Anyone here play World of Warcraft?

One thing I'm kind of pissed about is Thrall becoming the new guardian. It might have been just a rumor but it was reported in the leak, which is coming true so far. It just doesn't make sense. Thrall is a shaman, guardians are mages, and Malfurion helps create this one? He's a druid.

Medhiv wasn't exactly a regular Mage and Aegewyn (who was his mother) wasn't a Mage at all, iirc.

<lorenerd>
According to Wowwiki she was. And Medivh was in fact a mage, or at least trained as one. He just had a demon inside of him.

But I think the rumor has been debunked and Thrall is confirmed as the orcish representative of the Council of Tirisfal. Me'dan, Garona's son, is supposed to be the new guardian which kind of makes sense because he's Medivh's son even though guardians aren't supposed to be chosen by bloodline.
</lorenerd>

I have a laptop and it runs fine. But I don't PvP, and you'd definitely want a mouse for that, which means you'd have to stay at a desk. PvE is fine without a mouse though.

You can easily play with a mouse on a bed or really any surface, unless for some awful reason you're still using a ball mouse

meddle

boomer user
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
2) how terrible are laptops for gaming? i heard they are pretty bad but then again i doubt it can be worse than my current computer (all of my video settings are at "low", there are various effects i turned off and it still kinda breaks a bit on orgrimmar).
Unless you have a *really* nice cooling system, laptops are pretty shit for gaming. That's just my experience, you really need a desktop.

I'm playing wow on my macbook pro and it runs pretty amazing. Hardly any problems at all - I actually had to limit the fps so that it wouldn't overheat as the rate was going up into the 80s.

I play on my laptop most of the time and it's never really an issue. Dalaran is laggy and my performance suffers in 25 man content, but other than that it's fine. I definitely don't have a high-end laptop either... it's 2 years old and was 300 dollars when it was new.

So I used an exploit to summon Coren Direbrew unlimited times and now my account is temp banned (until tomorrow night). I got two tankards but no mounts, not worth it IMO. Anyone else think the Tankard will be worth a decent amount after brewfest goes away? (Like, 2.5K+)

happy pirate day all! YARRR!

My Pirate's Day didn't go so well. The Horde outnumber the Alliance on my server and they decided to be dicks for the day. ._.;

Was a fun day though, most the dudes there prolly had no idea what Resilience is. >;D

after months of saving... at last... its here...

Mechano-Hog!!!
And big grats my friend, I just recently got my cycle aswell. Took alot of saving but alot of it came from the excess gold I had saved doing Shattered Sun dailies before WotLK was even released. Lost alot of it enchanting and buying gear when I turned into a fresh 80 but recently had the time to farm for the last stretch(I took an extended break a few months after I turned 80 ;-;). ^^

.. My guild however didn't think it was a good purchase and kinda ruined my buzz though. ._.;

This one has kinda fallen off into obscurity. How is everyone doing in their respective WoW careers nowadays?

Playing my Priest now, Beens. He's new and on Area 52, too lazy for Armory link

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I quit in May after getting tired of Arena sucking and the guild cody got us into fell over and died

Quit before I picked up shoddy lol. I got an email a couple weeks ago from Blizzrad though, it appears I was hacked anyways, lol

This one has kinda fallen off into obscurity. How is everyone doing in their respective WoW careers nowadays?
Eh, not so good. ._.;

Moved servers to play with some old buddies from an old MMO. They were PvP nuts and so was I so we joined together and got a few more friends and babied them as they leveled while we did arena, it was awesome. After much blood sweat and tears we hit and 1800! .. And they didn't care anymore. No one cared about hitting 2000 but me, they moved on to do heroics all day with the new 80's. After a while they did raiding and converted into a raiding guild, but I hate raiding.

After a month or so goes by it becomes obvious that I'm the odd man out as no one else cares about PvP but me and after a few confrontations I eventually got the reality check that I wasn't welcome anymore unless I raided with them, so after all that time with them I just walked away from it and went back to my old server. Now I'm back on Twisting Nether making an attempt to form my own PvP guild from scratch, unfortunately people rather be guildless rather than being in a starting guild as I can invite 5-6 people and 4-5 will quit by the time I log on the next morning. It seems like two steps forward and one step back but I can't find enough people guildless to take those two steps.

I actually tried inviting lowbies and tossing goodies in the guild bank like free tabards, deviate fish, potions, green gear and putting enough gold in the bank to take care of all their repairs as they level. I figure if there's enough people in the guild to not make it look barren, I can keep enough heads in the guild as they level and spark some conversations to make the place active. Unfortunately people would rather remain guildless again rather than being in a guild that will give them free gear and repairs. Don't get me started on the ones that'll beg for gold and runs through lowbie instances and then claim I'm selfish when I refuse.

Getting the urge to call it quits again but I'm gonna hang around anyway, I got no obligations to anyone anymore so I can log on and log off as I please and I do still enjoy battlegrounds to a certain extent. ._.;

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
I have two 80s now (one of which I transferred to a friend's server when my roommate, the guy who really got me into the game, decided to sell his account for the second time), a Troll Warrior on Dark Iron - US and an Orc Warlock on Nazgrel - US. I'm working on a (currently 66) Tauren Shaman and loving healing, although tanking is my first love. To be honest I get a lot of joy out of each class in their own way (warrior for tanking, shaman for healing, warlock for hanging out with my friends and, once i find myself a disc priest on their server, for 2s).

I'm actually looking to roll an Alliance alt if I can. I love Dwarves (their emphasis on drinking and fighting appeals to my Irish ancestry), and I miss playing with people I know from the forums (if anyone still plays). Is there anyone on here that would want some company on their server? I would greatly prefer playing on a PvP server, and I think I'm only able to roll on a US server. I'm leaning towards rolling a Paladin, since I like tanking, healing, and PvP and as far as I can tell pallies do those wonderfully (not to mention I've never rolled a pally past level 5 before).

Edit: I'm on Twisting Nether now as Mulcahey the Dwarf Priest. Don't know how often I'm gonna be playing him, but it should be fun times every now and again.

Leveling my first Alliance alt right now actually, about to ding 50. Noobster started his Shaman with me as well, gonna be transferring off of our god awful alliance server though once we get higher.

I quit before hitting 80. I have 6 toons between 77-69, but I just don't want to give my whole life up to a video game ever again, so I'm pretty sure I will never go back.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
I wished I had taken the free week from Christmas to play my 30-39 twink and give my old twink buddies a proper goodbye, which I never did when I quit before. :(

i played WoW for like 2 weeks when i was in 5th grade but then my mom heard it was extremly addicting and banned me from playing it rofl. hvnt thought about playing it since ive grown and become more independent

i was wondering if any smogonauts are still active? i'm thinking about rerolling after about 2 years of not playing in order to fight acute summer boredom and it'd be nice to have some familiar faces (names) to play with

yeah i've been playing on a trial account and i'm already a little bored with it -- but it could be fun for a month or so

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
Synre and co. have started playing again. I haven't. You might want to talk to them.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
This game took away much of my life. I played since vanilla and eventually quit summer of 2009. I eventually just got fed up with the people taking it way too seriously even after Blizz made the game so much easier. I remember raiding Ony three nights a week for a month and still hoping that my last piece of gear would freaking drop.
^ amen to that, even if i am a few months late on reading this post

I play casually with Noobster and a lesser known Smogonite. I'm still waiting for Foreys from like 2 years ago. Asshole.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)