An Ax and a Doorknob? Ax's debut!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome, once again, to the ASB arena everyone! It appears that in one corner, we have a veteran of ASB, Doorknob, and in the other we have a newcomer, and also a fellow scrambler, Axmaster68!

I'd like to request a Beginner's battle, as a welcome to CAP ASB.
Rules:
-3v3 Singles
-2 Day DQ time
-No Subs
-All Abilities
-No Items
-Please, keep in mind I've never battled before.
I will accept that, Axmaster68.
The derpiest man I know said:
Ill take this, PM me your Pokemon fellas!
Switch = KO, for simplicity

Edit: arena. Important. Herpaderp. Asb Arena, only because it's Ax's first battle.
What shall our competitor's teams be? Will Doorknob be a jerk and completely counter-team Ax?!
Axmaster68 said:
Hey again! Here's my CAP ASB Team, starting with Wotter the Mudkip:

Mudkip [Wotter] (Male)
Nature: Relaxed (+1 Def, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)
Type: Water
Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Ability 1: Torrent(Innate)
When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the Base Attack Power of any water attack is increased by two (2). (eg Water Pulse goes from 6 to 8, Hydro Pump from 12 to 14)

Ability 2: Damp (DW-Locked)
This Pokemon releases a damp mist upon entry into battle that short circuits the opponent’s ability to use Selfdestruct or Explosion.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 3 (+)
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 38 (37?) (-)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks (13):
Tackle(*)
Growl(*)
Mud-Slap(*)
Water Gun(*)
Bide(*)
Foresight(*)
Mud Sport(*)

Curse(*)
Counter(*)
Avanlanche(*)

Waterfall(*)
Rock Slide(*)
Dig(*)

Here's Professor the Rebble:

Rebble [Professor] (Gender)
Nature: Modest
Type: Rock
Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.

Abilities:
Ability 1:Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Bulldoze, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.
Ability 2: Technician: (Innate) This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally deal 6 or below base damage to have their base damage multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) damage, and the Energy Cost for multi-hit attacks is increased by two (2).
Ability 3:Mold Breaker (DW-Locked): Whenever this Pokemon attacks, it emits an invisible, blindingly quick pulse preceding the attack that disables the opponents natural abilities (e.g. Levitators plummet towards the ground before Earthquake hits, Volt Absorb will not absorb electric attacks, Clear Body does not prevent stat-drops, etc.)

Stats:
Atk: Rank 1(-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4(+)
Spe: 90
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 14

EC:0/9
MC:0
DC:0/5

Attacks:
Tackle(*)
Defense Curl(*)
Rollout(*)
Rock Blast(*)
Disable(*)
Acupressure(*)
Mud Shot(*)
Power Gem(*)

Earth Power(*)
Heat Wave(*)
Ominous Wind(*)

Energy Ball(*)
Flamethrower(*)
Volt Switch(*)

Total Attacks:14

And finally, Shocky the Magnimite:

<Magnimite> [Shocky] (Gender)
Nature: Timid(Speed *1.15, +8% Accuracy, Attack -1)
Type: Electric/Steel
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.

Abilities:
Ability 1:Magnet Pull: (Can be Activated) This Pokemon has the ability to generate a magnetic field that can attract or repulse Steel-type Pokemon. When attracted by Magnet Pull, Steel-types cannot move out of the immediate proximity without great difficulty, and can be pulled along by the Magnet Pull Pokemon. When repulsed, the Steel type is thrust violently away and contact attacks have immense difficulty striking the Magnet Pull Pokemon. The effect of both commands lasts for the following three (3) actions.
Ability 2:Sturdy: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing damage from an opponents attacks by one (1) damage. The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) damage.
Ability 3:Analyze (DW-Locked): If this Pokemon attacks second during an action, its attack has +5% (flat) more accuracy do two (2) more damage. However, the opponents attacks have +10% (flat) accuracy.

Stats:
HP: 80
Atk: Rank 1(-)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3
Spe: 52(+)

EC:0/9
MC:0
DC:0/5

Attacks:
Metal Sound(*)
Tackle(*)
Thundershock(*)
Supersonic(*)
Sonicboom(*)
Tunder Wave(*)
Spark(*)

Signal Beam(*)
Rollout(*)
Swift(*)

Thunderbolt(*)
Substitute(*)
Hidden Power(Fire 7)(*)

Total Attacks:13

I await the OP!!
Doorknob said:

Magikarp [Viking] (M)
Nature:
Impish (+1 Def, -1 SpA)
Type:
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities
Swift Swim: (Innate) The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast in slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its Speed in the rain.
Rattled (DW Locked): (Innate) These Pokemon are more easily frightened by Ghost-, Bug-, and Dark-typed attacks and will raise their Speed by one (1) stage when struck by attacks of those types. A boost gained this way by an opponent's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 1
Def: Rank 3 (+)
SpA: Rank 0 (-)
SpD: Rank 1
Spe: 80
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 9

EC: 1/6
MC: 2
DC: 1/5

Attacks:
Splash
Tackle

Reversal
Bubble

Bounce
Total: 5

Buneary [Peach] (F)
Nature:
Naughty (+1 Atk, -1 SpD)
Type:
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Abilities
Run Away: (Innate) This Pokemon is quick on its feet and will evade any field traps and hazards that would harm it (Spikes, Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes) in an arena. A Pokemon can still absorb Toxic Spikes if it has Run Away and is Poison-typed. Run Away does not allow the Pokemon to switch out of trapping moves or abilities, however it can escape other situational trapping strategies in battle.
Klutz: (Can be Disabled) The Pokemon moves in a rare style of battling that uses an unpredictable, clumsy looking manner. The accuracy of its attacks are increased by 10% (flat). While engaging in this style it cannot use a hold item, though an item is necessary to pull it off.
Limber (DW Locked): (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is well trained and immune to paralysis.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 85
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 3/6
DC: 1/5

Attacks:
Splash
Pound
Defense Curl
Foresight
Endure
Frustration
Quick Attack
Jump Kick
Bounce
Charm

Encore
Fake Out
Circle Throw

Protect
Dig
Thunder Wave

Total: 14

Drowzee [Phony] (M)
Nature:
Quiet (+Sp Atk, -Speed)
Type:
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic regardless of Special Attack Rank. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities
Insomnia: (Innate) This Pokemon is immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. It's normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage and energy/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action. If a Pokemon with Insomnia also has Vital Spirit, its accuracy is raised by one (1) stage permanently.
Forewarn: (Innate) This Pokemon has the ability to sense the opponents super-effective, OHKO, and explosive attacks, and has a percentage (%) chance to evade equal to one (1) plus (+) double (x2) the move's base attack power. This percentage chance (%) is applied to the attacking move's base accuracy.
Inner Focus (DW Locked): (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 36 (42/1.15=36)
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3

EC: 0/6
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Pound
Hypnosis
Disable
Confusion
Headbutt
Poison Gas
Meditate

Assist
Role Play
Fire Punch

Shadow Ball
Psychic
Thunder Wave

Total: 13
It appears that no, Doorknob is not a jerk! Well, its that time again to give your attention to the Trainers, as we're about to begin!

Ax will send out his first Pokémon
Doorknob will send out his first Pokémon and issues his first three actions
Ax issues his first three actions
I ref like a bawse

Okay guys, it's time for our first battle! Let's do our best! Now, let's start with Professor the Rebble!

I send out Professor the Rebble.

Let's go Phony! You should be able to handle this the best of all of us!

No substitutions makes this quite difficult, so all out offense (with a little bit of status!) is the only optimal route!

Thunder Wave ~ Poison Gas ~ Psychic

Okay Professor, let's do what you do best: Offense. Start with an Ominous Wind, follow up with Flamethrower, and finish with another Ominous Wind.

Summary:
Ominous Wind--->Flamethrower--->Ominous Wind

Welcome, once again, one and all to the ASB arena, the place where dreams begin, end, and continue! The two fighters have decided on their first Pokemon and actions, its time for them to act!
Pre-Round stats:

Phony
EN: 100

Professor

Calcs:
Action 1
Ominous Wind -> Phony (6 EN)
Forewarn evasion chance: 1+6(2) = 13
RNG roll (to hit, <=9570 hit) 6664 = hit
RNG roll (to crit, <=625 crit) 6413 = no crit
RNG roll (to raise stats, <=1000 raise) 8225 = no raise
((6x1.5)+(4-3)1.5)(1.5) = 15.75 ~ 16 DMG

Thunder Wave -> Professor (7 EN)
Professor was paralyzed! (25% para chance)

Action 2
Poison Gas -> Professor (7 EN)
RNG roll (to hit, <=8000 hit) 2389 = hit
Professor was poisoned!
Professor's accuracy fell!

Flamethrower -> Phony (7 EN)
RNG roll (full para, <=2500 para) 7801 = no para
RNG roll (to hit, <=8250 hit) 710 = hit
RNG roll (to crit) 8992 = no crit
RNG roll (to burn, <=1000 burn) 6345 = no burn
(10+(4-3)1.5) = 11.5 ~ 12 DMG

Poison DMG -> Professor (2 DMG)

Action 3
Psychic -> Professor (4+2/2 = 5 EN)
RNG roll (to crit) 7301 = no crit
RNG roll (to lower SpD, <=1000 lower) 5692 = no lower
(8+3+(3-2)1.5) = 12.5 ~ 13 DMG

RNG roll (full para) 9892 = no para
Ominous Wind -> Phony (6 EN)
Forewarn evasion chance: 1+6(2) = 13
RNG roll (to hit, <=7178 hit) 5391 = hit
RNG roll (to crit) 7990 = no crit
RNG roll (to raise stats) 9039 = no raise
((6x1.5)+(4-3)1.5)(1.5) = 15.75 ~ 16 DMG

As we begin our first round, the noobie wastes no time in going fully offensive! The little Drowzee realizes, even before the attack, that it would be super-effective, and he attempts to avoid it, but to no use! The little rock named for a Professor of Science (probably) summons a dark wind and nails Phony! Phony isn't just going to sit down and let this beating take place, and he fires off a giant Thunder Wave, crippling Rebble immensely!

Gloating about how he is now faster, Phony fires off a cloud of Poison Gas... POISON GAS?! -runs to grab a gas mask- What the heck kind of attack is THAT?! Don't you know you can kill me Doorknob?!?! Anyways, back to the battle at hand, it appears that Professor's vision is completely blinded by the gas, and he's now poisoned! Strangely enough, it seems that Phony isn't phased by this at all! Trying to collect itself, Professor fires off a Flamethrower at Phony! This Rebble sure is lucky, as it hit even through all these accuracy modifiers!

Phony decides that he has crippled Professor enough, and he picks the pile of rock up with Psychic energy, spins it around a bit, then slams it straight into the walls of the arena! Frazzled, but certainly nowhere near being defeated, Professor picks himself up and launches another Ominous Wind straight at Phony! Even with Forewarn and the accuracy drop from the Poison Gas still lingering around, everything seems to be hitting, probably because of his Quiet nature!

Will Axmaster continue the beating of this anteater tapir (meh, close enough...), or does Doorknob have a trick up his sleeve that will send Ax on a run for his money?! Stay tuned!

Post-Round stats:

Phony
HP: 46
EN: 81

Professor
HP: 73
Paralyzed (drop to 20%)
Poisoned (2 DMG per action)
-1 Accuracy (decays in 2a)

Axmaster makes his actions
Doorknob makes his actions
I ref again

Okay Professor(yes he is named after a Professor of Science), let's start with a Heat Wave, follow with an Ominous Wind, and finish with another Heat Wave.

Summary: Heat Wave--->Ominous Wind--->Heat Wave
If Drowzee disables Heat Wave, replace it with Flamethrower.
If Drowzee disables Ominous Wind(since I used it last), replace it with Earth Power.

While those actions are legal Ax, the substitutions you made ("If Drowzee disables Heat Wave, replace it with Flamethrower" or "If Drowzee disables Ominous Wind(since I used it last), replace it with Earth Power")are not. When you asked for the battle, you said no subs, and that is what it means. If you want to re-order, I'll allow it, but right now I have to completely ignore the substitutions.

@ Ax, for future reference, what you're thinking of is Switch = KO/ OK

Oh, whoops. I meant no subs for pokemon switches, but I guess I should have said that outright. I'll keep my current order, then.(man I'm off today)

I fixed the previous reffing. Even though you owe me one for almost poisoning me...

Post-Round stats:

Phony
HP: 46

Professor
HP: 73
Paralyzed (drop to 20%)
-1 Accuracy (decays in 2a)

Chimmycalcy or Calcychonga?
Action 1
Disable -> Professor (7 EN)
Professor's Ominous Wind was disabled!

RNG roll (full para, <=2000 para) 9969 = no para
Heat Wave -> Phony (7 EN)
RNG roll (to hit, <=7425 hit) 3743 = hit
RNG roll (to crit) 6284 = no crit
RNG roll (to burn, <=1000 burn) 3306
(10+1.5) = 11.5 ~ 12 DMG

Poison DMG (2 DMG)

Action 2
Psychic -> Professor (4+2/2 = 5 EN)
RNG roll (to crit) 1044 = no crit
RNG roll (to lower SpD, <=1000 lower) 1743 = no lower

RNG roll (full para) 1054 = full para
Professor was fully paralyzed! (Para chance drop to 15%)

Poison DMG (2 DMG)

Action 3
Psychic -> Professor (4+2/2 +4 = 9 EN)
RNG roll (to crit) 1476 = no crit
RNG roll (to lower SpD, <=1000 lower) 5350 = no lower

RNG roll (full para, <=1500 para) 4277 = no para
Heat Wave -> Phony (7 EN)
RNG roll (to hit, <=9000 hit) 2797 = hit
RNG roll (to crit) 4916 = no crit
RNG roll (to burn, <=1000 burn) 7784 = no burn
(10+1.5) = 11.5 ~ 12 DMG

Poison DMG (2 DMG)

After not much wait, welcome back to our fight folks! Doorknob's TAPIR (are you happy now? -.-) reaches deep into Professor's mind, and literally deletes all memories of Ominous Wind! However, its not going to help Phony right now, as Professor is going to fire off a giant Heat Wave... of course, this is affecting me too. GET ME SOME GODDAMN WATER!!! -faints from exhaustion-

-one smelling salt later- WHAT?! Oh, hey. ... I really don't think I want to know. Anyways, it appears that Phony is repeating the old tactic of slamming opponents into the ground with Psychic powers! Huh? It appears that Rebble can't move at all! He's fully paralyzed!

You know what? You guys need to get some new tactics. I mean, throwing Professor into the walls gets boring after seeing it so many times. And ANOTHER Heat Wave? I mean, really? Do either of you give a damn about my amusement/ health? Well, at least that Toxic cloud is gone, and I can finally take this gas mask off.

GET SOME NOTABLE HAX UP IN DIS BITCH, WOULD YOU!?

Post-Round stats:

Phony
HP: 22
EN: 60

Professor
HP: 41
EN: 67
Paralyzed (drop to 10%)
Disabled (Ominous Wind- decays in 3a)

Make your move Doorknob!

Okay Professor, it's time to end this. Start with a SUPER HEAT WAVE COMBO, then relax with the cooldown, and if the round hasn't ended by now, finish with a Heat Wave.

Summary: Heat Wave+ Heat Wave Combo--->Cooldown--->Heat Wave
If You are flinched by Fake Out A1(since Assist is being used), move the combo to A2.

Pre-round flavor

Pre-Round stats:

Phony
HP: 22
EN: 60

Professor
HP: 41
EN: 67
Paralyzed (drop to 10%)
Disabled (Ominous Wind- decays in 3a)

Calcs
Action 1
RNG roll (for move, 1-3333 Fake Out, 3334-6666 Jump Kick, 6667-10000 Endure) 5451 = Jump Kick
Jump Kick -> Professor (3+7 = 10 EN)
RNG roll (to hit, <=9500 hit) 9078 = hit
RNG roll (to crit) 9239 = no crit
(10+(2-2)1.5)(1.5) = 15 DMG

RNG roll (for para, <=1000 para) 5177 = no para
Heat Wave combo -> Phony (14x1.2 = 17 EN)
RNG roll (to hit, <=9000 hit) 3294 = hit
RNG roll (to crit) 3026 = no crit
RNG roll (to burn) 9694 = no burn
((10x2.25)+1.5) = 24 DMG
DROWZEE FAINTED

Poison DMG

As the paralyzed Rebble starts storing power, Drowzee calls on his Buneary friend to lend him a hand! Drowzee then jumps straight into the air and kicks Rebble square in the face! What wi- IM A-FIRIN MY HEAT WAVE BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!

Yea... that. Rebbles.... now speaking English. Sorta. Anyways.... it appears that Drowzee could not stand up to that meme as old as the Internet itself, and it fainted!
Post-Round stats:

Phony
HP: -2
EN: KO

Professor
HP: 24
EN: 50
Paralyzed (drop to 5%)

Doorknob will choose his next poke
Ax will make his actions
Doorknob will make his actions
Reffin'

Doorknob, oh Doorknob?? It's getting close to DQ time, and we need you to send out your next pokemon.... I really don't want to win by DQ in any of my battles... come on man, let's get this going again!!

Okay Professor, let's do our best here! Start with a Power Gem, then use Energy Ball, and finish with another Power Gem!

Summary: Power Gem--->Energy Ball--->Power Gem

FUCK YEA IM'MA MAGIKARP THAT CAN ACTUALLY ATTACK!

Pre-Round Stats:

Professor
HP: 24
EN: 50
Paralyzed (drop to 5%)

Viking

BOSSkarp be bossin'
Action 1
Viking bounced up high! (9 EN)

RNG roll (full para, <=5/100 para) 93 = no para
Power Gem -> Viking (4 EN)
The attack missed!

Bounce -> Professor
RNG roll (to hit, <=85 hit) 84 = hit
RNG roll (to crit) 14 = no crit
RNG roll (to para, <=30 para) 35 = no para
(8+(1-2)1.5)(1.5) = 10 DMG

Action 2
BUBBLE -> Professor (5 EN)
RNG roll (to crit, 1/16 crit) 11 = no crit
RNG roll (to lower Speed, <=10/100 lower) 69 = no lower
(4+3-1-3)(1.5) = 5 DMG

RNG roll (full para) 21 = no para
Energy Ball -> Viking (6 EN)
RNG roll (to crit) 6 = no crit
RNG roll (to lower SpD, <=10 lower) 14 = no lower
(8+(4-1)1.5)(1.5) = 19 DMG

Poison DMG -> Professor

Action 3
Viking bounced up high! (9 EN)

RNG roll (full para) 32 = no para
Power Gem -> Viking (4 EN)
The attack missed!

Bounce -> Professor
RNG roll (to hit, <=85 hit) 75 = hit
Other RNG rolls = irrelevant
(8+(1-2)1.5)(1.5) = 10 DMG
PROFESSOR FAINTED!

Awwwwwww hellz yea, we got ourselves a Magikarp up in 'dis bitch! I was hoping for hax, but screw that, Magikarp is 1000000x better!

As the little boss fish flops around, jumping in the pool so he doesn't die, then instantly jumps up into the air! In a meager attempt to strike the god-like fish, Professor fires several Gems of Power into the air, and Viking comes crashing down, causing massive damage to the meager rock!

Saying as Viking really doesn't know what else to do, he fires off another god-powered Bubble, almost KO'ing Professor! The Rebble, who has no idea of the power he is messing with, somehow scratches the mighty god with an Energy Ball! I have never seen this before people!

Magikarp, use Hyper Beam! ...The hell do you mean you don't have Hyper Beam!? Fine, just Bounce up! Try as you might with your Power Gems, Professor, for your Power Gem will become your undoing, as they will continue to miss as Viking comes crashing onto you, instantly sealing your fate! SHUDDER IN AWE AT MAGIKARP'S MAJESTY!

Post-Round Stats:

Professor
HP: KO
EN: KO

Viking
HP: 61
EN: 77

Ax, choose your next victim of Viking
Doorknob makes his actions
Ax makes his actions
Magikarp destrolishes more shit

Okay Shocky, let's see what you can really do. Start with a 15 HP Sub, then use Metal Sound, and finish with a powerful Thunderbolt.

Summary: Substitute(15 HP)--->Metal Sound--->Thunderbolt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)