Apprentice Program: Round Fifty One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
*If you were a tutee last round and haven't sent in an evaluation for your tutor, please do so as soon as possible*

We are ready to begin Round 51 of the tutoring program; if you wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. We are here for you, so take advantage!

Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:

To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what Philip7086's application would look like:

Username: Philip7086
Shoddy Username: Philip7086, Pro Bro
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8, 4:00PM-2:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: DP OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm gay.

YOU MUST HAVE OVER 15 POSTS ON AT LEAST 10 SEPARATE DAYS TO PARTICIPATE. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: In addition, after your time of tutoring, please take the time to fill in the evaluation form and send it to the entire tutoring staff. This helps us on so many levels!

---

Assignments

am
-DarthChocoboz (06/18/2011)

B-Lulz
-Tan (06/18/2011)

DJX09
-smashlloyd20 (06/18/2011)

EspyJoel
-Vulgo (06/18/2011)

Eternal
-Solace (06/18/2011)
-sworm09 (06/18/2011)

hanke
-Scarfwynaut (06/18/2011)

Haunter
-Chileno4Live (06/18/2011)

Huntofthelion
-purplefingers (06/18/2011)

Kevin Garrett
-The Shiny Umbreon (06/18/2011)
-Amarillo (06/20/2011)

Lamppost
-Calcifer (06/18/2011)

Macle
-AeroSaar (06/18/2011)

Nachos
-bbabbb (06/18/2011)

Megan_Fox
-Jiovaine11 (06/18/2011)

Optimusje
-Hokage (06/18/2011)

PK Gaming
-YAYtears (06/21/2011)

reachzero
-avdc90 (06/18/2011)

reyscarface
-DC. (06/18/2011)

Scimjara
-WillSO (06/18/2011)

Seven Deadly Sins
-hoiboy (06/18/2011)
-dsdelinquent (07/05/2011)

SkyNet
-Veevee (06/18/2011)
-PenguinX (07/05/2011)

Zeph
-HardCore (06/18/2011)

ASSIGNED TO PK Gaming

Username:YAYtears
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:YAYtears, kidsexchange
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -8
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself:An atheletic nerd who voted round 4 and got to #10 on the PO server.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Username: AndViet
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: AndViet, DamnViet
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a Vietnamese kid and In my free-time I like to play Shot-put, Discus, and sometimes Javelin but aside from sports I like to play Pokemon.

ASSIGNED TO DJXO9

Username: smashlloyd20
Shoddy Username: smashlloyd20
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (4 because of Daylight Savings): 11 PM-2 AM, 4-5 PM on all weekdays besides Wednesday.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW Uber, DPP UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Rolf>Shinon. You know it Mekkah...

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: ginganinja
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: ginganinja
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +12 but I am online for huge periods of time especially since my exams and stuff are over and I have like 3 weeks off
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Average NZ guy at university

ASSIGNED TO Optimusje

Username: Hokage
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: King of Muffins
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+4 anytime
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU and BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Raised from Serebii, I love to hang out with friends, play sports, and love to play pokemon. I also have my own personal collection of reptiles that I enjoy taking care of. Ive been lurking on smogon for quite some time and just joined. I am desperate to become the best battler I can be and I think through this I can achieve that.

ASSIGNED TO Kevin Garrett

Username: The Shiny Umbreon
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: The Shiny Umbreon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 9-11 PM any day, and almost whenever on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been into pokémon forever, and have been battling competitively since D/P, but I struggle with teambuilding and in-battle logic.

ASSIGNED TO Iconic

Username: Mr_br_kill
Pokemon online/shoddy user name: Mrbrkill
Timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt -5. 9:00-1200 pm (on the site in general) and 8:00 -9:00 on pokemon online
What tier would I like to learn: bw ubers or bw ou
Tell us a little about my self: I'm Canadien and proud of it, eh!

ASSIGNED TO Scimjara

Username: WillSO
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: WillSO (Note: I usually play on Shoddy2 [aka. Pokemon Lab] - so that'd be my preference if possible. I do have Shoddy/PO if it is absolutely neccessary though :( )
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT. I play most evenings (from 6pm onwards) and weekends whenever I'm free.
What tier do you want to learn?: 4th Gen OU (if time allows, and at the tutor's discretion, perhaps moving into the 5th gen?)
Tell us a little about yourself: I started battling mid summer 2010 when Salamence was just getting banned and I've never really settled into the OU metagame. I've recently hit a block and I can't seem to grow as a player anymore - I suspect due to my poor knowledge about the metagame - as such I really struggle to build teams.

Outside of the internet, my hobbies include cycling, squash, badminton, casual football (or soccer...), and I have on occasion done some stand-up comedy at a local bar which I really enjoyed. I consider myself easy to get along with and good company to boot.

Requesting Scimjara if possible.
Perhaps a tutor from a similar timezone may be more appropriate however...

ASSIGNED TO Nachos

Username:bbabbb
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Aero
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:+2 GMT, anytime
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU / BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well im from holland. i've been into wifi battling since pokemon black and white and so far i really like it

ASSIGNED TO Huntofthelion

Username: purplefingers
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Purplefingers, and whole lot of others
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 3-9pm in GMT-4
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been into this for a little while now, and I'm not too bad. However, I cannot for the life of me figure this tier out. I can predict semi-well and can build a half decent team, but I can never be "great" in bw. I was tutored very well once before, so I'd appreciate it if i could get someone who really knows what they're doing in bw ou.

Besides this stuff I'm an average kid who plays sports and just likes to stay busy.

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ASSIGNED TO Megan_Fox

Username: Jiovaine11
Shoddy Username: Jiovaine11, -Jio-
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 4:00 pm - 9:00pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU , BW Uber
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm very close to graduating from high school and I'm obviously excited. I've attempted to gain reqs in the last suspect round in UU, but I failed so now I'm going at it again

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ASSIGNED TO Eternal

Username: Solace.
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Solace (or whatever comes to mind at the time)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, and probably around 12 pm-7pm or whenever really
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU and BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 15 year old Pokemon player. I want to be able to get a tiering contributor badge at some point so I want to get a good grasp on the BW OU and BW UU metagames in order to get reqs.

DC.

Eu estou aqui
ASSIGNED TO reyscarface

Username:DC.
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:DC, -13, Superman
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Im GMT(lisbon) and i can come on at pretty much anytime except from 2am-->10 am
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU/UU (OU mainly)
Tell us a little about yourself:Ive been playing compepetively for around 2 years now and the only reason im signing up for this is to learn more about synergy/Team building as it's probably my biggest problem. outside of pokemon i also play basketball, tennis and soccer. i signed up before but as im not really a forum person, i didnt have 15 posts.

Edit: reyscarface has agreed to tutor me.

Username:pimpgangster
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:pimpgangster
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT+10,17:00-22:00 Monday, Wednesday, Friday and 15:00-22:00 Weekends
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU, BW LC
Tell us a little about yourself:I have been a member of Smogon for almost 4 months now but have only really got into the social side of the site. I would love for the opportunity to become more involved in the competitive side of the site and further help out.

Username: Curtains
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Curtains###
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -4 4pm -9pm
Tell us a little about yourself: College student living in Detroit . Black guy. Has trouble team building. Got into competitive pokemon june 2009. Very attentive and pretty nice guy once you sit and talk to me. Chess player, tennis player , hates to lose.

ASSIGNED TO SevenDeadlySins

Username: hoiboy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: TestA/hoiboy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST (GMT -8), Fridays from 8-10 and most Saturday evenings. I can also try some weekday evenings, but that's on a day-to-day basis.
What tier do you want to learn? Little Cup Gen V / OU Gen V
Tell us a little about yourself:

I am an aspiring classical pianist. My main activity is playing piano, but I also spin pens and mountain bike as hobbies. I try not to stress out too much over school, but that doesn't really happen when you go to... the most asian school in the US ._.

I used to play B/W OU and Dreamworld, but VGC + studies in general have really derailed my plans, so I want to try a new metagame.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
ASSIGNED TO Kevin Garrett
Username: Amarillo
Pokemon Online Username: whatever comes to mind...but I'll stick with Amarillo (I don't play at all with that name, just have it registered xD)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 I can get some time during Tue / Fri /Sat afternoon period.
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU, ADV OU, DPP OU, in order of importance.
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi I'm from Connecticut I like to play Pokemon. I don't play like an ass but I'm not all too great either--just say I have common sense. I like lots of nerdy things.xD (that includes math, pokemon, piano, frisbee, chess...)

I wish this program integrates me into the community as much as it teaches mons.

ASSIGNED TO Lamppost

Username: Calcifer
Pokemon Online Username: Calcifer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time. I am available during weekdays 10 o clock a.m. through 3 o clock p.m.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW LC, BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a normal (or weird) person that likes to play Pokemon. I like to play chess and chess is what made me like Pokemon because both are strategy games but I have been having trouble with Pokemon because its way different than chess. I despise math but I like literature and solving riddles. I also like creating riddles. I play badminton and a little bit of soccer and I'm going to be an upcoming Junior next year in high school. =)

ASSIGNED TO Zeph

Username: HardCore
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: HardCore aplebuterftw
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: eastern SUMMER
Tell us a little about yourself: I guess I am kinda shy. I don't get too involved unless a I know a person or group better. As far as life is concerned I am athletic and poetic. As far as pokemon I just do trial and error until I have a good team.

Requesting zeph because he agreed to tutor me.

Username: Jimbei
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Jimbei
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4-9 EST
What tier do you want to learn?: HGSS OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I followed pokemon religiously until hoenn. I sorta laid off on Sinnoh, but I'm fairly familiar with it. I am completely ignorant about Unova.

ASSIGNED TO macle

Username: AeroSaar
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: AeroSaar
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6 (Central Time). 10AM - 5PM (My hours are really flexible, as long as it's not between 10PM - 6AM)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW LC, BW Uber (in order of preference)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm new to the competitive Pokemon community and I'm eager to learn. The short time I've been here, I've cloned over 30 Pokemon for others and I've also started on creating a trade thread. Having nice Pokemon is pretty useless if I can't battle with them!

ASSIGNED TO hanke

Username: Scarfwynaut
Shoddy Username: Kirb (and other Kirb variats)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, I can always be on at 7 -11 PM. Since its the summer sometimes I can be on earilier (about 11 AM-3 PM)
Tell us a little about yourself: Been playing pokemon competitively for over a year now, but have played since before I could read. I need serious help with the my playstyle, because even n00bs outpredict me. ;_;

ASSIGNED TO reachzero

Username: avdc90
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: avdc90 and Lofty
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: US Eastern. weekday evenings
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been battling competitively for a few years now and I seem to win some and lose some. I'm on smogon and PO everyday battling and observing. I am a Junior Forensic Chemistry major at Penn State, and I work at my dad's sign business in the summers. I generally have trouble with teambuilding, picking up on useful EV spreads, and of course prediction. I will continue to devote my time to improving my battling skill because Pokemon is extremely important to me. I would be so grateful to be accepted into this prestigious tutoring program.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: GatoDelFuego
Shoddy Username: Margaret Moonlight
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: US central, normally 9-12 my time, evenings
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm new to smogon, but not new to competitive battling. I really need help with building teams and learning how to counter opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)