[AMA] Redew

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I am not as boring as I seem!

This Ask Me Anything (AMA) thread is a resource provided to you by the Smogon Mentorship Program. In it, feel free to ask this mentor about anything you'd like. They're most prepared to answer Smogon-related questions, but don't be afraid to ask them about their personality and life outside of this site. Have some patience when you post a question in this thread; it will likely take the mentor a few days to reply. If you're looking for our up-to-date list of mentors, check out our Mentor Profiles onsite. Read through their relevant information below, and enjoy!

Timezone: GMT -6

Language: English

Content Areas: Contributions & Corrections, The Smog, Pokemon Showdown!

Well-known Contribution: He has done a lot of GP work for Smogon.

Hobbies: Regular video games (Xbox), Pokemon, music (he plays a lot of brass instruments.)

Interesting Fact: In late-DPP, he didn't think Garchomp, Palkia, or Latias were Uber. He also wrestles!

Last edited:

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What was the first thing you did on smogon? The first thing I remember seeing you in was the Grammar Dojo, and of course being on GP team together :) but what initially brought you to Smogon?

wow that postcount =(
Do you do much besides GP on smogon?
How long did it take to become GP?
Are you a better gper than user gatodelfuego?

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What was the first thing you did on smogon? The first thing I remember seeing you in was the Grammar Dojo, and of course being on GP team together :) but what initially brought you to Smogon?
The first thing I did on Smogon was RMT (barely anything is still from that because I deleted it.) It was so bad. The thing that really brought me to Smogon was the RMT section. I thought I was hot stuff on Serebii, but I soon found out that that was not the case. User Flora really poked me to do C&C stuff, because I wanted a Researcher badge, but that was in the middle of BW so there was no chance of me getting that. I posted in the Research Thread once and that was it (iirc.) She prodded me to do GP and then I did that forever until I got accepted, and kept with it.
wow that postcount =(
Do you do much besides GP on smogon?
How long did it take to become GP?
Are you a better gper than user gatodelfuego?
It's small for how long I've been here :(
I don't, no, but I plan on doing more work for the Competitor and The Smog!
It took me three applications to become GP (about a year because I wasn't very active.) I finally did when Jelli was head because I felt comfortable enough to bug him and then one day I was on. ~(^.^)~
I am a better being than user firecat.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You can still get the Researcher badge once PokeBank comes live! It's even getting delays and stuff. Or do you not have the 6th gen games or something? :(

What was your past username again? I always forget. lololol

What's a Redew?

Do you like GPing?

Favorite candy?

Caps Lock on y/n?

meow

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
You can still get the Researcher badge once PokeBank comes live! It's even getting delays and stuff. Or do you not have the 6th gen games or something? :(

What was your past username again? I always forget. lololol

What's a Redew?

Do you like GPing?

Favorite candy?

Caps Lock on y/n?

meow
No 5 gen games :( Although, I might be able to download a program that lets me play it idk

DarumakkaImposter

It was originally Red, but I thought people would make fun of me (I was still new to Smogon and thought everyone would hate me if I posted and was not a good battler) so I was talking to blarajan about how it was not finished and he said he would take care of it. He talked to ibo and got it 'fixed' so yayyy ty blarajan again

I LOVE GPing! Although I am not as active as I was, I still enjoy it very much. It helps me with papers in school, and because I want to be an English teacher, it will help me better instruct my students in grammar.

Probably sour gummy worms. I can't have chocolate because allergic :(

YES VERY

meow meow meow

meow

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
Add
Delete
Comments

Thanks for taking the time to share this, ; I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic.

This was written very well; all you needed was a few corrections.

GP 1/2

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
I am actually planning on being an English teacher after high school. I have thrown around the idea of a lot of different things, but I have always been able to teach and do really well in English, so it kind of fits, I guess, haha. I am also debating whether or not to do something with music or Sign Language, because both come naturally to me and are pretty easy. I hate to sound like I'm bragging, but it's true. These subjects just come easier to me than some. I picked up the baritone a few weeks ago and can play it better than someone I know who has been playing it for over a year (and they went from a valve instrument to a valve instrument, whereas I we from a slide instrument to a valve instrument.) Sign Language is also really fun because I love the deaf community and being able to help people out in general, so being an interpreter would be really fun.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
  • What got you into pokemon itself?
  • Do you like dogs?
  • When did you become a mentor?
  • Favorite pokemon?
I had a Gameboy color as a kid, as well as Yellow, so I've always been a fan, but I never really got in to it until I had a trip to Utah. My cousins were playing Ruby and Sapphire, and I thought it was really cool, so, being the six-year-old I was, I wanted Ruby. I got my aunt to buy it for me despite my mother's objections, and the rest is history!

I LOVE dogs!! I really want a great dane when I get my own house.

February 1st of last year, but I left for a time around October (or even before then). I became reinstated as a mentor a few weeks ago and have been working hard ever since!

DRATINI

I had a Gameboy color as a kid, as well as Yellow, so I've always been a fan, but I never really got in to it until I had a trip to Utah. My cousins were playing Ruby and Sapphire, and I thought it was really cool, so, being the six-year-old I was, I wanted Ruby. I got my aunt to buy it for me despite my mother's objections, and the rest is history!

I LOVE dogs!! I really want a great dane when I get my own house.

February 1st of last year, but I left for a time around October (or even before then). I became reinstated as a mentor a few weeks ago and have been working hard ever since!

DRATINI
Sweet! But I have more questions!
  • Least favorite pokemon?
  • Favorite tier?

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
why do you use gay mega lucario

why are you so adorable

to make this post useful: if i was a new contributor looking to gp, where would i start

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
why do you use gay mega lucario

why are you so adorable

to make this post useful: if i was a new contributor looking to gp, where would i start
why do use gay urself

idk jeans i guess??? also my dancing bear avatars are the BEST

http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue17/gp is a great place to start! It's long, but you better get used to that if you want to GP. Another great resource to look at is our Spelling and Grammar Standards (you might as well make that your Bible when you first amcheck). Also!!!! Another good thing to reference is The Big Blue Book of Grammar. I found this by reading some old &C posts and saw that Rising_Dusk posted the link (where did he go ?_?). Anyway, Oglemi has also written some GP guides int Past Gen C&C that are useful to read too!! Happy checking!

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What areas of Smogon do you want to contribute more to this year and why?

From a competitive standpoint, what is your favorite Pokemon? (no, dratini is not a valid answer)

If a new user were aiming to their first badge in C&C, what advice would you give them?

how are you so tall?

o 3 o ?

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
What areas of Smogon do you want to contribute more to this year and why?

From a competitive standpoint, what is your favorite Pokemon? (no, dratini is not a valid answer)

If a new user were aiming to their first badge in C&C, what advice would you give them?

how are you so tall?

o 3 o ?
Mainly mentoring and probably The Smog. I feel like I owe a lot to the Mentor program because I got our first ever mentee, but now he's gone because I left Smogon for a bit and blahhh. :( Smog because I like to HTML and I can't wait to do more of that.

Hmm... Probably has to be Latios. I've used him (and Dragons) the most out of my competitive career (if you can call it a 'career').

Definitely try out everything C&C has to offer, and if you're unsure about what to do (how to write analyses/GP etc.) you can always PM me or another GP member/go on #C&C on IRC to find people too. C&C can be intimidating, especially when a tier is trying to get a lot of backed up work done. But, if you are diligent at your work, as well as produce quality > quantity, you'll definitely be on the fast track to a badge.

Idk. I don't feel that tall, but people always tell me I am (6' 4"). It's hard to fit in cars which SUCKS

o 3 o 3 o 3 o 3 o 3 o 3 o 3 o 3 o 3 o 3 o 3 o

whats a VM wall and how do u activate it ?
and also is there anywhere where i can like train or get strategies or guidance to help build my team ?
I'm new to competitive battling so I'm seeking some help
to perfect my team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)