Anyone been to Marriland.com today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smogon gets a psuedo-mention in his annual April Fools Day joke. He just got the typing wrong. :/

Marriland said:
Yesterday was the first and quite possibly the last day you could obtain the legendary Pokemon, Arceus, at participating events across the world. Hopefully you managed to get one of your very own so you can brag about it to your friends! If you didn't pick one up, there's always next year.

Additionally, the 13th Pokemon Movie has been announced in Japan today. Details are very sketchy about it, but it supposedly features the legendary Pokemon, Arceus, as well as Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. Mew and Mewtwo are also rumored to make an appearance, as well as three new mystery Pokemon that are going to be in the next Pokemon generation!

One of the mystery Pokemon to appear is "Antric" (
in Japanese), and it is said to be a Bug/Electric type. Guessing from the name, I'd say it's probably going to look like an ant of some sort.
Any details on the other two Pokemon are still a mystery, although I have heard that there will be over 600 total Pokemon once the fifth generation games hit the shelves in Japan in late 2011.

The next Pokemon TCG set, Majestic Dawn (to be released in late May), is going to be the last Pokemon TCG set that will be released for the Pokemon TCG. Instead, players are encouraged to get familiar and learn to play the exciting new Pokemon Trading Figure Game instead. Tournaments for it begin in September, after the final Pokemon TCG World Championship.

Well, I think that's all for today's news updates! Phew, so much news on such a plain, ordinary day with nothing going on in it, right? Have a nice April 1st!

Which parts are the joke? I'm thinking the "Arceus" part, and the obvious part about "Antric".

Not sure why you bolded the "Pokemon Trading Figure Game", it's real. I saw it at Gencon last year. They were giving away inflatable Pokeballs. We blew them up and threw them at each other, for no apparant reason.

They make decent makeshift basketballs too.

Which parts are the joke? I'm thinking the "Arceus" part, and the obvious part about "Antric".

Not sure why you bolded the "Pokemon Trading Figure Game", it's real. I saw it at Gencon last year. They were giving away inflatable Pokeballs. We blew them up and threw them at each other, for no apparant reason.

They make decent makeshift basketballs too.
Marriland had bolded the part about the Pokemon Trading Figure game, not me. And the joke in that part was the Majestic Dawn is supposed to be the last Pokemon TCG set ever to be created.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I'm guessing there's a perfectly logical explanation for them typing it wrong seeing how it's totally unrelated to Syclant. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)