An uber warstory: A last tribute to Smogon

This is probably my last battle on shoddy since I am basically retiring, however I wanted one last uber match with my friend Absol. We have some knowledge of each other's team but don't know all the miniscule details that play a part in the match. I hope you all enjoy the match and later Smogon! 2nd Warstory and my last most likely.

Ike123's Team!

Absol X's Team!

Key
  • Blue Bold size 2, is whatever has anything to do with me
  • Blue size 2, no bold, is whatever I have to say about the turn of events
  • Orange, size 2, no bold, is whatever NS Absol X has to say about the turn of events
  • Green, size 2, no bold, is whatever Stathakis, who is rather "ignorant" about the ubers tier has to say. Added to show perspective from everyone.
  • Orange Bold is everything dealing with NS Absol X
  • Stealth rock damage, nicknames, and leftovers damage will all be edited out after the first time they appear. Stealth rock damage and leftovers recovery will be factored into the score.
  • The battle log will look normal because fancy colors on logs hurt Stathakis's eyes.
Damage Key
(After the log you'll get recaps of what's going on in terms of health, status, boosts, etc.)
  • Olive Green (99% - 80%)
  • Bright "annoying" Green (79% - 60%)
  • Beige'ish' (59% - 40%)
  • Kinda Mahogany (39% - 20%)
  • Deep Red 19% - 0 (faint)
Rules
We are civilized people. We have rules.
  • Sleep Clause
  • Freeze Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
Let the Match Begin!

NS Absol X sent out Luucianno (lvl 100 Deoxys-f).
Ike123 sent out Absoldeath (lvl 100 Deoxys-f).
Luucianno is exerting its pressure!
Absoldeath is exerting its pressure!
The Elitist has entered the room.
Ike123 switched in Articanus (lvl 100 Scizor).
Luucianno used Extremespeed.
It's not very effective...
Articanus lost 20% of its health.
---
Scizor //. 80%
---

Now I've played against absol and I know he runs X speed so I easily make the switch to Scizor to preserve my sash while simultaneously forcing his deo to switch out since it has nothing to really hurt Scizor.

I was trying to Break Ike's sash to let my rock polish Don attempt a possible sweep seeing as it can dent pretty much everthing in Ike's team so I choose X speed.

Looks like a pretty generic ubers start. now I don't really know too much about anything, but I DO know that scizors commonly carry pursuit and try and kill shit like deoxys. but I think some user carried hp fire on it (or was it latios) just to fuck up scizor. Dunno.

NS Absol X switched in Jibaku (lvl 100 Groudon).
jibaku's Drought intensified the sun's rays!
The sun began to shine!
Scizor used U-turn.
Groudon lost 29% of its health.
Ike123 switched in Absoldeath (lvl 100 Deoxys-f).
Absoldeath is exerting its pressure!
Scizor lost 10% of its health.
The sun continues to shine.
---
Scizor //. 69%
Groudon //.71%
---

I'm predicting a switch to something like a Ray,Tina O, or Don when I attempt to pursuit the fleeing Deo, but a free
switch in for any of those pokes spells disasterso I decide to keep the battle in my favor for now by U turning.

I am expecting Ike to Pursuit my Deo allowing me to bring in my Don to Rockpolish in his face and attempt
to weaken his walls down enough for SD Ray to take the show so I Switch to Don

But rather than pursuit the deoxys, ike decides to u-turn. now, it doesnt take a genius to know that shit is overpowered in ubers and can sweep on a moments notice, but shit does still have its counters, so to not pursit means I guess ike has a superoffensive counterless team, where the free switch is more valuable. Or maybe he's just not carrying pursuit. interestingly enough, he brings back deoxys-f, to ice beam or grass knot no doubt.

NS Absol X switched in Fabbles (lvl 100 Rayquaza).
Deoxys-f used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around your foe's team!

I set up SR as he switches out to his Ray to attempt and take the anticipated grass knot knowing that
I would most likely not spare his Don by using ice beam after the havoc that beast caused last time.
However he didn't know my fullset allowing me to set up a free SR.

Damn! I let him set up a free SR as I switch to Ray. Now however he will ice me since he has a sash to secure his survival, Ray is to important to lose right now so I switch to Kyogre who is bulky enough to take his Deo on.

I guess setting sr is better early game than making predictions, but had he just gone for the ice beam, rayquaza would be in a world of pain. I guess absol got a little lucky there (expecting a grass knot?), but I don't think he's keen on letting rayquaza stay in on a fast ice beamer.

NS Absol X switched in I am cool (lvl 100 Kyogre).
I am cool's Drizzle caused a storm!
The sun faded.
Rain began to fall!
Deoxys-f used Ice Beam.
I am cool lost 13% of its health.
The rain continues to fall.
---
Kyogre//.75%
---

Nice switch in by Absol seeing as Kyogre is a bulky bastard able to take special hits with ease. I choose grass knot seeing as just hitting that bloated whale hard is the only choice since I still have my sash intact

I have to screw that fucking Deo's sash or else that thing's going to 6-0 me. So
it was a no brainer as I choose surf to hit any pokes that might try and switch in after I break his sash or before.

Now he brings in kyogre, interestingly enough. Maybe ubers deo's dont carry grass knot and ice beam on the same moveset? scarfogre does outspeed rayquaza, but that thing is gonna live with the sash and take him down or something. absol's team really doesnt like deoxys-f. feeble attempt to break the sash mebbe?

Deoxys-f used Grass Knot.
It's super effective!
Kyogre lost 69% of its health.
Kyogre used Surf.
Deoxys-f lost 587% of its health.
Deoxys-f hung on using its Focus Sash!
---
Kyogre//.6%
Deoxys-f//.1%
---

Now I choose an icy beam to hit his RAy if it tried to be sneaky and glide in to replace Ogre seeing as his Ogre had a measly 5% health left so it would still decimate it.

I could have retreated to my Ray and save my Kyogre for later to take a hit and allow a free switch in but there was something fishy about his long armed menace,so i decided to stay in to be safe.

wow, specsogre I guess. now it's at low health though so mr. ike better ice beam to "safe predict" or whatever.

Deoxys-f used Ice Beam.
Kyogre lost 12% of its health.
NS Absol X's Kyogre fainted.
NS Absol X switched in Rayquaza(lvl 100 Rayquaza).
---
Kyogre//.0% (dead)
Rayquaza//.75%
Score 6/5 Ike123
---

UNfortunately I wasn't able to catch his Ray off guard but still, I dealt his Ogre a death blow, as he switches in his Ray. Now he's probably going to try and revenge me with X speed
so I switch my steel behemoth to ward off his lightning strike.

Well Ike probably is expecting an X speed and retreating to ScarfDialga to take the blow since my priority move won't even dent his metal exterior. Since this is the case, I fire off an EQ to blast that Dialga back into time.

rayquaza x speed. but deoxys has done his job, setting sr and getting a kill. at this point I'd just x speed myself and do some damage to rayquaza. then again, absol's team really doesnt like deo f, so maybe keep it for later? if he has a ghost or steel to bring in on the resisted x speed that'd be ideal.

Ike123 switched in Druggedfox (lvl 100 Dialga).
Druggedfox is exerting its pressure!
Rayquaza used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Druggedfox lost 80% of its health.
Rayquaza lost 10% of its health.
---
Rayquaza//.65%
Dialga//.20%
---

Great move by Absol here, but still an X speed fails to Ko still so I decide to send this Serpent tumbling to the ground with a massive dragon pulse seeing as he has no steels to resist me.

Right on cue his Dialga comes barging in only to be met with an earthshattering blow instead of a soft strike that it had expected. I find out that even at this state of health dialga will be able to hang on after an X speed and KO me so I retreat to......

wow, he got outprediccted. and I guess I'd have done the same thing too. now, if he extremespeeds it should ko, but I guess by the next turn it doesnt. yea, I'm a noob to the uber metagame, shoot me.

NS Absol X switched in Deoxys-f (lvl 100 Deoxys-f).
Deoxys-f is exerting its pressure!
Dialga used Dragon Pulse.
Deoxys-f lost 226% of its health.
NS Absol X's Deoxys-f fainted.
---
Deoxys-f//.0% (Dead)
Score 6/4 Ike123
---

His Deo is down and out and I hold the advantage currently.

Exactly as planned but now I send in my carfdialga who happens to be maxed speed unlike Ike's whose set is derived from umbarsc's dialga spread. (unfortanely for him)

legit kill I guess. death fodder is really great, in any pokemon metagame.

NS Absol X switched in Justinawe (lvl 100 Dialga).
Justinawe is exerting its pressure!
Ike123 switched in Maniaclyrasist (lvl 100 Giratina-O).
Justinawe used Thunder.
A critical hit!
Maniaclyrasist lost 33% of its health.
---
Dialga//.87%
Giratina-0//.67%
---

Damn it! Why didnt i just max out my speed since this thing is gonna give me trouble in the long run for sure. He knows that I have a scizor waithing in the wings and thunder most likely would KO my Dialga anyway and cripple Scizor so using this knowledge, I retreat to Tina-O to set up on the choiced beast.

Well his temporal machince stands no chance against mine especially at 20% but that scizor can give me problems and take on my pulses's with ease, so I thunder hoping to hit the incoming scizor switch in.

well scarfdialga is a potent force that shouldnt be sacced yet, so good move there I guess. though most of the people who uber that I talk to tell me giratina is useless. mebbe O forme is different?

The Elitist has left the room.
NS Absol X switched in Groudon (lvl 100 Groudon).
Groudon's Drought intensified the sun's rays!
The rain stopped.
The sun began to shine!
Giratina used Substitute.
Giratina lost 25% of its health.
Giratina made a substitute!
---
Groudon.//59%
Giratina.//42% and a sub
---

Yes! My Tina comes in with barely a scratch and his futile Thunder does a measly 17% without a crit, so this allows me to set up a sub and batter away at any defenses he has.

RIght now Don has the least use for me, so I switch it in to inevitably die.

origin tina is in. now I have no idea what it'll do, but scarfdialga definitely has to switch now.

Giratina used Outrage.
Giratina went on a rampage!
Groudon lost 45% of its health.
Groudon used Dragon Claw.
It's super effective!
The substitute took damage for Giratina!
Giratina's substitute faded!
---
Groudon//.15%
Giratina//.42% no sub
---

I assumed that I was slower and therefore used outrage instead of Shadowforce to hit him hard and not allow him to retreat to his Temporal poke to absorb my dive.

Hell thats one fast Tina, but Don has to die since he's basically worthless now at about 17 percent health and I can revenge him after his rampage.

well I guess scarfdialga can come in after this whole ordeal and revenge kill, unless the outrage ends, which would kinda suck. origin tina gets... a killl!

xXx.o.xXx has entered the room.
Giratina used Outrage.
Groudon lost 47% of its health.
NS Absol X's Groudon fainted.
---
Groudon//.0% (Dead)
Score 6/3
---

Tina finishes off Tina but its outrageous move is still not done and I wait for the inevitable Dialga to blast me into oblivion.

Good, his outrageous rampage doesn't end allowing me to slay the dragon with relative ease.

and the outrage DOESNT end. well there goes that dragon's hopes and dreams of sweeping or whatever.

NS Absol X switched in Dialga (lvl 100 Dialga).
Dialga is exerting its pressure!
It's super effective!
Giratina lost 85% of its health.
Ike123's Giratina-o fainted.
---
Dialga//.75%
Giratina//.0% (Dead)
Score 5/3
---

Nothing I could do!

He's stuck on outrage and can't retreat so a simple pulse ends his life.

nothing he could do about it. pretty generic revenge kill turn.

Ike123 switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
NS Absol X switched in Rayquaza (lvl 100 Rayquaza).
Scizor used Bullet Punch.
Rayquaza lost 39% of its health.
---
Rayquaza//.1%
Scizor//.59%
---

Scizor comes in and he knows that my scizor is an all attack variant with superpower which would Ko his metal tin can. Knowing that he wouldn't risk his Dialga, the only poke capable of stopping my rampage so I use bullet punch to score a blow on Ray.

I can't risk scizor Koing dialga since its the only pokemon able to combat his team right now so I withdraw to Ray.

rayquaza gets hit for the 2HKO. good predict my mr ike, though I guess he could switch. but now rayquaza is gonna be like dead next time it comes in. death fodder is surprisingly useful though so I'd try and switch anyways.

Scizor used Bullet Punch.
Dialga lost 11% of its health.
---
Dialga.//53%
Scizor.//49%
---

After the pummeling Ray got I figured it would stay in since SR KOs it next time but that wasn't the case as my punch gets blocked by his metal hide, Scizor is now weakened to much and the fear of fire blast makes me send in Deo.

Ill try and predict even after my failed attempt last time, but I can't allow his Ray to come in unharmed so I pulse for the finish.

Now, while death fodder is important, they could've played mindgames and like stayed in or superpowered or something. dunno, pretty generic turn. it looks like the obvious switch but these guys are like struggling to get in each others heads right now by the looks of it. makes me wanna go read the third eragon book.

Ike123 switched in Deoxys-f (lvl 100 Deoxys-f).
Deoxys-f is exerting its pressure!
Deoxys-f lost 225% of its health.
Ike123's Absoldeath fainted.
---
Deoxys-f.//0% (Dead)
Score 4/3 Ike123
---

Deo scouted out his move and since Dialga can't KO with dpulse, I switch to Rai to sleep the next foe and put absol out of commission.

Nice sacrifice seeing as Deo doesn't have much use left now.

This is why death fodder is so important. Now ike can switch in whatever he wants to the dragon pulse, as he has scouted scarfdialga's move. Good move on his part.

Ike123 switched in GuyLaroche (lvl 100 Darkrai).
NS Absol X switched in Rayquaza (lvl 100 Rayquaza).
Ike123 switched in Dialga (lvl 100 Dialga).
Pointed stones dug into Fabbles.
Fabbles lost 25% of its health.
Ns Absol X's Fabbles fainted.
---
Rayquaza.//0% (Dead)
Score 4/2 Ike123
---

I send in my sleeping nightmare to terrorize my foe, but then I remember that his Ray can switch in and die from the SR and this allows him to send in a pokemon for free. I change my choice and instead of voiding I retreat to Dialga to take on any nonscarferpoke he summons.

NOOO! I was expecting him to void so then I could bring in my other poke. Now i'll have to go to Dialga again but this time his scizor is too weakened to wall me and Rai will get Koed if he switces in.

More death fodder switching in to scout. Now he can bring in dialga and ko feelbe darkrai, as a sleep now in the lategame on something healthy would be debilitating. But scizor is too weak to kill dialga, so maybe absol has this wrapped up for an endgame sweep, despite being down.

Ike123 switched in Articanus (lvl 100 Scizor).
A critical hit!
Scizor lost 56% of its health.
Ike123's Articanus fainted.
---
Scizor.//0% (Dead)
Score 3/2 Ike123
---

I go to scizor to weaken his Meteor storm if he used it but now Rai is coming in for a repeat performance and this time, he's gonna sleep something.

The crit isn't really necessary as I would outspeed and KO him anyway and I ready myself for the devil himself, Darkrai.

Well there goes scizor in what I assume to be more death fodder scouting. Maybe darkrai isnt as frail as I think it is and you need to draco meteor to seal its fate.

Ike123 switched in Darkrai (lvl 100 Darkrai).
Ns Absol switched in Mind (lvl 100 Darkrai).
Darkrai used Dark Void.
Mind fell asleep!
Mind lost 12% of its health
---
Darkrai (Absol) .//75%
---

I sleep his Rai and now proceed to Focus blast to shatter Dialga like a glass cannon or obliterate the opposing Rai.

Rai is now asleep and I can't risk Dialga being blasted apart by focus blast so I stay in and hope for a 1 turn sleep.

And absol's darkrai comes in to get slept! At this point, focus blast is pretty safe to do seeing as all the rest of the pokemon are weak to it.

Darkrai used Focus Blast.
Darkrai lost 146% of its health.
NS Absol X's Darkrai fainted.
---
Darkrai. (Absol) //0% (Dead)
Score 3/1 Ike123
---

I break his Rai with a massive blow, allowing him to send in his Dialga and slay me.

With Rai gone, I send in my last poke Dialga.

Well its almost over now. The noob question: Does he need draco meteor to destroy darkrai, or will dragon pulse suffice. Even more concerning: can a 1/2 power draco meteor ko rayquaza? a 210 base power attack coming from base 150 sp.attack should do it. but what is mr ike's last guy? o.O looks like he needs a focus blast miss to save him or something.

Ns Absol X switched in Dialga ( lvl 100 Dialga).
Ike123 switched in Dialga (lvl 100 Dialga).
Dialga used Draco Meteor.
Dialga lost 78% of its health.
Ike123's Dialga fainted.
Dialga's special attack was harshly lowered.
---
Dialga (Ike123).//0% (Dead)
Dialga (Absol) .//40%
Score 2/1 Ike123
---

Rai and my hidden poke are too valuable to be sacrifices so I offer up dialga to be incinerated by his storm and now reveal my last Poke...

Absol I attempt to slay his rai and get a weak dragon instead, and with -2 my special fails to beat Rai..

And he Draco Meteors, sealing his own fate rather than hoping for a crit or for darkrai to be ko'd (which it probably doesnt come close but I'm too stupid to realize it).

Ike123 switched in Jabba (lvl 100 Rayquaza).

I send in Ray to send a mind blowing attack to end his annoying Dialga for good. NOw Draco meteor that HOE!

I was pretty sure I could send his Ray into oblivion even with -2 so I fire aaway.

Well at this point ike has it wrapped up. What an intense game, even for someone as noobish as me to the uber metagame! I thoroughly enjoyed that. Right down to the finish. Just goes to show how much of a beast scarfdialga is I guess.

Dialga used Draco Meteor.
It's super effective!
Rayquaza lost 89% of its health.
Dialga's special attack was harshly lowered.
Rayquaza used Draco Meteor.
Dialga lost 101% of its health.
NS Absol X's Dialga fainted.
Ike123 wins!
Ike123: good game absol
NS Absol X: gg
Ike123: Jabba owns

Props:
-Had prediction involved with both sides.
-No relevant hax
-SR pwns

Slops:
-Outrage for being 3 turns

Pretty good match, nothing really wrong. Some nice plays. But why do you have to post this as your quitting match; what kind of a life can asians have without pokemon???? *even buff ones*

This is further evidence that Choice Scarf Dialga needs max Speed. I should probably fix that on my Peer Edit.

Entertaining warstory. There haven't been many uber warstories lately, so it's a nice change of pace.

This is further evidence that Choice Scarf Dialga needs max Speed. I should probably fix that on my Peer Edit.

Entertaining warstory. There haven't been many uber warstories lately, so it's a nice change of pace.
Yes you should max out the speed, scarfga is awesome man and thats why i named it after you.
Thanks for the comment Guy and Drugged.

If this is your last match, Ike, I have to post. Sad to see one of our best battlers go, but you gotta do what you got to do. Good luck, man.

On the battle - it was pretty good. Good predictions on both sides, but I didn't feel too much tension in the match. You got an edge early on, and even with solid play Absol couldn't bridge the gap. It was still a good read though, so w/e.

One thing. Draco Meteor on ScarfDialga's last switch-in seemed weird. After looking over some calcs, Dragon Pulse is "better", but it doesn't really make a difference considering Absol would still have to be pretty lucky to win.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey Ike, I'm sad to see you go. Smogon really is losing one of its best battlers, and it's a real shame that you can't stay..

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Why did I get Groudon and Maniac Gira-O? :(
lol j/k
Sad to see you go buddy. Hope you'll return sometime in the future.

Why did I get Groudon and Maniac Gira-O? :(
lol j/k
Sad to see you go buddy. Hope you'll return sometime in the future.
Heh, Your a cool person Jibaku and that set you had was real creative so you were Don and Maniac was Tina since he gave me the set. Ill prob return in the next Gen Jib.
Thanks Olie , Justin, Paltheos, and legacy for all your comments.

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
Two friends and two of the top Uber battlers play it out... great game AbsolDeath and Ike123! How does Jabba win ~_~

Sad to see you go but this just means me, Absol, and drugged will have to pick up the slack a bit!

Heh its cool to be the nickname for the most game breaking pokemon in Ubers! =D

You ain't Darkrai :nerd:

Anyway, pretty good story Ike, definitely an interesing read.
Thanks Maniac for the comment as well as your Tina set and thanks for commenting as well Itachi, long is better.
You drugged and absol better pick up the slack fabbles, im counting on yall.

Awesome, actually used my formatting. XD I didn't really think anyone would use formatting for a log I made back in the middle of March. o0; Sweet nevertheless.

I'm usually not into uber warstories, but I read it anyway. Interesting match and pretty entertaining. I liked the amount of commentary, too. Enjoyable read, Ike. And sorry to hear you're going out, but I think you capped it off off nicely and good luck with everything.

Awesome, actually used my formatting. XD I didn't really think anyone would use formatting for a log I made back in the middle of March. o0; Sweet nevertheless.

I'm usually not into uber warstories, but I read it anyway. Interesting match and pretty entertaining. I liked the amount of commentary, too. Enjoyable read, Ike. And sorry to hear you're going out, but I think you capped it off off nicely and good luck with everything.
no see I absolutely love your formatting and when Ike was gonna run warmachine I was like o.O if you want this to be better than everyone elses you have to use something different....better. because warmachine is great, but everyone uses it nowadays. fortunately, your formats never cease to amaze people.

oh ike. how i will miss you. you're were always on the uber ladder whenever i needed a tough fight, and even though i lost more then i won, they were always fun :)

Yay I'm Scizor! =3
Anyway, thanks for all of the great times Ike. I'm glad that I got to know you and that I was thought of a little bit when you made this. Maybe with this warstory people will play ubers, and with more uber players I won't be so goddamned bored waiting for a match! @_@

But enough about that! Good luck with whatever you do with your life and I hope to still talk to you on AIM!

Hey man, that was a pretty fun match, seeing as your leaving ill keep the #1 seat warm for you. XD. Glad a nub like me could be featured in your last match. D=. Don't leave you asian (insert massively long swear word here). XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)