American Horror Story: Coven

is the complaint that it's campy and nowhere near as dark or scary as the previous 2 seasons valid? i really liked asylum but it was helped immensely by just the premise of it taking place in an asylum...im not sold on witches and the complaints i've heard so far was that its just a much lighter tone than the previous seasons. i'll try to check it out whenever i can find this 1st episode but what are your thoughts on that?

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
i think the plot is probs the best one so far, but i guess it depends. i think people say it's more campy because the focus is on girls and i suppose it makes it seem more of a teen drama with a horror/thriller twist to it, but maybe that's why i like it more. give it a watch and form an opinion for yourself i think! even if it isn't exactly your cup of tea ahs is always good (minus the latter bit of season 1)

personally i think this season will be the best > season 2 > season 1

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
spoilers in the hide tag.

is the complaint that it's campy and nowhere near as dark or scary as the previous 2 seasons valid? i really liked asylum but it was helped immensely by just the premise of it taking place in an asylum...im not sold on witches and the complaints i've heard so far was that its just a much lighter tone than the previous seasons. i'll try to check it out whenever i can find this 1st episode but what are your thoughts on that?
tbh I sort of thought the same thing, but after last season, witches were kiiiiiiiiiind of a warm welcome for me. I also don't think by any means that this season has been significantly lighter than past ones. I kind of get it, but I definitely don't think it's to a degree that detracts from the integrity of the show or that it's any less scary than before. Especially after tonight's episode, I definitely feel that this season is one worth watching and that it absolutely isn't lighter at all than previous seasons. Definitely check it out. I sincerely doubt you'll be disappointed, but then again I didn't care much for Asylum and you did, so who knows.

I actually didn't care for asylum that much to be honest. I don't know, I think it was mostly the alien bullshit that made me dislike season two as much as I did.

Season one was my favorite for sure, probably mostly just because it was the original and the one I've watched the most amount of times, so it's easy for me to look back on it fondly. However, I really really agree with you junior about this season. So far, it has been absolutely superb, and it will probably end up being my favorite season if it keeps up like it has. The newest episode in particular I thought was just fucking fantastic. idk how to phrase it exactly right, but it was like the bad side that we love despite the bad (or maybe because of it?) and has always been in control since the beginning of the series kind of gets flopped right back on its ass. It gave us a lot more dynamic and more to think about, and it fueled the supreme vs. jealous one feud that we've seen in the last couple of episodes even moreso than before. I also loved all the zombie shit at the beginning. It was just enough gore without being completely and utterly disgusting, which is fantastic, and it gave us the biggest fright so far of this season imo. PLUS to know for sure (even though we kinda expected it since Madison died) that Zoe is the supreme leaves me wanting to know sososososo much more.

all in all, this is probably my favorite episode in the history of the franchise. I think it was just about perfectly executed, and the acting was phenomenal (though that's pretty much to be expected from this cast, most of which we've known and loved for a couple of years now). I'm so excited for next week, as I always am at the end of every episode of this series.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
bumping the shit out of this for hype. season finale is next wednesday, last episode was crazy as fuck. anyone still watching this?

Personally I don't care for any of the series, and I usually like a good horror movie. But some people in my household do, so I pretty much am forced to watch it. It's ok I guess, but in my mind, it's just a witches only version of harry potter so far, mixing in voodoo and stuff, was expecting Dracula and the werewolf next (especially since season 2 apparently had a mismash of oddball things, even the person in my family who watches it didn't get the alien junk).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)