1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Apprentice Program: Round Four

Discussion in 'Battling 101' started by Aeolus, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Again, I'm sorry, but I'm out of tutors for European timezones. Please PM Lexay, Mekkah, or CrazyStarwolf to see if they can take you on.
  2. Sneaky_Sneasel

Sneaky_Sneasel

Taken by Aeolus

Netbattle nick: Sneaky_Sneasel
    Time zone: EST
    Regular Online Hours: 7pm-10pm on weekdays, 1pm-10pm on weekends, EST of course.
    Experience level: Not bad, just not...good.
    A little about myself: Just started playing again after nearly half a year, so I'd like to get back on track and such.
    Generations I want to learn: 386 OU, and maybe RBY OU if I'm not lazy enough to retry it. I remember being really good at it a long long time ago, so yeah.
  3. Dark Sephiroth

Dark Sephiroth

Help

Taken by Aeolus

Netbattle nick: Dark.Sephiroth
    Time zone:Central(in tennesse)
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): All day is possible because there is nothin to do at my house. I am always on the smogon NB server.
    Experience level*:Starter but my buddy gave me his old team with evs and movesets though. It still sucks.
    A little about myself: I go to Shafer Middle School and im fairly decent student but I do make some remarks that are stupid. But i am always willing to learn if its not something i know already!^_^
    Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV teambuilding and help on counters and a litttle on EV's but not much
  4. ProffessorMM

ProffessorMM

Netbattle nick: ProffessorMM

Time zone: GMT -4
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 6:00-7:00 Almost EveryDay
    Experience level*: Normal, I'm not THAT good, but not bad either.
    A little about myself: I like to netbattle, and I love to learn.
    Generation(s) I want to learn: RBY,GSC, OU, UU.
  5. strager

strager

Assigned to Council

Netbattle nick: Strager Neds
    Time zone: GMT -5:00
    Regular Online Hours: 10:00 ~ 18:00
    Experience level: Bad.
    A little about myself: I'm clueless half the time. :rolleyes:
    Generations I want to learn: ADV... I guess.
  6. One

One

Netbattle nick: One
    Time zone: GMT-6 (Central Time)
    Regular Online Hours: Anwhere From 1 PM to 1 AM eastern time (I go on and off someitimes)
    Experience level: Between Intermediete and Expert
    A little about myself: Easy to get along with, joined May 2005, haven't battled much latley so i'm kinda rusty on that
    Generations I want to learn: OU (Mainly How to be a good battler. things like prediction, and such, And how to make good teams) And whatever else you are willing to teach
  7. T-Money

T-Money

Netbattle nick: TM32188
    Time Zone: Eastern(New York)?
    Regular Online hours: 12pm to 1pm then 7pm to whenever
    Expierence Level:
    I've been playing the game since the 5th grade. I'm know alittle about EVs/general movesets
    A litte about myself:
    I just graduated high school and I'm doing a bit of traveling this summer so I want to hit up the official tournament in garden city,ny and I need some big preping for it
    Generations I want to learn:
    ADV 2v2
  8. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I'm finished assigning tutors for this round, however...continue to post your profiles and you will be among the first to receive a tutor assignment in the next round!
  9. Brood_Star

Brood_Star

Netbattle nick: Anix yo
    Time zone: EST (GMT -5)
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 3PM-9PM on weekdays, almost completely free on weekends except for Sunday 6PM+
    Experience level*: Below averagish. I play with friends and that's pretty much all
    A little about myself: Avid gamer and techie. Play War3 often and with friends on XFire. Admin for a couple of War3 leagues if that counts.
    Generation(s) I want to learn: Adv/RS mostly. Mostly OU, but willing to learn anything (2v2... UU... Uber... you name it!)
  10. Mow

Mow

Netbattle nick: none
    Time zone: EST (GMT -5)
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): most nights after 10 or 11 ish
    Experience level: in GSC, I was very good, a long time ago, I haven't played much in the past 3 years, and my team hasn't changed either. In the new games, I know nothing.
    A little about myself: I have played ssb64, goldeneye, and pokemon GSC competatively (none of them online, although all are available for it) and at the moment I'm one of the bigger names of SSBM.
    Generation(s) I want to learn: JAA regulation in preparation for Philly and possibly NYC. I just started in fire red for the first time.
  11. Shiv

Shiv mostly harmless
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Is that a nickname or what? Also, as I told Aeo, my apprentice hasn't come to nb in about 2 weeks. I only talked to him once.
  12. Mow

Mow

I don't play online.
  13. Sanders

Sanders
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

...this is a service for netbattle users, not you wanting to improve your ingame skills
  14. notthephonz

notthephonz

Hey, I'm a little confused...has this round already finished, or not? Should I be waiting for a new topic to be made for the next round? Ah well, I guess it can't hurt to post my info now anyway...

Netbattle nick: notthephonz
    Time zone: Eastern
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): anytime
    Experience level: I guess you could say I'm "not good, but willing to learn." *nervous laughter*
    A little about myself: Well, my favorite Pokémon is Slowbro, though I suppose he isn't as strong as he used to be...I also think Grumpig is cute. ^_^
    Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV and ADV 2vs2
  15. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag

This round finishes on Sunday; a new topic will then be posted for the next round. Continue to post profiles though because I'll just assign you guys first.
  16. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

my tutor hasn't answered to both calls that i sent him: one from smogon email the first week round four began, the second time at NB today, asking when we can start our lesson.
  17. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag

I'm going to be sending evaluations out to all apprentices in a few days. If your tutor wasn't helpful to you...or didn't try to meet with you...let me know. They may lose tutor status if they aren't participating as avidly as they should.
  18. Stall

Stall

Netbattle nick: StallingChamp
    Time zone: EDT
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): anout 4-6 PM, 8-10 PM weekdays, more random on weekends (on a lot tho)
    Experience level: Somehat decent, i guess
    A little about myself: Just joined Smogon / NetBattle, but im a very quick learner so ive caught on pretty good, but would appreciate 1 on 1 attention from a tutor to really sharpen my skills.
    Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV OU
  19. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag

Ok, thanks for another great round guys. If you were not assigned a tutor for this round, go ahead and post your profile in the next thread...I will be sure to give you guys priority when I'm making matches. I would assign you guys right away...but I want to make sure that you are still interested before I assign someone to you. See you guys in Round Five!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)