Anything Goes Community Create-a-Team (Voting Phase 6)

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
mega diancie - 5
scarf xern - 8
geoxern - 7
yveltal - 1
pdon - 1

• scarf xern wins, submit third mon sets

Darkrai @ Leftovers
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot

Stolen from Smogon. Kills ghosts. Can become setup sweeper too.

even tho i don't use krai

Reactions: Mq

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Both Mewtwo and Xerneas struggle with Fire-types such as Ho-Oh and Primal Groudon, so I thought a Water-type would be a logical next step. Primal Kyogre can OHKO both of these Pokemon with an Origin Pulse in Heavy Rain, and Primal Kyogre's enormous Special Attack allows it deal massive damage to other Pokemon that the team might struggle against, such as Arceus-Steel and -Ghost. Primal Kyogre can also switch in on Mega Gengar on the turn it mega evolves, barely even being 3HKO'd by Sludge Wave, and OHKOing with Origin Pulse in return.

252 SpA Mega Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 180 HP / 0 SpD Primal Kyogre: 127-150 (32.9 - 38.8%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO
252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Origin Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gengar in Heavy Rain: 397-468 (152.1 - 179.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Primal Kyogre can also break Steel-types that Xern and Mewtwo might struggle with:
252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Origin Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Steel in Heavy Rain: 324-382 (72.9 - 86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Thunder vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 304-358 (91 - 107.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

I chose to run Calm Mind on this set, as it allows Primal Kyogre to even 2HKO Blissey at +1, but Sleep Talk would also be viable to have allow Kyogre switch-in to Darkrai, although Darkrai is dealt with by Scarf Xerneas.

Last edited:

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!

HeeHAw! (Arceus-Water) @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog
The reason to use water-arceus is the same reason given by rhydreigon, mewtwo and xerneas lacks to deal with the primal groundon and ho oh.Well, this set is basically a defogger (which can be good for the team) and it can beat p don and ho oh, which looks a threat to the team.It can easily toxic stall the P-don and then a few recover spams.For ho oh, It can just 2 OHKO with a powerful judgment.Its bulk also allows it to be a good m ray and jirachi switch-in

+1 252+ Atk Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 248 HP / 164 Def Arceus-Water: 307-363 (69.3 - 81.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
^^Even +1 Adamant rayquaza can pick the OHKO on this.

0 SpA Splash Plate Arceus-Water Judgment vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 200-236 (48.1 - 56.8%) -- 88.3% chance to 2HKO
As for ho oh, doesn't look like a big problem for it.

Still I suggest not to take this get as a Ho oh switch-in, as-
208+ Atk Choice Band Ho-Oh Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 164 Def Arceus-Water: 234-276 (52.8 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
It still can beat you up, picking up a 2OHKO

Further
196+ Atk Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 248 HP / 164 Def Arceus-Water: 199-235 (44.9 - 53%) -- 29.7% chance to 2HKO
See?Even takes the deadly P blades from Uncle Hothead P don.

And brolatypus
Here, see....
+2 252 SpA Iron Plate Arceus-Steel Judgment vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Water: 158-186 (35.6 - 41.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

+6 252 Atk Iron Plate Arceus-Steel Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 164 Def Arceus-Water: 220-259 (49.6 - 58.4%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO

These calculation shows that Steel ceus cant possibly break the water ceus

EVs spread
You can consider reducing a bit of speed and invest it in Hp/Def.

Thanks guys :)

Last edited:
Both mons have issues dealing with steel types as well and pdon, so i suggest adding....

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Roost

While i know these evens arnt optimized spd ho-oh give the team a way to deal with steels that need eq to hit fire types as well a pdon without stone edge. Pretty much any move excpt eq can be swaped out for sleep talk or toxic or roar if need be. Stronk fire stap + 50% burn of nice in a teir with lots of stronk phyical attackers eq is hooh main way to deal with pdon which is really the only must for the the set and baring a few odd thunder steelceus' steel types arnt really a threat. Over all just offers needed coverage and adds a nice bulky piviot that can change moves to fit a few rolls depending on the rest of the team.

Last edited:

Pigeons

pidge pidge
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Primal Groudon and Ho-Oh are definitely the main concern at this point, Waterceus and Kyogre look like really good options, so again I think I'll submit something a little different because Wynaut:

Landorus-Therian @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Landorus can switch into Groudon most of the time and threaten with an Earthquake, it switches into Ho-Oh nicely thanks to Intimidate and Lum Berry and 1HKOs with Stone Edge. Landorus also checks Klefki with Lum Berry, Keys are a pretty bad matchup as is. Of course, Rocks are a critical component of most competitive teams and this gives us a decent setter, and U-Turn is always nice for pivoting and gaining momentum. It's far from the greatest Ho-Oh/Groudon check but hey, it provides a decent amount of utility and those threats can be further covered later if we need to.

Reactions: Mq

Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Band
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- Waterfall
- V-create

Mega Rayquaza, it deals with pretty much any weakness Mewtwo + Xern has. I opted for this because the team starts to look like Hyper Offense and this is a great addition for it. The team also lacks a Mega and I think this is a nice way to fill the slot.

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
I opted for this because the team starts to look like Hyper Offense and this is a great addition for it.
Yea I run StallTwo on HO too.

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Although Primal Kyogre has already been suggested, I'd opt for a defensive spread rather than offensive calm mind. The threats of Primal Groudon, Ho-Oh and Steel types have been mentioned. This set rids of both with ease while gaining its health back when need be. Also fits on the current playstyle of Balance/idekwtfarewedoing. Set is pretty self explanatory, max physbulk to tank physically attacking sect of the metagame while running 12 Spe EVs to outspeed Diancie on its mega evolution turn if they expect you to predict the protect or whatever. I'd opt for this over Waterceus because it can't beat CM Steelceus. Also that Ho-Oh set makes me cry.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Voting time! Keep in mind sets can be changed if you like the mon but not the specific variant or moveset choice

Darkrai
Offensive Primal Kyogre
Physically Defensive Water Arceus
SpDef Ho-Oh
Offensive SR Lando-T
CB Megaray
Physically Defensive Primal Kyogre

Sorta split between which ogre variant personally and I'm not sure any are the perfect approach at this point but I'll throw in support for Phys Def Kyogre
(if you want to discuss the team and vote in same post, bold so more obvious please)

Pigeons

pidge pidge
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I'll be voting for Physically Defensive Kyogre as well. It seems like a cool choice to me and it accomplishes what is needed.

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
okay im not closing voting until we get at least five more votes just so everyone knows

I'll take a stab at it!

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed

I think this guy is a really underrated threat. He hits like a truck, cleanly OHKOing standard Ekiller and Xerneas after rocks after a boost. Ground STAB is very potent at the moment, and flying types such as Yveltal and Ho-Oh are nailed by a super effective Stone Edge. Extreme Speed, of course, helps pick off faster threats such as Darkrai and dealing with opposing priority. His natural bulk as an Arceus means he only takes 33% max from standard Lum Ekiller Extreme Speed, as an example. All in all, a terrifying force.
mfw ttb on this page lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)