AG Anything Goes Winter Seasonal - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion

Welcome to the Anything Goes Winter Seasonal! This is the second tournament of the first season! Entering and winning in this seasonal earns you points for an overall Anything Goes leaderboard. After four seasonals, the top 16 players on this leaderboard will enter a seeded playoffs, where the winner of the tournament will become the Anything Goes champion!

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard Gen 7 (USUM) Anything Goes Tournament. All matches must be played in "[Gen 7] Anything Goes".
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination.
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown (or SmogTours server).
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. I will be somewhat lenient with this however.
  • Every round, I may choose several games as the Highlight Matches.
Clause:
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned.
General Tournament Rules:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Giratina Stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

As a disclaimer: Since I plan to join this tournament, I will provide evidence of pairing randomization and/or have someone else do pairings for me each round.

Round 1

MiyoKa vs. Pepa120
BananaLaddersPS vs. Disciple_1
Poison Adhesive vs. GRAND EMPRESS
FlamingMartians vs. ScarfWynaut
avocado vs. bdov
jagonite vs. partys over
Jake Moran vs. LaLeLiLoLuL
Betathunder
vs. Odosos
MaxbVGC vs. Loloartsi
Kong Harald vs. Yolocat 10.
double switches vs. Satanic Beast
Cryoam vs. Frigus
Chloe
vs. ritabhas
iLlama vs. neomon
Yoshizilla315 vs. Wrath of Alakazam
Lostallhopedreams vs. YoloMoboJobo
DoW vs. Machina
Hamhamhamham vs. Akashi
WhiteLion vs. Megazard
Mq
vs. Lord-Kyogre
Singiamtel vs. Arctic Weavile
Isotonex vs. WallaceTheChampion
Take Azelfie vs. Its Hatch
Arsenal Arceus vs. Pigeons
YuguY vs. Anish
LAChargerZ vs. KevinELF
Lugia Proto vs. PurpleGatorade
TylerWithNumbers vs. Xynix
Tohru and the Adachi
vs. GL Volkner
rural vs. Naruto94
GrantMJC vs. stachin
nehtri vs. lotiasite
Gladator vs. ringlord
Vodoom vs. SANJAY
Zesty43
vs. Funbot28
Aaronboyer vs. 21pichus
GotCookies vs. jasprose
eren vs. masterball200
Quantum Tesseract vs. Djokra
Cloud9 NxtLvl vs. danchu
Silent Mobius vs. DonnotheFirst
Th3victinii vs. byronthewellwell
SiTuM
vs. Azx
Avaricity vs. Mysterious M
Seo.
vs. Squawkerz
LordST vs. My Thunder
MadeByRage
vs. ManectricOP!
King Billu vs. hyperbeem
p0lt3rg3ist vs. TheBritishExcadrill
GRNBLN vs. Racool
Luckyboy123 vs. Game Moderator
Willdbeast vs. PokeDabz
highlighter vs. Lashum
Huston vs. Galaxy.
Reffrey
vs. Catalystic
Ikey vs. truedrew
roman vs. parivard
toadandhishaxx vs. BaconEatinAssassin
Holy Break vs. gr8kyogref4n
Tox.exe vs. DurzaOffTopic
Alpha Rabbit
vs. Whitewash
Dark swordman vs. WTF THHE STALLS
Paycard
vs. Plas
zugubu royale vs. Nocty

Substitutes
Avaricity
parivard
Disciple_1
Nocty
WallaceTheChampion
Funbot28
neomon
DonnotheFirst
danchu
partys over
Azx
bdov
MoneyTree$
EternalSnowman

GunGunJ
Synoptic
Jase Duken
BOUFF

Highlight Matches:
TylerWithNumbers vs. Xynix
GRNBLN vs. Racool
Dark swordman vs. WTF THHE STALLS
WhiteLion vs. Megazard

Deadline: December 14th
If your opponent doesn't respond by December 8th, request a new one in the thread.

Good luck, have fun all!

Last edited:

Pigeons

pidge pidge
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
TylerWithNumbers vs. Xynix - Fuck BP
GRNBLN vs. Racool - GRNBLN has AG auth but this will be a close one
Dark swordman vs. WTF THHE STALLS - Stalls has done very well on ladder and is the better player overall imo
WhiteLion vs. Megazard - Zard is a good player, WhiteLion has pulled upsets in the past though so who knows

Pepa120 has this in the bag

TylerWithNumbers vs. Xynix - Fuck BP
GRNBLN vs. Racool - GRNBLN has AG auth but this will be a close one
Dark swordman vs. WTF THHE STALLS - Stalls has done very well on ladder and is the better player overall imo
WhiteLion vs. Megazard - Zard is a good player, WhiteLion has pulled upsets in the past though so who knows

Pepa120 has this in the bag
That ain't nice

Also why am I in a highlight match?

lotiasite

undedgy
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
never done these but :shrug: hl match predicts:

TylerWithNumbers vs. Xynix -- not sure how good xynix is at playstyles that arent bp, so if tyler brings bp countermeasures he should be ok. i personally despise bp so this is more of a biased one because im rooting for tyler
GRNBLN vs. Racool - dunno who will win this one; i imagine it'll be pretty close. grn is very good, especially at ladder, but racool is underestimated and can definitely pull it out
Dark swordman vs. WTF THE STALLS - ashiva is decent, and both are well-known ladder players, but have to give the edge to wts
WhiteLion vs. Megazard - not entirely sure who whitelion is but i heard that he's good. cant really root against zard though without knowing much about his opponent

this is looking to be a fun seasonal, good luck everybody and have fun!!

e: contacted

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)