AOPSUser vs Gerard! New Generation vs. Old Guard: Who will win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
3v3 Beginner battle
NFEs only
2 Day DQ
Arena: ASB Arena
Sure why not?

Training Items
Switch = Sure
All abilities
1 Sub

Edit: Requesting permision to bring Pandora (Misdreavous) into the battle (she has a rarity of 4), since I'll be also using Marceline (Feebas)
Team AOPSUser

Syclar(*) GlassAnt (F)
Nature: Naive (Gives a 15% boost to Speed (Rounded up), +25& Accuracy, -1 * to Special Defense)
Type: Ice/Bug

Ice: Ice STAB; immune to freezing and Sheer Cold, no vision loss or damage in Hail or snowstorm conditions, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail. Superior senses and mobility in frozen caves and other frigid arenas.
Bug: Bug STAB; More mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gain an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.

Abilities:
Compoundeyes: (Innate) This Pokemon’s complex eyes give it a comprehensive view of the field, making its attack 30% (x1.3) more accurate.
Mountaineer: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to scaling and avoiding rocks. It can avoid damage from Stealth Rock when it switches in, and all Rock-type attacks the round it switches in. In subsequent rounds Mountaineer will not evade Rock-type attacks.
Technician (DW) [LOCKED]: (Innate) This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally deal 6 or below base damage to have their base damage multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) damage, and the Energy Cost for mutli-hit attacks is increased by two (2).

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 105 (+)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:

Leer (*)
Leech Life (*)
Scratch (*)
Focus Energy (*)
Ice Shard (*)
Slash (*)
Bug Bite (*)
Icicle Spear (*)
Icy Wind (*)

Earth Power (*)
Tail Glow (*)
Signal Beam (*)

Acrobatics (*)
Protect (*)
Ice Beam (*)

Nidoran-M (*) Captain Nido (M)
Nature: Mild (+ * Special Attack, - * Defense)
Type: Poison

Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Abilities:
Poison Point: (Can Be Disabled) This Pokemon’s spikes/quills/thorns are coated in poison, and there is a 30% chance of poisoning any foe that uses a contact attack on this Pokemon. When disabled, all of this Pokemon's attacks that inflict regular poison will inflict Toxic poison (with the same chance of effect).
Rivalry: (Innate) This Pokemon has a primal response to competition and mating, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its attacks by two (2) when it attacks an opponent of the same gender in the same Egg Group, and decreasing the power of all its attacks by two (2) when it faces an opponent of the opposite gender in the same Egg Group (Monster/Ground are used for Nidorina/Nidoqueen).
Hustle (DW) [LOCKED]: (Can Be Enabled) This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste used lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 50
Weight Class: 1

EC: 0/9

Attacks:

Tackle (*)
Leer (*)
Peck (*)
Focus Energy (*)
Double Kick (*)
Poison Sting (*)
Fury Attack (*)
Horn Attack (*)
Helping Hand (*)

Sucker Punch (*)
Poison Tail (*)
Counter (*)

Ice Beam (*)
Thunderbolt (*)
Sludge Bomb (*)

Larvitar (*) Hitler (M)
Nature: Gentle (+ * Special Defense, - * Defense)
Type: Rock/Ground

Rock: Rock STAB; Reduce damage from all special attacks by two (2) Base Attack Power during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Abilities:

Guts: (Innate) This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.
Sand Veil (DW) [LOCKED]: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 41
Weight Class: 4

Attacks:

Thrash (*)
Bite (*)
Leer (*)
Sandstorm (*)
Screech (*)
Chip Away (*)
Rock Slide (*)
Scary Face (*)

Outrage (*)
Dragon Dance (*)
Stealth Rock (*)

Return (*)
Smack Down (*)
Earthquake (*)

VS

Team Gerard

Feebas (Marceline) {F}

Nature: Modest (+1 SpA, -1 Atk)
Type
: Water

• Water Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:

• Swift Swim: (Innate)
The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast in slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its Speed in the rain.
  • Adaptability (DW): (Innate)
The moves that match this Pokemon’s type have their Base Attack Power increased by two (2).

Stats:

HP: 80
Atk: 0
(-)
Def: 1
SpA: 2
(+)
SpD: 2
Spe:
SC: 1
WC: 1
BST: 9

EC: 0/6

DC:
0/5

Attacks: 8

Splash
Tackle

Confuse Ray
Mirror Coat
Hypnosis

Ice Beam
Scald
Light Screen
Cleffa (Bubblegum) {F}

Nature:Quiet (+1 SpA, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)
Type
: Normal

• Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.
Abilities:

• Cute Charm: (Innate)
This Pokemon’s natural cuteness causes Pokemon of the opposite gender in the same egg group to be attracted to it 30% of the time after striking with a contact move.
  • Magic Guard: (Innate)
This Pokemon is infused with a powerful psycho-electric energy that makes it immune to damage from Spikes, Stealth Rock, Hail, Sandstorm, Leech Seed, Poisoning, and Burn. It can still attack itself in confusion, but will not take any damage from it. Additionally, the energy protects the Pokemon from its own reckless recoil attacks. Toxic still increases in damage each round, although if Magic Guard is in effect the Pokemon will not suffer any damage. Life Orb recoil is not negated.
  • Friend Guard (DW): (Innate)
The Pokemon's body emits an aura of joy that reduces the Base Attack Power of all opponents' attacks in multiple battles by two (2).

Stats:

Atk: 1

Def: 2
SpA: 3
(+)
SpD: 2
Spe: 13
(15/1.15)
BST: 10

DC:
0/5

Attacks: 13

Pound
Charm

Encore
Sing
Sweet Kiss
Copycat
Magical Leaf

Wish
Aromatherapy
Metronome

Thunder Wave

Flamethrower
Psyshock
Misdreavus (Pandora) {F}

Nature
: Timid (+15% Speed, +22% Accuracy, -1 Atk)
Type
: Ghost

• Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Abilities:

• Levitate: (Trait)
This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading the Ground moves Bulldoze, Earthquake, Fissure, and Magnitude. Earth Power will have three (3) less Base Attack Power. Dig and Dive can strike a Levitating Pokemon if their user is over Size Class 4, has Levitate, is 3.5m or larger, or is a flying type. Otherwise Dig and Dive will miss. Ground moves can still hit. Levitate Pokemon will retain the Levitate trait when they use Skill Swap on an enemy, and will steal the opponent's ability (the user can specify if they want a foe or ally to gain Levitate from a Skill Swap.) If a Pokemon with Levitate uses Role Play, they will copy the opponent's abilities and retain Levitate.

Stats:

Atk: 1 (-)
Def: 2
SpA: 3
SpD: 3
Spe: 98 (85 x 1.15)
BST: 15

DC: x.x

Attacks: 14

Growl
Psywave
Spite
Astonish

Confuse Ray
Mean Look
Hex
Psybeam

Skill Swap
Destiny Bond
Shadow Sneak

Torment

Thunder Wave
Will-O-Wisp

Turn Order:

AOPSUser sends out his Pokemon
Gerard sends out, issues orders
AOPS orders
I try not to screw up the reffing
AOPS decides whether to switch; if not, orders
Gerard orders (unless AOPS switches, in which case Gerard decides whether to switch; if not, AOPS orders followed by Gerard)
(IF Gerard switches, Gerard immediately orders followed by AOPS)
I ref again
Gerard
AOPS
Me

etc.

AOPSUser, you're up first. Let's get this battle started.

Let's your Magic protect us from those spines, we don't really have a lot of thicks right now but lets use the ones we have, this should be fun

Bubblegum: Thunder Wave - Psyshock - Psyshock

Round 1--The One with the Large Ham

Captain Nido
Energy: 100

VS

Bubblegum

Welcome everyone to yet another exciting ASB battle! I'm Roman the Gallade, and here with me is my friend and colleague, Irwin the Feraligatr. Irwin, this looks to be an interesting matchup we have here today!

It certainly does, Roman! Today's battle is between the oddly named rookie AOPSUser and the veteran Gerard!

Gerard...what?

Nothing. That's all it says. Maybe he's one of those people who only have one name?

You mean like us?

That's different. We're Pokemon. Our "names" are just nicknames. You could easily have been called "Jackass Number Two" if it hadn't been for G's insistence on giving us all human names.

Point taken. On the subject, our battlers have sent out their first Pokemon. AOPSUser has chosen Captain Nido the Nidoran-M, and Gerard leads with Bubblegum the Cleffa.

See what I mean?

Whatever. Let's get this battle started already!

The Captain makes the first move: a Sludge Bomb to Bubblegum's face! I think the Cleffa's a bit surprised at how fast this Nidoran's moving!

Apparently so, since it's just used Thunder Wave! That jolt of electricity didn't do any damage, but id succeeded in paralyzing Cpt. Nido!

And yet it still manages to move first with a Sucker Punch to Bubblegum! That's a bit of a dirty trick!

Then again, considering it's been slowed down to a crawl, the priority offered by the move definitely helps. But he's about to get his comeuppance: Psyshock! That did massive damage!

Wait--she's using it again? BOOM! Another Psyshock slams into the Captain! That one looks like it hit a critical spot and did even more damage than before! Oh, the Pokemanity!!!

..."Pokemanity"?! What the hell is wrong with you?

Hey, I can't help it if I'm feeling particularly hammy today.

You're always hammy, but that was just...holy Arceus...

I don't suppose that an apology would be sufficient here?

No. Just...no.

Sorry...

...In any event, Captain Nido hits with another Sludge Bomb to end the round. Now comes the crucial point: will AOPSUser switch the Captain out and risk Gerard sending out another battler as well, or will Nidoran stay in and finish the fight? Stay tuned to find out!

Captain Nido
HP: 53
Energy: 72
Other: Paralyzed (20% next round)

VS

Bubblegum
HP: 62
Energy: 77

Cpt. Nido's Sludge Bomb: Deals 14 damage to Bubblegum. RNG rolls 536; no poison inflicted. Cpt. Nido expends 6 Energy.

Bubblegum's Thunder Wave: Cpt. Nido is now Paralyzed (25%). Bubblegum expends 7 Energy.

Cpt. Nido's Sucker Punch: RNG rolls 907; action succeeds. Deals 8 damage to Bubblegum. Cpt. Nido expends 6 Energy.

Bubblegum's Psyshock: Deals 17 damage to Cpt. Nido. Bubblegum expends 6 Energy.

Bubblegum's Psyshock: Deals 20 damage to Cpt. Nido (RNG rolls 27=critical hit). Bubblegum expends 10 Energy.

Cpt. Nido's Sludge Bomb: RNG rolls 765; action succeeds. Deals 14 damage to Bubblegum. Cpt. Nido expends 6 Energy.

Let's keep going, Captain Nido!

Sludge Bomb+Sludge Bomb --- Cooldown --- Sucker Punch

If Bubblegum uses a non-damaging move A3, replace A3 with Chill.

Oh, that nasty sludge it's gonna be awful, but we better recover ourselves a bit, not really a lot to worry about

Bubblegum: Wish - Chill - Psyshock

Round 2: The One with the Awesome Band Name

Sorry this is late; I've been out of town since late Saturday.

Captain Nido
HP: 53
Energy: 72
Other: Paralyzed (20% next round)

VS

Bubblegum
HP: 62
Energy: 77

Welcome back. Now that my partner has been sufficiently restrained after his extremely stupid comment...

Mmph MMM mm mmph mphmm! (I SAID I was sorry!)

...we can proceed with the battle as planned. The Captain appears to be planning a massive attack, and Bubblegum knows it might be a rough one! It looks like she's making a Wish! That will restore some HP next round--provided she's still able to fight!

<chew chew chew>

And here's the attack: it's Captain Nido's patented Toxic Meltdown technique! For those of you keeping score at home, that's a double Sludge Bomb combo!

"Toxic Meltdown"? That'd be a nice name for a band...

Hey! Aren't you supposed to be tied up in the corner over there?

Dude, I've known Bite since I was a Totodile. It'll take more than some rope to keep me tied up.

...Duly noted. Meanwhile, it looks like Bubblegum was poisoned by Toxic Meltdown. But it doesn't really matter anyway, because her Magic Guard ability protects her from Poison damage! It's almost as if AOPSUser forgot this little tidbit.

Or just didn't know about it. Either way, it's a simple rookie mistake that hopefully won't affect him too badly in the long run.

Bubblegum seems surprised to have survived that attack.

I'd be surprised too if I'd just been hit by a giant blob of semi-radioactive waste and lived to tell the tale.

She decides to Chill to regain some lost Energy. Good timing, since the Captain has to recharge following that massive blow.

Now she readies a--wait, she hasn't attacked yet. So why did Nido just fall down?

I think he was going for a Sucker Punch, but his paralysis from earlier seems to have caught up with him. He can't move!

Which means he's a sitting duck for another Psyshock from Bubblegum! Both combatants are looking tired, but Bubblegum seems to have a slight advantage!

Who will survive this bout? Stick around for more ASB action--after this!

Captain Nido
HP: 34
Energy: 36
Other: Paralyzed (15% next round)

VS

Bubblegum
HP: 37
Energy: 66
Other: Wish (end of A1 next round); Poisoned (nullified by Magic Guard)

Bubblegum's Wish: Bubblegum made a wish. Bubblegum expends 17 Energy.

Cpt. Nido's Toxic Meltdown (Sludge Bomb + Sludge Bomb combo): RNG rolls 803; action succeeds. Deals 25 damage to Bubblegum. RNG rolls 478; Bubblegum is now Poisoned. Cpt. Nido expends 36 Energy.

Bubblegum takes no poison damage due to Magic Guard.

Bubblegum's Chill: Bubblegum regains 12 Energy.

Cpt. Nido must recharge following the combo attack.

Cpt. Nido's Sucker Punch: RNG rolls 345; action fails. Cpt. Nido is fully paralyzed.

Bubblegum's Psyshock: Deals 17 damage to Cpt. Nido. Bubblegum expends 6 Energy.

Let's your Magic protect us from those spines, we don't really have a lot of thicks right now but lets use the ones we have, this should be fun

Bubblegum: Flamethrower - Psyshock - Flamethrower
*If Captain Nido uses sucker punch then use Wish, chill in subsequent uses

Round 3: The One with the Lack of Enthusiasm

Captain Nido
HP: 34
Energy: 36
Other: Paralyzed (15% this round)

VS

Bubblegum
Other: Wish (end of A1 this round); Poisoned (nullified by Magic Guard)

Welcome back to the battle! Bubblegum starts off with a Flamethrower attack! I didn't know that little thing could breathe fire...

Neither did I. That somehow makes it even more epic.

Captain Nido retaliates with another blast of Toxic Meltdown! And that did some solid damage--but what's this? Nido looks unsteady!

And over he goes! He's out of Energy!

What a break for Bubblegum, who looked like she was almost finished! In addition, her Wish from last round finally came true! She regains enough HP to almost cover the damage done by that last attack.

It looks like AOPSUser is now down three to two! Who will he send out next? Stay tuned!

Captain Nido
HP: 22
Energy: 0

VS

Bubblegum
HP: 35
Energy: 59
Other: Poisoned (nullified by Magic Guard)

Bubblegum's Flamethrower: Deals 12 damage to Cpt. Nido. RNG rolls 505; no burn. Bubblegum expends 7 Energy.

Cpt. Nido's Toxic Meltdown (Sludge Bomb + Sludge Bomb combo): RNG rolls 617; action succeeds. Deals 25 damage to Bubblegum. Cpt. Nido expends 36 Energy.

Bubblegum's Wish came true. Bubblegum regains 23 HP.

AOPS, your next mon and orders please.

You sure like combos, well, sorry sweet, but you're gonna get too exited about sand to do anything else

Bubblegum: Encore - Chill - Wish

Round 4: The One with the Most Evil Name EVAR

You know, AOPS, I really ought to have checked your nicknames before I agreed to ref this. Larvitar's is utterly shameful.

I know what I'll do!

Hitler

VS

Bubblegum

AOPSUser has chosen his next Pokemon! He's sent out his Larvitar nicknamed Hi--

Whoa, whoa, WHOA! We can't say that name on live television!

It's not a curse word, Irwin. It's just the name Hitler.

AGGHHH! You said it! Why did you say it?

...Oh. I understand. Irwin, it's just a name. Obviously this Larvitar has nothing to do with the actual man.

Can't you just call him something else? It makes me uncomfortable.

<sigh> Like what?

I don't know! Something like "Super Happy Nice Guy", maybe?

...Fine. "Super Happy Nice Guy" it is then.

Thank you.

Anyway...Super Happy Nice Guy (do I really have to call him that every time?) starts the round off by summoning a huge Sandstorm!

Sandstorm? Did someone say sandstorm?

No, not that kind of sandstorm. Sandstorm as in bits of rock and gravel flying into people's faces.

Oh...but I like techno music...

Unfortunately, it won't do much good: Bubblegum's Magic Guard negates Sandstorm damage!

You'd think AOPS would have learned that when the poisoning earlier failed to have an effect. A secondary effect is one thing, but deliberately ordering something you know won't work? That's just stupid!

Be patient, Irwin. He is a rookie. Wait a minute--why is Bubblegum clapping?

I think she enjoyed that attack, Roman. She wants an Encore!

SHNG seems to appreciate Bubblegum's support, and uses Sandstorm again!

He does realize it won't have any effect, right?

Apparently not. As Bubblegum chills to regain Energy, SHNG uses Sandstorm once again, and once again it has no effect!

Bubblegum, tired of Nice Guy's apparent idiocy, makes a Wish that next round damage will be done. Preferably by her.

As SHNG's Encore ends, he's left wondering what just happened, as are the rest of us. That was certainly a bizarre round. Hopefully next round will be better, so stay tuned to see what unfolds!

Hitler Super Happy Nice Guy
Energy: 73

VS

Bubblegum
Energy: 52
Other: Poisoned (nullified by Magic Guard); Wish (end of A1 next round)

Hitler's Sandstorm: A Sandstorm brewed (4 rounds). Hitler expends 9 Energy.

Bubblegum's Encore: Hitler received an Encore for 2 more actions. Bubblegum expends 9 Energy.

Bubblegum takes no Sandstorm or Poison damage due to Magic Guard.

Hitler's Sandstorm (Encore): Action fails; Sandstorm is already in place. Hitler expends 9 Energy.

Bubblegum's Chill: Bubblegum regains 12 Energy.

Hitler's Sandstorm (Encore): Action fails; Sandstorm is already in place. Hitler expends 9 Energy.

Bubblegum's Wish: Bubblegum made a Wish. Bubblegum expends 17 Energy.

Hitler's Encore ended.

Eh, I did what I had to do. :P

Gerard is up.

Luckly we have Bubble's Wish on our side, so this shouldn't hurt us as much as it could, don't let yourself fall down against this little bug, we need to be on our best shape to defeat MiniTar

Bubblegum: Scald - Mirror Coat - Light Screen

GlassAnt

VS

Marceline
HP: 80
Other: Wish (end of A1 this round)

Bubblegum

Flavor goes here; I can't finish it atm, but it should be done by tonight.

GlassAnt
HP: 48
Energy: 62

VS

Marceline
HP: 52
Energy: 67
Status: Achievement Unlocked: Deal 40 HP damage with one attack

Bubblegum

GlassAnt's Tail Glow: GlassAnt's Special Attack rose three stages. GlassAnt expends 10 Energy.

Marceline's Scald: Deals 13 damage to GlassAnt. RNG rolls 656; no burn. Marceline expends 5 Energy.

Bubblegum's Wish came true, but Marceline's HP is full. Wish has no effect.

GlassAnt's Signal Blast (Signal Beam + Signal Beam combo): Deals 28 damage to Marceline. RNG rolls 719; no confusion. GlassAnt expends 28 Energy.

Marceline's Mirror Coat: Deals 42 damage to GlassAnt. Marceline expends 20 Energy.

GlassAnt must recharge after the combo attack.

Marceline's Light Screen: Light Screen is active for 6 actions after use. Marceline expends 8 Energy.

Nice, we'll make sure that little mosquito won't be able to combo it's way trough our screens, so let's try and do some healthy damage, a burn wouldn't be bad so let'sk try an boil that little bug (hot water must do Some nice dama he)

Bubblegum: Scald - Confuse Ray - Scald
If a combo involving Signal Beam is used then use mirror coat and push actions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)