An animated battle for you!

Celebi: Hey Heatran, lets be friends, ok? You´ll eat those yummy Fire Blats and I´ll sponge the Earthquakes.
Heatran: Yeah!-holds Celebi hand- lalalalalalala we are Celetran team.

And thats how one of the best combos appeared, seriously, that thing is so cool, I love Heatran´s face

Work's been piling up lately, so work on CapFight is on hold for the time being. I've started Stratagem, but won't be able to devote the time towards its completion for another few weeks.

In the meantime...some doodle-in-Flash-while-on-the-phone sketches...pruney-lip Gyarados and best-as-I-can-remember-old-school Rhydon

i love old school rhydon, he's so fat

i think as pokemon generations went on rhydon lost more and more fat, seriously just compare sprites and stuff

Duskie

Boats n Hoes
i love old school rhydon, he's so fat

i think as pokemon generations went on rhydon lost more and more fat, seriously just compare sprites and stuff
Thank god i'm not the only one who noticed this.Yes ,old school Rhydon kicks ass.

LOVE the Rhydon, and the Gyarados sort of reminds me of the River Spirit from Spirited Away, kind of. That is a compliment!
Edit: I just also wanted to get in that the eyes on your Rhydon are perfectly represented in it's Green sprite. Excellent work!

Rhydon through the years. He was still pretty fat in Silver, and he gained some weight back in FR/LG. I think from that he slimed down just a tad in D/P/P. He looks skinniest in Gold and Crystal I think.

Yes, I know I just spent however many minutes searching and copy/pasting Rhydon sprites, but it's late and I'm bored.

actually, i've just noticed: i dont think it lost fat, its head simply got smaller/the body and limbs got bigger. it gives a fake illusion of losing fat. i think rhydon went to work out on the gym after the older generations!

however, rhydon's stadium model looks fat as all hell. I havent seen its PBR model though, so i cant compare :X

sorry to de-rail your thread for a second there, cartoons! post more trainers, i'm still eagerly awaiting the tamer

So the CAP Fighting project isn't actually dead! In fact, the first five characters are complete (though I will be tweaking and adding to them over the next few weeks).
I'm in stage production right now, and thought I'd share what Syclant's stage looks like. I'm getting original music done for these which leaves only sound effects and voices after the stages are done.

Voices should be fun...but hey, if anyone wants to save myself and my friends some embarrassment, perhaps there'd be some volunteers on Smogon who'd like to send in a sample of their voicework for a CAPmon of their choice (via PM)?

There's a need for
Syclant - not really sure what he'd sound like, probably sinister
Revenankh - I guess deep and ghostly...will probably be put through a sound program
Pyroak - husky?
Fidgit - child-like
Stratagem - would he even have a voice?

Anyway...Syclant's stage:

Just out of curiosity are you gonna put up videos displaying stratagem? I realize you have a lot of work to do and understand if its not at the top of your priority list, But I love those videos :)

Gawd, just when I thought you had reached the epitome of creative genius and talent, you come out making a whole fuckin game!

If there is one thing I love more than pokemon, it is fighting games. I think you're brilliant, and this game looks awesome. Everything, from the drawn sprites, to the personality conveyed in the moves, to the differentiated playstyles is awesome. I had no idea you were a game maker.

I want to play the DEMO!

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i don't think stratagem would have a voice at all (nor revenankh, now that i think about it), but rather a sort of chiming of notes

you could try to emulate a high quality version of the old gb games' pokemon cries, though that might be another slew of work

just an idea. syclant's stage looks great

Whether your animating Pokemon, caricaturing Trainers, or creating a game, your work always amazes me cartoons!

I have a suggestion for Revenankh's voice in the game. I think that it should be deep, sinister, and calm, except when he's pulling off powerful attacks. When he does powerful attacks, he should sound sinister, slighty less deep, and angry. Oh, and I can't wait to see the different stages in your game!

That's just plain incredible. I never imagined Stratagem standing up like that, but I guess something that just flew everywhere would be weird in a fighting game.

All the CAP Pokemon are excellent, but to see them moving and fighting? Damn... just... damn...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)