AG Anything Goes Fall Seasonal - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion

Welcome to the first ever Anything Goes Seasonal! This is the first tournament of the first season! Entering and winning in this seasonal earns you points for an overall Anything Goes leaderboard. After four seasonals, the top 16 players on this leaderboard will enter a seeded playoffs, where the winner of the tournament will become the Anything Goes champion!

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard Gen 7 Anything Goes Tournament. All matches must be played in "[Gen 7] Anything Goes".
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination.
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown (or SmogTours server).
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts or at least saves replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss. (If you were in losers' when you played, you are both out. If you were in winners', the winner is in losers' and the loser is out.) There may be some exceptions to this rule.
  • Every round, I may choose several games as the Highlight Matches.
Clause:
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned.
General Tournament Rules:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Giratina Stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
Round 2

Winners Bracket
jortml vs. Synoptic
GRNBLN vs. DBW
Peef Rimgar vs. Omfuga
I Shuckle vs. dusk raimon
Nocty vs. cromagnet42
Catalystic vs. DontStealMyPenguin
GL Volkner vs. Yarellzafell
Zesty43 vs. kilometerman
highlighter vs. Funbot28
jagonite vs. Stan Soojung
Kong Harald vs. Paycard
ItsYaBoi1337 vs. Thimo
TribalRaq vs. Azx
Twix vs. ADF Test
iLlama vs. Complexities
MiyoKa vs. Vegalius
gr8kyogref4n vs. (Winner of dibyajyoti vs. darksylvion)
Racool vs. chop
DoW vs. Mysterious M
Squawkerz vs. Kris
Catniss Everdeen vs. Fardin
HunterStorm vs. Samboelrod
jasprose vs. Arifeen
Mark_K vs. zugubu royale
byronthewellwell vs. Sir_JaKrispy
Megazard vs. Plas
ScarfWynaut vs. MAMP
Balanced Freakmons vs. jodram22
Natalie. vs. lotiasite
Yuga42 vs. FLCL
The Excadrill vs. GRAND EMPRESS
Naruto94 vs. Slurmz

Losers Bracket
Dinner48 vs. Xynix
Leafstorm121 vs. pichuelectro
partys over vs. InfernapeTropius11
ringlord vs. Mateeus_1
Ransei vs. GaleWingsOP
xxpkgodxx vs. double switches
StarBlim vs. Betathunder
MoiveMakr vs. DonnotheFirst
Huston vs. Frrf
coolsaksham vs. ilesaural
Aronskii vs. iRKD
1cy vs. Sandstorm571
Dark swordman vs. SANJAY
Whammerist vs. (Moon) Angelo
Cryoam vs. BaconEatinAssassin
CuckBoyy vs. optifine101
Faitelson vs. Melle2402
SiTuM'parleT'mort vs. Kyogre is GR8
TylerWithNumbers vs. shash
Nixus37 vs. aki0s
Brettwhite2 vs. Galant
Cloud9 NxtLvl vs. truedrew
Yoshizilla315 vs. AAron2420
WTF THHE STALLS vs. (Loser of dibyajyoti vs. darksylvion)
paoisd vs. Luckyboy123
Yolocat 10. vs. Pokem9n
ritabhas vs. Quantum Tesseract
KevinELF vs. Klefkwi
Z strats vs. nehtri
Aromatik vs. Alt accounts only :(
Satanic Beast vs. Avaricity
Pepa120 vs. Eseque

Highlight Matches:
Catalystic vs. DontStealMyPenguin
Nocty vs. cromagnet42
Catniss Everdeen vs. Fardin

Round 2 Deadline is September 17th.
Round 1 Extension Deadline is September 12th.

Good luck all!

Last edited:

Pigeons

pidge pidge
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Contacted. HL match predicts:

Catalystic vs. DontStealMyPenguin - DSMP is really rusty this gen and Cata's coming fresh off a respectable OMPL record. Will be an interesting set for sure.
Nocty vs. cromagnet42 - Really not sure on this one but Nocty has roomvoice and is cool so gonna predict in their favour
Catniss Everdeen vs. Fardin - Kinda hard to predict against Fardin here given how consistent he is in tournaments, would be surprised if this went the other way

Last edited:

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Asking for activity since the opponent decided not to show up second week straight(Both Saturdays, almost through all of the day) even after I asked for an extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)