Apprentice Program: Round Eighty Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
IF YOU WERE SKIPPED IN PREVIOUS ROUNDS, PLEASE MAKE A NOTE OF THIS IN YOUR APPLICATION SOMEWHERE AND MAKE IT OBVIOUS. (ALSO APPLIES TO PEOPLE WHO GOT PICKED LAST ROUND BUT HAD RIDICULOUSLY INACTIVE TUTORS)

Welcome to round 87 of Battling 101. If you are seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Fill out the information below to be assigned a tutor.

It is highly advised that you have some basic knowledge of battling before signing up for this program. If you need a crash course on things like EVs or basic Pokemon roles such as walls and sweepers, then you should be playing a little bit more on the PS/PO simulators before signing up here.

Please don't bother signing up if you aren't planning on being active for the entire round. You are taking away a spot from somebody who is actually willing to put in the time and effort to get the most from this program.

On requesting tutors: I would prefer if you didn't, but if the tutor of your choice mutually agrees with it then they can take you on as an additional tutee if I need the tutor of your choice to teach someone else. I don't like playing favorites when doing these apprentice programs.

Username:
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?:

To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what an application would look like:

Username: Kevin Garrett
Shoddy Username: Kevin Garrett
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4:00 p.m. – 2 a.m. GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am the reason luvdiscs were implemented on Smogon. Aside from that, I deleted all of my posts because they were all terrible. I really want to learn how to play Pokemon the right way because I have struggled with it for so long and put in a lot of time to get better, but can't improve at all.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Sure, but I suck at tournaments =(
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, Pokémon Showdown, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: Don't forget about the Tutee Talk forum, including what we expect of you guys if you are chosen as tutees!

*Tutee tournaments will happen after every round, it is strictly XY OU. If you are interested in playing for this tournament then we will send you a reminder PM once the signup thread opens.

Username: Bedlington
Showdown: Bedlington
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4
For now I'm available 9:00 pm - 1:00 am but once we get a week or two into August I will be a lot more flexible
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a student in college who has played Pokemon all of his life. Currently I'm undecided on a major but I am strongly considering an astrophysics major. I would love to be able to play competitively and I think a tutor is just what I need do that.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 86 Tutee Tournament?: Yes!

Username: Alcom1
Showdown Username: Alcom Isst
Timezone and availability: EST, 4AM-4PM
Tier: XY OU

Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 1st year Game Design Major. I played a fair amount of Gen I-III Pokémon as a child, and have come back for the sixth generation with Pokémon Y and an interest to play competitively. As part of my major, I am also interested in seeing how Smogon manages its community, its tiers, and its competitive scene. My hobbies include gaming, LEGO building, modding, and programming.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Certainly.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes.

Why I should be tutored: Because I would make a good tutee? I am very eager to learn competitive Pokémon, and as it is Summer I already have plenty of time to do so. I have already spent more hours than normal staring at the Smogon Pokédex entries (I love bar graphs), and have spent the past week enjoying Showdown. I am very grateful that Smogon goes out of its way to run this program, and can't wait to take part in it.

Last edited:
Username:Frenzyed
Pokemon Showdown Username: Frenzyed
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0 10:00am - 11:00pm very flexible
Tell us a little about yourself: I study web development at university and enjoy video games,I started taking an interest in competitive battling when XY was released and have been trying to learn on my own, but I am bad at team building.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Yes i love tournaments.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS.
I have been lurking for quite a while, but when XY came out i decided i wanted to get more into battling and started to teach myself by making use of the resources here, I also started playing using Pokemon showdown as i prefer 6v6 singles to the 4v4 doubles on wifi and i would like to improve it further. However my team building leaves a lot to be desired so i decided to apply for battling 101.

Last edited:

CrushinDefeat

Defeat me if you can... Survive if I let you!
Username: CrushinDefeat
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: PokemonShowdown (Only) Username: CrushinDefeat
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EDT GMT-5 available usually throughout the day from 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM for the most part
What tier do you want to learn?: XY NU is what I really want to learn about, and if possible XY OU as well, but definitely XY NU
Tell us a little about yourself: Im currently a university student and want to be a pharmacist when I finish college. Im a huge Pokemon fan playing ever since I was a young child. I love learning and understanding how things work out, and also enjoy anime and manga namely Naruto and One Piece.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, Im looking forward to it :)
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Yes, Im willing to participate :D

Last edited:
Username: OnlyLove
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: OnlyLove
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST weekdays after 12:30pm
What tier do you want to learn?: Smog Doubles :o
Tell us a little about yourself: I play Basketball, I want to major in biotech :)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure, aldoe i dunno wat dat is :3
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Ya wynot :D
Laga has agreed to teach me :)

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Username: Ununhexium
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Ununhexium (Pokemon Showdown!)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 afternoons mostly but I can be flexible
What tier do you want to learn?: XY RU, XY NU, XY LC (no order preference)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 14 year old boy from New Hampshire, and I want to learn NU, and LC. I told myself to get into RU after the Shuckle ban (because the Shuckle meta was trash) but I never did. NU is just a cool meta that I would like to learn more about. LC I recently got into because of the suspect test and I realized how much fun it is. I also have written a few analyses for UU and RU. There isn't really much you need to know about me other than that I love bad jokes / puns.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course!!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: No thank you :)

Last edited:
Username: Inevitability
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: jeeby (on showdown)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7 (I am somewhat flexible with hours)
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Inevitability and I want to learn to get good at competitive Pokemon.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Yes
Why Should I Be Tutored: Although I have a bad habit of lurking and not posting, I have a strong desire to get the most out of my potential as a competitive battler. This way, I can get more engaged in the community by doing things such as voting in suspect tests and playing in tournaments.

I was skipped during Round 86.

Last edited:
Username: EnerG218
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: EnerG218
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST usually 4 PM or later
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU and XY RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I suck at pokemon
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Of course

Username: ketsu
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: ketsu88
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: central 3-11pm or later
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've played pokemon since Gen 1 and took some time off for the last two gens. After getting XY it's made me want to play at a higher level than ever. Also my daughter loves pokemon lol
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: of course
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: definitely

Username: jin white
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: gyarad0site
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: late nights are good, i'm EST (GMT-4)... work during the day so like i said evenings into very late nights are ideal
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU plz
Tell us a little about yourself: only been playing seriously since BW2... am very competitive & when i get into something i want to commit myself to it fully. i understand the meta, have watched XY evolve and develop, and can work my way around a battle but teambuilding for me is the hardest part of the game by far and what i really am struggling to get better at. otherwise i'm a skinny dude, i like whiskey and i like coffee, and i write sometimes when i'm not on PS.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: for sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: for sure

was skipped last round and it broke'd my heart

Last edited:
Username: Mezomi
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Meaomi or Mezomi3
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 11:00-6:00 usually
What tier do you want to learn?: XY UU and XY OU (OU prefered if only one is allowed)
Tell us a little about yourself: I started playing Pokemon during generation 3. I got into compettive battling a year ago during the BW2 metagame and I have slowly improved since then. I have decided to reside mainly with the UU tier but I would like to learn OU as it is the main tier. Plz don't skip me :) Also, I have crated a cool (well, I think it is) metagame called Camomons that you can see on the Other Metagames forum.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes. Has anyone said no to this?
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Yep.

Do I seriously have 24 posts :( Anyway, as I have already said I have been battling for a year and I would like to gain some knowlage from an experienced player. I always ask for help on Pokemon Showdown but I rarely get good advice if any at all. (Yay, I now have 25 posts!)

Last edited:
Username: evir
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: evir
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Time (GMT-5), mostly evening, around 8-11 pm, it varies greatly- I will be away from the 26th of July until the 4th of August, upon which I will be available daily.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an electronic music freak located in the middle of Amish country Pennsylvania. I've been playing Pokemon competitively for pretty much exactly a year now. I'm very active in the PS! community; I own The Studio and am up to various other shenanigans in other rooms. I'm decent-ish at OU, peaking at 1600 on the ladder; now I want to take it to the next level and really learn the ins and outs of stuff and things etc.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: sure.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: hell yeah.

cheers!

Username: Lvcrft
Pokemon Showdown: Lvcrft
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-3 (From 8:00 PM to 10:30 PM my time everyday, 8:00 AM to 10:30 AM my time on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and 3:00 PM to 10:30 PM my time on Saturdays, usually)
What tier do you want to learn?: XY LC, XY NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a Brazilian boy that loves Pokemon; been playing it for 6-7ish years now, started in Gen III. I always tried to do everything the fandom has to offer and all that's left is competitive play. I've tried my hand at Randbats and been getting relatively good results but now I wanba go for something that isn't so luck based.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 86 Tutee Tournament?: Not really, considering I'm not all that in OU.
Why should you tutor me: I've been trying to get into competitive battling lately and while trying out a lot of tiers, I've developed a sweet spot for those tiers ( and BH ) and while I've been doing reasonably on those most of my wins are luck-based or ragequits so I'd like some tutoring so I can get better.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Username: Blitzamirin
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Blitzamirin
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4. All the time.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a senior who recently moved to the US and don't really have much going on in his life. Been playing Pokemon since 2011 but I've never been serious about it, though better now to start than never. I moderate the PS server so I'd like a fallback because it's been getting very stale lately. Specifically, I'm interested in focusing primarily on teambuilding, risk vs reward, etc.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Why not.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Why not.

Username: Aeno
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: It's Summer so I'm free (most of the time). (GMT - 5)
What tier do you want to learn?: XY NU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi, I like Pokemon
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yeah
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Yes

A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: Well, I think I should be tutored because I wont go inactive, I really want to get better at XY NU and with the knowledge I already have about the tier and the knowledge I hope to gain, I can be able to start posting in the NU forum.

Last edited:
Username: Justintown11
Pokemon Showdown Username: Justintown11
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 3:00 pm- 11:00 pm EDT
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, XY Lc
Tell us a little about yourself: I am very shy, this, reaching out to people whom I don't know, is not something that I am very comfortable with doing; however, i decided to do anyways because I wanted to get better at the game. I have played the games since gen 1 but moved away from the series during gen 4 because my DS broke. I also have a job at the local elementary school wherein the rest of the faculty and I look after the children until their parents pick them up from school and overall I just love children.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Absolutely

A brief explanation of why you should be tutored if you have fewer than 25 posts:
I want to sign up for this mentorship program because I want to be a competitor. I've spent endless hours working to achieving the specific conscientious directive effort towards becoming better and I'm not wiling to stop until I do exactly that. Secondly I feel very frustrated because I know that i lock myself into the bad mindset of "This is the best option, so do that all the time."

Username: Seismitoad
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Ranger Mike
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: All day (gmt-6)
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: Been playing since Crystal and started right before the landorus i ban in BW2 so I'm kinda new although my postcount would indicate otherwise. My main specialty is balanced hackmons
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yeah
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Yeah

Tutor couldn't tutor last time

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: -Clone-
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: c1one
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4 (830 PM - Midnight on most days, otherwise all day)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I started comp a little over a year ago during the last days of BW OU. I was terrible and had no idea of what I was doing. Since I feel that I'm pretty good at XY, I thought that I'd give BW a try and go back to my roots. Team building is what I want to focus on the most.

Outside of mons, I'm a 17 year old guy whose pretty laid back most of the time and lifeguards during the summer. Hobbies outside of mons include Crossfit, Swimming, Battlefield [4], and sleeping.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yeah sure.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: yes.

I was skipped round 86

Username: Alexandrine
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Alexandrine
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Varies. Generally am on in the evenings though. GMT-5
What tier do you want to learn?: XY LC
Tell us a little about yourself: My brother (he's amazing <3) got me into Pokemon when I was 4-years old by giving me Pokemon Silver for my birthday. I'm entering university this fall to study Health Sciences. My hobbies are writing, dance and piano.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: No
Explanation for why you should be tutored if you have less than 25 posts: I registered rather recently so I haven't amassed 25 posts as of yet, but I eagerly look forward to learning LC, which is an entirely new tier to me. I hope that the knowledge gained from this program will enable me to become a solid contributor to the community!

Note: Goddess Briyella has agreed to tutor me, in addition to her Round 87 tutee. Approved by Plus.

Last edited:
Username: Sunny.
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: iSunny.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1 everyday everytime bar morning
What tier do you want to learn?: XY RU - XY NU - XY Ubers - ADV OU (in order of preferance)
Tell us a little about yourself: banana eater.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: y
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: y

Username: Buckmuligan
Pokemon Showdown: Buck muligan
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2, About 16:00pm to 20:00pm
Tell us about yourself: I have played pokemon since I was 10 or so, but in terms of competitive game, I have started in this gen . I'm an not an experienced player and my metagame knowledge is not very strong. I would really like to expand this knowledge and improve both my skills in team building (it actually sucks) and in battling (my ladder in showdown is always between 1300 and 1400). I've just finished my degree in English Language and literature and a course in Teaching and now I will have plenty of time to dedicate myself to my hobbies. In smogon I have been more a reader than a poster, in fact I signed up yesterday but I have been visiting this site for a couple of years.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Actually I don't really know what it is, but yes.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: Sure

Regarding the question of why I should be tutored without having 25 posts I must tell that at the momento I do not feel that my knowledge is strong enough to actually hel otrher people. I have been trying to learn by reading the forum, and in fact I have learnt a some things, but now I feel that the interaction with an experienced tutor will help me more. Thanks!

I was skipped in round 86

Last edited:
Username: SuperPerkinz
Pokemon Showdown Username: SuperPerkinz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST Timezone I'm pretty flexible. I'm usually on Showdown at nights anytime after 5:00PM until Midnight (EST) (though what time I get online depends on the day). Also I'm sometimes on in the afternoons around 2:00PM-4:00PM (EST)
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing Pokemon for awhile now. Never got into the competitive side of it until about a little over a year ago. Which is when I joined the site. I learned alot from just browsing and battling on Showdown. Though I'm nowhere near as good as I'd like to be. I'm pretty terrible at teambuilding but also struggle with battling a bit.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: If I knew what they are.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Yes even though I'm not really good at tournaments.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS
. I haven't posted anything because I feel I'm not good enough to provide anything helpful. Anyway I may have been battling competitively for about a year now but I'm still not that great. My rating on Showdown is usually in the low-mid 1400's though I can sometimes get up to low 1500's. The closer to 1500 I get the more I struggle. I feel that I could learn more from an experienced player. I would like to improve my battling skills as well as my teambuilding skills. I would like to be good enough to be able to participate in future Suspect Tests and maybe get to atleast the 1600's on Showdown if not higher.

Last edited:
Username: LilligantEX
Pokemon Showdown Username: LilligantEX
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: All day, except Thursdays. I am also up early/in bed late, so even with a different timezone I can probably work something out. GMT +10 (AUS EST)
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, XY UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon since Blue/Red were released, but only became interested in the competitive scene during HeartGold/SoulSilver. I'm about to finish my undergrad degree at university, and am hoping to get a job in journalism or editing. I'm incredibly passionate about video games, especially Pokemon, and it's been a life-long love for me.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: For sure!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yeah, would love to.

A brief explanation of why I should be tutored (less than 25 posts): I've wanted to learn how to construct teams and battle like a master for many years. I've lurked around and studied strategies on Smogon for some time, but playing on Pokemon Showdown still shows I have a lot to learn. I'm absolutely committed to the Apprentice Program, and am truly keen to learn everything I can to improve my battle skills. I'd love to work alongside a tutor who can help me achieve that, and I'm willing to put in the hard work to do it.

Zodiax

not this
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
Username: Zodiax
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Zodiax
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0 and I am mainly on everyday but different times vary I'm afraid, I would say average time 4pm-11pm
Tell us a little about yourself: In my life I used to be a dancer and I had taken a dance course at college and passed, I also studied Travel and Tourism and A Level Gaming. My life ambition is to be a teacher for ages 3-11 and hopfully I can do that one day! I have been playing Pokemon since Sapphire. I do battle at times but wish to learn more.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)