An unoriginal name is chucking wood! Unoriginal Name versus Woodchuckle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
First battle, decided to go straight for the actual battling soon I got approved.

Beginner Battle
1 Pokemon per side
Singles battle
3 days until DQ
1 substitution
No recovers or chills (want this to be a quick battle)
Arena, as found on this post.
Type: Fire/Water/Ground/Ice (based on current weather)
Complexity: Intense
Format: Probably all, but built with Singles in mind

Restrictions:
Randomized weather, no manual weather changing At the end of every turn/period of actions (or whenever the ref feels fit, if (s)he so decides to change it) the weather is randomized. Randomized weather can change the course of a battle. Each weather has a 25% chance of happening. Of course, weather moves and abilities have no effect, as this is indoors and the weather is controlled purely by technology.

Dig priority -3 Tough walls and flooring make Dig have a priority of -3.

Moves restricted based on weather Surf and Dive may only be used in rain, Grass-type recovery moves (I.E Leech Seed) only in sun, Blizzard only in Hail (basically a guaranteed miss in non-hail, not just a miss chance), and attacks with the word Sand, Mud or Muddy (like Muddy Water) may only be used in Sandstorm. In return, each attack in this list's priority is increased by 1 (so 0 priority to +1 priority).

-3 Priority for air-based moves Due to the huge coaster overhead, Fly, Bounce and Sky Drop have a priority of -3 each in order to prepare and make sure the move user doesn't hit and ruin the ride.

Description: At Koffing Amusement Park, or KAP, there is a very quirky ride tucked between the Koffing Cones stand and Combee Hive: the Castform Coaster, an indoor roller coaster full of loops, twirls, and, as the name suggests, constantly changing weather. Well, simulated weather, but it works the same way as the authentic. This weather changes randomly at regular intervals; first it's sunny, then a sandstorm rages, followed by hail taking over, and so on. The coaster itself is controlled with power generated by a Castform's Thunderbolt and Weather Ball, but you're not battling on the ride, oh no. You're battling below it.

KAP likes to hold random battles with randomly selected trainers all over the place, and under Castform's signature ride is no exception. You and your competitor have been chosen to have a battle for the spectator's enjoyment, and are preparing to duel it out with your Pokemon of choice. The randomized weather will certainly make a big impact in this indoor attraction's battle, and a mascot dressed as Castform sitting inside a booth will decide it with the RNG his smartphone has accessed. With an equal chance of each weather, a good roll can turn the tide of a battle; a surprise Sand Rush activation or Ice Body heal-up can make all the difference. However, unlike everyone's favourite Poke-meteorologist, it's not all about the weather. The well-constructed walls and floor, flashing lights and marvelous ride overhead also may make an impact of a battle, and the most important thing in any battle, strategy, is still vital. You just need to utilize the weather, whether good or bad, wisely to control the battlefield and, ultimately, the battle completely. "Best of luck to both competitors!" a voice booms via the speaker system. "Five... Four... Three... Two..."

My challenger, as per norm, picks ability and item method

My Pokemon I'll be battling with:

Piplup [Emperor Iceberg] (M) (*)
Nature: Modest

Type: Water
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Torrent: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the Base Attack Power of any water attack is increased by two (2). (eg Water Pulse goes from 6 to 8, Hydro Pump from 12 to 14)
Defiant: (Innate) The Pokemon has a deep sense of honor, and whenever one of its stats are decreased by an opponent's Attack or Ability, its Attack increases by two (2) stages. Attack Boosts gained this way are not subject to deterioration that round. (DW) (Inactive)

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1(-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4(+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 40
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Pound
Growl
Bubble
Water Sport
Peck
Bide
Fury Attack

Aqua Ring
Hydro Pump
Icy Wind

Blizzard
Surf
Scald

Hope I'm doing this right :P
Edit: As shown below, Woodchuck accepted, still looking for a Ref who can handle the complexity of my arena :P

Accepting the above.
Items = Training (amulet coin, exp share, etc...)
Ability = all
I'll be using Snowman the Skitty.

Skitty [Snowman] (Female)
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Type: Normal
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Abilities:
Cute Charm: Innate. This Pokemon’s natural cuteness causes Pokemon of the opposite gender to be attracted to it 30% of the time after striking with a contact move.
Normalize: Can be Disabled. This Pokemon has mastered Normal-type attacks and can change any attack type to have a Normal energy signature. All attacks used by the Pokemon are considered Normal-type attacks, although they retain the same status-inducing and other properties. The Pokemon's Normal-type attacks will have four (4) more Base Attack Power.
Wonder Skin (DW, Locked): Innate. The Pokemon's skin has an agent that heavily resists attempts to change its composition. It changes the accuracy of all non-damaging attacks to 50% before applying any other modifiers.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 3 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 50
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 12

EC: 3/6
MC: 3
DC: 2/5

Attacks:
Fake Out
Growl
Tail Whip
Tackle
Foresight
Attract
Sing
Copycat
DoubleSlap
Assist
Charm
Faint Attack

Zen Headbutt
Helping Hand
Sucker Punch

Thunder Wave
SolarBeam
Frustration
Return
Double-Edge

Total Moves: 18
Hello everybody, and welcome to Koffing's Amusement Park! Our battle today is between users new and old. Unoriginal Name, the Challenger, has only been around for a day or two, and has a completely new Piplup to use in their first battle. In the other side of the area is Woodchuck, a strong user with a strong Skitty, that I have fought and been destroyed by, and reffed it destroy another user. That is one strong Skitty! Woodchuck is also the creator of ASB's SQSA thread, in which users ask questions. Will Woodchuck's uber-strong Skitty defeat the penguin, or will the penguin pull something out of the metaphorical hat?

How this is going to work​

Unoriginal Name sends out a Pokemon
Woodchuckle sends out a Pokemon, attaching items, and orders
Unoriginal Name orders
I fail at life ref​

The first round will have No Weather.

Thanks for refusing this :D
Edit: Dang autocorrect. I meant REFfing.
Well, I have no other choice in a 1v1, do I now?

Piplup [Emperor Iceberg] (M) (*)
Nature: Modest
No item.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Let's go, Skitty.
@ Amulet Coin

[Normalize Enabled] Fake Out ~ Return ~ Return
IF Piplup uses Bide A2 or A3 then replace the actions starting from that action with Tail Whip ~ Sing

Ugh... I hate Fake Out. Just hope Cute Charm doesn't hate me today.
Flinch ~ Aqua Ring ~ Scald

Nothing better to do than set up and hope for a Scald burn.

And, yeah, sorry 'bout that autocorrect error with my last post. Typing this from my iPad 'cause my computer is in for repairs, and lets just say that Apple seems to like making me disrespectful to everyone. Ugh.

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
@ Unoriginal Name: I know what you mean. I'm reffing from an iPhone like usual, and that damn autocorrect likes to change Pokemon's names to "pup lump" and "pip lip".

Pre-Round
Unoriginal Name
Piplup (Emporer Iceberg) @ Nothing

EN: 100
Ranks: 1/2/4/2/40
Other: None

Woodchuckle
Skitty (Snowman) @ Amulet Coin

EN: 100
Ranks: 3/2/1/2/50
Other: None​

Round One

Skitty began this battle quickly, by quickly striking Piplup, flinching it. Skitty was able to pick up this advantage by returning its happiness from its trainer by attacking Piplup, having its power boosted by a fair amount. Piplup did not seem to want to begin aggressively, just setting up a veil of water so it can heal itself, slowly but surely. Skitty struck Piplup again, similar to its last action, just taking more energy to do it. Piplup shot a jet of boiling water at Skitty, trying to stop the power of its attacks, but just damaging it in the end.
It seems as though Woodchuck and Skitty have taken the advantage for this part of the battle, but can Unoriginal Name and Piplup make a comeback?

Action One

Skitty: Fake Out (-3EN)
Crit: <=625
=6054 (N)
Piplup: [4+3+4+4.5-3]
=12.5HP

Piplup flinched.

Action Two

Skitty: Return (-6EN)
=7812 (N)
Piplup: [10+3+4+4.5-3]
=18.5HP

Piplup: Aqua Ring (-8EN)

Piplup: +2HP

Action Three

Skitty: Return (-10EN)
=2961 (N)
=18.5HP

Piplup: Scald (-5EN)
=1297 (N)
Skitty: [8+3+6-3]
=14HP
Burn: <=3000
=3311 (N)

Summary:
Piplup: -47HP, -13EN
Skitty: -14HP, -19EN

Post-Round
Unoriginal Name

HP: 41
EN: 87
Other: Aqua Ring (4a)

Woodchuckle

HP: 76
EN: 81

And the weather for Round Two will be…
1-2500 Rain, 2501-5000 Sun, 5001-7500 Sandstorm, 7501-10000 Hail
2347/10000

Rain

Unoriginal Name orders
Woodchuckle orders
I ref​

Rain? Perfect!

Scald ~ Surf ~ Surf
If Scald doesn't burn, replace 2a with Scald.
Edit: Oh yeah, forgot the 1 sub thing. I'm an even dumber idiot. Sorry. Changed it.

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
Pre-Round
Unoriginal Name

HP: 45
EN: 87
Other: Aqua Ring (4a)

Woodchuckle

HP: 76
EN: 81

Round Two

So, after the first round Piplup and Unoriginal Name were behind by quite a bit. Now, after some delays by the trainers (such as Woodchuck ordering first) we have finally made it to Round Two. Piplup shot some more Boiling Water at Skitty, picking up some rain on the way, only to be stopped by a Protective Barrier in front of it. Skitty charged at Piplup with joy again, causing Piplup to be more fiery and shoot even more Boiling Water at Skitty, but still not burning it. Skitty continued its happy attacks, while Piplup made a wave with all of the rain in the arena to hit Skitty.
At the end of Round Two, Skitty and Woodchuck are still out in front. Can Piplup and Unoriginal Name pull a victory out of the hat, or will Woodchuck's experience and Normalize defeat the young Napoleon?

Action One

Skitty: Protect (-6EN)

Piplup: Scald (-9EN)
Skitty: [8+3+3+6-3]
=-8.5EN

Action Two

Skitty: Return (-6EN)
=2168 (N)
=18.5HP

Piplup: Scald (-13EN)
=1600 (N)
Skitty: [8+2+3+3+6-3]
=19HP
Burn: <=3000
=3880 (N)

Action Three

Skitty: Return (-10EN)
=2158 (N)
=18.5HP

Piplup: Surf (-6EN)
=5738 (N)
Skitty: [10+2+3+3+6-3]
=21HP

Summary:
Piplup: -31HP, -28EN
Skitty: -40HP, -30EN

Post-Round
Unoriginal Name

HP: 10
EN: 59
Other: Aqua Ring (1a), Torrent active.

Woodchuckle

HP: 36
EN: 51

And the weather for Round Three will be…
1-2500 Rain, 2501-5000 Sun, 5001-7500 Sandstorm, 7501-10000 Hail
=5835/10000 Sandstorm

Sandstorm!

Woodchuck orders
Unoriginal Name orders
I ref​

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
idk about experience i've legitimately just spammed Skitty's Normalize boosted attacks.
Skitty is ridiculously strong...
Return ~ Return ~ Return

I now have a deep hatred of Skittys. Or I'm just jealous of yours. Either way, I'm sure this is GG for me, but I'll hopelessly try anyway.
Sandstorm isn't the best, but not as bad as Sun I suppose.
Scald ~ GIGA PUMP (Hydro Pump + Hydro Pump Combo) ~ Cooldown, if not already dead

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
Pre-Round
Unoriginal Name

HP: 10
EN: 59
Other: Aqua Ring (1a), Torrent active.

Woodchuckle

EN: 51

Round Three
Normalize Skitty is OP.

Action One

Skitty: Return (-14EN)
Crit: Irrelevant
=18.5HP

Piplup fainted

Post-Round
Unoriginal Name

HP: KO
EN: KO
Other: KO

Woodchuckle

EN: 37

Prizes

Woodchuckle: 2CC and a win!
Unoriginal Name: 1CC and a loss.

Skitty: 1EC, 2MC, 1DC, 1KOC
Piplup: 1EC, 2MC, 1DC

Me: 2UC

Thank you for battling, have a good day, Skitty is overpowered, Normalize is overpowered, et cetera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)