American Horror Story

Do any of you watch this show? Freak Show recently came out, and I must say, I'm already a big fan of it! The clown just strikes the terror and the way how he never talks is just a great level of spookiness that I quite enjoy. I'm currently watching Season 2, I'm on Episode 12. Season 2 has been fantastic so far, I really like it as well; although, the whole alien thing is a thing I could do without. So, have you guys watched it? Do you like Evan Peters??

for me, season 1 and 2 are the best.

1 was genuinely quite scary (physiological scare, jump scares)

2 was also quite scary with amazing story telling (the best season)

3 was the worst...(teen drama mess and not scary at all)

4 i like it so far. can't wait for lana's episode.

^basically everything Cola said is spot-on in my book. 3 not being scary and being more teen-drama focused didn't necessarily make me stop enjoying it, but it definitely didn't live up to 1 and 2. 2 could have been so much better without the weird-ass alien subplot towards the end, but was the strongest season overall.

i've only seen the first episode of S4 so far but it's starting strong, though honestly nobody's sold me on their acting yet

New episode: Massacres and Matinees! This episode aired last night, I thought it was quite a good episode. Twisty is just pure evil, and trust me, you may be shocked to see him without his smile on! Ryan Murphy also reported that Episode 5 will reveal Twisty's backstory and why he is doing what he does :o.

dandy fucking wrecks, best character by far, reminds me a lot of myself except I'm poor and wouldn't lure random women to their deaths.

I also liked coven the most. yeah, it was a bit more teenage-ish (surprise, the characters were all teenagers), but I felt like it really held true to how a lot of teens would act under those circumstances. it was also the funniest season by far. I didn't care for asylum actually. the alien shit was too far beyond me, and I found it boring lol.

season 2 > 3 > 1

Murder House was prolly too light to my tastes in terms of plot and stuff, a bit boring compared with the rest of seasons, on episode 7 everything was alright like every ghost in the house and an happy family, no comments about the terrible end.

Asylum was the best season technically in my opinion. Why? Most scary one, very active during the entire season each character on a different way and most realistic one.

Coven was a beautiful season, like probably a standard topic (witches) and mostly teenage drama but was great to my tastes. Less gore than season Asylum and more entertaining than Murder House. The black dresses always are a good option..

Jessica Lange *-*

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i dont understand ep 2... the boss lady gives one of the conjoined twins a knife or some shit to kill the other one but wouldn't that ruin the show? like what

i dont understand ep 2... the boss lady gives one of the conjoined twins a knife or some shit to kill the other one but wouldn't that ruin the show? like what
She does it out of jealousy because they can sing better than her. She brought them in for herself not the show lol, so she wants them to kill each other.

i think we can all agree this season is just kind of bad. its still a bit too campy, the music choices are bad in many places (talking about the actual background music, sometimes it sounds like tires screeching or just out of place completely), the acting is stale, and the story just isn't exciting at all. i only look forward to twisty and sometimes dandy. how a show that is so beautifully shot is so bad in many areas blows my mind.

Only watched the first two seasons. Waiting for season 3 to come on Netflix before I start season 4 (yeah I know it's not continuous but whatever).

I like the show, mostly because of Jessica Lange. She's amazing.

one of the issues that AHS has suffered from for a while is that it's being too formulaic with its characters. the novelty of using the same actors between seasons was cute at first, but it became boring after you realized that they were all playing the same role every season - and because of that, you can't help but compare them

Jessica Lange is nowhere near as convincing as she was in Murder House or in Asylum; likewise, Evan Peters had his highlight when he was Tate in Murder House and hasn't been nearly as good since

all of the recurring cast seem like rehashed versions of characters they've been before, except with an accent slapped on here or a birth deformity added on there. at least to me, the only member of the principle cast who has been pulling their weight is Sarah Paulson, and I can't even enjoy Bette and Dot's screentime because they feel so one-dimensionally written

the only thing keeping me coming back to this show this season has been Dandy, who is an absolutely phenomenal character and is a delight to watch (due hugely in part to Finn Wittrock's amazing acting).

this season was such a disappointment.
i've been praying for a frances/lily/angela/kathy led season some time in the future and let them shine instead of constantly having jessica, sarah, and evan taking up all air time.

Last edited:
still liked the season and I actually loved the finale, but I'm looking forward to seeing what they'll do without jessica lange, who is allegedly not returning

my only disappointments with freak show were that there really was no central plotline and that it had so much potential with the concept that just went unrealized (oh also evan peters's mediocre acting in this season)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)