An Experiment in Gooey Fried Chicken

Hey guys with a new gen I thought it was time to make an RMT. I've been trying this team out and want some suggestions on improving it. So onto the team!

Edits in Bold

Ferrothorn "Wall Master" @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

This was actually the last member of the team. I was really stuck for a SR setter due to the fact that I'm going to try to breed this team in game. Eventually I realized that this team was getting dumped on by Azumarill so I needed a poke that filled both functions. Enter Ferrothorn, saved me many times in Gen V and it hasn't lost any power in Gen VI. Power Whip and Stealth Rock were explained previously. I eventually decided on Gyro Ball for extra insurance on fairies and leech seed for recovery. I am seriously considering thunder wave to cripple some sweepers.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Quiet Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Tail
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast

Wow did this thing surprise me. I was looking for a special tank. By trawling through the forums I found people believing in the evolved Church of Goomy. I decided to give it a shot and this thing works amazingly. Gengar, not a problem; any special attack, what attack? This thing works great and is going to do very well this gen. I decided to run thunderbolt over sludge wave just in case some togekiss wants to start some shenanigans.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 100 SAtk / 36 Spd
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt

I love this thing. Azumarill, what? Talon-who? Rotom-W is going to be going physically defensive this gen. Absolutely imperative that this guy stays alive as he's my major check to those massive threats. I want to run Pain Split, but pokebank isn't out yet and thunderbolt is doing work on the plethora of flying types as well as the occasional water type. I've also found that leading with this guy screws up the weakness policy Dragonite that has been running around lately.

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Hi Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

I'm abusing the hell out of this while it's unbanned. He makes for an amazing sweeper and people really underestimate its damage. I'm using Adamant, just because I don't see many other Blaziken so I'm not going to be out speeding anything else with jolly. Earthquake just really helps against a ton of counters, but I do miss protect for the safe switches. One thing I am against is making this thing Baton Pass. There's nothing that needs the stats Blaziken gives so I don't see a point, plus it wastes coverage.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head

I love this thing to death, but I'm probably gonna replace it. Too many people are running checks so it can't really do its job. He hits really hard and the mind games are fun, but people are very over-prepared.

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- U-turn
- Close Combat

To put it simply I needed a Scarfer. I like Staraptor, but without a spinner he can't really do his job. I need someone to fufill a good revenge killer position, but I didn't want to use Talonflame due to the aforementioned lack of spinner. I'm happy with the set, but I'm open to replacement ideas.

Well that's my team I welcome all criticism and advice you guys have. See you on Showdown!

Last edited:
gotta be quick but:
1. sacred sword/brick break over iron head due to aegislash not being fast enough for the flinch and steel generally crumby offensive typing in comparison to ghost/fighting
2. give aegislash a weakness policy, aegislash is something of an extremist poke in terms of defense he either resists it or hes weak to it use this to his advantage to let him deal with other aegislashes and stuff
3. give staraptor an adament nature hes already very fast with the scarf and has only decent attack and coverage and will need the attack more
4. just because its a giant worm pseudo legendry thingy doesnt mean it should be anywhere near your team i dont like goodra...

hope this helps your team building process and i hope i see you around the forums

Ok I definitely agree with the Staraptor to Adamant change, he needs to hit as hard a possible.

For Aegislash is the lack of STAB worth it, I don't seem to be able to SD a lot so wouldn't that harm his damage capabilities. I will definitely try weakness policy though.

Lastly I can't see me replacing Goodra right now. It is and amazing special tank that even takes Super effective hits like nothing. Unless something better is suggested I'm going to keep using it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)