Gengar (F) @ Leftovers ** Astonish
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Hypnosis
- Taunt
- Mean Look
- Perish Song

Mean Look a Pokemon, and if Gengar survives, use Hypnosis, then Perish Song. I'll use Taunt on any Pokemon that will try to Substitute or Roar/Whirlwind me out. This Pokemon IS kinda risky, considering that Hypnosis has 60% chance of hitting. Maybe I should use a different Gengar set?

Heracross (M) @ Leftovers ** Hellcock
Trait: Guts
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Restalk Heracross. Either switch him in on a Sleeper, or use Rest to put him to sleep. Then use Sleep Talk to either hit the foe with Megahorn or Rock Slide. Guts makes Heracross stronger. I can also switch him in on a Will-O-Wisper.

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Dragon Dance up, and then use Hidden Power. Rock Slide is for Zapdos. I'm considering using a Speed+ nature so Salamence can outspeed other Salamences. Though, the loss in attack could cause me to screw up.

Houndoom (M) @ Leftovers ** Beat Up
Trait: Early Bird
EVs: 68 HP / 188 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Will-O-Wisp

I'll switch this on a Celebi, then Pursuit the Celebi, or use Will O Wisp to hurt the switched out Pokemon. Either way, a Pokemon is getting hurt. Fire Blast and Crunch are this dude's main beat up moves.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 152 Def / 44 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Whirlwind

Taunt is to stop Pokemon from building up on me. Spikes is to spike the opponent and leave the opponent hurting whenever (s)he switches.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers ** Blizzard
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Def / 52 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Ice Beam
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled

Heal Bell any status, Ice Beam to counter McIceGar, Seismic Toss to do some damage to Pokemon, and Softboiled any hits.

Gengar (F) @ Leftovers ** Genger
- Destiny Bond
- Mean Look
- Perish Song
- Protect

Use Mean Look on the Pokemon, and if Gengar survives the first hit, use Perish Song, and if Gengar survives that hit, use Destiny Bond/Protect until Perish Song takes effect or Gengar dies. I should probably take off Protect for Hypnosis though, because Gengar surviving 2 hits seems very unlikely to me.

Meh. I really dislike these types of pokemon, its just very lame and random. If you really like it and want to keep it, then i suggest hypnosis.

Blaziken (M) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Endure
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Reversal

The main meat of this team. After Tyranitar and the First Priority Pokemon are gone, I'll endure hits, and then Salac Berry takes effect. Then, I'll sweep the team with Reversal. Flamethrower is there for Forretress and Skarmory. I don't want to use Fire Blast because it has a low hit rate, and I don't want to lose the game over a gay miss. Hidden Power Ice is there for Salamences who think they can come in and ruin the fun.

A CB mence can still ruin the fun, you will have to endure the hit, and have a -attack, making reversal nearly obsolete. Id recommend Fire blast because it can ohko pokemon that flamethrower cant, it also benefits more from Blaze.

- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Flying]

This dude is a backup, just in case Blaziken dies. Dragon Dance up, and then use Hidden Power. Fire Blast is for steels who think they can come in and shit all over Salamence. I'm considering using a Speed+ nature so Salamence can outspeed other Salamences. Though, the loss in attack could cause me to screw up.

Boring, I would put rock slide over fire blast, as your team cant really kill zapdos, and you have 2 stab fire types, and 1 other fire attacking pokemon, thats already alot. Adamant is the way to go.

Houndoom (M) @ Leftovers
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Sunny Day

This dog has two functions: Sunny Day then sweep, and to use Sunny Day so the Sandstorm caused by Tyranitar's Sandstream to vanish. Crunch will take down Psychics not named "Celebi" or "Metagross". I'm wondering if I should take off Fire Blast for Flamethrower, since I don't think Fire Blast missing would be near as fatal if Blaziken's Fire Blast missed.

Works. Keep Fire Blast.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SDef
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Spikes

This Forretress is a little different from other Forries. Use Spikes, then Rest when it gets down to Fatal Health, then use Sleep Talk to do a little damage or add more Spikes. Hidden Power Bug is there to frighten Celebi away.

Well i have this thing with Forrys w/o quake. Its mag bait. Its personal preference but thats my opinion.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Flamethrower
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled

Standard Blissey set, Softboiled off any hits, Seismic Toss Pokemon, and Heal Bell any status. I put Flamethrower over Ice Beam, and Serene Grace over Natural Cure. Natural Cure is unneeded because of Heal Bell, and Flamethrower will get a boost from Houndoom's Sunny Day. The higher burn chance thanks to Serene Grace will screw up physical attackers that lack Guts.

Well the good thing about Natural Cure, is that you can be slept, and just switch out, OR absorb status, as Heal bell has low PP. I do like serene grace but im not sure if it would do its role properly.
Pretty balanced team, i would be careful with DD mence though, If it comes in on anything but your Blaziken, With your mence being unable to stop/slow it down, you are a goner. You may want ice beam on blissey, Or get rid of gar for a DDmence counter, you could even drop Forry for Swampert.

Gengar (F) @ Leftovers ** Genger
- Destiny Bond
- Mean Look
- Perish Song
- Protect

Use Mean Look on the Pokemon, and if Gengar survives the first hit, use Perish Song, and if Gengar survives that hit, use Destiny Bond/Protect until Perish Song takes effect or Gengar dies. I should probably take off Protect for Hypnosis though, because Gengar surviving 2 hits seems very unlikely to me.

With that much Speed, Taunt works well, especially w/ Destiny Bond. Protect is good, but I don't see the need for so much Speed when using it.
Hypnosis is recommended if you feel comfortable using it. It's rather cheap, IMO.

Blaziken (M) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Endure
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Reversal

The main meat of this team. After Tyranitar and the First Priority Pokemon are gone, I'll endure hits, and then Salac Berry takes effect. Then, I'll sweep the team with Reversal. Flamethrower is there for Forretress and Skarmory. I don't want to use Fire Blast because it has a low hit rate, and I don't want to lose the game over a gay miss. Hidden Power Ice is there for Salamences who think they can come in and ruin the fun.

It's not worth it to have Hidden Power [Ice] without a sizable SAtk investment. Flygon will likely be faster, and Salamence/Dragonite (even if if they are slower) survive to kill you. More SAtk to increase the damage from Flamethrower is welcome as well. Perhaps if you took some EVs from Speed and put them into SAtk. Speed can be cut off at a certain point anyway--maximum is not a requirement. Just think about what you want to reach after Salac.

- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Flying]

This dude is a backup, just in case Blaziken dies. Dragon Dance up, and then use Hidden Power. Fire Blast is for steels who think they can come in and shit all over Salamence. I'm considering using a Speed+ nature so Salamence can outspeed other Salamences. Though, the loss in attack could cause me to screw up.

LOL backup, "just in case Blaziken dies". Stop the fixation for Fire moves (4 out of 6 pokes is excessive) and give it Rock Slide over Fire Blast. That would make it the best sweeper.

Houndoom (M) @ Leftovers
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Sunny Day

This dog has two functions: Sunny Day then sweep, and to use Sunny Day so the Sandstorm caused by Tyranitar's Sandstream to vanish. Crunch will take down Psychics not named "Celebi" or "Metagross". I'm wondering if I should take off Fire Blast for Flamethrower, since I don't think Fire Blast missing would be near as fatal if Blaziken's Fire Blast missed.

Apparently you need to keep Sunny Day to change the weather. OK fine. I still think Solar Beam sucks. I don't really see it working against smart people using Swamperts. There's more of a case that it helps against Milotic or Starmie, but still you need a better counter for those two too...remember they normally counter Houndoom, not the other way around. So what I'd like to see you try is a status move like Will-O-Wisp (preferred) or Toxic instead. It should provide more utility.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SDef
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Spikes

This Forretress is a little different from other Forries. Use Spikes, then Rest when it gets down to Fatal Health, then use Sleep Talk to do a little damage or add more Spikes. Hidden Power Bug is there to frighten Celebi away.

Whatever. Could be set up on. I would love to see a Phazer using Roar or Whirlwind replace this. A Phazer anywhere on this team would be good, come to think of it. Perish Song doesn't cut it alone. Something that could resist Rock and/or Flying would be beneficial.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Flamethrower
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled

Standard Blissey set, Softboiled off any hits, Seismic Toss Pokemon, and Heal Bell any status. I put Flamethrower over Ice Beam, and Serene Grace over Natural Cure. Natural Cure is unneeded because of Heal Bell, and Flamethrower will get a boost from Houndoom's Sunny Day. The higher burn chance thanks to Serene Grace will screw up physical attackers that lack Guts.

Natural Cure is in almost all situations more desirable than Serene Grace. Heal Bell only has 8 PP, and if you switch out statused, you lose walling potential due to not getting Leftovers when you come back in.

Again you seem to want to use a Fire move. Sure it is different and goes well if Sunny Day is in effect, but Ice Beam covers threats better.
Thunderbolt on Blissey could work too, because Water pokes that pack Ice Beam will hurt. Starmie for example.

I like that you use DDMence with a Spiker. But I'm inclined to want to take out Forretress with something that could Phaze and deal with Water types. Salamence might be better with Choice Band without Spikes support then.

mopcross if my favorite pokemon, its the most dangerous pokemon no question. It works in the sandstorm, so you COULD drop sunny day. If you wanted to, you could use reversal even if you wanted instead. But tyranitars are so common.

you have no real way to kill starmie

starmie can ohko doom/mence/blaziken and starmie is faster then all 3. It can also 2hko gar/forry, leaving only 1 poke that can take a real hit from it.

your only switchin to starmie is blissey, who cant even kill it, and blissey is always easy to abuse. I realize bulky waters arent really a weakness, but i think starmie, especially sweeper starmie with recover, you will have an incredibly tough time defeating.

its late so i might post tommorow and have a solution, but just pointing it out for now to help ya out

Maybe Heracross. But if I were to use Hera as my Starmie patch, I'd make it incredibly bulky and most likely with a Resttalk set. Heracross (Careful/Adamant) @ Lefties: RS/MegaHorn/Resttalk or some variant of that.

Gengar (F) @ Leftovers ** Astonish
- Hypnosis
- Taunt
- Mean Look
- Perish Song
I would use Taunt w/ Destiny Bond, not with Hypnosis. If Hypnosis lands, there is really no need to have Taunt (unless you trapped a Sleep Talker).

Mean Looking first is key. Then since you are so fast, you can risk it with Hypnosis and have pretty much a 60% of screwing whatever's out.

I like Destiny Bond over Taunt here. You could whore it on turns that you think they might wake up on.
Or Explosion and save it to boom on something. Either Destiny Bond or Explosion can catch a Starmie off guard.

If you went with Explosion...move the HP EVs to Attack, and just hope to be lucky with Mean Look + Hypnosis + Perish Song working in time before Gengar takes any damage. (Still, it's likely Gengar will receive no damage at all. So the HP EVs aren't exactly crucial.)

Just trying to spice it up a bit. Taunt is dead weight in that build.

Take note, Anti Standard Teams Can Be Really Hard to Pull off, and Hypnosis Is Risky to pull off as well, It could be Kill or Be killed instance, Wherein You only have Gengar as your Last Pokemon Standing..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)