1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

And It Sweeps Again! OU RMT

Discussion in 'Past Gen Teams' started by ShadowRayquaza, Jul 15, 2009.

?

How did you like my team?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2009.
  1. Better than my team.

6.1%
  2. About as good as my team.

21.2%
  3. Worse than my team.

72.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowRayquaza

ShadowRayquaza

Did you just get sweeped?

This is a team based off a Metagross sweep but is not made around it. It has other sweepers and other that take out Meta's counters.

[​IMG]
    Jirachi@ Choice Scarf
    Ablility:Serence Grace
    EVs:80HP/252Atk/176 Spd
    Jolly nature(+Spe,-SAtk)

-Trick
    This is for bulky, slow leads such as Bronzong, Metagross, and Swampert
    -Stealth Rock
    Almost every lead needs this...
    -U-turn
    To escape Magnezone after I tricked my scarf
    -Iron head
    Alright, the reason I use jirachi is this. Would u like a lead that can faint the other lead with out the other lead doing any thing 60% of the time?

Serene Grace is the best ability IMO. This will take care of almost all leads, though this lead is luck based. The best lead I have ever used.

[​IMG]

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 232Atk/252Spd/24 SAtk
    Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
    -Outrage
    Best physical dragon type move ever, but I get revenge killed a lot when I'm stuck on it
    -Earthquake
    For those steels that resist Outrage
    -Dragon Dance
    The main part of this set, I can get a free Dragon Dance on the switch if Jirachi tricked a scarf on earthquake.
    -Fire Blast
    Skarmory, Scizor and Forretress are just soooo evil...

This has a nice defensive combo with Metagross and Jirachi. They cover each others weaknesses perfectly. Sometimes I dont get to sweep with Metagross and sweep with him.

[​IMG]
    Latias@Choice Scarf
    Nature: Timid (+Spe,-Atk)
    EVs: 82Hp/176 Speed/252 SpA
    -Draco Meteor
    To kill the evil DD Mence
    -Thunderbolt
    To hit bulky waters
    -Surf
    Coverage with dragon only resisted by Empoleon
    -Trick
    To cripple walls
    This is a sweeper, given a few chances to CM, that can't be taken down by special attacks. This was actually supposed to be a special wall. I didn't like Blissey because it can't really do anything.

[​IMG]
    Raikou @ Leftovers
    Timid Nature(+Spe,-Atk)
    Ev's: 68 HP / 116 SpA / 72 SpD / 252 Spe
    -Thunderbolt
    STAB for awesomeness
    -Calm Mind
    Boost My special attack and my special defense until the opponents special attacks are under that magic 25%
    -Substitute
    Blocks status
    -Shadow Ball
    Nice coverage and to hit rotom-a super effectively

I tested this after Futility suggested it. This is just awesome, coming in right in Rotom's face and subbing as it WoW's and then I just as it tries to break my sub with Shadow Ball, than WHAM! Shadow Ball ko's and sweeps his team:)

[​IMG]
    Heatran @ Choice Scarf
    Rash Nature(+SAtk,-SDef)
    EV's: 4 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spe
    -Overheat/Flamethrower
    STAB for awesomeness:)
    -Earth Power
    Coverage with Fire
    -Explosion
    To blow up the nurse
    -Dragon Pulse
    Dragons...Are evil...
    The best revenge killer ever. Revenges a lot of threats to my team such as Mamoswine and other random stuff like Celebi, Magnezone(Can't trap me na na na na na na O YA!)and TTar. Testing Overheat and it seems to be better than Flamethrower. I don't know which to use.

[​IMG]
    Metagross@Leftovers
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs:112HP/252Atk/12Def/132Spe
    Adamant nature(+Atk,-SAtk)
    -Meteor Mash
    STAB move that has a chance to raise Atk
    -Earthquake
    To Do damage to the fire types and the steel types.
    -Ice Punch
    Hurts Celebi and Dragons a lot
    -Agility
    Speed up and sweep

Your basic Agliligross. I sweep late-game when I know the other team. Hopefully I know if they have any counters.

That's my team. Please Rate my team and give me suggestions for changes. My lead is Jirachi and will stay jirachi FOREVER.
  2. ShadowRayquaza

ShadowRayquaza

Can some one actually RMT and give some suggestions please?
  3. Toxic Torture

Toxic Torture

Well your team has a major weakness to fire and ice, 3 pokes weak to each so I would recommend a pokemon other than either Scizor or Gross. Gyarados would fit well into either of those slots in my opinion.
  4. Stylish Interval

Stylish Interval

I like the team, i'll come back for a full rate tomorrow (2 a days tire me out) but I say ignore the user above from my quick glance. Top two fire types [Infernape/Heatran] are both handled fabulously by Latias and you threaten ice types with your Steel resists and offer up SE hits, one with priority I might add.
  5. Toxic Torture

Toxic Torture

I am using the team with a BulkyGyara over Metagross, and am 6-0 so far.
  6. Stylish Interval

Stylish Interval

You can't come on and say I've beaten 6 people. We do not know variables such as: Were the people noobs? Did they use any good strategies? Were their teams viable for OU play? Also you must compare results with that of the team you have modified. Are you opening up any weaknesses that weren't there before? Which weaknesses are you solving that couldn't already be solved one way or another. Saying you're 6-0 does not prove anything besides the fact you won 6 games against different (possibly) people with any given amount of luck involved.
  7. Toxic Torture

Toxic Torture

I am sorry for offending you by offering advice when he asked for it, my bad.
  8. Stylish Interval

Stylish Interval

The problem with Raters is you just said that. You didn't let him know what you fixed with Gyarados and what holes you opened up. What ways could they be patched up? Just expand and help him more than "Replace this pokemon with this pokemon." It'll make you that much better of a rater.
  9. Futility

Futility

You say that you have pokemon that can handle Metagross' counters, but you don't even have a pokemon that can fully counter Metagross' #1 counter- Rotom-H. I know you have Pursuit on Scizor to take care of it, but it can easily Overheat you and finish Scizor off in one blow and then you have little to stop the oven from walling Metagross forever. One suggestion is to replace Scizor with a Raikou, since he also decimates the bulky waters that also wall Metagross (or weakens him enough that any of your attacks can finish them off)

With a Substitute and Calm Mind set, Raikou can set up on Rotom-H all it wants. Here's the moveset:

Raikou @ Leftovers
    Nature: Timid
    Ev's: 68 HP / 116 SpA / 72 SpD / 252 Spe
    Moves:
    -Thunderbolt
    -Calm Mind
    -Substitute
    -Shadow Ball

With the bulky Waters out of the way, Metagross can use Ice Punch to beat bulky Grass Pokemon like Celebi or Explosion just in case you need to get the hell out and let another pokemon of yours sweep. I would also recommend you replace Togekiss with a Scarftran, so that you can reliably remove Mamoswine before he can kill 5/6 of your pokemon with Earthquake and Ice Shard.
  10. ShadowRayquaza

ShadowRayquaza

Futility, I will try to use Raikou. I will try to use heatran too(I have VERY bad expieriences with him. Anyway, i've never seen a Mamo b4.

And can toxic and poke actually say sumthing? all you 2 are doing is really getting mad at each other...
  11. Cecil07

Cecil07

A CB Mamoswine does 73.63% - 86.82% damage with ice shard against Togekiss.
  12. ShadowRayquaza

ShadowRayquaza

that's a high chance with SR, but what if there was no SR and i ko'ed with Aurasphere?
  13. Stylish Interval

Stylish Interval

Editing in the rate I wrote here (Please forgive spelling/grammar errors):

Haha, be prepared. I like to explain things a lot. :P (Thanks Dormin)

I do see you're main counter to Rotom-A being Scizor. A problem is he can't safely switch in, reason being Will-o-Wisp can burn him and render him pretty useless for the rest of the match. An alternative I see is Latias using Calm Mind to reduce Damage from his STAB Shadow ball, going from close to 50% to 32%-38%. You could stall him out, although being burned it still hits close to that 50% mark unless you use another. A Ttar with Min. Sp.D can also take a +1 Surf, meaning he could KO you there. Not good. The above user mentioned a SubCM Raikou, which would work wonders should you avoid the burn (because losing 12% each turn would be bad with no form of recovery). That way you could indeed set up. Blissey also works well, being able to Toxic bulky waters to keep them from getting you late game, and being able to heal status on your team with Aromatherapy is also a nice plus. I reccomend this set:

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    Ev's: 252 Def/ 80 Sp.A/ 216 Sp.D
    Moves:
    - Aromatherapy
    - Softboiled
    - Ice Beam/Seismic Toss (Just for those who love it)
    - Toxic

LO Gengar also makes a nice threat to this team, if Scizor is not there or if the Gengar has HP Fire. HP Fire of course takes care of Scizor. Togekiss is OHKO'd by Thunderbolt if it switches in (76% minimum with 25% SR damage from). Metagross loses a big chunk of health to Shadow Ball, and also can be 2HKO'd with combo of any of it's moves (aside from Explosion) which means it cannot switch in safely either. Salamence is 2HKO'd by Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt with SR in play. Jirachi follows a path similar to Metagross if it has lost it's scarf already, meeting doom from HP Fire/Shadow Ball if it decides to switch in. Again, Blissey can take care of Gengar as well here. Unless it runs Focus Punch (which most don't) it can deal only 31%-36% with Focus Blast (Same set as above). The only thing threatening this Blissey is Explosion, which most won't carry along with HP Fire. You'll either force it to switch out or you can alternate between Softboiled and Ice Beam (29%-34%) to wear it down.

Lucario poses a fine threat to this team. Salamence can come in on an SD and be able to survive one E-speed but only at full or close to full health (It takes 60%-71%). Togekiss takes a good 73%-87% from a +2 E-speed, and 55%-65% from a +1, meaning it should also be at pretty high health in order to switch in. A +1 Luke always OHKO's Metagross with CC if SR is in play, and also OHKO's Jirachi with CC. Latias is OHKO'd by a +2 E-speed, and takes 59%-70% from a +1, so it also needs high health to take on Luke.

The above poster to my earlier comment also made a point in ScarfTran being there to replace Togekiss. I agree with him that it would make a much better revenge killer, being able to take care of Luke among other pokemon. Scarftran Set:

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
    Naive/Rash Nature
    EV's: 4 HP/ 252 Sp.A/ 252 Spd
    Moves:
    Fire Blast/ Flamethrower
    Earth Power
    Explosion
    HP Grass/HP Ice/ Dragon Pulse

HP Grass will take care of bulky waters, HP Ice can deal with Gliscor/Dragons and Dragon Pulse can deal with Dragons as well and Kingdra should you need to. (Yes I stole that from Smogon. Shoot me) I'll go ahead and reccomend HP Ice for Gliscor and most of the Dragons. Although Dragon Pulse allows you to hit Kingdra, I feel that hitting Gliscor would be something else that would be helpful. It can, after all, set up on Metagross pretty easily. This Heatran can also take care of other Metagross, Celebi and Scizor. Don't forget Porygon-Z (so long as it isn't that damned Sub-Salac set). Power to the Revenge Killers. *Generic Protest Song here*

The threat that is Mamoswine. It can easily take care of many of your teams Pokemon, EQ being able to KO both Metagross, Jirachi and Scizor (CB or LO). The CB Mamoswine has a 28% chance to OHKO Latias with SR damage (using Ice Shard with CB it deals 78%-92%), meaning you need it closer to being very healthy as well, Ice Shard takes care of Mence as well. Togekiss also takes 72%-85% (CB) meaning it has a 79% chance of a OHKO with SR in. Again I reccomend Heatran here as it can easily revenge kill Mamoswine with Flamethrower/Fire Blast. This is one of those times I"m going to reccomend Flamethrower. Even though you lose power, if you miss against Mamoswine it would be game over for you basically.

That's about all I have for now. The reccomendations I made were Cleric Blissey over Scizor and Scarftran over Togekiss. I'll sum up an explanation here:

Blissey over Scizor: Running through a few of these I see Scizor really has no purpose on your team aside from taking care of Tyranitar (which can be checked by Mence who can deal 75%-89% with EQ no boost and Heatran dealing 46%-55% with Naive Nature and 51%-61% with a Rash) and taking care of Rotom-A, which can be done better by Blissey. Blissey shuts it down in the attacking area, doesn't mind WoW as it can heal it off, and also holds other pokemon at bay such as Bulky Waters, Zapdos, Yanmega and Togekiss.

ScarfTran over Togekiss: I don't see Togekiss revenge killing any major threats to your team. Scarftran takes care of Metagross, Celebi, Scizor and PG-Z. It also takes care of two major threats to your team: Mamoswine and Lucario. I see it all around doing a better job at revenge killing than Togekiss.

That's all I have for now. I've looked back over and don't see other holes yet, but let me know if you find any and I'll do my best to help you patch them up.
  14. ShadowRayquaza

ShadowRayquaza

Poke, I like your advice, but i personaly HATE that dumb nurse. I already changed Toge to Tran(bye, my 7th favorite pokemon,bye*plays sad dramatic music*). ScarfTran's been working great, but if u want a hole, il give you a hole.
    If a salamence has dd'd once, it sweeps my team. :(boohoohoo.Can some one give me advice for checking mence?
  15. ShadowRayquaza

ShadowRayquaza

16. Stylish Interval

Stylish Interval

Lol at one minute bump. :P

Well, DDMence. I think of P2 but he doesn't fit well with your team. So I'm to go with you'll have to lure it in to using Outrage and then switch in Heatran to HP Ice/Dragon Pulse. But that pretty much means Sacrificing your own Salamence which is meh.

I know CB Scizor can do 58%-69% with Bullet Punch. So add that to stealth rocks (I'll do min damage here) and you get 83% meaning it has two turns to attack really. Plus Fire Blast could miss, getting you the win over the big dragon. If you hit closer to max damage it only gets one chance to really do anything. So I'm reccomending switching your Scizor to CB for now. Let me know how that goes, or if you want another option. I could try and think of some.

Looking back now, Scizor was also your check to DDtar. Now, unless it carries Babiri, it can also take care of that.
  17. skizoo

skizoo

This team is good, but you gotta find some that doesnt lack fire type moves. Put like a tyranitar, heatran or even a gyarados.

a infernape will easily do damage to your salamence, and latias on a switch with Fire blast, or if doing predictions correctly do an HP ice.

If you think infernape will not do damage then you'll wait and see. One fire blast or HP ice can do the damage, then if you wanna recover and predicting a switch, Boom, they have the opportunity to put in a scizor or a U-turner. Right there they will counter every part from you.

and togakiss is better off as a tank flincher. it would do less damage on if someone is trying to do a U-Turn.
  18. ShadowRayquaza

ShadowRayquaza

Umm... If you have been reading the other posts, i already changed kiss to tran.
  19. Stylish Interval

Stylish Interval

Fire Blast fails to 2HKO but he is right actually (double checked my calcs) there is about a 28% chance Nape can 2HKO your Latias with HP Ice..But couldn't the same be said for just about every pokemon, luring you out and then switching to a counter. That is indeed what we call Pokemon.

Anyway ShadowRayquaza, how has it been going? Are you still having trouble with any certain pokemon?

EDIT: Oh yeah I recommend going ahead and changing the OP so other raters know what you changed and don't have to read through posts to find out. Like that guy (see above)
  20. BP94

BP94

Did you just get swept?*
    Hmm, extremely ground weak is first thing that comes to mind.
    Has some dragon/steel synergy..but eh, having Rachi and Meta who are the same exact type isn't great.
    Not too many specific threats you would have trouble with, but you better keep Latias around or you are going to be in a lot of trouble when you come across a Swampert, if you see what I mean. It will cost you at least 1 pokemon if you explode with Heatran to get it low. HP grass on Raikou could be a solution to this.
    All around decent team, not too many complaints, but I don't see it working too much.
  21. ShadowRayquaza

ShadowRayquaza

LOL someone found out that 2/3 of my team is either dragon or steel(used to be 5/6). Umm... swampert? Are u kidding? thats the poke im the most not worried about. Most are leading and i trick a scarf on them while they SR and EQ.if SR i use SR as the switch.then u-turn if faster and switch if not.If EQ,I switch to Mence and dd , then i say gg:)
  22. ShadowRayquaza

ShadowRayquaza

23. ShadowRayquaza

ShadowRayquaza

lol Um... DDtar gets revenged by Tran but DDMENCE IS EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still need help. Can some one help me?
  24. Stylish Interval

Stylish Interval

Well if Raikou isn't doing much, you could always go back to Scizor and change it to CB, which as stated above literally stops it from sweeping your whole team (if it does that, which I assume it does). Although this does again open a hole to Rotom-A.

Other than that the only other thing I can think of is Scarfing Mence and running Naive to outpace it. *Cue depressed music*

EDIT: A stroke of genius. Heatran can come in to Rotom-H on a predicted Overheat and get a power boost (1.5 power boost is nifty!) or just come in cutting off both WoW and OverHeat. But that's all I thought of..
  25. ShadowRayquaza

ShadowRayquaza

Wait... Scarf latias! but is scarf latias good?and since when did i say that raikou wasn't doing much???????
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)