and Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Swift Swim: (Innate) The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast is slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its speed in the rain.
Sniper: (Innate) This Pokemon has deadly accuracy and strikes sensitive points, dealing 2 more damage with its critical hits.

Maximus

A1: Energy Ball > 8 + 3 + 2 + (3-1 x 1.5) x 1.5 = [24 Damage] [5 Energy]
A2: Agiiiiilit--BLARGH

Dreeko
A1: Aurora Beam > 7 + (3-1 x 1.5) x 1.5 = [15 Damage] [4 Energy]
A2: Signal Beam > 8 + (3-1 x 1.5) x 1.5 = [17 Damage] [6 Energy]

sorry again. i try not to have feelings when being an rng myself though.

It's raining for 2 more rounds!

AlphaJolt sends in a new mon and its actions! After that, deadfox081 goes!

Great work Dreeko, you're definitely the MVP of this match. You've earned a rest, but that doesn't mean we won't keep fighting until the minute you go down. Keep on firing your Dragonbreath at him until you go down!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
As usual, I forgot about Overgrow, lol. Treecko got 3 more damage in! This means ExtremeSpeed would've finish Dreeko. 8 + (4-2 x 1.5) = 11 Damage. Ah, well, I think it's fairer for Gareth to get hurt though, since the next Pokemon to bat is Magnemite, who only has Magnet Bomb to deal any serious damage. Gareth has Fire Blast lol (+ boosted Waterfall), so we'll see how it goes in the later updates.

Gareth (M)
HP: 90
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Actions: Strike with great vengeance!
Dragon: Dragon STAB; Roar has have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Dragonite line can breathe underwater.)
Shed Skin: (Innate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.
Atk: ****(+1)
SpA: **
Spe: 50

Dreeko (F)
HP: 11
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Actions: FIRE!

Round 9: Baked Sea Horse

Gareth, meet Dreeko. Okay? Okay.

Still riding fast in the Swift Swim current, Dreeko takes the opportunity to fire off a DragonBreath from her snout, which inflicts some nasty damage! Nasty... as in... Clair's breath. YUCK! This was so yucky that it paralyzed Gareth! Eh, still, he manages to electrify himself and shock Dreeko with a Thunderbolt! That ends her current championship, but she's still got another partner!

Oh wait, Gareth is shedding his skin! It's like... a miracle. No more paralysis! No more hax!

Gareth (M)
HP: 76
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Dragon: Dragon STAB; Roar has have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Dragonite line can breathe underwater.)
Shed Skin: (Innate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.

Dreeko (F)
HP: BZBZBBZBZBZBZ
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Maximus

A1: Thunderbolt > 10 + (2-1 x 1.5) x 1.5 = [17 Damage] [7 Energy]
A2: Agiiiiilit--BLARGH

Dreeko
A1: DragonBreath > 6 + (3-1 x 1.5) x 1.5 = [14 Damage] [5 Energy]

It's raining for 1 more round!

Okay, go Shocta!

deadfox081's actions!

Ok Shocta, I think we can approach this one with some careful confidence..

Start off with a Magnet Bomb just for some decent damage, then follow up with another Rain Dance to keep his Fire Blast at bay, and finally hit the little snake dragon with a Metal Sound to set us up for next round.

We've got this Gareth! Start with Thunder Wave so that he's limited in what he can do. He think's he can win with Rain Dance but let's use his main weapon against him. Waterfall and follow with Dragon Dance to avoid getting your defenses lowered.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Note: I don't see how a Dragon Dance can avoid sound-based moves. It's still going to hear it! Well, at least you still get the boosts, so I won't nitpick that too much (because you'll see).

Also, I'd like to say that you can't re-set the weather when it's still running! When the weather finally ends, then you can set it back up. I'll... just allow it for this match... err round, though. Just a note in the future!

(hehe, i know this is a noob battle. ^_^)

Gareth (M)
HP: 76
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Actions: Thunder Wave - Waterfall - Dragon Dance

Shocta
HP: 80
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Actions: Magnet Bomb - Rain Dance - Metal Sound
Nature: Modest (Adds * to Special Attack; Subtracts * From Attack)
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain.
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Bomb, can be magnetized.
Magnet Pull: (Can be activated) This Pokemon has the ability to generate a magnetic field that can attract or repulse Steel-type Pokemon. When attracted by Magnet Pull, Steel-types cannot move out of the immediate proximity without great difficulty, and can be pulled along by the Magnet Pull Pokemon. When repulsed, the Steel type is thrust violently away and contact attacks have immense difficulty striking the Magnet Pull Pokemon. The effect of both commands lasts for the following three (3) actions.
Surdy: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing damage from an opponents attacks by one (1) damage. The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) damage.
Atk: * (-1)
Def: ***
SpA: **** (+1)
SpD: **
Spe: 45

Round 10: ShocTA Gareth!

I like magnets.

Gareth doesn't though. =( See, he's shocking it with a Thunder Wave! What a meanie! Look, it's struggling with the paralysis! Oh, it managed to free itself! Good magnet! And now look what it's doing! Firing a Magnet BOMB! This bomb immediately locks onto Gareth and BOOM! Pieces of dragon skin can clearly be seen being shredded into dust! Seems like a critical hit to me!

Eww, hax. Gareth just sheds another new skin and gets ready for combat! With the help of the rain, he slides through the ground and smashes onto Shocta with a nice, wet Waterfall! Sadly, no flinch or paralysis activates and Shocta resummons the rain with a single lapdance... however it did that. Oh wait, I got it on camera!

After the attack, Gareth gets ready for the next round by Dragon Dancing all around Shocta! It's as if he's taunting the magnet! I think it's so dizzy that it's fully paralyzed all of a sudden! Awww, poor you! I'll be sure to buy you a new toy next time, k?

Gareth (M)
HP: 62
Energy:
Boosts/Drops: +1 Atk/Spe
Others:

Shocta
HP: 68
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Paralysis (25%, 20% next round)
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain.
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Bomb, can be magnetized.
Magnet Pull: (Can be activated) This Pokemon has the ability to generate a magnetic field that can attract or repulse Steel-type Pokemon. When attracted by Magnet Pull, Steel-types cannot move out of the immediate proximity without great difficulty, and can be pulled along by the Magnet Pull Pokemon. When repulsed, the Steel type is thrust violently away and contact attacks have immense difficulty striking the Magnet Pull Pokemon. The effect of both commands lasts for the following three (3) actions.
Surdy: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing damage from an opponents attacks by one (1) damage. The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) damage.

Gareth

A1: Thunder Wave > [7 Energy]
A2: Waterfall > 8 + 3 (rainboost) + (4-3 x 1.5) - 1 (sturdy) = [12 Damage] [5 Energy]
A3: Dragon Dance > [6 Energy]

Shocta
A1: Magnet Bomb > 6 + 3 + (4-1 x 1.5) = [14 Damage] [3 Energy]
A2: Rain Dance > [10 Energy]
A3: Metal Sound > [5 Energy] (not used)

lol, magnet bomb did more than i thought and waterfall did less than i thought.

It's raining for 4 more round!

AlphaJolt's actions!

This may not work out well for us Shocta, but I think status will be our friend (mostly thanks to our lack of high damaging attacks :S)

Thunder Wave > Magnet Bomb > Metal Sound

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Gareth (M)
HP: 62
Energy:
Boosts/Drops: +1 Atk/Spe
Others:

Actions: Waterfall - Fire Blast - Waterfall

Shocta
HP: 68
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Paralysis (20%)
Actions: Thunder Wave - Magnet Bomb - Metal Sound

Round 11: DESTROY DESTROY

TIME TO HUNT AND HURT STUFF

Gareth keeps up his offensive momentum and splashes a Waterfall onto the poor Shocta! It's lucky, though, very lucky. No flinch, no paralysis, no nothing! Well, there's damage... but nothing else! This gives Shocta ample time to spray a Thunder Wave onto the watery dragon, shocking his nervous system into slight shutdown!

Alright, two paralyzed foos! Gareth manages to squeeze out of his paralysis this action and breath a burning Fire Blast through the rain, which hits Shocta square on the face! Shocta's remaining burn marks are quickly extinguished by the raining downpour as it hurls a heat-seeking missile Magnet Bomb that follows Gareth's fiery pattern and blasts him onto a nearby boulder! Well, not like that did any additional damage...

This action starts with a Gareth fighting with his own body! He's struggling like an entangled prisoner of war! Uh-oh, I think he's fully paralyzed! Luckily, Shocta isn't though! With this time, it gives Gareth a nice, loud Metal Sound that echos into his fairy-like eyes. YOUR SPECIAL DEFENSE HAS FALLEN! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Gareth (M)
HP: 48
Energy:
Boosts/Drops: -2 SpD
Others:
Paralysis (25%, 20% next round)

Shocta
HP: 43
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Paralysis (20%. 15% next round)

Gareth

A1: Waterfall > 8 + 3 (rainboost) + (4-3 x 1.5) + (1-0 x 1.5) - 1 (sturdy) = [13 Damage] [5 Energy]
A2: Fire Blast > 12 - 3 (raindrop) + (2-2 x 1.5) - 1 (sturdy) x 1.5 = [12 Damage] [8 Energy]
A3: BZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Shocta
A1: Thunder Wave > [7 Energy]
A2: Magnet Bomb > 6 + 3 + (4-1 x 1.5) = [14 Damage] [3 Energy]
A3: Metal Sound > [5 Energy]

It's raining for 3 more rounds!

deadfox081's actions!

Ok Shocta, I think Gareth should be sufficiently weakened, time to go in for the kill.

Magnet Bomb > Discharge > Magnet Bomb

Time to use Anime style to my advantage! Gareth, use ExtremeSpeed to get behind him. Magnet Bomb is like a heat seeking mistle so guide it right back into him. Then use Waterfall, to do some real damage. Finish off by repeating your first action (ExtremeSpeed) and hitting him with another Magnet Bomb.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Gareth (M)
HP: 48
Energy:
Boosts/Drops: -2 SpD
Others:
Paralysis (20%)
Actions: ExtremeSpeed (behind) - Waterfall - ExtremeSpeed (behind)

Shocta
HP: 43
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Paralysis (15%)
Actions: Magnet Bomb > Discharge > Magnet Bomb

Round 12: ROBOT KNOW NO SUCH THINGS

... Sorry Gareth... you just rolled a 200/1000. Looks like you're fully paralyzed for this action! AAAAAAAAARGH! Shocta rolled a 867/1000 though so it's free like a bird! Watch out Gareth! Incoming missile! Magnet Bomb approaching! TIK TIK TI KTITKTKITKTITKTITKTK BOOOOM! Ahhh, the fragility of life. You just can't dodge that!

Hey Gareth, you're lucky this time! 203's a nice number... however, refs ref by pushing back the move that didn't go into effect! There goes Gareth using ExtremeSpeed right behind Shocta, but to what purpose will it serve? Shocta just looks around, unnoticed of the change in... heat. Oh who cares, just Discharge! And it does... with electrical excitement! Looks like everything got hit, even Gareth!

This action seems a little friendlier for Gareth! He goes ignoring his crippling paralysis and smashing onto Shocta for great justice with a Waterfall attack! What this attack did was flinch Shocta in surprise! Gareth was attacking from behind anyway, so even I would've been surprised!

Gareth? Shedding your skin AGAIN? How much times do you shed your skin a day? You CRAZY!

Gareth (M)
HP: 19
Energy:
Boosts/Drops: -1 SpD
Others:

Shocta
HP: 31
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Paralysis (15%, 10% next round)

Gareth

A1: GAAAAAAAAAAAAH
A2: ExtremeSpeed > [6 Energy]
A3: Waterfall > 8 + 3 (rainboost) + (4-3 x 1.5) - 1 (sturdy) = [12 Damage] [5 Energy]

Shocta
A1: Magnet Bomb > 6 + 3 + (4-1 x 1.5) + (2-0 x 1.5) = [17 Damage] [3 Energy]
A2: Discharge > 8 + 3 + (4-1 x 1.5) + (2-0 x 1.5) x .67 = [12 Damage] [5 Energy]
A3: flinch

It's raining for 2 more rounds!

AlphaJolt's actions!

Come on Gareth you can pull this off, he's almost defeated! Use Waterfall to soften him up some more. Then proceed to Fire Blast and Waterfall again. You can't take more than 1 hit. If he uses Magnet Bomb redirect it via ExtremeSpeed back into him. Also dodge Thunderwaves, Discharges, and SonicBooms with Dragon Dance. Avoid getting hit at all cost!

Dancing is only going to get him so far, just Discharge your electrical energy until there is nothing left to hit.

Summary
Discharge > Discharge > Discharge

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
That's too many substitutions being made. I know you're in a desperate situation, but...

This was implemented in the recent SotG:

Attack Substitution:

For each of their Pokemon, a Player acting first may create a substitution based on one specific Attack or Command the opponent can issue and substitute their called actions. This conditional can only be triggered by one of the opponent's actions, however it may apply to multiple consecutive actions for the trainer's Pokemon in that round.

Chance Substitution:

For each of their Pokemon, either player may create a substitution based on the success or failure of a previously ordered Attack or Attack effect. This conditional can only be triggered by the success or failure of a previous action, and as such cannot be applied to the first action of a round. A Player acting first can make either an Attack Substitution or a Chance Substitution, but not both.

KO Substitution:

For each of their Pokemon, either player in a multiple battle (doubles or more) may order an alternative set of actions based on a specific opponent fainting on a specific action. A KO Substitution can be ordered in addition to an Attack Substitution or a Chance Substitution.

I'm going to use Magnet Bomb's substitution, since it's the first one listed. Plus, I would much rather you attempt to attack then run around dying! Additionally, I don't see how Dragon Dancing to places would dodge a Discharge! That hits everything! If it were a Hydro Pump, sure, but not a Discharge.

Gareth (M)
HP: 19
Energy:
Boosts/Drops: -1 SpD
Others:

Actions: Waterfall - Fire Blast - Waterfall, sub ExtremeSpeed around Magnemite if Magnet bomb

Shocta
HP: 31
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Paralysis (10%)
Actions: Discharge!

Round 13: KBOT's PEAK-A-BOOOOOO

Let's finish what we started! With Gareth fresh out of his paralysis, he's in no worry of interference! There he goes, smashing onto Shocta for as much damage as he can dish out with his Waterfall attack! This manages to, sadly enough, not flinch the magnet! Freeing itself from the paralysis, Shocta gets into the air and Discharges the entire room! Victims? Gareth's one.

It looks like Gareth's on the verge of collapse! He's not finished fighting, however, as he absorbs an abnormal amount of flames into his mouth and shoots out a blazing Fire Blast that sizzles Shocta into blazing temperature! Too bad about the weather though, eh? No burn, no sweat. Shocta just bashes its paralysis out the door and gives the peak another taste of its DISCHARGE! Uh-oh! Gareth's shocked into oblivion and hell until... he can't take it any longer. In an attempt to free himself from the pain, Gareth closes his eyes... and faints away... in the ever-so-rainy but flaming peak of total hell...

Gareth (M)
HP: BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Shocta
HP: 7
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Paralysis (10%)

Gareth

A1: Waterfall > 8 + 3 (rainboost) + (4-3 x 1.5) - 1 (sturdy) = [12 Damage] [5 Energy]
A2: Fire Blast > 12 - 3 (raindrop) + (2-2 x 1.5) - 1 (sturdy) x 1.5 = [12 Damage] [8 Energy]

Shocta
A1: Discharge > 8 + 3 + (4-1 x 1.5) + (1-0 x 1.5) x .67 = [11 Damage] [5 Energy]
A2: Discharge > 8 + 3 + (4-1 x 1.5) + (1-0 x 1.5) x .67 = [11 Damage] [9 Energy]

yeah, gg, hax basically made up the game. hey, that's pokemon!

i would personally have spammed Waterfall more. you got the energy to spam consecutive attacks, and the flinch rate could turn the game over in an instant. still, good job for posting your orders so fast guys and take a treat of prizes!

PRIZES!
KO Counters: Argos (1), Dreeko (2), Gareth (1), and Shocta (1)
1 EC and DC: Maximus, Argos, Gareth, Shocta, Dreeko, and Flicka
2 MC: Maximus, Argos, Gareth, Shocta, Dreeko, and Flicka
2 Trainer Counters: AlphaJolt and deadfox081
4 Ref Tokens: Flora

thanks for putting up with me! lol i'm not getting any homework done.

GG AlphaJolt, ended up being a very close one.

Thanks for stepping in to ref too Flora, we basically got the whole battle done in a day and a half in the end, which is very cool.

Now to spend prizes!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
OH WAIT. MC is 2! Sorry about that! Fixing that up!

(I forgot about the SotG change.)

Okay, there you go. You got another MC to spend for your guys!

Firstly, good game deadfox, it was a lot of fun. Hax made it both funny and very tense at the end (frickin 7 hp) haha. Secondly, thank you to Flora for being such a diligent ref and putting up with so many of my questions about game mechanics and such :) PRIZE TIME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)