Anything Goes Community Create-a-Team (Voting Phase 6)

dragonite drake

i go by zanglooser on ps
I hope I'm allowed to do this. These are all sets that have evident flaws I'd like to elaborate on.

Bcadren 's Drifblim.
Code:
Drifblim @ Mental Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Minimize
- Stockpile
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
This isn't a legit set, Stockpile + Minimize is completely unviable to begin with and these EVs only make the set less logical. While Mental Herb seems like a nice idea on paper, wait I don't know where I was going with this nevermind.

intellectual potato 's Ghost Arceus
Code:
Arceus (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 250 SpD / 10 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Roar
1) Specially Defensive Ghost Arceus isn't viable and has no use? PhysDef makes sense because ExtremeKiller prevalence and whatnot but if you wanted a SpD Arceus, try a different forme.
2) Those EVs aren't legitimate? I assume 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe was your intention.

dragonite drake 's Mega Gengar
Code:
Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Venoshock
- Protect / Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond
Running Hex is fine. Running Venoshock is iffy but fine. Running both is a death wish. You're relying on the fact that your opponent is always going to be statused, which I know is not the case from my matches with you where you've used this set. Also, on a Three Attack Gar, Protect is almost a must; so I'd say Focus Blast over the former.

Just some food for thought.
Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- focusblast
- Venoshock
- Protect
- Destiny Bond
is this set ok? or is hex>venoshock or should i not run destiny bond and replace it with hex/shadowball.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok I'll try to not offend some people's nominations too much, but having run two of these for PU there's a lot of ideas here and most of them really arent too solid for a couple of reasons. These projects are where people need to be able to come together and throw around a bunch of ideas and hopefully something good comes out of it. Starting with a poor or gimmicky or restrictive first mon can really just wreck the exercise, as can starting with something that has basically no focus, or is so standard that it's not an interesting place to start. And that's almost all of these noms here. I guess the point is, these should be exercises in teambuilding and you either can't start around, shouldn't start around, or it's really easy to start around most of these noms.
Support/Glue Pokemon which you don't really start building a team around
Scarf Jirachi: Something you can fit when you know what you're weak to but not a great starting place for a team
Arceus Rock
Weird Fairy Arceus set
Support Pdon
Support Arceus Ghost

Boring standard things that definitely wouldn't suck but we can probably do something more original or interesting
SD Groundceus
DD Megaray
Mega Gengar
Dual Dance Pdon

Gimmicks that won't work for a larger forums collaboration
Drifblim
Hex/Venoshock Mega Gengar
Ingrain Aromatherapy Xerneas
Dual Screens Klefki: Kind of makes the team pretty obvious, a couple of setup sweepers, probably a dual dance Pdon and xerneas, and checks to other random things. meh

Things I like
CB Megaray: This is really good for a project like this imo, good balance between solid but needs support but we could totally get a team going around this
Taunt wisp Mewtwo: Not sure if this is any good but otherwise it's original and fresh and workable while leaving room for different options

So despite my intentions not to post for the first round, I have a few ideas. Blaziken and MMY are both mons that aren't really worked with too much but also might be a bit niche for this. So how about

Shaymin-Sky @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish / Hidden Power Rock / doesn't matter

Definitely a viable, workable, not stupidly niche mon that doesn't see a lot of usage. When you think about it, how would we go about building a Skymin team? Because so many people simply don't. Standard set, last slot can be tailored to what the team needs, just see what the community comes up with. I'm not sure that this is better than CB Ray or TauntWisp Mewtwo, but it's more workable yet still unique than most of the others.

SaturnZelda

formerly TylerWithNumbers
Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Magic Coat
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

This is a set I believe was made by Megaqwer, and works as a fairly strong lead. It has Stealth Rock (self-explanatory), Roar, to cycle out people who try to set up, Magic Coat, for the occasional Darkrai (turns out bouncing back Darkrai a lot more than you would think), and Judgment, just to get a bit of damage off on mons, and so it isn't screwed over by Taunt

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Magic Coat
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

This is a set I believe was made by Megaqwer, and works as a fairly strong lead. It has Stealth Rock (self-explanatory), Roar, to cycle out people who try to set up, Magic Coat, for the occasional Darkrai (turns out bouncing back Darkrai a lot more than you would think), and Judgment, just to get a bit of damage off on mons, and so it isn't screwed over by Taunt
Basically my set but better.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mine is better, you're saying?
yes

Anyway, there's so many submissions that we're starting voting now. You can vote for 2, and the most overall will start the team. I'm going with Mewtwo and CB Ray.

Scarf Jirachi
Rock Arceus
Fairy Arceus
Support Primal Groudon
Support/Lead Ghost Arceus
SD Ground Arceus
DD Mega Rayquaza
Mega Gengar
Dual Dance Primal Groudon
Drifblim
Hex/Venoshock Mega Gengar
Ingrain Aromatherapy Xerneas
Dual Screens Klefki
CB Mega Rayquaza
TauntWisp Mewtwo
Shaymin-Sky

Last edited:

SaturnZelda

formerly TylerWithNumbers
Bruh...what? (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Atk / 48 SpD / 12 Spe Uber's evs
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava plume

Firstly, i wanted to nominated a rocker and secondly it's a primal ;o.With a typing so weak to Water, the ability does some judgment by giving it water immunity.Stealth rocks is what most of our P-dons like to use.Then comes' thunderwave to cripple other pokemons (most other rock setter's).After the rocks are up and t-Wave have done it's work.....then it tries to do as much damage as it could to open a path for the team members to sweep.The evs are from uber's analyses and there just work fine.
Example :+2 252 Atk Mega Rayquaza Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Primal Groudon: 370-436 (91.5 - 107.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
To end this nomination, i wanna say popplio is op

-Hailing away
I nominated your Ghostceus set :D

------------------------

I vote Mewtwo and Groundceus

imas edit- merged the two posts because there was really no reason to double post there. use the edit option in the future, it's in the bottom left of your post, besides the name/date

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll vote for Scarf Jirachi and TauntWisp Mewtwo.

Scarf jirachi has the interesting ability to screw stall teams over with trick, along with a brilliant defensive typing for a scarfer. Unnerve negating Lum berries sounds very interesting in AG.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)