ORAS OU Amplified Pressure (Semi Stall)

Intro

Hey guys im back with another Rmt built around the based Fabio himself! I actualy built this team way back in the mega metagross suspect test and it preformed really well suprisingly enough so i decided to revive the team and well...Rmt it! Before actualy going into the team i should explain how it works so here goes nothing!

Pretty much this is a momentum based semi stall team with hazard stacking. Currently hazard stacking is a really good playstyle and when paired up with two very annoying pivots its a really annoying combination to take down. With that said lets get the team preview started!

Team at a Glance

This was the base i started with. Av torn+phys def mega amp perfectly compliment each other being able to check a nice portion of the metagame while also gaining momentum which is always nice on semi stall. When combined with hazards the damage stacks fast.

For the next slot i picked Stallbreaker Heatran. This was mostly becuase i needed a Mon that could trap stuff like clefable which can be a pain for amp and torn to take down otherwise. He also sets rocks as a bonus.

I wanted to finish off the DFS core so i added unaware clefable who can pass wishes to heatran as well as wake up amp from sleep as well as cure other mons from paralisis. Also is my main answer to annoying setup sweepers.

With stealth rocks i wanted to finish off the hazard stacking core but i also needed somthing that can beat excadrill as my team was pretty weak to him. Chestnaught fit this role perfectly as he can do both while also switching into one of keldeo stabs if a really have to.

Last off i needed a spinner. Starmie fit this perfectly as it not only has some nice defensive synergy but also has scald at its disposal to cripple physical attackers as well as get some nice chip damage starm can also switch into mega gross one or twice but mega amp can also do that.

Team Preview

FABIO (Ampharos-Mega) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 224 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Is it even legal to have hair this fantastic? Probably not. Mega ampharos serves as the teams main bird check as well as a defensive pivot to take on a plethoria of physical moves and even some special moves such as charizard-ys fire blast. Thanks to amps bulk it makes for a fantastic pivot that can get pokemon such as heatran for free becuase amp has pretty much the slowest volt switch in the game. Talonflame? amp walls that. Raikou? mega mane? Yup mega amp also handles those. Dragon electric is a suprisingly good defensive typing that comes with several resists that this semi stall team apreicates. As for moves You have volt switch which not only is stab, but also amps way of removing water types and giving on of its teamates a free switch in. Of course if chimpact were here he would say nothings free so yeah... Next up you have dragon pulse which is mega amps secondairy stab that hits ground types like hippo for a good 40% which is pretty cool. Next up you have amps recovery in rest. While rest talkers are pretty rare in ou and fairly easy to take advantage of (see crocune) thanks to amps high uninvested sp.a amp can remain a problem for the oposition even when asleep thanks to sleep talk. Also Fabio always gets the move it wants.

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 168 HP / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave

Continueing the volt-turn core that started with mega amp we have Tornadus-T the second memeber of the volt turn core. Torn serves as the team special defensive pivot switching into things like gengars shadow balls or a flash cannon or fire blast from heatran. With a Av torn perfectly compliments Mega amp by taking some special moves that amp is unable to take. Not only this but torn is probably the most annoying pokemon in ou right now becuase of its high speed and utility with some pretty good coverage to spare. Hurricane serves as torns main stab move with a 30% confusion allowing you to mess around with whatever switches in on torn. U-turn completes the volt turn core with amp while also providing a fast u-turn. Knock off provides needed utility to knock off stuff like life orbs, specs and lefties which can make offensive mons a bit less of a problem or allow the hazard damage to rack up better on defensive pokemon that rely on lefites to recover hp it also hits psychic types decently hard. Last is heat wave which is used to hit stuff like mega metagross,ferrothorn,skarmory and mega scizor for super effective damage, its also is a safer option to hit a weakned serperior with so you dont need to bank on hurricane.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

I was in need of somthing that could switch into fairy type attacks and dragon type moves but on top of that i needed somthing that could set rocks. This made stallbreaker heatran a fantastic partner to pair up with Amp and torn becuase not only can i set rocks which is important for any serious team to have, but i also can take full advantage of magma storm due to how this is a hazard stacking team so the damage racks up pretty fast. I decided on going with a max sp.a/speed becuase i wanted to outspeed common hazard setters which have adapted to the meta by becoming slower and bulkier such as garchomp,landot and hippo. On top of this max speed tran typically outspeeds mew which will pretty much always creep bisharp. Heatrans main job is to cripple switch ins with toxic and stop stall cold preventing them from healing forcing them to switch and take more yummy hazard damage. The sets simple. Magma storm is heatrans main and only attack (rip if facing a pressure mon) that allows him to trap stuff while taking residual damage this works great on hazard stacking as previously mentioned. Next we have taunt which cripples slow set up mons and hazard setters. Next up we have stealth rocks which weakens the opposing side as they switch in. Last we have toxic which is used to cripple pokemon on the switch like water and ground types. This set also completely ruins chansey and clefable which is a blessing for this team.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect

Every defensive team needs a cleric to keep the team healthy as well as heal them of their status ailments. Clefable was probably the best option becuase all the other clerics are just way too passive for my liking and clef also helps stop set up mons which on semi stall is really important. Clefs main goal is to switch into dracos from the latis and stop things such as mega gyara from getting out of hand. Clef also is my main answer to weavile who otherwise is a pretty big threat to this team. Moonblast acts as clefs main stab hitting all but 3 types for neutral damage while also having a nice 30% sp.a drop. Wish is pretty important as not only does it keep clef healthy but it also helps both heatran and chestnaught who relly on passive recovery to recover hp. Next is heal bell which allows me to cure mega amp when its asleep from rest or cure teamates of poison,burn,para and even that annoying freeze that could screw you over otherwise. Last slot is protect which allows clef to safely heal up from its wish. Its also pretty nice to scout a pokemon that ends up choice locking itself into somthing like u-turn such as CB scizor.

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Wood Hammer
- Drain Punch

Im aware people dont really like chess due to how it just sits there most of the time and be annoying BUT i was in need of somthing that can set spikes while also countering excadrill. Chestnaught does just that. Aside from being my main answer to stuff like bisharp and excadrill, chestnaught also puts a stop to landorus-T and with Sd sets becoming really popular recently its nice to have somthing that can stop it completly as opposed to ferrothorn which is set up fauder for sd landot pretty much. Chestnaught complete the hazard stacking core with spikes which allows me to give volt-turn core a lot of trouble as they will end up taking repeated damage from hazards upon switching in. Leeh seed allows ches to recover some hp while also slowly chipping away at the oppoenents hp. Spiky sheild not only give ches free leftover recovery but also damaging the foe if they make contact and with leech seed your going to wittle stuff pretty fast. The last slot is drain punch which hits rock,steel and dark types for super effective damage of course ive been switching between this and wood hammer as the power is probably more worth it.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 236 HP / 28 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

With every stall or semi stall team your going to need a hazard remover mostly because without rapid spin or defog you allow your team to be weakend faster and considering how both these playstyles do require prediction your going to want spikes and rocks removed from the field. Starmie thankfully is one of the best spinners in the tier that can preform a nice defensive supporting role with the ability to check keldeo, remove hazards and Burn everything in sight with scald becuase lets be real, scalds got a 100% chance to burn. The set is straight forward with scald to punish switch ins with a potential burn while also doing decent damage. Psyshock is so that sub cm keldeo does not use starmie as setup fauder while recover allows me to consistently check keldeo and switch into resisted hits. Last off we have rapid spin which naturaly removes hazards on my side on the field while keeping the ones i set on the field.

Conclusion

Honestly i wont lie im not used to using semi stall. EVER. But i wanted to work on being patient so semi stall was the best way to go at it. Ive actualy had quite a bit of fun using this team over the months and im quite proud of it.
Replays:

I dont ladder these days so im kind of short on replays and all the old replays of this team are long gone. Will have some eventualy.

Threatlist:
Gengar
azumarill
Manaphy

Importable:
FABIO (Ampharos-Mega) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 168 HP / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Wood Hammer
- Drain Punch

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 236 HP / 28 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Last edited:

p2

Banned deucer.
Really nice team, but I'd make some minor changes to EV spreads. I'd change Chesnaught to 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe and giving it Wood Hammer > Spiky Shield. This allows you to outspeed max speed Adamant Azumarill and hit it with a Wood Hammer before it can Play Rough your Chesnaught. I'm just suggesting this as Band Azumarill looks like a massive threat to your team, nothing can switch in on it and it seems to be able to get a kill everytime it comes in, this just gives you a way of revenge killing it and Chesnaught can switch into it as long as it comes in on any move that isn't Play Rough. Another change I'd recommend is changing Clefable's EV spread and nature to 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 SpD with a Calm nature as this gives you a way to take on Manaphy, which is very threatening to your team, especially with the standard Scald / Energy Ball / Ice Beam coverage.

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Wood Hammer
- Drain Punch
- Spikes

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Hope I could help!

Sup homie. You already know I like the idea of this team, but I have a few suggestions:
  • First I agree with all the stuff fleggumfl said above, especially changing the Clef spread.
  • I'd change Torn-T's EVs to 160 HP / 96 SpA / 252 Spe. This is enough SpA EVs to kill Keldeo after SR with the rest thrown into HP. That little bit of extra bulk is appreciated in general, but considering this is a bulkier team being semi stall and all, it'll help (even though it's just helping a little).
  • Next, I'd change your Starmie spread to 236 HP / 28 SpD / 244 Spe Timid Nature(spread created by ABR). This spread is really nice in general IMO; it's enough speed to outspeed Scarf Magnezone, HP is a Leftovers #, and the rest is in SpD for bulk.
  • Finally, I just wanna take a safety measure to say don't change Psyshock on Starmie. Gengar is kinda annoying for this team, and Psyshock + your speed allows you to revenge kill in emergency situations (0 SpA Starmie Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 260-308 (100.3 - 118.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO). While this is something rather minor, I still think it makes Psyshock worth keeping for sure.
Hopefully these changes could help dude n_n

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Yeah this is a cute team but you're literally 6-0d by kyu-b/weav so we're gonna have to pull some massive changes

Well we can actually touch upon the minor stuff first: change the amph spread
Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rest
- Dragon Pulse
- Sleep Talk
- Volt Switch

224/68+ ensures you avoid the 2hko from LO gengar, 24 speed outpaces hippo so if that's weakened dpulse can pick it off, rest in defense for birds.

But we gotta get cracking down on our kube problem. Well easily the worst mon on the team imo is chesnut so lets leave that for snacks later and put something else there :]
Well one of the nice things about amphy is that it has electrics covered single-handedly so you can go ahead and stack electric weak shit wherever. But you still need to handle ground types, and keeping hazards would be ideal too. So lets add Skarm>Chesnut. The only problem that really arises is that you cannot beat bisharp now, and sdef skarm can handle fairies, so we can put a bulky nape>tran. This keeps a sciz counter, and a bish counter, and introduces a much harder weavile counter, one that it can't get past with an icicle crash flinch. My nape spread also outpaces max speed gyarados so you can burn that before they dd or sub.
Hell right now weavile doesn't even need to bank on that..
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 248 HP / 176 Def Clefable: 179-212 (45.5 - 53.9%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Skarm also eases your azu problem greatly :]

so basically skarm+nape>tran+chesnut. You lose spikes but get some more solid answers to fairies (mgarde will blast through that heatran, so will mdiancie).
But now we're weaker to serperior and still weak to kube, and I only see torn-t covering serp so it might seem odd but i'm switching that out with volcarona. Max defense volca actually counters kube pretty soundly (when rocks are gone ofc) and obviously checks serp. Our mega ampharos will be countering volc's checks, talon and torn-t, as well, so it's a pretty cool wincon.
56 Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Volcarona: 146-172 (39.1 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

So the sets are here:
Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Roost

Infernape @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off
- Taunt

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Taunt

These are a tad unorthodox but give these changes a shot, I'm sure they'll work out :]

Last edited:
Reactions: zbr
^ bah using my ampharos spread without asking me... For shame Srn ! For Shame! (its okay we still cool buddy :] )

Yea I too see a huge weakness to the offensive ice types of the tier. Basically, instead of changing another mon to specifically handle Cube (which is already a tall order to balance), I would use the Clefable spread suggested above. It can take on Cube decently well, unlike the current spread, which sort of falls flat, taking a lot from Ice Beam, without doing all /that/ much back, or at least for what you would expect. It also still handles non-Poison Jab Weavile, so there's even another reason!

And yeah, I would use those Ampharos EVs. When I made them, I made them to take on a vast array of Pokemon. It still takes on everything that it has for you on your team so far, in addition to a few more (notably, ZardY and Electrics better), while also serving as an emergency check to some things (Gengar, Keldeo, Etc). Spikes support is pretty big with that to nail Hippo on the switch, which you already have which is nice.

Btw, its 88 Special Attack on Tornadus T to ohko Keld After rocks, not 96, so if you use that spread (Which i also recommend!), dump that extra 8 into HP. Every little bit of hp counts, so the extra 8 definitely are nice.

so yea, I'm basically just backing up what some others have said. Good luck with the team! I hope i could help!

moods

Banned deucer.
your team looks really solid, i like how it doesnt loose to the most common stallbreakers like gengar or manaphy :) tho i realized a couple weaknesses that you'd have to patch up:

mega charizard x - clefable is close to checking, tho flare blitz 2hko's, you cant switch into it
mega scizor - superpower variant's can 6-0 your team
opposing stall - most of the good build's are impossible to break for you
gardevoir - if hit's focus blast/carries hp ground its a wrap
3 atks volcarona - the set of qdance, fblast, giga drain and hp ground just wins
what could help with that is making a double change:

put stallbreaker talonflame in heatran's spotspot

rock's hippowdon in tornadus's place

you may go phy defensive rocky helmet hippo since you do not need to check the electric types with it

gl :) also obviouly dont make you chestnaught fast or anything you have clefable to check bd azu lol

Thanks for the rates Srn and Klefki holder. Ill definetly have to try your changes for a bit srn but im not sure about fixing the Sets just yet. Rip M00ns gave me the m amp spread before hand but told me not too add it >_<

moods i dont really agree with some of your changes and you dont exactly explain much of it. Removing torn for hippo is pretty pointless keep in mind this is semi stall and not full stall. im not chari-x weak as i got tran,clef, Torn outspeeds and smacks it with hurricane. Volcaronas not exactly a common threat. Hp ground volcs while a thing are not really worth preping for. Again i got Av torn which checks it and forces it out. Srn already pointed out Sp.def skarm for m gard. M scizor is not a threat. I got m amp, Speedy tran. Not to mention if i like srns changes (again) ill have nape,skarm and volc. Im keeping for chest spread.

Last edited:

moods

Banned deucer.
you seem to not understand what semi stall represtents. its a stall team with a more offensive/set up mon, beeing part of the stall core, while the whole team is meant to support its sweap. the big thing about stall is that even when you are only bit weak to some sweaper, your game is lost from turn 1. i dont get why you dont like having a solid switch in for at least the most popular mega's like zardx and scizor. i get that you probably play on really low ladder and you are able to outplay other idiots even when they have a set game winning mon but i promise you you wont ever win a game againt any decent player with zardx, mscizor stall or volcarona. id really love to hear why you dont want to make these changes?

Thanks for the rates moods,Srn and Klefki holder. Ill definetly have to try your changes for a bit srn but im not sure about fixing the Sets just yet. Rip M00ns gave me the m amp spread before hand but told me not too add it >_<
But the threats that really scare this team are kyurem,azu and weavile. Srns changes are much better. All of the changes you sugested make me even weaker to said threats above. Btw im not low ladder. second i quit laddering becuase i got tired of it. Third i was ranked 1700s. Dont assume. Last if i was low ladder this rmt wouldent be written this well.

moods

Banned deucer.
But the threats that really scare this team are kyurem,azu and weavile. Srns changes are much better. All of the changes you sugested make me even weaker to said threats above. Btw im not low ladder. second i quit laddering becuase i got tired of it. Third i was ranked 1700s. Dont assume. Last if i was low ladder this rmt wouldent be written this well.
clefable counters the 3 mons you just mentioned

clefable counters the 3 mons you just mentioned
I'm pretty sure Clef doesn't come in on Kyub, CB Azu, or pjab weav.

Anyways, Hoopa-U really can slam this team hard but then again it kind of just ruins all defensive teams. What's your game plan upon seeing it at team preview besides trying to get torn in safely and clicking u-turn?

I'm pretty sure Clef doesn't come in on Kyub, CB Azu, or pjab weav.

Anyways, Hoopa-U really can slam this team hard but then again it kind of just ruins all defensive teams. What's your game plan upon seeing it at team preview besides trying to get torn in safely and clicking u-turn?
Sadley you cant really prep for hoopa-U lol The only real switch in is drapion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)