1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Any idea how long until rotation battles?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Professor Coconut, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Professor Coconut

Professor Coconut

I have a really great plan for a wifi rotation fear team that I want to have rated, but I have to test it first. It will take a ridiculous and painstaking amount of time and effort to make it on my white 2 and black versions if I don't get it right the first time, so I'm hoping that I can test it on showdown instead. Can anyone give me a rough range or estimate of time until I might be able to do that? Thanks!

Oh, and by the way, where's the Showdown FAQs? I thought I saw it earlier, but I can't find it again.
  2. Zebraiken

Zebraiken seize the day
    is a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Super Moderator Alumnus

I'm not incredibly well-versed on what's priority right now, but I'm fairly sure that rotation battles are towards the bottom of the list. You might have to wait a little while. :(

Also, you can find the FAQ here.
  3. Professor Coconut

Professor Coconut

Aww, that's too bad. The first try is still pretty important, so I'll give it a go on my black/white 2 versions. Thanks!
  4. verbatim

verbatim Red like Roses
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderator

Rotation battles are planned for PS, they are however, relatively far back on the list of things to do. Things that occur in important smogon tournaments (doubles, gen 4, and gen 3) will most likely be designed first.
  5. ske7ch6336

ske7ch6336

Not until we get Double Battles in first. I would think that it is higher priority to get in Doubles first.
  6. Boom Almighty

Boom Almighty

I agree with ske7ch, because Double Battles were in the actual game before Rotation Battles, weren't they? I honestly can't remember if Rotation Battles were in the old games, as I haven't played games like Yellow, Red and Blue for years.
  7. phoopes

phoopes The Boss
    is a Battle Server Moderator

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)