Apprentice Program: Round Fourteen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Ok, we are ready to begin Round Fourteen of the tutoring program; it will last for the next 3 weeks ending on January 22. I've decided to make this round a week longer to facilitate a more in-depth learning experience. If you are a NEW PLAYER and wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. They are here for you...so take advantage!

Netbattle nick:
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):
Experience level*:
A little about myself:
Generation(s) I want to learn:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

The tutors will view this thread and choose their apprentices based on the generations they want to learn and their regular online hours. Once they have made a choice, they will contact me through a PM and I will keep an updated list of tutors and their apprentices. Tutors will also PM the person they have chosen to teach and set up times to meet. Apprentices are also encouraged to be proactive in searching for their tutor.

If a tutor doesn't find a match, I will begin assigning the remaining tutors to appropriate apprentices. If you are still looking for a tutor after all tutors have been assigned...you have the option of looking through the tutor roster and PM'ing a suitable person (one who teaches the generation you want to learn and is online during similar hours) to ask them if they will take you on as a second apprentice. It's as simple as that!!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/../community/member.php?u=39IF YOU SIGN UP CHECK THIS THREAD REGULARLY TO FIND OUT WHO YOUR TUTOR IS. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPRENTICE TO SEEK OUT THEIR TUTOR AND ESTABLISH MEETING TIMES.

CHECK YOUR POST TO SEE WHO YOUR TUTOR IS. I WILL EDIT IT TO SHOW WHO YOU GOT.

Assigned to Basics

Netbattle nick: Goetian
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Any time on the weekends is good, I'm always home. Any time after 5 PM on weekdays.
Experience level: I've been playing on NB for a while, but I still don't feel like I know what I'm doing. I played RBY online years ago, but that was a long time ago and an entirely different metagame.
Generation(s) I want to learn: RSE OU, RSE Ubers

Assigned to cloud

Netbattle nick:Silver Wolf
Time zone:Eastern
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):2:50 on weekdays and 10:00 in the morning on saturdays.
Experience level*:I recently began EV training and wish to learn more about movesets, berries, items, and natures. And I want to learn how to properly EV train and how to dstribute. But I do have some moveset skills and know how to survive and take a hit.
A little about myself:I am calm and patient, I enjoy pokemon, recently figured out how come I always lost in the battle frontier(whacks head), and I enjoy Netbattling.
Generation(s) I want to learn:All RSE sections mainly.

Assigned to Mekkah

Netbattle nick:Whirlwind4
Time zone:EDT-5
Regular Online Hours:weekdays(except/when i have basketball practice/games/Tuesdays/and 1/13/07) 6-10PM
Sundays, (except 7th) 7-10 PM
Saturday-january 13- debate tournament- will not be here until after 9Pm
Weekends 5-11PM

Experience level*:Meh, i'll say that i'm an average person have had netbattle for a yearish- have entered a few tournies as well (other forums) record 32-35(at moment)

A little about myself: i'm a sophmore in high school, 3.0-3.2 mostly, like pokemon,sports(especially Baseball), and Debate- i'm on my school's debate team and i feel that my best metagame is UU(full advance)- and the server i go on most is Smogon and Smogon RPG

Generation(s) I want to learn:RBY OU (awful at it) OU(Full advance)(i'm ok but i want to get better), GSC OU/UU(have an OU team- have never used though)

Assigned to Jumpman16

Netbattle nick: Razaac
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 5:00pm-8:00pm
Experience level*: I think i am fairly decent, not very good.
A little about myself: Pokemon is cool
Generation(s) I want to learn: Preferably all of them

Assigned to Giga Punch

netbattle nick: metroid13 or warcrack
time zone: EST
online hours (in EST): usually 3:00 to 7:00
exp level: been playing for awhile, but still bad
gens: rse OU
about myself: my favorite pokemon is blastoise.

Assigned to Aeroblacktyl

Netbattle nick: LazyKenny
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Varies. Usually 10 PM to 7 AM
Experience level: I can build a basic team and get started but that's about as far as I can go.
A little about myself: I'm usually nocturnal and have a ton of free time. This is because being homeschooled has it's advantages.
Generation(s) I want to learn: RSE OU, RSE OU doubles (if theres time)

Assigned to Jackal

Netbattle nick: Slick447
Time zone: Central / GMT -6

Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Hey really sorry bout this part, but I have no idea how to put it in EDT. I'll put it in my time instead. Anyways I'm usually on from about 4pm-10pm.

Experience level*: Well I've been netbattling for a while, and I can win some matches. But when I go up against players with a little more experience than me, I lose horribly. Recently I created my first kinda good team, but I still have a long way to go.

A little about myself: Well im a sophomore, a pretty smart dude, and I have a good bit of free time on my hands.

Generation(s) I want to learn: basically i want to learn RSE, and brush up a little on GSC and RBY. And I'd like to learn all about team building.

Assigned to Yosuke

Netbattle nick: [mrm] suica
Time zone: Mountain
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 9-10 PM
Experience level: I've been around and kinda have a feel for the basics. But. Team building and prediction are what I need to improve on.
A little about myself: I'm a high school soph. I play basketball and am in StuCo.
Generation(s) I want to learn: RS OU

Assigned to ToP

Nick:
krusch
Time zone: AEST
Regular online hours: 5 AM-8 AM(EDT, I think) or 9 PM-12 PM(AEST)
Experience level: I've won a few battles on NetBattle, but mostly against newbs. Anyone with a team of hard-hitting standards will usually beat me up.
A little about myself: I'm generally a pretty easy-going guy. Heading into the crushing last two years of high school here in Australia.
Generation(s) I want to learn: RS(OU, UU/NU)

Assigned to Groudon80

Netbattle nick: ADH
Time zone: Eastern (U.S.)
Regular Online Hours: 12:00-8:00p.m. (may change to 5:00p.m.-7:00p.m.)
Experience level: Intermediate
A little about myself: Hoping to be ready to add D/P knowledge when it comes out, so I'm trying to learn the current metagame to help when it comes to that. I'm also seeking a job as an overnight stocker, so my availability will likely change if that happens.
Generation(s) I want to learn: OU (Full Advance), UU (Full Advance)

Assigned to Kongler

Netbattle nick: Virlomi
Time zone: CDT
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 10 PM EDT
Experience level: I play some, and understand the basic ideas, I'm lousy at teambuilding. I win some, but I presume they're all as inexperienced as I am.
A little about myself: I keep to myself a lot, I have a tendency to wax eloquent on random topics, I'm relatively calm and easy-going.
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV OU, maybe NU.

Assigned to latinoheat

Netbattle nick: VexMarquise
Time zone:PST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 3pm- 1am
Experience level*: Nothing but what I've taught myself.
A little about myself: Semi pro player in various games like wc3 and was once in CS aswell. I'm an iNTj personality type, if you don't know what that means, look it up ^_^.
Generation(s) I want to learn:ADV, NU if I feel I grasp ADV well enough.

Assigned to husk1442

Netbattle nick: Kikoku

Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Anytime, I'm homeschooled so unless something comes up at the last minute, I'm good for any.

Experience level*: Enough that I know how stuff works, and can beat people of the same skill level as me, but when an expert comes in, I get stomped fast, but where I fail most is making balenced teams

A little about myself: I like to research things a lot, and never act with the things I learn. I do this with all game that require any kind of strats. Always read read read, and never actually play, I want to change this with pokemon, so I wanna learn stuff that only other people can teach me.

Generation(s) I want to learn: RSE OU

Assigned to Mystica

Netbattle nick: Slim Jim
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Mondays - Friday; 4PM - 10PM; Saturday - Sunday; 8:00AM - 10:00 PM.
Experience level*: Intermediate
A little about myself:
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV, ADV UU

Assigned to Warthog

Netbattle nick: killerduck
Time zone: PST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 8 pm - 1 am EST (5 pm - 10 pm PST), most days.
Experience level*: Intermediate (like a 60-40 win/loss ratio). I can beat the average opponent quite offen, but I struggle agianst experts mostly because my teams are always okay but never great.
A little about myself: I'm a college student, attending UC Irvine.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Full Advance OU (mainly teambuilding and prediction)

I would like some tutoring.

Assigned to Nate

Netbattle nick: Zapdos#145.
Time zone: Central Time.
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Anytime.
Experience level*: Beginner.
A little about myself: I'm a college student, and I am currently attending HCC.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Any of the three generations. I would like to know how to design teams here.

Assigned to Sir Chris

Netbattle nick:
MorningstorM
Time zone: mystical fairy land time
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): laate, usually at night, eg- 9pm onwards.
Experience level*: i think im pro but im not. nah ive played for a bit, always ask for advice but no one gives me any and im directed here. I have the basics but fail at higher levels.
A little about myself: I'm a bit of a ninja that plays this game in my sparetime. I like to eat sherbert. i enjoy long walks on the beach and watch movies such as 'back door sluts 9'. i highly recommend it. I like going to the land of nod. The portal closes regularly, come with me if you dare.
Generation(s) I want to learn: advance OU n ubers maybe if the time allows.

PS- i have no unhealthy pokemon obsessions eg 'i <3 lanturn so much xD'

PPS- lanturn fucking sucks

Netbattle nick: Stall
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 4-5 PM, 8-10 PM when school starts. For today and tomorow, pretty much all day...
Experience level*: Average skill level.
A little about myself: I enjoy video games and logic games (chess etc...). I have a small group of friends who hang out most days.
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV Uber

Netbattle nick: VioletMoonie

Time zone: GMT (wow.... that's gonna be a 5 hour diff for some of you guys)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 11AM - 5PM <- HORRIBLE for school peeps (I think... if my calculations are wrong 4pm - 10pm GMT)

Experience level*: Beginner/novice level (but not completely stupid, I can learn quickly :P)

A little about myself:
I like video games (particulary RPGs), reading fiction (filler fantasies most of the time, though I do like a spot of pre 19th century english literature), drawing crappy drawings, and daydreaming XD

Generation(s) I want to learn:
Just general OU, UU and NU type of pokemon metagame and strats. Also how to build a good rounded team.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Thanks guys, that is all for this round. If you wish to be part of the tutoring program, please sign up again next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)