XY OU An Icy Dragon thats hits you with Electricity

Hey everyone decided to do a second rate my team, there is no big introduction this time so lets get to the building process stat!

Building Process:
First pokemon always the one that i choose to built around, this one was fun to build and play around and i did not realize he was OU since couple weeks back, since them i have been doing some test runs around possible builds and team member my first choice has been:

my second and third pokemon we kinda selected together every guide, every team i looked up every team i faced using black kyurem had both of these pokemons and at first i was, nah just one is more than enough there is no reason for both, but after actually using both together i noticed, yeah those are a must have therefore my next two choices were:

moving to the fourth pokemon i noticed i still didnt had a lead which was giving me a headache, so i started looking for pokemons that could land either stealth rock, toxic spikes or spikes that had some synergy with B-Kyurem and i ended up with

after that i started looking around what else could i use, i already had B-kyurem as a phisical attacker and wall breaker, i had latios as a special attacker and defog user, a physical wall that could land slteath rock and a hazzard cleaner so what was missing, i went back to b-kyurem and searched which pokemon would work well with him being an atacker and needed a wall breaker and smogon gave me two options Keldeo and Terrakion, and i finally choose:

and for my last pokemon i noticed i had a problem with special attackers so i decided to go with something that could handle a punch and also give one back and be a swaper for earthquake users therefore my final lineup was:

off to the strategy:

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band / Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
Havent decided yet upon choice band or choice scarf because both sound really attractive and have been working just fine, freeze shock is just an opinion i had because it is a physical ice attack which in my opinion works better than ice beam, just the one turn to set up that is a turn down for me, so please people with more experience help me out.
i like choose b kyurem because of its high base attack being able to one hit many pokemons and also being able to break walls that come against it.
the ev spread is maximize damage output and also increase a bit of it bulkyness, i decided to go with this speed spread because he already have a good base speed being able to outspeed many revenge killers not all but most.
ive been testing the choice scarf latelly mainly for overkilling a pokemon with outrage and when a revenge killer comes in it gets outspeed by the choice scarf and deal tons of damage usually killing or leaving with little HP

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
- Earthquake
at first i thought lets go with full utillity latios, he is there to defog and take out any hazzards away, but he has so much potential as a special attacker that i decided to go with this moves, it covers many weaknessess and can still clean hazzards. life orb to maximize its damage output therefore 2HKO or 1HKO, timid nature to help even more out speed many other threats.
ev spread simple as that 252 spA for damage output and 252 spe to out speed threats.
latios also keeps at bay some of bkyurems counters.

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
This is a full out phisical attacker excadrill, its damage output is quite nice and it has rapid spin in case latios is KOed and i need to get rid of hazzards.
air ballon helps me fend of earthquake users without the need to swaping for togekiss in case the user can easilly KO him.
adamant nature to increse damage.
evs spread 252 atk to increse damage output and 252 speed for being able to land a hit or get rid of stealth rocks for me.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
When i saw this build up i sorta fell in love with it, that iron barbs and rocky helmet return damage will be awesome to fend of some physical attacks and since this ev spread helps ferrothorn bulkyness and sustentabillity it garantees more iron barbs and rocky helmet damage.
the moves were set for a lead and also a way to stay around on the field longer, therefore leech seed and protect, i also had a need for a grass type move which power whip came quite in handy, the 104atk ev is there to increse power whip damage output.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind
I finally got to use him i got really excited and he did quite well too, since bkyurem can break any walls and counters that would be a problem for keldeo he can swipe right in and go for a killing blow.
i have some doubts about hydro pump i never actually used him effectivelly, i tend to go for a scald instead of hydropump, even thought it doesnt OHKO as hydro tends to do.
icy wind to get rid of dragon ,flying, grass and ground types, covering a lot of problems that i could have keeping bkyurem alive.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
abillity: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 hp / 8 spa / 252 spD
Calm Nature
-Roost
-Thunderwave
-Air Slash
-Dazzling Gleam
The key that was missing something to withstand special attacks effectivelly, this togekiss helps alot with air slash flinching the enemy and allowing for safe swaps, also lands a thunderwave that helps my team to atack first. can handle quite a punch and give one back even though it only has 8 spA evs.
the other 248 hp and 252 spD is manly to make him in a special wall.

hope you guys liked and cant wait to test the changes you all will give. let the edditing beggins!!!
also my first RMT is linked in my signature if its of any interesting checking it =X

Last edited:
I don't think you need Latios to be a defogger because you will lose all the hazards Ferrothorn set up. Keep Excadrill as a spinner and keep Latios or switch it out for something else (Maybe magnezone because he kills Scizor who destroys KB). Dragon claw and outrage on Kyurem-Black are too much if you are choiced, so switch dragon claw for iron head to cover fairies. I like to run jolly excadrill so that I outspeed specs rotom and can kill it easily. There are a lot of fairy type special walls (namely sylveon and clefable) that excadrill cannot handle alone so a mega scizor or gyro ball on the ferro would be good. On keldeo, a hidden power is always good if you don't use hydro a lot. This team is good just a few mistakes drizzled in. I noticed that you have no mega and latios is not really needed. Magnezone is the bane of ferro and togekiss's existence, so either put aura sphere on togekiss or be ready to deal with it (I use magnezone a lot and ferrothorn cannot do anything to it). Good Luck!

I don't think you need Latios to be a defogger because you will lose all the hazards Ferrothorn set up. Keep Excadrill as a spinner and keep Latios or switch it out for something else (Maybe magnezone because he kills Scizor who destroys KB). Dragon claw and outrage on Kyurem-Black are too much if you are choiced, so switch dragon claw for iron head to cover fairies. I like to run jolly excadrill so that I outspeed specs rotom and can kill it easily. There are a lot of fairy type special walls (namely sylveon and clefable) that excadrill cannot handle alone so a mega scizor or gyro ball on the ferro would be good. On keldeo, a hidden power is always good if you don't use hydro a lot. This team is good just a few mistakes drizzled in. I noticed that you have no mega and latios is not really needed. Magnezone is the bane of ferro and togekiss's existence, so either put aura sphere on togekiss or be ready to deal with it (I use magnezone a lot and ferrothorn cannot do anything to it). Good Luck!
Having a Mega Pokemon is not a necessity, but I agree that Defog is a waste on Latios. However, Scheiner does need Latios or else he will get steamrolled by Keldeo; since Defog is not needed, I recommend Recover > Defog. Recover allows Latios to stick around and recover HP, since it gets worn down very easily. Not needing to run Defog is a huge blessing for Latios, because recovery is considerably useful for it.

I am unsure on Togetic, I will re-examine this team again sometime tomorrow, but I have to get off for now. This team does appear to be a little Greninja weak, but again, I will re-examine it tomorrow.

EDIT: Also, change that spread on Ferrothorn to 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef Impish Nature on Ferrothorn, Ferrothorn really needs some special investment more, since it needs this bulk to take Ice Beams from Pokemon like Kyurem-B and Greninja.

I think that you need a HP fire user, and either Magnezone as suggested or Latios as you have now should do this. Remove Defog for it. I would use a +spd, -Def nature (can't remember name) as you have EQ.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This team looks pretty decent overral. I agree with HP Fire>Defog on Latios, simply because Ferrothron is a massive pain otherwise, and if people see Earthquake they do not expect HP Fire and vice-versa. You might want to run Roost over Earthquake too though, simply because, given that you have a Keldeo, I don't think you're weak enough to Heatran to really warrant Earthqauke, but since you also have Togekiss I guess Earthqauke can help. You could run Earth Power over Dragon Claw or Ice Beam on Kyurem-B, this would certainly remove the need for Earthquake on Latios.

You have a weakness to Mega-Gardevoir, who can, depending on what move they use switch in on both your dragons and wreck havoc, I would recommend a Choice Scarf instead of Air Balloon on Excadrill for that reason, and give it a Jolly nature if you do this. This also enables you to spin more reliably vs fast offensive teams which will otherwise not give it any opportunities to remove hazards, and lets you check Charizard-X who otherwise can punch holes in your team, as well as Swords Dance Talonflame who destroys you if it gets an SD up (or just Talonflame in general).

However, I think a better option would be to remove Excadrill completely. You already have Defog support, you don't really need a spinner, and honestly, Excadrill doesn't provide much to your team that you don't already have. I would suggest either Choice Scarf Heatran or any Jirachi set over it : both are better switchins to both Mega-Gardevoir and Clefable (especially Jirachi), and Heatran helps fix your Ferrothorn+Talonflame weakness too. Given that Mew can be very annoying for your team too, Fast Heatran with Taunt or Swords Dance Talonflame (another good check to Gardevoir/Clefable) can also be good picks. It's really up to you, but I don't think Excadrill is that necessary to your team. (Remember though, keep Defog on Latios if you decide to remove Excadrill)

You don't need any attack investment on Ferrothron. Alfafa mentions that you want SpD investement for Greninja, and Kyu-B, I disagree since you are much weak to Sand Offense than you are to either of these (Kyu-B is a good Greninja check, and though opposing Kyu-B is problematic, it can't actually switch in on anything on your team besides your own Kyu-B locked into Bolt Strike so I wouldn't worry too much). Besides, your Ferrothorn couldn't even take on Kyu-B if it tried since it lacks Gyro Ball. Since Ferrothorn is your main answer to Sand Rush Excadrill, it needs enough physical defense investment to take it on. I would go with a spread of 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD with an Impish nature, this enables you to live Life Orb Earthquakes after SR. I would also run Leftovers over Rocky Helmet on Ferrothorn, this enables you to take on the aforementioned Life Orb Excadrill who otherwise has a chance to 2HKO you after SR.

For Kyurem-B, whether you run a Choice Scarf or a Choice Band on it kinda changes matters a lot. If you run Band, run either a Lonely (+Atk -Def) or a Naughty (+Atk -SpD) nature : a powerful Ice Beam is more important than bulk. The choice between the two is up to you, but I would personally recommend Lonely since that enables you to switch into Greninja more easily, which is imo more valuable than taking priority moves better for your team. If you run a choice Scarf, run either a Hasty (+Spe -Def) or Naive (+Spe -SpD) nature, since extra Speed only makes sens on a Choice Scarfer (once again, I prefer Hasty because of Greninja). If you decide to run a Choice Band, I would also recommend Iron Head over Ice Beam to lure Clefable (who as I said, is a problem for your team) but if you do this, keep an Adamant/Jolly nature, unless you decide to run Earth Power too.

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost / Earthquake
- Hidden Power Fire

EVs: 252 Atk / 24 SpA (or HP if no special move / 232 Spe
Lonely (if Band) / Hasty (if Scarf) / Adamant (if Band with no special moves) / Jolly (if Scarf with no special moves) Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage
- Ice Beam / Earth Power / Iron Head
- Dragon Claw / Earth Power / Iron Head

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stone Edge / Flamethrower

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-Turn
- Ice Punch / Fire Punch / Zen Headbutt
- Healing Wish / Trick
(there are multiple Jirachi sets you could use but I feel like this once would be the best fit for you team)

Heatran @ Air Baloon
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Ancientpower / Will-O-Wisp

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs : 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Hope this helps ! (And remember, down't just make these changes blindly, try to adjust your team depending on what you do and don't need)

This team looks pretty decent overral. I agree with HP Fire>Defog on Latios, simply because Ferrothron is a massive pain otherwise, and if people see Earthquake they do not expect HP Fire and vice-versa. You might want to run Roost over Earthquake too though, simply because, given that you have a Keldeo, I don't think you're weak enough to Heatran to really warrant Earthqauke, but since you also have Togekiss I guess Earthqauke can help. You could run Earth Power over Dragon Claw or Ice Beam on Kyurem-B, this would certainly remove the need for Earthquake on Latios.

You have a weakness to Mega-Gardevoir, who can, depending on what move they use switch in on both your dragons and wreck havoc, I would recommend a Choice Scarf instead of Air Balloon on Excadrill for that reason, and give it a Jolly nature if you do this. This also enables you to spin more reliably vs fast offensive teams which will otherwise not give it any opportunities to remove hazards, and lets you check Charizard-X who otherwise can punch holes in your team, as well as Swords Dance Talonflame who destroys you if it gets an SD up (or just Talonflame in general).

However, I think a better option would be to remove Excadrill completely. You already have Defog support, you don't really need a spinner, and honestly, Excadrill doesn't provide much to your team that you don't already have. I would suggest either Choice Scarf Heatran or any Jirachi set over it : both are better switchins to both Mega-Gardevoir and Clefable (especially Jirachi), and Heatran helps fix your Ferrothorn+Talonflame weakness too. Given that Mew can be very annoying for your team too, Fast Heatran with Taunt or Swords Dance Talonflame (another good check to Gardevoir/Clefable) can also be good picks. It's really up to you, but I don't think Excadrill is that necessary to your team. (Remember though, keep Defog on Latios if you decide to remove Excadrill)

You don't need any attack investment on Ferrothron. Alfafa mentions that you want SpD investement for Greninja, and Kyu-B, I disagree since you are much weak to Sand Offense than you are to either of these (Kyu-B is a good Greninja check, and though opposing Kyu-B is problematic, it can't actually switch in on anything on your team besides your own Kyu-B locked into Bolt Strike so I wouldn't worry too much). Besides, your Ferrothorn couldn't even take on Kyu-B if it tried since it lacks Gyro Ball. Since Ferrothorn is your main answer to Sand Rush Excadrill, it needs enough physical defense investment to take it on. I would go with a spread of 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD with an Impish nature, this enables you to live Life Orb Earthquakes after SR. I would also run Leftovers over Rocky Helmet on Ferrothorn, this enables you to take on the aforementioned Life Orb Excadrill who otherwise has a chance to 2HKO you after SR.

For Kyurem-B, whether you run a Choice Scarf or a Choice Band on it kinda changes matters a lot. If you run Band, run either a Lonely (+Atk -Def) or a Naughty (+Atk -SpD) nature : a powerful Ice Beam is more important than bulk. The choice between the two is up to you, but I would personally recommend Lonely since that enables you to switch into Greninja more easily, which is imo more valuable than taking priority moves better for your team. If you run a choice Scarf, run either a Hasty (+Spe -Def) or Naive (+Spe -SpD) nature, since extra Speed only makes sens on a Choice Scarfer (once again, I prefer Hasty because of Greninja). If you decide to run a Choice Band, I would also recommend Iron Head over Ice Beam to lure Clefable (who as I said, is a problem for your team) but if you do this, keep an Adamant/Jolly nature, unless you decide to run Earth Power too.

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost / Earthquake
- Hidden Power Fire

EVs: 252 Atk / 24 SpA (or HP if no special move / 232 Spe
Lonely (if Band) / Hasty (if Scarf) / Adamant (if Band with no special moves) / Jolly (if Scarf with no special moves) Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage
- Ice Beam / Earth Power / Iron Head
- Dragon Claw / Earth Power / Iron Head

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stone Edge / Flamethrower

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-Turn
- Ice Punch / Fire Punch / Zen Headbutt
- Healing Wish / Trick
(there are multiple Jirachi sets you could use but I feel like this once would be the best fit for you team)

Heatran @ Air Baloon
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Ancientpower / Will-O-Wisp

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs : 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Hope this helps ! (And remember, down't just make these changes blindly, try to adjust your team depending on what you do and don't need)
I think that you need a HP fire user, and either Magnezone as suggested or Latios as you have now should do this. Remove Defog for it. I would use a +spd, -Def nature (can't remember name) as you have EQ.

Thanks everyone that replied, after a lot of considerations and swaping and battling and everything i did couple changes on what you guys mentioned.
the only thing i still hadnt had the time to try out would be set back latios as a defoger and swap hexadrill for jirachi, will work on it and post as the results go, but it sounds really interesting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)