An OU Team Which is Less-Standard

Hello Smogoners. Usually I play this game for fun within the UU tier, but recently I've been playing for youtube videos, and entering tournaments out of curiosity. The problem is, My UUs aren't able to compete as efficiently, and I've been in need of a set team, as opposed to using a random 6 of my EV trained pokes, or using a sandstorm team. So, I would like some help to see if the team I have thought about would work.

Medicham @ life orb
252 Atk 252 Spd 6 HP
Adamant
Pure Power

Bullet Punch
Hi Jump Kick
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch

My Opener. It hits, and it hits HARD. Bullet punch does a number on gengar, azelf and alakazam; Not sure I really need psycho cut, and I love priority =). Bolt Beam punches for coverage: gyarados, DDmence, breloom etc and hi jump kick for STAB and weavile.

Lucario @ focus sash
252 atk 252 spe 6HP
Jolly
Steadfast

Swords dance
Close combat
Crunch
Extreme speed

Physical Sweeper, brilliant throughout the game. Early KOs, late game cleanup or getting rid of any annoying threats. Good for revenge, and if it scares stuff, I can get 2 swords dances. Immune to sandstorm means Hippow and TTar don't spoil the sash.

Mantine @ leftovers
252 Hp 252 SpD 6 Def
Bold
Water absorb

Surf
Ice Beam
Toxic
Protect

Main form of special wall. Bold gives it the ability to survive physical attacks to a degree. Protect is very useful, it can scout, build up residual damage from toxic and is generally annoying.

Clefable @ Life Orb252 HP 152 Def 104 SpA
Bold
Magic Guard

Calm mind
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Wish

Standard CMFable, but with wish over softboiled. Wish suport is always welcome, and I can't get softboiled because I do not have the required 3rd Gen support. After using this though, wish proved valuable. Immunity to SR, spikes, poison and the like allows fable to switch in and out healing stuff nicely.

Camerupt @ lefties
228 HP 72 SpA 208 SpD
Relaxed
Solid Rock

Earth power
Toxic
Lava Plume
Explosion

Can switch in on cresselia's charge beams aimed at walling medicham and toxic them into oblivion. Explosion Does 86 - 102% to blissey, which is an OHKO if it switches into an attack, I have spikes up or if it gets toxic'd. Can also switch into bliss using t-wave or electric aimed at mantine.

Forretress @ lefties
252 HP 162 Atk 96 Def
Relaxed
Sturdy

Spikes
Gyro Ball
Explosion
Rapid spin

Stops any spikes/Rocks from ruining Lucario's sash later on. Sets up some spikes of my own to help kill off blissey. Gyro ball can Fend off any annoying gengars if medicam isn't present for any reason. Also works good for Weaviles which try and ruin my day.

So, that's the team. It works well when in sandstream, which seems to be a pain for me while fighting strangers. My main tactic is usually to et stuff crippled, get spikes and toxics up for residual damage, and let clefable, medicham or lucario do some late game clean up. Wish and rapid spin support are ways in which to protect myself from residual damage and allow me enough time to weaken everything.

The biggest threat to this team which i can see is mixape, as it can pray on clefable and lucario with CC, forry with f-thrower, medicham and camerupt with anything they don't resist. Mantine can come in, but not on HP elec varients.
Mixvire seems to be a pain as well. camerupt's EP is too slow for it to be a counter, and everything but medicham, who can't switch in, is hit for SE by a possible attack.

Most other threats are countered. Any weaknesses or improvements are welcome, Thanks =)

Can I recomend something? Get a smeargle train it up so it has spore, Substitute, Dragon Dance and Baton Pass, then baton pass a dragon dance and a sub to a choice band Medicham and your ready to sweep entire teams. Also for an OU team this is very BL.....:D

Why did you put sash on Lucario, wouldn't life orb or lefties be better? It would be a waste of all those resistances if you cannot switch Lucario in on attacks.

I just prefer the sash. He's very fragile, and it can allow him to SD up freely, or allow him to CC/crunch then follow up with e-speed. My whole team are LO and Lefties anyway...

Can I recomend something? Get a smeargle train it up so it has spore, Substitute, Dragon Dance and Baton Pass, then baton pass a dragon dance and a sub to a choice band Medicham and your ready to sweep entire teams. Also for an OU team this is very BL.....:D
If you were to try this I would put life orb on medicham so your not locked into one move.

I dont like Medicham as a lead, and if I do I go Scarf. But I normally use him as a SubSalacReversaller, which works awesome late game, but its up to you.

Awesome team though, which is to be expected X_^

Cba to go in depth atm though. Just maybe think about doing something with Clefable as a lead instead of Medicham or something.

Mantine doesn't work well as a special wall. It has 4x weakness to electric moves, so it wont be doing any special walling if the opponent has an electric move, which most special sweepers do. If ur gonna use it, give it the berry that weakens electricity. Besides that, pretty decent team.

Hello Smogoners. Usually I play this game for fun within the UU tier, but recently I've been playing for youtube videos, and entering tournaments out of curiosity. The problem is, My UUs aren't able to compete as efficiently, and I've been in need of a set team, as opposed to using a random 6 of my EV trained pokes, or using a sandstorm team. So, I would like some help to see if the team I have thought about would work.

Medicham @ life orb
252 Atk 252 Spd 6 HP
Adamant
Pure Power

Bullet Punch
Brick Break
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch

My Opener. It hits, and it hits HARD. Bullet punch does a number on gengar, azelf and alakazam; Not sure I really need psycho cut, and I love priority =). Bolt Beam punches for coverage: gyarados, DDmence, breloom etc and hi jump kick for STAB and weavile.

Lucario @ Life orb
252 atk 252 spe 6HP
Jolly
Steadfast

Swords dance
Close combat
Crunch
Extreme speed

Physical Sweeper, brilliant throughout the game. Early KOs, late game cleanup or getting rid of any annoying threats. Good for revenge, and if it scares stuff, I can get 2 swords dances. Immune to sandstorm means Hippow and TTar don't spoil the sash.

Mantine @ leftovers
252 Hp 252 SpD 6 Def
Bold
Water absorb

Surf / Mirror coat
Ice Beam / Mirror coat
Toxic
Protect

Main form of special wall. Bold gives it the ability to survive physical attacks to a degree. Protect is very useful, it can scout, build up residual damage from toxic and is generally annoying.

Clefable @ Life Orb252 HP 152 Def 104 SpA
Bold
Magic Guard

Calm mind
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Wish

Standard CMFable, but with wish over softboiled. Wish suport is always welcome, and I can't get softboiled because I do not have the required 3rd Gen support. After using this though, wish proved valuable. Immunity to SR, spikes, poison and the like allows fable to switch in and out healing stuff nicely.

Camerupt @ lefties
228 HP 72 SpA 208 SpD
Relaxed
Solid Rock

Earth power
Toxic / Will-o-wisp
Lava Plume
Explosion

Can switch in on cresselia's charge beams aimed at walling medicham and toxic them into oblivion. Explosion Does 86 - 102% to blissey, which is an OHKO if it switches into an attack, I have spikes up or if it gets toxic'd. Can also switch into bliss using t-wave or electric aimed at mantine.

Forretress @ lefties
252 HP 100 Atk 158 Def
Relaxed
Sturdy

Spikes
Gyro Ball
Explosion / Light screen
Rapid spin

Stops any spikes/Rocks from ruining Lucario's sash later on. Sets up some spikes of my own to help kill off blissey. Gyro ball can Fend off any annoying gengars if medicam isn't present for any reason. Also works good for Weaviles which try and ruin my day.

So, that's the team. It works well when in sandstream, which seems to be a pain for me while fighting strangers. My main tactic is usually to et stuff crippled, get spikes and toxics up for residual damage, and let clefable, medicham or lucario do some late game clean up. Wish and rapid spin support are ways in which to protect myself from residual damage and allow me enough time to weaken everything.

The biggest threat to this team which i can see is mixape, as it can pray on clefable and lucario with CC, forry with f-thrower, medicham and camerupt with anything they don't resist. Mantine can come in, but not on HP elec varients.
Mixvire seems to be a pain as well. camerupt's EP is too slow for it to be a counter, and everything but medicham, who can't switch in, is hit for SE by a possible attack.

Most other threats are countered. Any weaknesses or improvements are welcome, Thanks =)
changes in red

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)