1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

amnesiac

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Bad Ass, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Bad Ass

Bad Ass bombastic intro ;]
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Winneris a GS2 Winner

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
    Trait: Rough Skin
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Substitute
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw

garchomp is my main sweeper, a lot of the time i'll be down and seemingly out and all i have to do is bring in chomper at a good time and i'll sweep. it has saved my ass a lot of times! by nature he forces a lot of switches and his excellent speed tier makes him a prime candidate for salac. sometimes you can strategically swords dance so sub isn't necessary, like once i sd'd on LO scizor bullet punch, and then quaked it to death while he activated my salac. sr resist means i can switch him around without fucking up salac and use him along with keldeo to pressure the other guy. also this guy is pretty much dead weight if the opp has a skarmory which kind of really sucks, but he makes up for it in the other matches!

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 56 Spd / 200 SDef
    Calm Nature
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Recover
    - Baton Pass

my main rain counter and helps me vs landorus and latios. surprisingly bulky, can even wall specs latios indefinitely outside of sand, barring trick. baton pass is so there's no funny business with scizor or tyranitar. hp fire is kind of nice because it can nail skarmory who is otherwise a pain to kill and surprise KOs on scizor and forretress are always nice. pretty much the anchor of my team, since along with hippowdon they can cover most threats as long as i don't play stupid

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Surf
    - Hydro Pump
    - Secret Sword
    - Hidden Power [Ghost]

this is where most of my offensive output comes from. works well with celebi because he can baton pass out of like skarm or tar or sciz or whatever people switch into celebi these days and get off a free attack. also means that i generally don't lose to rain offense since specs hpump OHKOs politoed i think with sr and so every time pony comes out i get a ko. i usually use this one to apply pressure, because without some offense i'd just be switching around until the opponent makes a good play or just plain breaks me. also makes other duder play more cautiously because keldeo + spikes destroys, which i can play to my advantage

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
    Impish Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Slack Off
    - Whirlwind

have to have sand if you ain't using rain so that sun doesn't smash you, and it helps to keep specs keld and tornadus in check. basically use this guy as a catch all, he's really good at getting up rocks and usually i do stuff like leave him in on celebi to eat a weak giga drain and get up my rocks as they do pittance. main switch-in to chomper, rak, volcarona, ttar, gengar, jirachi, etc. only bad part about this is that since he walls so much he can get worn down pretty easily, like if i have to ww a +1 volc or ddnite, i have to play cautiously to not let them set up. but he's pretty much a great failsafe and overall tank

Forretress @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
    Relaxed Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Spikes
    - Rapid Spin
    - Volt Switch
    - Gyro Ball

i hate playing with hazards on my side of the field, they limit my switching and make me feel constricted in the plays that i can make. so forretress can come in on a lot of stuff and spin. he also sets spikes which is great, my team is kind of weak offensively compared to a lot of stuff out there, so the extra damage is great. often used in conjunction with jirachi u-turn, celebi baton pass, and hippowdon ww to rack up good damage before going in for the kill. my best check to terrakion since he can spin away the rocks from the sash version and eat any attack even a cb cc, and from there i can volt or get up a layer. helps me vs those dumb stallish teams since volt switch mauls jellicent and if they don't have a spinner i can have a field day

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 200 Atk / 252 Spd / 56 SDef
    Jolly Nature
    - Iron Head
    - U-turn
    - Ice Punch
    - Trick

glue of my team. checks EVERYTHING that the rest of the team can't. it's great for u-turn abuse, as well. i play this thing kind of conservatively, most of the time it'll be the one to eat the draco meteor if i mispredict and latios gets in for free; it also handles SD chomp, SD rak, gengar if hippo's down, shuts down ddnite, and its nice set of resistances gets it in a lot. like, how mamoswine fucks me over really but usually i can keep it at bay by getting sr+spikes and then using this guy to force it out. same with stuff like tornadus, latias, cube, starmie, thundurus. this is one of my favorite 'mons in bw2 because of how good his typing is. trick is used only occasionally but its often instrumental because if i can trick skarmory chomper will crush, if i trick jelli forrey can have a good match, etc. healing wish doesn't do it for me since jirachi is so integral to the team that i almost never blindly sacrifice him.

well, that's my team. i went about 54-15 with it. the main issues are volcarona, dragonspam, teams with spikes + jellicent, and u-turn landorus.
  2. Mr. Green

Mr. Green

Hey,

Nice team, I have just a few notes. First of all, I do not understand the evs spread Jirachi, the reason for the 56 SDef evs in, I do not need much, just make it less powerful the attack of Jirachi, which in my opinion is not good, Scarf Jirachi is still able to collect quite a good Draco Meteor or Outrage some Pokemon dragon to kill him using Ice Punch, so I do not need those evs if specially to withstand some moves in particular'd move to the attack.
    For Hippowdon, I suggest the evs a little 'more balanced: 252 HP / 124 Def / 134 SDef, so when you put Hippowdon in the field, for example, on a Quiever Dance Volcarona, however, to resist an attack and then send him away used Whirlwind also get more protection to better withstand a Dragonite, Terrakion, Salamence for example.

Keldeo would change for Hidden Power Ghost, which I see only useful against possible Celebi (which in the current metagame you do not see often) and then against Jellicent, on which you can put Celebi safely without fear of any Will-o-Wisp or Toxic, because once you remove Celebi care alone thanks to Natural cure, maybe put Hidden Power Electric, since Gyarados can be a problem for this team, at least with Hidden Power Electric can kill him, obviously before he uses a Dragon Dance or I'll at a faster rate and in the case has Waterfall and Bounce your team have trouble seriously, it would be enough to solve Choice Scarf to Keldeo so it exceeds in speed even after a Dragon Dance, but so would diminish the special attack, which, however, is the powerful especially the two under the same rain water which STAB Surf and Hydro Pump, you see if it is the case of putting Choice Scarf, I know that Gyarados are not as common but if you find yourself on one with Bounce - Waterfall - Substitute - Dragon Dance can make a Dragon Dance gets a little 'a mess then be able to stop him. Also because SubDDance Gyarados usually has investments in HP, then the Volt Switch Forretress is too weak to break the Substitute and send Jirachi to use Trick, that would be the only way to neutralize it.The last thing, which I suppose is an oversight, there are the last 4 evs to Garchomp, I suggest if you have not already done so to put them in defense, in order to make Substitute HP at 25% health remaining at the end with an HP , so there is more possibility to activate the Salac Berry.

Anyway, very cool team and Good luck!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)