Animated Movie Mafia Postgame

von can go cry in a corner.

Quick note on hosting mistakes:
I admit, I was loose-lipped. I gave away too much information too readily (especially to the mafia), and there were a few things I said that could potentially have been game-changing. For example, Quagsires wasn’t sure whether he wanted to lynch US or UP, and I told him that he could send me UP’s action. This could have resulted in Quagsires gunning for US, because “oh UP must be on my team so US must be the maf”, but he suspected US more before and after that incident. When I told vonFiedler before the game that he could be Mulan, I was not lying - I was mistaken. The original game design included Mulan iirc, but for whatever reason I took it out, and I forgot that I had done so when I told von this. (Either that or I was going to add Mulan in over something, but I forgot). I did not lie with the intention of giving von something other than what I promised him. I was simply mistaken about whether or not Mulan was in the game. When server_crash asked the question “Is mulan in the game?” as his yes/no asker role, I wasn’t going to lie to him just so I could “be fair to von.” Life isn’t fair. I’m going to say this right here: Von should stop crying about the fact that he died and the fact that he didn’t get the role he wanted and fucking suck it up. It’s a fucking game. It doesn’t fucking matter.

The C1 stealth lynch:
I shouldn’t have allowed that. I had already decided to change the rules I had preventing stealth lynches, but I shouldn’t have taken them out right then and there, but I should simply have waited until my next game, instead of changing the rules in the middle of that game. My logic for allowing stealth lynches remains, but I should at least have announced the rule change before I went on with the stealth lynch.

One more quick thing:
Because we didn’t give the kills priorities (allowing for crossfires), if UltraPorygon had decided to lynch King Emerald and kill UncleSam (or vice versa), then UP would have died, macle and Athenodoros would have killed each other the next cycle, and there would have been no winner. (I originally had RBG winning in that scenario, but then UncleSam pointed out that wouldn’t work because RBG has to be alive to win).

Anyway, on:
If you want them, here are the three spreadsheets LW and I had:
The roles
The actions (putting all these in one place makes it easier to keep track of them)

Dreamworks:
Dear Staraptor Call,
you are Madagascar.

A 2005 Dreamworks film about a lion, a hippopotamus, a giraffe, and a zebra who escape the zoo and live in the wild with the dancing lemurs, you were nominated for quite a few awards including Best Animation. Despite the fact that you received a 55% rating from critic reviews, most of the critics actually found you either excellent or terrible, with the reviews varying greatly in between the two.

Each cycle, you may PM polelover44 and LightWolf with “Cycle X - give <user> Melman’s pills”. <User> will be so high that he will fail to complete an action that cycle. This does not work on lynch votes.

You are allied with Dreamworks. You win if Dreamworks eliminates all opposing factions.
Comments:
Staraptor Call tried to unite Dreamworks, but when he realized he was being lynched during Cycle 1 he broke his silence to attempt a fuck tiger, but it backfired when his teammate theangryscientist was lynched instead.

Dear Nachos,
you are Shrek.

A 2001 Dreamworks film about an ogre who finds true love in a cursed princess, you won the first ever Academy Award for best Animated feature, sparking the Dreamworks revolution of the animated movie business. Your main character, Shrek, even has his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Each cycle, you may PM polelover44 and LightWolf with “Cycle X - protect <user> with ogre-ific smell”.
Any attempts on <user>’s life that night will fail.

You are allied with Dreamworks. You win if Dreamworks eliminates all opposing factions.
Comments:
I don’t think he did much, he was kind of just there for 3 cycles then he died.

Dear Fatecrashers/Engineer Pikachu,
you are The Prince of Egypt.

A 1998 Dreamworks film, the second ever created, about the story of Moses from being a Prince of Egypt to leading his people out of exile, you were the highest-grossing non-disney animated film until 2007, when you were defeated by The Simpsons Movie. You still remain the 398th highest-grossing film of all time in the USA, and the 319th worldwide.

Once every three cycles, starting on Cycle 1 (this means Cycles 1, 4, 7, 10, etc.), you may PM polelover44 and LightWolf with “Cycle X - release plagues on <user>”. <User> will die a horrible death.

Comments:
Fate didn’t get his C1 action in cause his internet was down, then EP was active until his death.

Dear zorbees,
you are Shark Tale.

A 2004 Dreamworks film about a fish who is always thinking up get-rich-quick schemes which always fail, you received a worse box office reception than most Dreamworks films. You are now back with a vengeance.

Each cycle, you may PM polelover44 and LightWolf with “Cycle X - tell <user1> that he can get his money from <user2>”. Because <user1> wants his money, he will be forced to vote for <user2> the next cycle. Neither user can be yourself.

Comments:
idled twice, died C1.

Dear theangryscientist,
you are Megamind.

A 2010 Dreamworks film about a villain who must turn hero to save the city from a new villain you created because you wanted him to be a hero because the old hero retired but you thought he died, you received positive reviews from critics, a feat rarely accomplished by a movie.

You have no action. However, because your main character is a villain, your vote counts as -1.

Comments:
Yeah he was just unlucky.

Dear J-man,
you are How to Train your Dragon.

A 2010 Dreamworks film based on a book of the same name, you received broad critical acclaim, and as such Dreamworks will also soon be coming out with “How to Train your Dragon II: Electric Boogaloo.”

Each cycle, you may PM polelover44 and LightWolf with “Cycle X - Fly dragons around <user>.” All actions directed towards <user> will now hit you.

Comments:
Relatively active, but didn’t participate much in the game.

Dear Flamestrike,
you are Kung Fu Panda.

A 2008 Dreamworks film about a panda who wants to learn kung fu, you received quite a positive reception from critics, more than Megamind but less than How to Train your Dragon, both of which were 2010 films.

Each cycle, you may PM polelover44 and LightWolf with “Cycle X - Panda Stealth <user>.” Panda Stealth involves spiking someone’s noodles and retrieving the contents of their pockets. They probably won’t have much useful, but you will get their full role PM.

Comments:
Was active until his Cycle 6 death, led Dreamworks from behind the scenes (with the help of vonFiedler). The best of the Dreamworkses, although that’s really not saying much.

Pixar:
Dear Quagsires,
you are Toy Story.

The children’s classic from 1995, you are about Woody, the leader of a group of dolls and other toys, who has to deal with this idiot Buzz Lightyear acting all cocky.

You have no action. However, your influence with kids makes your vote count as 2

You are allied with Pixar. You win if Pixar eliminates all opposing factions.
Comments:
Led Pixar after Snype and Dogfish bit the dust. He was active and played a big role in the game, even though he couldn’t do anything cause he was silenced practically all game lol.

Dear Crux/Spiffy,
You are The Incredibles

A 2004 Pixar film about a family of superheroes in a time when superheroes are outlaws, you received an Incredible reception from the critics, and made the list of the Top 20 Action films of all time!

Each cycle, you may PM polelover44 and LightWolf with “Cycle X - Guard <user>.” All attempts on <user>’s life will fail.

Comments:
Was relatively active after subbing in and before his death, he was suspicious of UncleSam and voiced said opinions in the thread, but didn’t do much else. Spiffy sucks.

Dear Nightmare Jigglypuff,
You are Toy Story II: Electric Boogaloo

A 1999 Pixar film and the sequel to the hit movie Toy Story, you are one of the highest ranked Pixar films of all time, along with your friends Toy Story and Toy Story 3. If that’s not an accomplishment, I don’t know what is.

Each cycle, you may PM polelover44 and LightWolf with “Cycle X - Distracting <user>.” All of <user>'s actions that night will be directed at you.

Comments:
Active, participated in lynch, kind of a follow-the-leader situation, like the rest of Pixar.

Dear HD/UltraPorygon,
You are Monsters, Inc.

A 2001 Pixar film about monsters who survive by collecting children’s screams, you are a critically acclaimed movie, receiving an average score of 7.9/10.

Each cycle, you may PM polelover44 and LightWolf with “Cycle X - Scare <user>.” While you are collecting <user>’s screams (this will last all cycle), they cannot perform their action. This does not apply to votes.

Comments:
UP subbed in for HD, whose internet was like dying, and he was pretty active. Decided the game with his kill/lynch vote on Cycle 8.

Dear LifeAdmiral,
You are Finding Nemo.

A 2003 Pixar film about a fish who has to find his lost son, you were a fan favorite, and even critics called you an almost perfect movie.

Each cycle, you may PM polelover44 and LightWolf with “Cycle X - find <user>.” All you will be able to remember is <user>’s home address, and in their house you will find their full Role PM.

Comments:
Reasonably active, played pretty well, got lynched. Not much to say tbh.

Dear StevenSnype,
You are Ratatouille.

A 2007 Pixar film about a rat who becomes a chef, stunning the food critics worldwide, even one who has never tasted anything good in his career even though he’s like 600 years old.

Once every three cycles, starting on Cycle 2 (This means Cycles 2, 5, 8, 11, etc.), you may PM polelover44 and LightWolf with “Cycle X - poisoning <user>’s food.” <User> will die of poison.

Comments:
Led Pixar with Dogfish, played well, not much to say.

Dear Dogfish44,
You are Up

A 2009 Pixar film about an old man and a little boy who go off on a wonderful balloon-filled adventure.

Each cycle, you may PM polelover44 and LightWolf with “Cycle X - Give <user1> a balloon shaped like <user2>.” All of <user1>’s actions will be redirected towards <user2>.

Comments:
Led Pixar, but was way too open with certain people (UncleSam), and too trusting of everyone.

Disney:
Dear Server_Crash,
You are Snow White

The 1937 adaption of the classic fairytale, you received critical acclaim, as well as a standing ovation from the premier audience, which included such stars as Charlie Chaplain and Ginger Rogers.

Each cycle, you may PM polelover44 and LightWolf with “Cycle X - Asking question.” In the body of the PM you put a question. This question must have a yes or no answer. This question may not discuss priority. This question may discuss only ONE OF the following: Username, Role Name, Ability, or Faction. Questions such as “is user allied with me” count as Username and Faction, and therefore are not allowed.

You are allied with Disney. You win if Disney eliminates all opposing factions.
Comments:
Was found out by someone (I forget who) pretty early on, but got off some nice questions with these strict parameters.

Dear Athenodoros,
You are Cinderella

The 1950 adaption of the classic fairytale, you were Disney’s first huge hit since Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, and Disney gambled $3,000,000 on you. That’s $27,600,000 today!

Each cycle, you may PM polelover44 and LightWolf with “Cycle X - cleaning <user>’s house.” Any actions performed on <user> except for kills will fail.

Comments:
Active, played well towards the end. Made the decision to kill vonFiedler during Cycle 6, based on B_T’s PM which I’ll detail later.

Dear Blue_Tornado,
You are Sleeping Beauty

The 1959 adaption of the classic fairytale, you were not initially successful but enjoyed successful re-releases over the years.

Each cycle, you may PM polelover44 and LightWolf with “Cycle X - putting <user> to sleep.” <User> may not post in the thread the next cycle.

Comments:
Led Disney, united them all pretty quickly, and exposed vonFiedler as a mole through server_crash’s question. Sent the following PM to me, LightWolf, s_c, King Emerald, Athenodoros, and LifeAdmiral during Cycle 4:
Blue_Tornado said:
as you can tell, I have sent this to all of you at once. this is obviously not a mistake, and i'm doing this because i am now completely sure of our rooster. a lot has been happening and i am currently unsure of how we will pass the night, so, in face of any scenario, i am making sure you will stay united.

blue_tornado - silencer
server_crash - y/n asker HEAVILY restricted sigh
athenodoros - safeguard
king emerald - bodyguard

currently i want king emerald to continue protecting me, while server asks a question i am currently still thinking of ?_? also athen i really don't know at the moment.

for now i think i have figured out the full rooster of the hidden faction-

vonfiedler
unclesam
macle

i am almost completely sure of this, and i have a lot of things that back up this here point. now i don't want to cause an uproar like this just yet so i'd rather everyone stay quiet. again, i am terribly unsure on how we're going to go through this night but i think all should be going well, the wolf and pixar hooker (i'm almost positive) will likely be going down tonight, while i fear the hidden mafia will be targeting one of us, mainly me or ke. i am convinced that athen will not be targeted by them (long story) and killing server would be a waste on their part. so basically i'm hoping for the best really. remember to keep quiet about the hidden mafia - i'm only sharing this because i'm no longer confident in my staying power tonight, but yeah, let's see what happens.

ps i made a channel-- #scribblet, i'm not so sure on my channel-making skills but yeah, it's there and you can all invite yourselves in excluding ke since i don't know your irc name..
This united Disney and outed the entire hidden faction, which led to Athenodoros’s kill of von in c6. Played quite well, and was active both in the thread and on irc.

Dear wickdaggler,
You are the Little Mermaid

The 1989 Disney film and the precursor to their great films of the ‘90s, you are about a mermaid princess who wants to become part of the human world.

Each cycle, you may PM polelover44 and LightWolf with “Cycle X - become a part of <user>’s world.” <User> will become so entranced by your voice that they will fail to complete an action that cycle.

Comments:
Classic follow the leader blah

Dear King Emerald,
You are Beauty and the Beast

The 1991 Disney adaption of the classic fairytale, you received universal praise from critics, even making critic James Berardinelli’s Top 100 Movies of all time list at #56.

Each cycle, you may PM polelover44 and LightWolf with “Cycle X - <user> is beauty.” All attempts on <user>’s life will fail.

Comments:
Classic follow the leader blah, played pretty decently after BT died though

Dear Yeti,
You are The Lion King

The 1994 Disney film and most successful adaption of William Shakespeare’s Hamlet to date, grossing $783,841,776 to a budget of $45,000,000.

Once every three cycles starting Cycle 3 (that means Cycles 3,6,9,12, etc.), you may PM polelover44 and LightWolf with “Cycle X - hunting <user>.” <User> will die.

Comments:
Classic follow the leader blah

Dear imperfectluck,
You are Aladdin

The 1992 Disney film and adaption of the classic Arabian Nights story, you received an excellent reception from the critics and won two Academy Awards.

Each cycle, you may PM polelover44 and LightWolf with “Cycle X - set genie on <user>.” Your genie will follow <user> and return with their full Role PM.

Comments: Classic follow the leader blah, tried to mole the Pixar but did not succeed because there are only 11 Pixar movies.

Live Action Movies:
Dear vonFiedler
You are Casablanca

The 1942 classic from Warner Bros., you are about a cynical tavern owner who runs into his true love and helps her escape the Nazis.

Each cycle, you may PM polelover44 and LightWolf with “Cycle X - <user> is my best client!” Because <user> is your best client, you will protect him/her from all kills tonight

Additionally, once every three cycles starting on Cycle 1 (that’s Cycles 1,4,7,10, etc.), you may PM polelover44 and LightWolf with “Cycle X - kill <user>.” <User> will die.

Your team’s details are in a separate PM.

You are allied with the Live Action Movies. You win if the Live Action Movies eliminate all opposing factions.
Comments:
Played excellently, successfully moled both Disney and Dreamworks, he and UncleSam controlled the entire game for a good while.

Dear UncleSam,
You are Lawrence of Arabia

The 1962 super-mega-widescreen classic about the life of T.E. Lawrence from Columbia Pictures, you are often considered one of the best movies of all time.

Each cycle, you may PM polelover44 and LightWolf with “Cycle X - Show <user> the SUPER-MEGA-WIDESCREEN VERSION!” <User> will be protected from all night actions except kills.

Additionally, once every three cycles starting on Cycle 2 (that’s Cycles 2,5,8,11, etc. ), you may PM polelover44 and LightWolf with “Cycle X - kill <user>.” <User> will die.

You are allied with the Live Action Movies. You win if the Live Action Movies eliminate all opposing factions.
Comments:
Played excellently, successfully moled Pixar extremly early, controlled the game along with vonFiedler.

Dear macle,
You are Titanic

The 1997 James Cameron film and one of the most spectacular films visually of all time, you are widely considered the best movie ever made despite having neither a plot nor interesting characters.

Once every three cycles starting on Cycle 3 (that’s Cycles 3,6,9,12, etc. ), you may PM polelover44 and LightWolf with “Cycle X - kill <user>.” <User> will die.

Additionally, because you are so popular, you can survive being lynched three times.

Comments:
Uh yeah he didn’t do much (I don’t think he claimed to anyone, but everybody thought he was part of one of the other main factions until the failed lynch on him). Though there wasn’t much left for him to do.

Dear vonFiedler, UncleSam, and macle
You are the Live Action Movies, a mafia faction in this game.

Here are your members:
vonFiedler - Casablanca - Bodyguard & 1/4/7 kill
UncleSam - Lawrence of Arabia - Safeguard & 2/5/8 kill
macle - Titanic - 3-time LPV & 3/6/9 kill

Because each of you can kill on one particular cycle, you have no specific leader. However, any one of you can send in night actions for the other(s).

You win if the Live Action Movies eliminate all opposing factions.

Neutral:
Dear Rodan./RBG,
You are The Godfather

The 1972 mob drama from Paramount Pictures, you are about a mafia boss, Don Vito Corleone, and his sons, Sonny and Michael. Along with your immediate sequel, The Godfather Part II, you are routinely listed among the best films ever made.

Each cycle, you may PM polelover44 and LightWolf with “Cycle X - Send underlings to ice <user>.” <User> will be shot repeatedly in the motherfucking face. This will cause <user>’s death.

Additionally, you may PM polelover44 and LightWolf each cycle with “Cycle X - Make <user> an offer he can’t refuse.” Included in this offer is <user> giving you his full Role PM.

Additionally, once in the game and only once, you may PM polelover44 and LightWolf with “Cycle X - Bribe <user1> to sentence <user2> instead.” If the majority of votes is on <user1>, <user2> will be lynched instead. If the majority of votes is on anyone else, this ability will fail and you will not get to use it again.

You may not kill and redirect the lynch on the same cycle.

You are allied with yourself. You win if you are the last one standing.
Comments:
Got his actions in, didn’t really do much else. Then he got inspected which sealed his fate.

AWARDS:
Best Dreamworks: N/A(vonFiedler). Nobody really played the game that well - Flamestrike seemed to be directing things a bit, but he mostly laid back and let von do his dirty work.
Best Pixar: Dogfish44. Played pretty well, but was too open with his spreadsheet, and after he and StevenSnype died the only one with sheet access was UncleSam the mafia.
Best Disney: Blue_Tornado. He figured out who all the mafias were on Cycle 4, and he led Disney up until his death. His pm C4 led to the kill of Von eventually
Best LAM:vonFiedler. Moled two factions, controlled the entire game, and he wouldn’t have died if not for B_T. I was hard-pressed to choose between him and US, but eventually went with von because he moled two factions to US’s one.
MVP: vonFiedler.

very in-depth postgame

do you know what's not in-depth? this post

warning: i wrote this very quickly and so an extraordinary amount of grammar mistakes are to be anticipated.

Night 0:

After past even-village multifaction games, I've learned that leaving the leader position to a possible mole is not something I want, so I took said position myself. I wanted to get organized quickly, and it was really a matter of quick union versus cautios play. I tried convincing people that time passing wouldn't help at all, and that it was either "claim" or "wait until you get proof, which could take ages", and even said proof could have been fake because the possibility of moles existed, so said the rules. I really devoted myself to try and get things started, to no big avail. Something that caught my eye back then was Von's immense will to get things started, and hastiness in general, which got me suspicious. Some claims were funny too (such as Zorbees claiming to be Bill Gates) but that wasn't really a big factor in the long run.

Cycle 1:

I had trusted Staraptor's pubclaim, so I had a big target right at the beginning. Pixar, who were going through ipl trauma, wanted a quick target, so we went for S-Call. Fortunately, he got himself godkilled, and I guess my urgency to get united and fast got us the position of that faction everyone wants to lynch WITH and not lynch FROM. I had to pick between lynching the Pixar killer (we didn't know the kill bounces from player to player back then) or a common enemy we thought to be not Pixar, Disney or Dreamworks, aka non-trio or external, as I called it. I wanted another 'strong' faction alongside Disney, as if it was 6-6-7 Dreamwors-Pixar-Disney, we'd probably be next in line. So I went with the non-trio route, which ended up being another dreamworks. What happened then was dreamworks losing most of their forces while we "lost our killer", which was very unfortunate.

Really most of my fellow Disney ended up to be GMT-8 and the like, something that resulted in me having alot of false Disney claims and little true Disney contacts, although Yeti did want to get in contact before she died, and so did Athen, although Dogfish told me that his inspector (life) told him that Athen is scum. I assume he inspected Athen and saw that he is Disney, in hindsight, but although it wasn't confirmed, I took note of this and went on. I thought that maybe we could get some diplomacy going, me and Athen, so I wanted to keep him alive.

I got in contact with Wick, the first Disney to truly claim, who was our hooker, and then ipl (I talked to him a few before) started pouring info my way as an aftermath of his moling attempt on Pixar. I knew from him that life was inspect and that Crux(Spiffy) was bg, and, really, I assumed that ipl was telling the truth about his Disney-ness judging by his behaviour, but I was still suspicious "because he's ipl". Server Crash claimed as well, and he earned my trust as well.

Cycle 2:

Herein lies "the folly". SCall was about to get lynched so I wanted someone decent with a weak role to attempt a mole on Dreamworks. Von was on and, although I suspected him, I knew he was good and (rather) weak and our time was limited, so I asked him if he's up to it and of course he agreed. He wanted to explain that he thought he was moling Disney (to explain his behavior up to that point) but "he got inspected by Disney inspector n0 so BT knew all along", and while it was a bit unneeded, I went with it. Of course, I had to alert ipl, the "inspector", of this, so he won't counteract or something. So I did, and he got curious and wanted to leech some (lots of) data for his inspection result on KE. So I decided I may as well get him in contact with Von, and that's when the three of us started strategizing. I think what happened next was a result of me being wary of ipl too much, which was blinding me of my fear of von moling as well. So when I decided to show ipl the sheet and combine all data we had at that point, I gave von access as well. I treated as someone fully trustable for no real reason, just so we can get stuff done, a lot like what I was going on about earlier with "time versus caution". So Von got access to the Dreamworks sheet and we kept pouring data on to our combined super sheet. I really thought we had the game under full control back then, which was of course a big mistake. This is no doubt the biggest mistake I've made, albeit one of the very few mistakes that I've actually made. I kept gathering claims and by the end of the cycle our sheet was almost full. Von was using Flame to get info from Pixar, ipl told us about life and crux of course, and I of course rounded up Disney. We planned that KE would protect me while Von would Decoy ipl while Von himself would get bg'd by Dreamworks BG. We also had what was essentially two inspectors - ipl and Flamestrike.

At this point, we thought an inspector in the form of Life was a threat so we lynched him. We also thought Pixar would target ipl for their kill (which they did), so von was meant to take that. Of course, that didn't go as planned..

Cycle 3:

Meaty log with most my complaints and thoughts at that point;
Code:
Session Start: Sun Feb 27 18:32:32 2011
Session Ident: polelover44
01[18:32] <Blue_Tornado> hi pole i have some questions
[18:33] <polelover44> ok
[18:33] <polelover44> ask your questions
01[18:33] <Blue_Tornado> one
01[18:34] <Blue_Tornado> does a decoy redirect kills too
01[18:34] <Blue_Tornado> when it happens
[18:34] <polelover44> yes
[18:34] <polelover44> so does a martyr
01[18:34] <Blue_Tornado> ok
01[18:34] <Blue_Tornado> two
01[18:34] <Blue_Tornado> regarding that martyr
[18:34] <polelover44> but not a redirector
01[18:34] <Blue_Tornado> if i target a redirector with a martyr
01[18:34] <Blue_Tornado> and redirector targets user1 and user2
01[18:34] <Blue_Tornado> what happens
[18:35] <polelover44> user2 will become you
01[18:35] <Blue_Tornado> oh
[18:35] <polelover44> well not you
[18:35] <polelover44> but the martyr
01[18:35] <Blue_Tornado> yes
[18:36] <polelover44> any other questions?
01[18:36] <Blue_Tornado> well let me think
01[18:36] <Blue_Tornado> why did you give us the new killer now
01[18:36] <Blue_Tornado> and not last cycle
01[18:36] <Blue_Tornado> (why didn't you alert us when the killer died basically)
01[18:36] <Blue_Tornado> (we thought we had no kill)
[18:36] <polelover44> cause you wouldn't have had a kill last cycle anyway
01[18:36] <Blue_Tornado> i see
[18:36] <polelover44> and cause it switches each time you do
[18:37] <polelover44> it'll be someone else cycle 6
[18:37] <polelover44> assuming you guys live that far
01[18:37] <Blue_Tornado> :(
01[18:37] <Blue_Tornado> i really don't get 1) why do neutrals + mafia have a kill each fucking broken and
01[18:37] <Blue_Tornado> 2) why are they killing the factions that are getting boned
01[18:37] <Blue_Tornado> that's counterproductive
01[18:37] <Blue_Tornado> they want the trio to fight eachother
01[18:38] <Blue_Tornado> when one bigger faction is left (pixar) they will hunt non-trio down
[18:38] <polelover44> well maybe neutrals/mafia are dumb
01[18:38] <Blue_Tornado> so yeah i think they're dub
01[18:38] <Blue_Tornado> dumb*
01[18:38] <Blue_Tornado> -_-
01[18:38] <Blue_Tornado> and i really hope wick didn't get randed
[18:38] <polelover44> ok
01[18:38] <Blue_Tornado> if he did just fuck seriously
[18:38] <polelover44> also lightwolf said it was balanced
[18:38] <polelover44> so it's balanced
01[18:38] <Blue_Tornado> it would be balanced if at least one of them
01[18:38] <Blue_Tornado> is peaceful with the trio
01[18:38] <Blue_Tornado> as in doesn't need them dead
01[18:39] <Blue_Tornado> oh and i currently have one cofirmed mole in my ranks
01[18:39] <Blue_Tornado> either von or athen
[18:39] <polelover44> ok
01[18:39] <Blue_Tornado> at this point i may as well suspect von for wick dying like that
01[18:39] <Blue_Tornado> and ipl dying like that
01[18:39] <Blue_Tornado> and apparently von told j-man to martyr my silence
[18:39] <polelover44> ok
01[18:39] <Blue_Tornado> who the fuck does that -_-
[18:40] <polelover44> von does apparently
[18:41] <polelover44> well
[18:41] <polelover44> don't blame me for what other players do
01[18:41] <Blue_Tornado> i'm not
01[18:41] <Blue_Tornado> sigh
01[18:41] <Blue_Tornado> i thought i was playing well too
[18:41] <polelover44> also why has nobody killed spiffy seriously fuck
01[18:42] <Blue_Tornado> we're going for it tonight
01[18:42] <Blue_Tornado> do not fret
[18:42] <polelover44> ok cool
[18:42] <polelover44> Dreamworks is more screwed than you at this point though
[18:42] <polelover44> tbh
[18:43] <polelover44> they lost power roles (hooker + bg)
[18:43] <polelover44> and roles that could have helped them with the lynch (persuade+negvote)
[18:48] <polelover44> also
[18:48] <polelover44> you'll soon see if there's a mole
[18:48] <polelover44> cause on cycle 6, someone else will get the kill
[18:48] <polelover44> and so on and so forth
01[18:48] <Blue_Tornado> well i'm 100% sure there's a mole
01[18:48] <Blue_Tornado> there are 2 external kills each cycle
[18:48] <polelover44> and if someone gets the kill
01[18:48] <Blue_Tornado> which means at least two neutrals (or neutrals + mafia)
01[18:48] <Blue_Tornado> which means
01[18:49] <Blue_Tornado> no 8-man factions
[18:49] <polelover44> they must be a member of disney
01[18:49] <Blue_Tornado> only 7-man
01[18:49] <Blue_Tornado> yes i realize
01[18:49] <Blue_Tornado> pretty funny how dogfish tried convincing me they have no hooker
[18:49] <polelover44> lol
01[18:50] <Blue_Tornado> honestly i feel as if i'm playing well but nothing is going my way
01[18:50] <Blue_Tornado> :l
[18:50] <polelover44> there are some times
[18:50] <polelover44> when you're just unlucky
01[19:11] <Blue_Tornado> spiffy IS lynched right
01[19:11] <Blue_Tornado> as in
01[19:11] <Blue_Tornado> silenced
[19:17] <polelover44> yeah
[19:17] <polelover44> spiffy is silenced
[19:17] <polelover44> if something had gone wrong
[19:17] <polelover44> I would have told you
01[19:18] <Blue_Tornado> ok
01[19:18] <Blue_Tornado> thanks
01[19:54] <Blue_Tornado> would von receive a result
01[19:54] <Blue_Tornado> if his decoy failed
[19:57] <polelover44> if it failed for a reason, yeah
01[19:57] <Blue_Tornado> then it failed
01[19:57] <Blue_Tornado> and von got no result?
[19:57] <polelover44> I should rephrase that
[19:58] <polelover44> if something in the game made it fail, it would get a result (hooker, priority up/down, safeguard, etc.)
01[19:58] <Blue_Tornado> so what exactly made it fail
01[19:58] <Blue_Tornado> -_-
[19:58] <polelover44> if it failed for another reason (I'm a dick, it doesn't exist, etc.) then there would be no result
01[19:59] <Blue_Tornado> are you saying he didn't decoy ipl
01[19:59] <Blue_Tornado> since if it 'failed' for ANY reason, you're saying he'd gotten a result
[19:59] <polelover44> yep
01[19:59] <Blue_Tornado> -_-
01[19:59] <Blue_Tornado> i know now is not the time to out von but seriously
[19:59] <polelover44> except
01[19:59] <Blue_Tornado> i think i'll have server try and check his nameclaim
[19:59] <polelover44> I may have simply forgotten to send him a result
[19:59] <polelover44> I do that a lot
01[19:59] <Blue_Tornado> then
01[19:59] <Blue_Tornado> check
Von had estimated that his action failed as a result of a priority up, which, what a coincidence, was infact the reason, at least for what he claimed pole sent him as a result. At this point i was obviously suspecting von but at the same time his behavior and productiveness convinced me otherwise, and even if he was a mole, nothing would stop me from keeping the strategizing going, especially as he has sheet access anyway. Of course, I told SCrash to check Von anyhow.

At this point we wanted to even things out so we lynched Dogfish and killed Spiffy. Not much else is strongly in my head at the moment.

Cycle 4:

I resumed my strategising when a bit after the first 24 hours SCrash showed me his result. At this point I really felt the game was open again so I united my faction and gave them the heads-up. Like i've explained in the thread, I knew what everyone was at that point, through elimination, educated guesswork and hard facts. Here is the post(http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3365921&postcount=227).

I started planning according to me and von's combined planning. I knew that at this point Von and his faction would likely want to kill one of us, so I wanted to make their kill failed. I told von that I thought that KE was more likely to get attacked than me, so I told him to Decoy KE while KE BG's him and not me-- yeah, I said I didn't think I'd die. I KNEW they would just have to kill me as a result, as they knew I was unprotected, since Von thought I trusted him, so I believe that is what made their kill fail that night. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I wanted to maybe talk to some other leaders about the hidden faction, but I agreed on the fact it would be highly benificial for me to continue "working" with von and planning on top of our plans.

This was also the cycle, correct me if I'm wrong, in which we found out from Flamestrike that RBG was the wolf. We wanted to abuse RBG as much as possible while killing him off, so I had von PM this(http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3366107&postcount=235) to RBG. Von suggested killing HD as an "either Hidden Faction or Pixar" option. Of course, this is what let me believe that Sam is Hidden and that HD is not, and by process of elimination, HD was the Pixar hooker that Dogfish tried hiding from me, while practically giving away the fact they do infact have a Hooker. This was, again, an educated guess that turned out to be true.

We lynched Snype(?) here because von insisted on it, and Pixar were still a threat, and although Quagsires was probably the better option (HD "was getting killed by RBG"), I went with it because it would mean that in the case of a Pixar kill on Dreamworks or Hidden Mafia (more on this subject in Cycle 5), and if Hidden Mafia had a hooker-esque role, they wouldn't know the Killer, as it would get passed to a random Pixar (either Quagsires or HD/UP).

Cycle 5:

I stayed with the format of "von protect KE and KE protect von" in hopes that the trick will work again, since honestly, I doubt there was a better option and I was sure Hidden Mafia would pull all the stops against us at that point (be it killing KE, which would make Von look bad, which they didn't mind at that point, or by safeguarding and killing me, which they did do. I actually didn't know they had a safeguard, and although there was the result from Flame's inspect on Macle, I thought Von faked it..).

I told Von of my plan-- which would hopefully result in the Pixar not killing us. We'd lynch a dreamworks and do Pixar a favor, while they'd Kill a Hidden Mafia, which we agreed on would be Macle. I explained that if a Disney is lynched, Hidden Mafia would kill a Dreamworks while Pixar would more than likely kill a Disney, resulting in a Hidden Mafia win. I also explained that a dreamworks/hidden mafia lynch - pixar-against-disney kill would lead to the hidden mafia killing a disney, and them having the ultimate advantage. And I described that if we take a Hidden Mafia down while Pixar kill Disney, Dreamworks will be the ones with the ultimate advantage. So I legitamately showed him that the lynch dreamworks kill hidden mafia was the best option for Pixar, since Hidden Mafia would kill a Disney, meaning losses on each of the three sides while no Pixar loss. It was an ultimately good deal.

I knew, however, that Von wouldn't let me kill Macle like that. I knew that he'd think they would kill him, if at all, so he'd set up a bg on him. So, I told Quagsires UncleSam's name instead, in hopes that he'd get killed. Unfortunately, I learned this afterwards, but it appears that Pixar trusted Sam, so they thought I was lying to them and so.. they killed us. Great. It's sad because maybe, if I stuck to Macle, we'd have one more member left and we'd have the advantage. Maybe. Or maybe it would cause to a Disney onslaught, so I might as well be happy I offered Sam instead.

So the disappointment I've had at that point was directed at Quagsires, since I think we'd had it won if he complied, and I actually expected him to, seeing as it WAS a worthwhile deal.

So, I died. And Sam did what he did with the hurting, which got me to ill-mindedly contact UP, and we know what happened next. Again, I thought this wasn't breaking a rule, but I should have known better and although this had no real effect, I'm sorry. Now, Sam, have I really played that terribly, so much that I deserved to lose? I don't think so. I think I played well and I'm glad I stepped up in the first place. I've had fun, and I'm sure a lot of others did too. It was fun playing with von right after our game, which he himself kept saying it was very coincidential.

Oh and we should probably stop with the balanaced Village-esque factions multifaction because it tends to end in kingmaker more than not.

And one last mistake I made, which probably wasn't THAT big of a deal but still, was not sharing my sheet with the remaining Disney, which I knew were clean. Here it is, untouched from before I died.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...TeTA2X01xeDFPYVE&authkey=CLeWxdII&hl=iw#gid=0

One last thing I've just remembered-- when Von led the lynch on Macle, I expected Athen and KE to understand that something is up. They might have wanted to out Von, or to talk with Flame or Quag about lynching Von or Sam instead, but then again, I'm not sure if they knew the reason for why I suspected Von in the first place, so I don't think they would have succeded in that. So, whatever, again, I should have shared my thoughts more, but ah well.

GG, it was enjoyable.

So Crux claiming to ipl (I'm assuming this is how he found out my role) pretty much spelled out our doom; I may not have died so early and UncleSam wouldn't have been the only one left with sheet access when Snype died.

And I think if everyone tried to lynch a mafia one cycle earlier the outcome to the game would be different.

And polelover44 sucks.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Next time I'm a wolf, give me at least a chance of winning please?
Tbh wolves aren't around to win, they serve as balancers who provide additional kills. If you look back at the really old games the wolves had it much worse back then.

I don't have much to add to the postgame, but one thing. I know I'm paranoid to the max but dogfish, I don't know what you were thinking being so open and all. Also can someone point out what made the PM of Nightmare Jigglypuff so unbelievable?

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
"Life isn't fair"

What an irrelevant excuse for screwing up a game you should have total control over. I shouldered alot of blame from all the host mistakes you made in Metroidvania and never publicly exposed your bad hosting. You really have areas to improve if you are going to keep hosting, making a postgame thread just to call me a crybaby is not winning you any points.

[09:46] <dogfish44> are you talking to B_T as a dreamworks guy?
01[09:47] <Flamestrike> yeah, trying to see what he's up to
[09:47] <dogfish44> slight issue
01[09:47] <Flamestrike> how so?
[09:47] <dogfish44> he now wants to lynch you
[09:48] <dogfish44> He's a DISNEY player
[09:48] <dogfish44> not a DW player
01[09:48] <Flamestrike> yeah, i was trying to see what he wanted to do for the lynch
[09:48] <dogfish44> >_>
01[09:48] <Flamestrike> except clearly that wasn't the best idea -_-
[09:48] <dogfish44> Now I need to sort that mess out
06[09:48] * dogfish44 gets in a huff
01[10:12] <Flamestrike> lynch looks good, thanks for bailing me out
01[10:12] <Flamestrike> will not try that again
[10:12] <dogfish44> He still suspects you
[10:13] <dogfish44> but put athendoros (unknown) and tas closer to the front of his head
01[10:13] <Flamestrike> that's to be expected sadly, my fault for being stupid -_-
[10:14] <dogfish44> dw
[10:14] <dogfish44> just remind me to make fun of you in a postgame
01[10:14] <Flamestrike> lol, sure

Yeah, I wanted to post that just for the sake of showing that I wasn't a complete failure this game, though I really shouldn't have instantly trusted von like I did. I was in a position to mole Pixar and I didn't want to give it up, nor did I want to let J-man, the bodyguard Nachos or the killer Fate/E_P lead, so I just handed the sheet over to von and let him do everything. The right thing to do would have been inspecting him and going from there, but of course the one time I decide to play risky is the one time it backfires horribly. It wasn't a bad game, though "3 even factions + hidden mafia" is getting overdone and just begs for kingmaker. GG to the mafia, you guys definitely deserved the win (though Disney played well too, so props to them)

von before the next time you decide to call me out on hosting mistakes, maybe you should fucking think again.

And don't give me that "it was a troll game" bullshit. You made a mistake in a game you should have had total control over, the mistake could have changed the outcome of the game but didn't. When rey called you out on it, you responded with 'umad' and 'wait till postgame'.

If you really care this much about an online game of mafia, get the fuck out of my thread.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
von before the next time you decide to call me out on hosting mistakes, maybe you should fucking think again.

And don't give me that "it was a troll game" bullshit. You made a mistake in a game you should have had total control over, the mistake could have changed the outcome of the game but didn't. When rey called you out on it, you responded with 'umad' and 'wait till postgame'.

If you really care this much about an online game of mafia, get the fuck out of my thread.
I made no hosting mistake in what I did. I ran the game according to exactly what my cohost and I had decided prior to the game, which was approved by the mods. Rey took the noncompetitive game too seriously, when unbeknownst to him (hence wait for post game), I was hosting it right. You had terribly loose lips in this game which drastically affected the outcome, and sent people the wrong results frequently in Metroidvania.

You cleaned Server Crash and that did matter. You gave the mafia all we needed to mole like crazy and that did matter. You exposed UncleSam, and told us who the Disney killer was. These are not small things, and they are only things you told a small portion of the players. You drastically altered the course of the game you were hosting. This is not good hosting. You host a bad game, and you act like I am the bad guy. This is not just bad hosting. Not being able to own up to your mistakes makes you pathetic as a person.

Don't post a thread just to call me out and then tell me to leave.

it might just be a problem with my sheets. it's happened before. (edit: just realized you might be talking about pole's)

anywho i want to highlight that the balancing mechanic between three balanced factions sucks and shouldn't be used.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)