1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Amazing Choice Band Hydreigon Set

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by epikkyogre78, May 2, 2013.

1. epikkyogre78

epikkyogre78 Banned deucer.

Hello, epikkyogre78 here, and today I'd like to share with you guys a set that this really awesome guy named CrasherChase made, which showcases Hydreigon...holding a Choice Band? WTF?
    The link to CrasherChase's channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CrasherChase
    Now, Hydreigon is mostly known as a devastating special attacker. Its standard set is amazing and all, but no one pays any attention to his physical attack, which is actually pretty decent. And with a Choice Band equipped, it becomes a tremendous physical attacker. Oh, does your opponent want to switch in his Ferrothorn to take a Draco? No problem, as after a couple layers of Spikes, Ferrothorn is cleanly 2HKO'ed on the switch by a Choice Banded Superpower. I have tried this set out myself, and it is a VERY underrated physical threat in the current OU metagame. In fact, when I first tried him out, he took down TWO POKEMON, and GREATLY WEAKENED TWO OTHERS. And from there, my Ferrothorn could wall and take down the rest of my opponent's team. THIS SET SHOULD BE ONE OF THE STANDARD SETS ON SMOGON, WHO'S WITH ME?

Hydreigon
    @Choice Band
    Trait:Levitate
    Nature:Jolly or Adamant
    EV Spread:252Attack/252Speed/4HP
    MOVESET
    Outrage
    Superpower
    Crunch
    U-Turn/Earthquake

Thank you for reading my set idea thread for Hydreigon, please tell me what you think in your reply.
    All credits go to CrasherChase.
  2. tehy

tehy

Firstly, don't put smilies in your title, and just say Choice Band Hydreigon. Anyone viewing this thread is already discounting your suggestion.

I'd cut out the beginning part entirely. Maybe just say "with credit to CrasherChase"...if anything. And you do that at the end, so...

Cut out the caps. Entirely. And the last sentence of the beginning part, the all-in-caps one. You can post replays if you really think it helps your case, by the way, but one instance where it worked isn't exactly proof. Also, Hydreigon can already torch Ferrothorn with Fire Blast, so stomping it isn't much proof.

Try using the standard format for your sets. You can find it in one of the announcements in any of these subforums.

As a final note, most people think (rightly so) that Youtube battlers suck, so I wouldn't introduce your set with that information. In general, whenever you're introducing something marginal like this, you want to show people you're serious. If you just come off as a newb, your set will just be ignored.

Edit: And put the tag as Quality Control, and then put in WIP, or qc 0/3 if you think this is ready to be reviewed by the Quality Control team. I don't think it is yet, but it might be.

Double Edit: Sorry, but I have no desire to test CB hydreigon.
    Also: http://www.smogon.com/forums/announcement.php?f=156&a=227. That link is how to format sets. Leave out the ability unless someone might not know which one to use, which doesn't apply in this case.
  3. epikkyogre78

I was kind of hoping to hear your opinion about the set, maybe test it out, not just tell me what to (ahem) correct and whatnot.
    Ok I'll put the tags to any of my set ideas to Quality Control from now on, but seriously what's your opinion on the Hydreigon set
  4. Spirit

Spirit
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Aside from the fact that this thing is outclassed, you need to follow the format if you want to be taken seriously.
  5. epikkyogre78

Ok sorry I didn't know about the format sue me I'll edit it
  6. NixHex

NixHex what is béisbol
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

You seem eager so I'd like to direct you to the Smogon Mentorship program. Also, as tehy said, you need to post sets in the right format. Look at some of the other threads in this forum to get the idea. Just don't use the phrase "the crux of this set" please :-P welcome to Smogon!
  7. epikkyogre78

Hey if one of you Quality Control guys are out there viewing this thread tell me what you think about the set.
  8. epikkyogre78

What do you think, alexwolf?
  9. epikkyogre78

If you let me go on to the copyediting stage I will rewrite it in the right format.
  10. epikkyogre78

Ginjaninja? Alexwolf? NixHex? What do you think about the set? Please answer me.
  11. ginganinja

ginganinja Member of the Gamefreak ORAS Balancing Team
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Hey man QC here, fucking stop triple posting or ill infract you.

Also this set is pretty heavily outclassed by Dragonite / Kyurem-B / Chomp I guess

In addition your presentation is shit, so you are hardly the sort of author I would feel comfortable writing an analysis.

QC REJECTED 1/3

Have a nice day
  12. shrang

shrang Go to your room
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

QC REJECTED 2/3
  13. AccidentalGreed

AccidentalGreed HOMERUN, CABRONES
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

This thread is unsalvageable.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)