Apprentice Program: Round Fifty Five

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Darkoness21
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Darkoness21
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 6:30PM - 12:30AM (Monday and Wednesday) 3:30PM - 12:30AM (Tuesday and Thursday) 11:30AM - 12:30AM (Weekends)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm just your average college kid who enjoys playing video games, drawing, and hanging out with friends. I've been playing pokemon competitively over a year now and I've developed a lot of skill and prediction in battle through self taught, reading The Smog, play testing teams on PO and learning the relevant metagame but I feel that there is always room for improvement.

After lurking for quite some time, a friend of mine recommended that I should come here to improve my skills. So the reason why I came here is because I want to sharpen my skills further to the next level and become professional like Earthworm. My team building skills for UU and RU are alright but in OU, it's "meh" and so I want to improve on that. I already have the basic knowledge of team building in OU but it's just that I want to learn the core concept instead of just scratching the mere surface of it. I'm a fast learner and I'm pretty good with people.

I want to learn the ropes of building OU teams to pass on the knowledge I've learned to others so that they will become advanced players as well. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'll be happy with any tutor I'm given so long as they provide me with the essential knowledge I need.

-Darkoness21

Username: CrapTrainer
Pokemon Online Username: CrapTrainer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Gmt -7 3-10 p.m on weekdays
Tell us a little about yourself: I started battling competitively about 6 months ago and although I have learned a lot by myself I think having a tutor will help me get to the next level. I feel that my weakest point is team building. Obviously this is a very important part of competitive battling so I'm hoping someone can help me with the team building process and what I should be striving for when building a team.

Username: jessifer
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Jessifer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4, weekdays 4-9 pm, weekends 1-11 pm
Tell us a little about yourself: Have been battling competitively since summer. I'd like help with basics like teambuilding and prediction.

Username: AerialLight
Pokémon Online Username: AerialLight
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4 (Eastern Daylight Time), 3 to 6 pm weekdays, various hours during weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I started playing competitive about 1 year ago, and I really would like to enhance my skills regarding teambuilding and prediction skills

Username:Drylx
Pokemon Online:RtpN
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:(GMT - 7:00) 3:00-12:00pm weekdays, 7:00-12:00pm Weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: I started competitive pokemon back in 08, then quit for 2 years, played for another couple months and quit again, i just recently picked up the game again, and thought this will be a great way to return to the game.

Username: Lionrt60
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Lionrt60, Lionrt60 [Test], Arboksweep
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, availiable between 15:30-21:00. Sometimes availiable later.
What tier do you want to learn?: Standard (BW) OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi, I'm lionrt60 and I would love to get tutored. I am very dedicated and have been trying to both Teambuild and Battle and am near the mid-high range of poor :( I will be very active and hardworking and just need someone to go through the process of thought while teambuilding and battling. Oh, and don't be put off by my Avatar, I can be serious :P

Note: I first made the Arboksweep username ages ago because my first pokemon EVd was an Arbok which i made for no paticular reason a few years back to battle my friend with and now just use for alts sometimes. Don't think i'll try to make Arbok work in OU xP

Username: christos21
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: christos21
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: My timezone is GMT +3.I am usually available after 23:00 in weekdays.In weekends i am available at least for 2-3 hours per day.
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU , DPP UU , DPP Ubers , BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself:Hi,i'm christos21 from Greece and i would like to be tutored in aforementioned tiers.I have quite good teambuilding skills but i would like to learn the basics in these tiers,so that i can battle there as well.Please,find a tutor for me this time as i had once signed up back in Round 51 and i wasn't tutored.After that round i didn't have time to be tutored so please don't reject me once again..

Username: Soto
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Soto
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3, hm.. Night and all day on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: Oh.. muchs. Order of preference: BW OU, DPPt OU, Adv OU, DPPt UU, BW UU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a Brazilian guy, 15 years and am fairly sedentary. My favorite hobby is play Pokémon(ohh)But now I'm lost cause I can not play the new metagame (and because of it, I confuse concepts and strategies and Dppt/Adv i.e:adv no have scarf [i start play end dppt], the new metodology of sleep [dppt/bw] and other things). I desire to improve, to be a good player next year. Is my goal.

Username: The Silent Storm
PO Username: The Silent Storm
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 15.30-23.50
Tell us a little about yourself: I have played competitive pokèmon for a very long time, sadly after excadrill ban I feel quite uneasy with the new metagame, I would like to get into it

Username: Stylish Interval
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Stylish Interval
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, GMT -5 (i guess?) 4.30-11pm usually
Tell us a little about yourself: 17 years old. Varsity soccer and lacrosse. Lift weights, hoping to get into powerlifting in college in a few years. Played Gen 4 well but I've never been able to grasp Gen V too well. can't get the hang of it tbh. love talking to people though! :)

Username: SatiSuicune
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: SatiSuicune
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Weekdays - 7-10 PM, Weekends - 3-10 PM GMT -5
Tell us a little about yourself: I requested Undisputed, and he accepted. I play tennis, piano, and violin. Tennis for 4 years, piano for 8 years, and violin for 3. I'm really good at piano and just above average in tennis and violin.

Username: Makaveli3k
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Makaveli
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT Most evenings
Tell us a little about yourself: from the UK, i love rap music :3 and i am college atm studying a variety of subjects. I love history as well :3 I find it interesting to say the least, and would love to have a career in it. Hopefully being a teacher
Why should I be tutored?: Well despite the fact i have less than 25 posts does not mean i am not active, i have atleast produced 4 rmts to this point, and i am still new to competitive so a tutor woul be nice to help me get better. I do not mind who it is as long as they help me, if people put in the effort for me I will always put in effort for them. I believe i have the capacity to be at a better level and would be thankful to be tutored

Username:Loukas
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Loukas
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT +2 I d like to discuss the hours with my tutor if i am chosen
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I have been caught up with RNGing and haven't battled seriously since 4th gen so i want to get back and learn from the pros!
I have talked with Haunter and he said he ll take me when i posted here.

Username: Steamroll
Pokemon Online username: Steamroll, Steambarrelroll
Timezone and availability: GMT -5 (US Eastern Coast) Weekdays 2pm-11pm and sometimes weekends.
About me: I am currently a senior in high school who moved to the DC Metro area about 5 months ago after living in New Jersey my entire life. I joined Smogon's IRC channels about two months ago and am one of the more active users on #Dreamworld. In my spare time I enjoy traveling and riding roller coasters. I am applying for tutoring to help with my team building skills primarily. I know a large part of the metagame but I have trouble applying that into an effective team.

Username: Mewcario2546
Pokemon Online / Shoddy Username: Mewcario
Timzone & Usual hours of availibility: GMT +10, 4 PM to 7 PM, maybe 9 AM to 3 PM
What Tier do you want to learn: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing pokemon competivley for almost a year, however i feel that I am lacking in some areas, and i really want to improve! What else, Im australian, i play hockey, tennis, saxophone, paino & guitar, not that most of that matters

SoulWind

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis the 6th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 32 Championwon the 9th Official Ladder Tournamentis a defending SPL Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Assigned to M Dragon

Username: Celebi42
Pokemon Online Username: SoulWind, -BlueThunder-.
Timezone & Usual hours of availibility: GMT +1
What tier do you want to learn: ADV OU
About me: I have been playing pokemon for a year, and i would like learn ADV.

I would like be tutored by M Dragon if its possible.

Username: Unbreakable
PO username: Unbreakable
Timezone: Eastern (GMT -5)
Hours of availability: Tuesday, Thursday and weekends all day, Fridays until 3:30 pm
Desired tier: BW Ubers
About me: I'm an avid player of Flash Flash Revolution, and posting in Firebot helped me get more comfortable with posting in their analog, The Garbage Bin.

Username: Uthanak
Username: Uthanak
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern standard time, GMT -5 Will be available anytime during fridays and saturdays. On the other days it has to be between 00:00 and 4:00 AM or between 12:30 and 1:30pm
What tier do you want to learn?: B/W OU or UU
Tell us a little about yourself: 13 years pokemon player but only generation 1-2, just got platinum and white and am looking to learn the ropes.
Requesting scimjara if possible.

Username: Leahn Novash
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Leahn Novash (PO)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 8 PM to 10 PM GMT -3
What tier do you want to learn?: OU, UU, BW
Tell us a little about yourself:

I started training Pokemon when the game was released way back in the first generation. I trained way too much the first generation, and trained in the second generation like mad. I knew a lot and was pretty knowledgeable, but when the third generation came, I was preparing for College and didn't touch it much. When the fourth generation came, I was overworked, and seriously outdated. I found myself unable to catch up with the metagame, now much more complicated than back in the second generation. But I wanted to go back to training. When the fifth generation was announced, I promised myself I would find time and catch up. I tried, but I found out that there is too much I don't know, and too much that I don't know I don't know. Hence why I am here.

I know all the theory, but I don't know how to put it in practice. I cannot make or evaluate an effective team, or even evaluate the best way to build the Pokemon I want to use.

I have zero posts here. I simply have nothing to contribute until I learn a sizeable proportion of what I lack, and I didn't want to make myself a fool by posting wrong things. I made an account only in order to be taught.

Username:Libelldra
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:GameGuy_5318 (PO)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Central Time Zone, 16:30-18:00
What tier do you want to learn?:OU BW
Tell us a little about yourself:I've played Pokemon since before I could read, but I haven't really started battling competitively until recently. I'm still not very good at it.
Why I should be tutored:Like I said, I only started recently, and I'm struggling with a few things. One of the big ones is switching, from prediction to knowing when to do it myself and what to switch to. Another one is synergy, my teams always end up having one big flaw, or I can't figure out a final member, or keep adding and removing members until I just scrap the team all together. I know I don't have many posts, but please consider me. I'm also a regular user on the GameFAQs Pokemon Black Version board, under the same name as my PO username.

Username: Sabeta
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Sabeta, alts are Taiyou and Ankou
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5: 10am-2am
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Oh crap, I hope I'm not too late. I'll keep it brief this time around. I feel I have made great strides in my personal battling skill, but that my Team Building could still use a lot of work. I would like to request Ojama, as he's been good with me so far. I wouldn't mind getting somebody else; though, as I feel a fresh mind may be a valuable experience. If I get skipped over this round, I wouldn't mind it too terribly.

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username:TropiOUs
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:TropiOUs and all of its variants and a lot of other random names).
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:-6 GMT,After 2pm on that time zone.
What tier do you want to learn?:BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself:I love trolling,videogames that are longer than 5 hours and my opinions are facts 9 times out of 10.,and I think I'm banned from Smogon server for abusing shedinja glitch on previous PO versions.

Username: bubbly
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: bubbly, bubblytest# etc
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT + 8
What tier do you want to learn?: Mainly DPP OU, but if I can sort out my problems there, some BW OU would be great too.
Tell us a little about yourself: I finished high school last year, I'm heading off to do a journalism course at university in 2012 and in the meantime I wanted to improve my battling skills. I'd like to concentrate on DPP OU because I know the metagame really well and think I'm a strong teambuilder, but I still struggle to consistently win on the ladder.

*I applied last round but didn't get a tutor, I guess I get priority ?

Username: Iterinku
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Iterinku
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, I'm usually free around the weekends at 7:00pm - 10:00pm and sometimes the weekdays too at 7:00pm-8:00pm
What tier do you want to learn?: (D/P) UU or (B/W) UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, first of all, I was introduced to competitive battling about a year ago but never got the chance to try it. However, I've been able to free up some time and i'd like to have a chance to get to know the basics better. I'd like to work on my team more and decided to be different and use UU tiered pokemon instead of the average OU tiers. I hope you'll be able to work with me.

SuperKnuckles

USERNAME - SuperKnuckles
AGE- 18
PO USERNAME- TnR , SuperKnuckles
GMT- 5 from 1.00pm to 10.00pm, available most of time in weekends
BW OU
ABOUT ME? Well, im a nice person, im 18 from puerto rico. i've been playing pkmn since 10 years.i am college student, chemitry student and im singing up from my psp lol.
WHY BE TUTORED? I suck at teambuilding, need to get better those battling skills & im an active member. this is my first time getting tutored. 8)

THANKS YOU ALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)