Apprentice Program: Round Eighty Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Username: Xylen
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Xylen
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8, and it depends when ill be available, but most of the time.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY RU
Tell us a little about yourself: A Singaporean. I'd say I'm still fairly new to Competitive Battling as a whole. Likes talking to people, especially friendly ones (Which is why you'll see me online often, e_e no life).
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: I would, if i was signing up for XY OU, but nah.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I can use both, but i prefer skype since i can look at the logs after.

naturalstupidity

formerly The Imposter
Username: The Imposter
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: The Imp0ster
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST from 3 PM to ~11 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU / XY NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been doing competitive for three years and am somehow worse now than I was in 2011. I want to improve and get back into the game seriously. I feel like I can teambuild fairly well; it's just in-battle where I frequently struggle. Other than that, I'm starting my freshman year of high school and enjoy writing, science, and of course Pokemon.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: Yes.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: IRC, not Skype

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS:
I already have the basic knowledge required to not completely fall on my face. I just want to improve and go from "halfway decent" to "good", and practice only goes so far. I'm determined to perform the best I can, and I feel a tutor would help me achieve that.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Username: Ununhexium
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Ununhexium
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4, afternoons on weekdays and most of the day on Sunday
What tier do you want to learn?: XY RU and XYUU
Tell us a little about yourself: I love playing competitive Pokemon and I am a huge fan of this Battling 101 program. Not much else to say other than I really like these tiers and hope to improve
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: no thank you :)
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes

Username: Heaven's Limit
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Heaven's Limit on Pokemon Showdown
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CEST | 14.00 - 18.00+ | 18:00 - 22:00 / 23:00 ~
What tier do you want to learn?: Ubers / OU but i am open to all kinds of tiers as i am unfamiliar with these but i feel they all share about the same depth of informations.

Tell us a little about yourself:
I am a young student, recently coming into contact with Pokemon Showdown and thus Smogon. My online Personality is formal most of the time, while being calm and collected, although i am able to clearly voice my interest in particular
mechanics and team building aspects. My Hobbies mainly revolve around my Computer activities including coding, anime / manga and of course gaming including PS.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I would be glad to repay the time of the tutors by doing these threads.

Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: Absolutely
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both are viable options to me, my Tutor has to decide which option he prefers as by spending his time,
i should try to ease his usage by being open about our way of communicating, i had assumed it's for my tutor but if its not then my aforementioned
statement can be rephrased to 'Both'.

Why should you be tutored:
I desire both mechanical improvement and more indepth informations on the art of Team Building including but not limited to working out possible Frameworks to ease the process in the future while also simultaneously deepen my understanding of certain archetypes and thus increasing my variety for future tournament parcipation. I tend to take games i enjoy very serious in terms of competitiveness and hope for help to identify my mistakes and lack of skills to improve massively in a shorter amount of time. Also i very much like discussing with someone above my skill ceiling to further my horizon by evaluating informations gained in tutoring sessions.

I wish you well, dear Reader.

Edit: fixing grammar errors and adding missing words, since English is not my native language, so bear with me.

Last edited:
Username: s_aman
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: s_aman
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+5:30, 10am to 6pm my time except sundays
What tier do you want to learn?: OU and/or NU (i can do both simultaneously)
Tell us a little about yourself: Indian student studying computer engineering. I want to learn teambuilding. I suck at that. Also, i can't make long term plans while battling and choke a lot as well as having poor predicting skills.
Will you be willing to do tutee talkthreads on your tutors?: Isn't it mandatory :P
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: depends
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: both, though i would prefer IRC. (PS should be also be an option?)

I was assigned to hollywood 2 rounds ago, but some serious problems came in both of our lives.

Last edited:
Username: Gaddster03
Pokemon Showdown: gaddster03
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 4pm onwards (Mon-Fri from August 4th onwards) Until August 4th and after it at weekends free pretty much all day.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU mainly but people would like dabble in all the tiers a bit. However I'll probably start with OU as it seems to be most popular

Tell us a little about yourself:
I am a student in the UK just about to start his A-Levels at Sixth form who has always enjoyed the pokemon games and stumbled upon smogon by accident and thought it would be interesting to learn the real way to battle not just spam strongest move that's SE. I enjoy going out with friends and going to the gym and playing plasystation.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors: Yh sure

Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: Absolutely
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both but I don't use skype too much but can easily access it.

Why should you be tutored:
Because I am awesome I would like to learn and grow as a player so that I can become more intergrated into the Smogon community and forum as my basic skill level is limiting what I can actually contribute. I'm active on other forum sites so i'm not just going to be here for 5 minutes.

Thanks

Last edited:

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Username: Srn9130
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Srn (may have numbers following on alts, "Srn" is my main)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT-5) The whole weekend minus saturday mornings
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm well versed in XY OU and pretty much nothing else ._. I've qualified for the tiering badge in xy ou and pokemon is the main thing I really do in my spare time. I'm a junior in high school now, Indian, and I'm very hardworking if I actually care about what I'm doing. Bw2 OU meta was pretty crappy (When I actually started playing) but I heard that DPP OU was fun and balanced so I wanna try that out.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: Sure thing
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both

Last edited:
Username: Repeater1947
Pokemon Showdown Username: Repeater1947
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8; available nearly everyday (except Wednesdays and Fridays); usually on 3:45 PM - 5:45 PM (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday), and on 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM (Saturday and Sunday). Although, my daily schedules may be subject to changes. I will inform my tutor ahead on time in case something happens.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've already gotten familiar knowledge on Gen 6 stuff. Ironically, I still don't have a copy of Pokemon X/Y nor a 3DS (though I plan to get a 3DS by September). However, despite this, I have already been more familiar to Gen 6, and has peaked at 1426 at the XY OU ladder. I'd like to be a better and stronger battler.

I'm terribly sorry to say this, but I am slightly adamant when it comes to teambuilding, that I somewhat dislike changing my team members, so please bare with me if you ever tutor me.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, of course!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: Yeah, why not?
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I'm going to use IRC.
Provide an explanation regarding why you should be tutored:
Unfortunately, I do not have enough knowledge to help other people. I prefer lurking the forums, as I don't have many things to say yet. Despite said above, I have now spent time learning the Gen 6 OU metagame, spending nearly two months laddering in OU.

I would like to improve myself. I'd interest in becoming a better team-builder (I can't make good teams without advice from others), better Prediction and understanding of the opponent's moves/reactions, greater understanding on team-synergy, and also a better battler in general.

To add that up, I'd also like to help others, once I have sufficient wisdom about the competitive scene.

My tutor was inactive during Round 87!
Note: If I do get a tutor, kindly pair me to a tutor (nearly) similar to my timezone. I was unable to meet up with my tutor during Round 87, since our timezones were too different. :(

Last edited:

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Username: Kit Kasai
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Kit Kasai
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7, I'm available from 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm ish on the weekdays, I'm mostly available all day on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: Preferably XY OU, otherwise XY NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I started playing competitively in OU a few weeks ago. Before that, I've pretty much been solely an OM person, but I've decided to get into standard tiers. I've gotten pretty decent at OU.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: Yes
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes

Last edited:

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
Username: Pearl.
Age: 16 (Profile age is probably messed up, dunno why, probably due to how old I was at the time this account was made)
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Since Pearl is taken, I don't really have an username set in stone, but my main account is probably Become Stronger. Some of my other alts are: KING RAMPARDOS, Pearl. Testing, Kannabi no Mikoto, Kannnabi no Mikoto (not joking).
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0, high availability for the rest of the holidays. Not sure how it'll be like when school starts, since I don't have any knowledge of my schedule yet, sorry about that.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY UU > XY RU > XY OU (Order of preference)
Tell us a little about yourself: I was an avid competitive player like 2 years ago, started during early DP. Won the first RU tournament ever, got a team on the RMT archive, played RU for Stark Sharks in 2011 IIRC (went 4/5 so sucks), have some decent ladder peaks even now and so on. Quit 'mons for LoL, so I suck now. Also, teambuilding is boring ): (but I'd still like to learn it). IRL, I'm your typical high school student, and there's not much more to it than that. I'm from Portugal by the way, but can speak / write in English fluently, so it's all fine.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, definitely!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: Most likely.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I'm not really an avid user of Skype, but I can use it if needed. IRC is a must though.

Username: Made To Kill
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Made To Kill
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, due to college, various holes in the day, can always get on after 5PM
Tell us a little about yourself: Student at Ohio University, extremely competitive
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: yes

Username:ForeverCubone
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:ForeverCubone
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:6:00-9:00EST
What tier do you want to learn?:X/Y OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I've been playing competetive for a while now and I feel like i'm pretty good at it, but i always feel like i miss something in a game that messes me up
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Shure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: Of Course.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype
Skipped Last round

Username: unfixable
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: unfixablE
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7, I'm available from 4:00 PM - 10 PM on weekdays (not in straight 6 hours, but in this time frame), and usually whenever on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm in love with other metagames, specifically STABmons. My other main focus is NU, and I do play LC a lot. I play a bit of UU and OU, and a bit more of those in RU, and Ubers as well. Basically, I play a lot of tiers, but I really love NU / STABmons / PU!
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: Very much so, yes
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: IRC: yes, Skype: no.

I was skipped last round.
Username
: ertus

Pokemon Showdown Username: ertus

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 3.00 PM - 9.30 PM weekdays(Monday-Friday), 3:00 P.M - 6.00 PM(Saturday), 12:00 PM - 3:30 PM(Sunday) (GMT +7)

Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a second year highschool student, mainly interested in games, JRPG especially, Anime, Japan, and currently studying programming with hope to pass on national / international olympiad . I played a fair amount of Generation I - V of pokemon, but never played competitive battling because I always played on emulator and there is no one that plays pokemon in my area. I have been playing Pokemon since i was 8. I would love to be able to compete in pokemon battling since i think pokemon battling is fun. I have some basic knowledge of battling , but having trouble with getting started to build my own teams.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, of course.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Yes, but i've never been in tournament :(

Why I should be tutored :
I just discovered smogon last month when I was searching about introduction to competitive battling. But havent been so active because im confused where to get started in smogon. I need a tutor because I'm having trouble with team building since I am new to competitive battling. I have troubles with getting started at something. I have been trying to learn by reading in the internet but realized that interaction with tutor will help me more and more.

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, i can use both of them. I prefer Skype though.

Last edited:
Username: Soul Ameliorate
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown Username: Soul Ameliorate
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Madison, WI (currently 8:55pm when I posted this)
weekdays: 4:00pm-11:00pm
weekends can very (if needed, I can be available)
Tell us a little about yourself: I started playing competitively Septempber of last year, and I feel like I'm at a point where I'm not improving as much as I would like to, and tend to struggle in making proper plays, using team preview, and especially, teambuilding. Even though I'm not completely a begginer, I know I have a lot to learn, and I think that getting taught from a pro is the best way to go :]
Will you be willing to do tutee talkthreads on your tutors?: Definitely
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: Of course!
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, but would prefer Skype if given the choice
Briefly explain why you should be tutored: I really enjoy playing Pokemon competitively, and would love to get tutored to improve my performance as much as possible. I am very willing to put time into learning, and absolutely will not disappoint :]

Username: aconn58
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: aconn58
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT + 10:00
What tier do you want to learn?: I wanna learn a good bit more on OU and team building
Tell us a little about yourself: I have only recently started competitive battling since the begining of this year in X and Y, i really wanna learn more about battling and team building. any help would be great! :D
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yeah
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: of course
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: only skype

Username: Pagz
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Pagz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:+10GMT, availability as needed
What tier do you want to learn?:XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself:Played a lot of Diamond/Pearl OU back in the day and was high up in the ladder, getting back into xy has been a lot of fun but so much has changed that I'm finding it hard to improve (especially since my prediction is now non-existent eg. using dragon claw on a togekiss). Being older I understand time constraints of the tutors and since I am doing an online uni course and working casually even though I live in Australia I'll be able to work my scheduled around the tutor.

Username: QR7
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: QR7
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST, 3:30 - 9:00pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I love fishing, sports cards, and of course Pokemon. I feel like I've hit a wall competitively. I try my own teams, other people's teams, anything to give me an edge. I'm just stuck. As far as I can see I'm not really getting any "better" per say, just making the same mistakes (some, likely, I don't even know I make). I watch commentaries from the best of the best - Joey, Chimpact, Nexus, all them. I feel the program will help me gone my skills.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: Absolutely posi-toot-ly!
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype works best for me

Username: pjbball04
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: blizzarddd
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, nights from 7-11 usually
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing pokemon competitively since gen 4. I have always considered myself a decent battle, and I just need some guidance to get over they hump and become great. I am constantly stuck around 1600 on the uo ladder, and need that little push to get through.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes of course
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: very much so
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I can use both

Mur

If you're not first you're last
Username:mur22
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:mur90
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST 8-12 pm but I am very flexible
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing mons since I was little and have gotten into competitive quite recently in gen 6. I am a quick learner as I am capable of breaking the top 500 on the ladder(as if it means somthing) and can build a decent team. I am basically the average high school senior staying up late and dreading school starting.
Will you be willing to do tutee talkthreads on your tutors?:yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?:yes
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:Skype (mic is broken but I'm sure messaging is just fine)
Why I should be tutored: Like I said I am a quick learner so I would be easy to tutor. Someday I would love to compete in the large tours such as SPL or maybe even Smogon World Cup so I feel like this program will help me achieve this goal. I plan on being more active in the community when I feel as though I know more people and am confident enough in my abilities to post intelligently on the forums.

I WAS SKIPPED ROUND 87

Username: TRC
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: TRC
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+12 weekends, after 3pm weekdays
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Tour is coming up and I realised I can't play DPP OU at all, everyone always masturbates about how great it was, so why not?
Will you be willing to do tutee talkthreads on your tutors?: Sure.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: Probably not.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: IRC and only Skype if I really have to.

Username: DmeisterW
Username: DmeisterW
Timezone: Eastern Time 8:30pm-11:30pm?
Tier: XY Doubles/VGC
About me: None of what I'm reading here makes any sense. Am I slow?
Tutee Talkthreads: Yeah?
Round 88 Tutee Tournament: Yeah?
Skpye or IRC: Skpye only

Last edited:
Username: MasterRyuga
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:MasterRyuga
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:i sleep in the morning so im up all night 12pm est-
What tier do you want to learn?:OU,UU,UBER
Tell us a little about yourself:i am a very competitive person in video games mostly fighting genre. im a hard worker and love to learn. ive been playing pokemon since the games first came out started playing a little competitive in DPP but got into it in BW
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?:yes
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes IRC and skype no only since my nieces are loud. :)

CrushinDefeat

Defeat me if you can... Survive if I let you!
Username: CrushinDefeat
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: CrushinDefeat
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: A man going to college to become a pharmacist, ready to tackle the world whatever challenge comes my way, things aren't always easy but I enjoy it all.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Available all the time on IRC

Username: Professor Ben
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Pokemon Showdown name is AceTrainerBen1
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pacific standard time and usually 5:30pm - 10:00pm
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC/NU/LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon competitively since around the end of the BW/B2W2 meta game so i'm not that new when it comes to competitive battles. i barely use Pokemon showdown so my rank isn't that high. I tend to focus on grades in school too much so i might not be able to be on all the time but when i'm not i invest a lot of time into Pokemon. I've used Smogon a lot before for resources but recently made an account.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: Yes that sound like a lot of fun :D
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I Prefer IRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)