Apprentice Program: Round Eighty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Fingerscrossed
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Fingerscrossed
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: pacific, specifically southern California. usually any time during the day i'm around in the Ou chat.
What tier do you want to learn?: Ou
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Tim. I'm pretty new to this; the last time I had actually played was the mighty Red and Blue version. I'm really eager to learn and being a driver in the Ou room definitely has its perks as well being that I get to see some experienced players play and pick their brains. But since Red and Blue version, I haven't played like I said up top.. & as soon as I came across Ps I legit have played for just about every day for 7 months straight trying to improve. I'm really eager to do this tbh and am really looking forward to getting started whenever that possibly is. As for my outside life, I actually coach kids on how to be a pitcher in little league ages and have lived in Southern California all my life with my dog Eden. Well that was random, anyway.. Cheers to you guys for doing this and take care
-Tim
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Most definitely.

Username: Kevin Wood
Pokemon Showdown Username: Trick Bamland
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Standard Time, 8p.m. - 1a.m.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU/UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Im Kevin I'm a horticulture major in college. I've been playing Pokemon since first generation. I have played every Pokemon game at least once, and have loved everyone of them. I watch competitive battling from BlameTruth on Youtube, and would love to learn how to be as good as him. I have tried battling before but don't know the advanced stuff. I know the types and some items and abilities.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yea

Username: NavyCherub
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: navycherub on Showdown
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST from 5:30 PM till whenever (all day on weekends)
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU and/or UU
Tell us a little about yourself: My favorite Pokemon is Reuniclus, who I fell in love with very early on when I was attempting to learn BW OU. I am a good learner when I have a teacher who can give me a solid foundation to start on.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I've been playing Pokemon "competitively" on and off since BW. In other words, I keep trying to learn the ins and outs that everyone else seems to know and giving up because there is so much and there just aren't very many guides to get me started, especially since all the old ones are basically only DPP, which can only help so much. I am totally motivated though and would love to at least feel confident enough to post my own thoughts in discussions.

Username: byronthewellwell
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Byron
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: aest ( Australia ) from 7-10 am , but only for 2 out of the 3 hours everyday.
What tier do you want to learn?: xy ou
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing Pokemon since I was 10, and I fell in love with gen 3. I have played every generation since then, although I didn't play much in 2012 and as such only just got bw2 and xy around Christmas.
I love cricket, basketball, and have recently just earned my karate black belt! I have tried to start competitive battling, and h ave learned how to get ivs evs and egg moves, I have recently put that into practice on Pokemon white and have evd garchomp jolteon gyarados scizor all with good natures. I have also evd a breloom with focus punch and 31 attack speed ivs. I have yet to really start understanding the ou tier though. When I make a team on smogon it is normally a mixture of cores off smogon. I would really appreciate someone teaching me the ins and outs of ou.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I have no reason to post, I just read the posts and try to put the
information into practice. But as I'm not very good, I have no reason to contribute.

Last edited:

TPO3

Never practice; Always perform.
Username: TPO3
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: TPO3
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6, Late Nights or Evenings
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a musid ed. major, so I don't have as much times to play as I used to. I've been playing competitively since DPP, but I've been really mediocre for as long as I can remember. I'd really like to to get better since I enjoy playing, but being sub-average is just so discouraging. UU is the only thing I've been "good" at, but given that OU is the standard tier, it would be great if I could improve in that area.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of Course.

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Username: BROStime
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: BROStime
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Gmt +1 Nearly all the time.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU / XY Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a guy, I live in Norway. Ive been playng competetive for about 1 1/2 year now, the reason for why I want to get tutored is because I want to become a better battler and teambuilder.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.

Username: neoshadow
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: neoshadow
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Gmt Nearly all the time.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU / XY UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a british youth, I play pokemon, watched it from original series, have been really trying to get into the metagame since unova, and I wanna be tutored to learn team synergies and compatibilities
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I've been playing Pokemon "competitively" on and off since Black, and have been repeatedley keeping up to date with the current rankings, I just havent posted her often because I havent had any proper opinions about whats happening or ow else I can contribute.

Username: Cherub Agent
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Cherub Agent/Smallville/blablabla
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT + 1, but very flexible
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: hi! :D see my ama if you want to know what ive done on smogon, or better yet ask me directly
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: if i MUST

Username:Er Ber Ter
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:General Zelgius (I only have PS)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:PST-3:30pm to 10:30pm
What tier do you want to learn?:XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I love playing pokemon, I've been playing for about a year now. I'm a huge fan of other nintendo games like Fire Emblem, Super Smash Bros, and Legend of Zelda, I also play Battlefield and Gta. As you could probably tell I mostly just game when I'm not at school or out with friends.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: As most people have said, either don't have anything to contribute or my opinion has been said by somebody else, so posting would just be a waste and I would love the opportunity to hone my team building/battling skills. Thanks for reading.

Username:Undefinedmaster
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Undefinedmaster
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Generally 3 p.m. - 8 p.m. EST
Tell us a little about yourself: A year or two ago, I left the pokemon scene, but now I'm back, and I want to learn more about competitive battling

Also, I do have less than 25 posts, but this is kinda the thing I signed up for, so I have just been waiting for this.

Username: arkhaminmate42
Pokemon Online Username:arkhaminmate42
Timezone: Genrally 7p.m.-12 p.m. EST
Tier:XY OU/Doubles
Tell us about yourself:I have been in the casual pokemon scene for a long time and want to start competitve battling. I have been using Smogon for research and want to learn to apply my skills into the game and eventually want to grow in order to help others
Tutee talk:Yes
Why i should be toutored with 25 post or less: I have joined recently into smogon and i have been doing research since the release of x and y and want to learn to put what I know into effect

Last edited:
Username: detroitwillfall
Pokemon Showdown: detroitwillfall, frostitution, te gusta?
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: eastern time zone, earlier the better but anytime
Tell us a little about yourself: been playing since Pokemon Blue, love the game, and everything about pokemon!
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes of course!

Ojama has agreed to tutor me

Last edited:
Username: Souvik De
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Razeredge01
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT + 8 7-11 pm on week days and 12:00 to 9 : pm on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: X and Y OU and mebe doubles if have time
Tell us a little about yourself: I am kinda new to the competitive scene but i know all about the basics of pokemon like ev iv etc wanted to learn theory crafting behind making good teams and also any tips and tricks to making good predictions during a pokemon battle. played a bit of showdown so know my basics well.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: Well i cant specify anything special expect perhaps if i do get the basics down and if i turn out to be good i can perhaps give back to community later by becoming a tutor myself.

Last edited:
Username: Clair
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: (random stuff)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+10, free for at least a few hours every day
Tell us a little about yourself: Longtime competitive Pokemon player, was very active in 4th and 5th gen but lost interest eventually. The main reason I'm applying for tutoring is to get into the new meta, and hopefully hang out with my tutor and have some fun. Outside of Pokemon, I'm studying politics at uni, into tennis, play keyboard part time in my friend's band
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course :)

Yeah I have under 25 posts currently blah blah. I consider myself very knowledgeable about Pokemon strategy in general and capable of contributing to intelligent discussion about most facets of the metagame. Tutoring me definitely shouldn't be a struggle, and hopefully fun for a tutor who likes theorymonning and teambuilding.

Username: BeardlyBeano
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: BeardlyBeano
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8
Mon-Fri 4 PM-12 AM
Tell us a little about yourself:
I played Gen I, II, and III back in the day and enjoyed the heck out of them. I discovered how much I still enjoy pokemon with Gen VI and have been trying to get good at competitive playing through research on BW guides here, serebii, and Pokemon Showdown. I've been trying a lot of strategies involving unexpected movesets and builds with mixed success. Beyond pokemon, I've always been an avid gamer and am currently a full time student.
Will you be willing to do tutee talkthreads on your tutors?: Absolutely!
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: Even though I haven't had much of a chance to be active yet, I'm really looking forward to contributing to the community. Most of my time so far has been dedicated to really learning how competitive pokemon works and up until recently I haven't had the confidence or the knowledge to contribute to the forums, but I hope that after working with a tutor I'll have a better knowledge to contribute actively to all the forums here as the XY meta game continues to develop.

Username:WaterMargins
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Almond The Knight
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 9pm-5am EST
What tier do you want to learn?:OU/UU
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a pretty average player looking to improve, last time I posted here was over 5 years ago and I didn't make the cut.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:If I can give something back for this service I don't see why not.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I'm stuck at a consistently low-mid rating and I want to break out and learn how to actually play better, as I feel like I'm missing something big.

Username: Coralian
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Coralian
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8
I am free between 12 to 8 pm Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
Tuesdays and Thursdays I am free 5-8 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: OU/Monotype OU
Tell us a little about yourself:
My name is Natalie but I also go by Nate. Ghost type Pokemon are my favorite. I've been a fan of Pokemon since I was three, play clarinet, watch cartoons, and enjoy comic books. My favorite superhero team is called the Birds of Prey. I read Marvel for the stories and DC for the characters. I dislike Batman but his sidekicks are the coolest people ever.(Pre NU 52 Tim Drake anyone??) I dye my hair a lot and my favorite band is Gorillaz.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I apologize for not being active on these forums, I do lurk a bit but I have problems speaking when I have nothing to contribute. I've always admired the hard work and thought put into every aspect of competitive battling and would like the opportunity to gain the skill and knowledge to participate in the Smogon community. I have the work ethic and tenacity required to learn the ropes of this game and would appreciate the chance to receive guidance in the right direction. Pokemon has always been a huge part of my life and I would like to explore the serious part of the spectrum and become the Pokemon master that the 3 year old me dreamed of becoming.

Username: InsaneDragoniteHD
PS Username : Draconic Embrace,Draggi, or AmphyLight
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 3 PM to 6 PM(depends on day) GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: XY LC
Tell us a little about yourself:I play NU and RU tiers,I'm a fairly known NU player, but not so much RU, cause I don't post much there. I'm good, but not great at battling, mainly because I don;t enter that many tournaments. I'd like to learn LC better, as the last tutor I had didn't help me the best because it just wasn't my learning style. You don't have to spend as much time explaining team building as I already know how in two tiers, but you may have to explain it to me because it's LC and I'm fairly new to the tier. Also, I'd like to learn a bit of tournament play towards the end :) Anyways, I'm a p. fast learner :)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure, I'd love to ^__^

Username: xtracross
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: xtracross
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: United States EST, and around 4-6 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon since Pokemon Yellow was released. But I first started playing competitive at Gen 4 and Gen 5. I'm not very good at the moment and been struggling in XY competitive so I was hoping if I can get some help to get better.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I think I should be tutored because I am a quick learner, and will be willingly to do anything my tutor ask me to do. I just want to learn and become better at this gen and Pokemon overall. Hopefully I will get accepted and you will not be disappointed.

Last edited:
Username: B3n
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Ben
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: US eastern standard time, Afternoons from 3-8pm.
What tier do you want to learn?: I would like to learn OU X and Y or maybe even some UU, and possibly do some Little Cup stuff cause it seems very different.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing all the way back since red and blue even though I was like 5-ish when they came out and it is my absolute favorite hand held game since. I've played and still have every generation since red/blue, and the only one I didn't really like was Pokemon Black. I never really did any competitive play, other than amongst friends, but sometimes that can be more competitive :P. With the ease of connecting to global link, wonder trade as well as battling, I decided to try to my had at competitive play, which is why I'm here.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Sure
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I should be tutored because I have a great drive to do this, it's not work, it's fun. Even endless IV breeding. I know all about IV/EV training and would just like a mentor to help me design a team that has a chance in competitive play. I won't take very long to learn as I am a quick study (it only took 2 days to set up a complete IV breeding system and get 2 perfect IV pokemon). Anyways I hope someone reads this and thinks im worth the chance. :D

Username: Sully5443
Pokemon Showdown Username: Sully5443
Timezone and hours of availability: US EST (GMT -5) 4PM- 8 PM on most days
What tier do you want to learn: XY OU (or UU, if OU guys are unavailable)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college student finishing up my undergrad in sports and exercise science, looking for a career as a physician assistant in sports medicine. When I'm not cursing myself for being a science major, I'm normally playing video games; and pokemon is probably my top favorite game (tied closely with mass effect). I've been watching and learning from competitive videos for quite some time, but I'm not quite good enough at it for my own standards, so I'm hoping to learn from some of the experts. Otherwise, I'm a mixed martial artist, I like to write (and consume books as if they were food), and I do enjoy a good nuzlocke challenge.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk: Yes
Brief explanation of why you should be tutored if you have fewer than 25 posts: One of my favorite things to do when I've gotten pretty good at a game is to help others get good at it as well. I really want to help and participate in the RMT threads, but I can't quite do that until I've learned to 1) make decent and well thought out teams myself and 2) actually analyze teams and spot weaknesses. Until then, all I can do is lurk around. I'm hoping from my time at battling 101 I can really begin to contribute more to Smogon and help others who were once in the same spot as me. I catch on very quickly and I know I can give back to the community once I acquire the proper knowledge. Thanks for considering, and thanks for the opportunity to get involved in this program.

Username: ArcanineDog
PS Username: Sturtaz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 2PM - 9PM GMT -6
What tier do you want to learn?: OU Gen 6
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been involved with Pokemon since I was a kid. Around 8th grade I joined an official Pokemon league with a focus on the TCG in which I played competitively until a year or two ago. Outside Pokemon I like Japanese culture and spicy food. I am currently going to school for IT Support.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, I will most certainly will.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS
Well, quitting the TCG has kind of made it difficult to be active during Pokemon league and has been starting to drift me apart from friends that I have known for years. I figured that switching my outlooks from TCG to the video game would allow me to reconnect with those friends by giving myself a new niche in the league. However, I have been having confidence issues with my ability to pick up the game. As a result, I have been fearful and finding myself stalling a lot when I try to practice the game to hone my skills. I think having guidance and encouragement from a tutor who could step me through the early steps of team building and battle theory can provide me the boost I need to become more confident in Pokemon.

I feel it is important to note that I have read a lot on competitive battling; the help I need the most is applying what I have researched to the game.

Last edited:
Username: Evanator7272
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Evanator7272

Your timezone and usual hours of availability
: PST tuesdays, fridays, saturdays and sundays 6:00pm - 10:00pm
*just a side note* Scheduling is very important to me so that I can work around my day to prevent overlapping in personal events.

What tier do you want to learn?
: X&Y OU

Tell us a little about yourself
: I have been playing pokemon since gold and silver, around the age of eight. Also, I have been competitively battling for around four years now (ever since diamond and pearl) and have a pretty good understanding of the mechanics of the game. Also, around last summer I discovered pokemon showdown which has helped drastically boost my metagame by allowing myself to quickly create new sets before strenuous training in game. However, I would love to receive some tutoring to further improve my understanding of battling and to bring out my full potential. I also hope to become more involved in other areas of smogon such as C&C, RMT and smergals studio....which leads me to more of my personal life. I am also a visual artist and classically trained cellist so my time gets eaten up quickly between practice, rehearsals and high school.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: To tell you the truth, I do not know what this is but I would be willing to do it and it sounds interesting?

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS:
I love pokemon and have lurked around smogon for quite some time learning and reading about pokemon (specifically set lists). I would love to become part of this awesome community and learn from the best. What pushed me to create an account around 4 days ago was my desire to help form pokemon set list, become an active community member in smogon, learn about the metagame from experience professionals and to have a good time with people that love pokemon as much as I do. I hope to be chosen for this generous mentorship program so I can contribute my thoughts and creative ideas to future conversations.

Username: Youngjake93
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Youngjake93
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, idk a lot
What tier do you want to learn?: XY LC
Tell us a little about yourself: Ok so I possibly will be a doubles tutor and am in SPL, but I want to get better at another tier! I've been to about 1780 on the ladder. I get the feeling that is bad, but I'm a noob at LC so idk. Ever since I saw that SPL LC battle that was like 9001 turns long, I figured I have a lot to learn. I know a bit about the meta, but I need to learn to teambuild and make BASED PLAYS. Ponyta+Mixkrow is my favorite offensive combo so far, please help me be awesome at this metagame.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yup

Username: Shur'tugal
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: usually Flames Remain
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: +5.5 and I'm available around 7-8 on weekdays and pretty much whenever on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Ubers, XY OU, XY LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitive pokemon since August. I like basketball, movies, reading and I'm pretty talkative. I'm a quick learner. I'm okay at OU and gen 5 LC,but other tiers not so much.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: sure, but if somebody explains this a little better to me...
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I think that I can contribute to the forums, as I am somewhat knowledgeable about the metagames. Once I become better, hopefully I can help others get better too. I'd like to get more involved with the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)