1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Another Brick In The Stall

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Ryuuk201, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Ryuuk201

Ryuuk201

Okay so ive been pondering on what i should be running for 5th gen because its less than 2 weeks away, so withought further ado heres what i came up with, any and all constructive critisism is welcomed and apreciated

Hippowdon@leftovers
    Relaxed
    sandstream
    -stealth rock
    -slack off
    -earthquke
    -roar
    252hp 252def
    i chose hippowdown as a lead for stealt rock and the sandstorm set up, i chose him over tyranitar simply because i does the job better in my opinion, i wen ice fng over roar so i have alittle more deffence against chomp and sazandora

Jellicent@leftovers
    Bold
    Water Absorb
    -scald
    -recover
    -toxic
    -ice beam
    252hp 252spdef
    okay so for this team he was the best spinblocker i coud use to cover some of my weaknesses throughout the restof the team and its an all around good pokemon. also ice beam to hit common spinners such as tentacrual for some damage.

Blissey@leftovers
    Bold
    Natural cure
    -aromatherapy
    -softbiled
    -thunder wave
    -siesmic toss
    252spdef 252def
    well to be honest i need a wish healer but i coudnt think of anyting that would fit into the team so i went with therapy blissy so i could get atleast alittle support from the status healing. any alternatives wuld be great

Gyarados@leftovers
    Impish
    Intimidate
    -waterfall
    -roar
    -rest
    -sleeptalk
    248hp 252def 8spd
    welll probably the best annoyer on the team hands down. i went roar over dragon tail due to accuracy because theres not too many ou pokemon using soundproof...

Forretress@shed shell
    Relaxed
    sturdy
    -rapid spin
    -toxic spikes
    -spikes
    -earthquake
    252hp 112atk 144def
    only rapd spin oxic spiker i could use, he doesnt work amazingly but he does the job. cant use tentcruel withought a huuge electric weakness so i just couldnt run him..

Whimsicott @ leftovers
    Mischievous Heart
    90def 168sdef 252spd
    Timid
    - Encore
    - Taunt
    - Leech Seed
    - Substitute

basicly you just switch in to something that it can take a hit from then leach seed, depending on who they switch into taunt or substitute and keep it going with the leftover and leechseed recovory, also gives nice recovery to a teammate as long as the oponent doesnt have a spinner.
  2. RyanTcone

RyanTcone

Jellicent is clearly a status inducer, so I'd suggest running Evil Eye instead of Ice Beam. Also I'd keep Blissey over wish support anyday, with how status inducers have become a big hit Blissey works as a great way to make 1-5 of their moves a waste (which is huge).
  3. Ryuuk201

Ryuuk201

hmm never thought of evil eye, and yeah ive been thinking about just running with blissey and seeing how it works out.
  4. RyanTcone

RyanTcone

If you really wanted to run wish I'd sub out Breloom for either Vaporeon or Jirachi (Id go Jirachi). Breloom is being used primarily for spore and with Jellicent being used purely as a status inducer you don't exactly need a second.
  5. Ryuuk201

Ryuuk201

yeah no thatd be pointless because the only reason i would need wish support is for breloom so i might switch breloom out for tentcruel and switch forretress out for ferrothorn. that way i get rid of forretress who doesnt do well anywayas and i get a spinner and toxic spiker and the same walling as forrestress in ferrothorn
  6. RyanTcone

RyanTcone

Wish isn't necessarily pointless, with sandstorm up and your walls who arent immune taking damage you can wish support them to quickly build them up, thus pissing your opponent off even more. Plus if you're losing spin support its another good way to switch around despite the health loss you'll take from switch ins.
  7. DetroitLolcat

DetroitLolcat Maize And Blue Badge Set :)
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Why does Jellicent have Cursed Body over the more useful Water Absorb. Free healing and an immunity is more important than a chance to disable a move that you're probably immune to anyway.
  8. Ryuuk201

Ryuuk201

okay so i took out breloom and added whimsicott just to see how the team ran and it went super smooth, i also went with roar on hippowdon and changed jellicent to water absorb, and the team ran better than i first expected. thanks for your guys help.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)