Apprentice Program: Round Fifty Five

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Welcome to round 55 of Battling 101. If you were tutored last round, make sure you send in you tutor evaluations. Our tutors dedicate a lot of time to this program and the evaluations help us assess their contributions. If you are seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Fill out the information below to be assigned a tutor.

Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:

To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what Philip7086's application would look like:

Username: Philip7086
Shoddy Username: Philip7086, Pro Bro
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8, 4:00PM-2:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: DP OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I had to ask my boss if I could get out of work early to post my Pokemon apprentice application.

I deleted all of my posts because they were all terrible. I really want to learn how to play Pokemon the right way because I have struggled with it for so long and put in a lot of time to get better, but can't improve at all.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE LESS THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: In addition, after your time of tutoring, please take the time to fill in the evaluation form and send it to the entire tutoring staff. This helps us on so many levels!

Assignments: [You can read these onsite too]

M Dragon - FAFUS
M Dragon - Celebi42
Mekkah - White Queen
DracoMalfoy - DittoCrow
TEzeon - ~GreenCore
EspyJoel - Vulgo
Iconic - Jirachi
Stone_Cold - Eranu
Fried Rhys - Furai
SkyNet - Ticcyboy
Zephyr - Tiffanyy
am - Oblivion IX
B-Lulz - Aeromence
Squirrel. - tarverboy101
ChouToshio - Xav
Nachos - Hot N Cold
AndViet - VERAKS
Ojama - lapras6666 / Jayde
ala - Chimpakt
Haunter - Jio
DracoMalfoy - Thatsjustpreachy
undisputed - D4RR3N
macle - TubaPride
Agammemnon - dragonboy52
ChouToshio - NickiMinaj
reyscarface - Noodlez
Scimjara - Allieshy
Stone_Cold - MikeDecIsHere
Seven Deadly Sins - liberty32
Lammpost - dragonuser
idiotfrommars - Dublinnaser1 / Mostwanted

Assigned to idiotfrommars

Username: Dublinnaser1
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Dublinnaser1, Samir Nasri
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST, After school on weekdays and most weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: B/W OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a sophomore in high school with pretty good grades and I'm pretty damn lucky that I'm in AP Chemistry as a sophomore lol. I play soccer alot.

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Assigned to Lamppost

Username
: dragonuser
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: light-kun
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, like 5-11 pm weekdays and all weekends. really depends on my hw
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, DPP OU, (BW team building takes priority)
Tell us a little about yourself: im a 15 year old guy that loves sports and video games. In BW OU i still feel my team building skills are somewhat lacking and could use some help. Although the real reason I want to get tutored this round is to break into a brand new fields for me, DPP OU. Ive noticed that alot of tournaments are in DPP OU and since ive never played that tier I cant really join them. So i was wondering if I could get tutored in it :). Also DPP is a major tier for smogon tour. but yea im a 15 year old guy that loves basketball and lacrosse :)

roscoe

tfw i’ll never be good enough
is a Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Seven Deadly Sins

Username
:liberty32
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:l32,-l32
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -8 Pacific Time My schedule is very flexible atm.But by choice about 3pm pacific to midnight.
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself:Ive been playing BW OU for a few months now and I just cant seem to get any better...I'm a hard worker I just feel im missing something hence why I joined.I feel my predictions are good but I need to learn other things such as team building,being clutch etc.I just wanna become skilled in BW OU and learn to play smarter as well.

I also don't have enough posts because I dont use the forums most and I've deleted some of my dumb pointless posts..hopefully i get someone :) I'm also very active on the smogon po server on various alts so activity wil ldefinently not be a problem.

testSelector

Assigned to Stone_Cold

Username
: MikeDecIsHere
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: MikeDecIsHere
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -5 GMT. Tennis season ended today, so my schedule should be much more flexible.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: 20, tennis player, sexy as sin, etc. I know the metagame, and I am pretty solid on the teambuilding, but I need to learn how to make better plays and not to choke my brains out. It would be nice to be able to make voting requirements for once instead of getting to 1350 and losing because of a dumb move x.x

Requesting Stone_Cold because he's a boss.

Assigned to Scimjara

Username
: Elesa (IRC) / Allieshy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Elesa Bernard
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern, 3pm-1am
Tell us a little about yourself: I've dabbled in a lot of things and find I usually have a competitive nature, but almost always require some form of instruction to get a good start. I took martial arts for over half of my life, played Tennis in HS, and love all things RPG. So far I've come to enjoy the atmosphere of the Smogon forums and their IRC pages, despite having only recently joined in on it. I've tried to be more active, but I find I know too little to really add to most of the threads, which is something I wish to change. I've played pokemon since the days of the bulky gameboy and buggy first gen mechanics, although my competitive play has only recently started (during ADV, although I never got too far). I wish to participate in B101 so that I can learn to be better in competitive and stop making the awful prediction calls in my matches on pokemon online, as well as to be better capable of contributing to the forums and discussions on IRC. Thanks for taking the time to read my block of text!

Assigned to reyscarface

Username
: Noodlez
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Noodlez
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -8, 4-9
What tier do you want to learn?:ADV OU, BW OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I can play the piano, and I do pretty well in school. In my free time I like to play tennis and soccer cuz fun sports. I'm pretty good at pokemon, especially at BW OU. I wanna learn how to teambuild and stuff like everybody else. BW takes priority, then ADV.

Assigned to ChouToshio

Username:NickiMinaj
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Pizza
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 4-11
What tier do you want to learn?:BW UU but if thats not available BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I love the game of pokemon, but outside of that I love many different things like football, chess, and cooking. Thats pretty much it I guess. Hoping there are more Uu tutors this time around so I can learn the meta better.

If possible id like to be tutored by someone who can play balanced teams.

Assigned to Agammemnon

Username: dragonboy52
Pokemon Online: Dragonboyz
TimeZone/Availability: GMT+3 14-16, 16-18 (Flexible)
What tier would you like to learn: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon ever since Gold / Silver came out. I'd like help with teambuilding, predictions and stratergies.

Assigned to macle

Username
: TubaPride
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Uername:TubaPride, TubaPrideTesting
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7, 7-11 but I'm very flexable.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I play tuba and go to college. Playing competetively and team building is my break from studying but I wish I was better at it.

Assigned to undisputed

Username
: D4RR3N
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: D4RR3N / DarrenPwns
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8, 5:00 pm - 11 pm on weekdays, pretty much the whole day on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, DPP OU, ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing pokemon for a while, got pretty good at it, but still i would like to get to another level on battling.

p/s: undisputed agreed to tutor me so i'd like him

Assigned to DracoMalfoy

Username
: Thatsjustpeachy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Alura/Princess Peach
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, depends on schedule since college is a little crazy
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU,DPP OU(backup)
Tell us a little about yourself: I feel like i have 5th gen down and i realized based on the tour(which is my first full tour i ever participated in) my adv was my weak link and I hope with some help i can be more competitive in ADV OU tours. The thing is I don't really know anything about the metagame besides basic mechanics so Id love to learn how to construct ADV teams and guidelines on how i should approach and adv battle.

Enz0 said he would tutor me

Edit: Enz0 said he would be too busy for this tutoring period. So i guess whoever is good at adv and is open then.

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Haunter

Username: Jio
Pokemon Online Username: Jio
Timezone: EST, 6:00 PM-10:00 PM weekdays, I'm free all day on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU
A little about yourself: Right now I'm preparing for the VGC regionals, but I'm still trying to hone my skills for singles.

I'd like to request Haunter once again. He agreed to tutor me for this round

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Assigned to ala

Username
: Chimpakt
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Chimpakt
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - 5, Mostly weekends. 6-11 PM Weekdays
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU/ DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitively since ADV, but I quit about a year after DPP came out. Got back into it when BW came out and I'm pretty knowledgeable about the game, but I'd really like to get to that next level nah meyne?

Assigned to Ojama

Username: Lapras6666
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Lapras6666
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2, 9:00-22:30 PM weekdays, 9:00-midnight on weekends + fridays. On weekends, you can find me at any time.
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU, BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've a relatively new player (i've been into pokemon for about 8 months) but I think that I have a good amount of skill in the BW tier, but like every battler, I wanna improve. I also wanna learn how to play the amazing tier called DPP OU, with this tier as priority. I also signed up last round, but they didn't choose me.

Assigned to AndViet

Username:Veraks
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Koolbeans
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT available for almost the whole weekend and in the week 2-3 hours a night
What tier do you want to learn?: bw ou
Tell us a little about yourself: im a 17 year old boy in college i plaay pokemon in my spare time aswell as do graphics designing i've played competitive pokemon for 3 years now but have been struggling with bw ou

requesting andviet

Assigned to Nachos

Username
: Hot N Cold

Pokemon Online Username: Hot N Cold, Eon Sky
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1(Madrid), Monday-Friday: 15:30-23:30, Sundays and Saturdays: 8:00-00:00
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU.

Tell us a little about yourself: I am a guy who has been playing this something more than a year, i'm a pretty decent but I want to improve in these tiers, and i have really wanted to improve on them. I'm a nice person and I like to help others in all possible. My favorites sports are swimming and badminton, and i love the music especially R&B and Pop. And i think this is all! :)

I didn't get tutored last round.

Assigned to ChouToshio

Username
: Xav
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Xav, Alt
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +10 (3-6pm weekdays, all weekends)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU, BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing competitive Pokemon since the late stages of DPPt. I was very active during the introduction of BW, but recently my interest has waned. I would love to improve and learn as much as I could and hopefully a new tier and tutor will provide that.

EDIT: Chou Toshio has offered to tutor me.

Assigned to Squirrel.

Username
:tarverboy101
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: tarverboy101
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: central and usually after five on the weekdays and weekends it just depends, but i can make time.
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I grew up around pokemon, and when I found out about competitive, I was instantly hooked. I really really would love to learn more about it, and become a better battler. I know the basics, but not much more. I don't have more than 25 posts, but I have quite many on Serebii, and I use Smogon all the time, just never ventured to the forums, but I'm going to be here much more often. I really hope I am chosen to be tutored, because I would really love to be better.

I generally roll with balanced teams.

As for my personal interests, I love music. Its so thrilling to me. I also love singing and playing guitar. I really want to learn to play the cello as well. :3

Assigned to B-Lulz

Username
: Aeromence
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Aeromence, AeroTest (almost always Aeromence, unless I'm testing :>)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +10:00. I'm available from 3:10 PM, and most of the day on the weekend.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've alway wanted voting reqs, but I'm just not good enough to get there. I hope I'll get a tutor this round. I like sport, I'm pretty smart, so I don't get much homework (I finish it all in class). I like listening to David Guetta while I play on PO.

Assigned to am

Username
: Oblivion IX
Pokémon Online/Shoddy Username: IX, Cake for Breakfast
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 3:30 - 8:00 PM (Weekdays); I'm available anytime on weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm just your average teenage guy who enjoys playing Pokemon, along with many other video games, while not spending time on schoolwork or chilling with my friends. I played pretty well during mid to late DPP, but have been struggling a lot to adapt to BW. The two main things I need help with are improving my mediocre technique on the battlefield and my team building skills. I could also use some detailed insight on the current metagame though I already know a thing or two about the basics.

Username: Majestic
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: FarFromHell/Majestic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+10 3pm to 6-9 pm on week days and weekends 12pm to 6pm What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've Been playing competive poke's for about 4-3 years, 4th gen was my forte but with 5th gen it isnt, im good with predicting ect. It's just making soild good teams is where i lose my confidence within the game, and just using the same team over and over again.

Assigned to Zephyr

AlUsername
: Tiffanyy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: xoxoTiffany
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8 (PST) 3PM - 12PM Usually.
Tell us a little about yourself: Just your average fifteen year old girl who plays Pokemon. Been playing since around march and I'm in a little of a slump at the moment ;-;. I'm also a terrible team builder and I'll leave it at that. I also play xbox sometimes... Thats pretty much it. :)
One more note, I tried to get a tutor last round but didn't get one.

Assigned to SkyNet

Username: Ticcyboy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Ticcyboy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT. 7pm-8:30pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I have played pokemon for years now and never got into online battling and really want to get into it.

hi

username InsanityVoid
Age 14
Pokemon online username TheJokerX
Online time/ Most of the time unless busy
Tier OU
Hey Im InsanityVoid I know most stuff about pokemon but I can't make teams or predict moves very well I have been competitively battling for a Long time but never seemed to get the hang of it.

I do have less than 25 post and I think I should be tutored because i am really terrible at battling atm D= and I think I would very much benefit from doing this tutoring program hope I get in =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)