Apprentice Program - "Round Fourty Six" - Zone B (10 PM - 6 AM EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: gingbino11
Shoddy Username: gingbino11
Your timezone: GMT +12
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a typical, pasty nerd who likes to sit inside all day either on the computer or reading a book. In the way of pokemon, my main play style is fast and frail offence, and I enjoy Hyper-Offence too, as I recently built a special one and have used it to great success.

Username: $YoungMoney$
Shoddy Username: DrizzyDrakez
Your timezone: UTC/GMT -7 hours
What tier do you want to learn?:OU,UU (Mostly OU)
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi my name is Drake (Not Drizzy from youngmoney but I am a big fan). I am 16 years old and I have a HUGE social life. At this time of my life I am caught up in alot of work (scholarships, work ect) I have a really good Girlfriend (That doesnt know I play pokemon, and a good family to go with that. I am currently getting good grades at school, maintaining a 76% average. Well I dont know what else to say so I will just explain why I am here. Ive been playing Pokemon competitively for about 2 and a half months, I have a lot of knowledge in the OU tier but I wouldn't say I am the greatest. My highest cred was about 1380. I would say im rather average if its safe to say, I can be a really good battler but my main drawback is Teambuilding. It is so frustrating for some reason and I am always pulling my hair, and I always have a had time figuring out when to start. Ive been working on another team for about 9 days and I feel that I am really not getting anywhere with it. I would appreciate it very much if I got a tutor to specializes in OU Team building. Im kinda new on the forums so I dont have any specific requests in a tutor but I would really like it if I got Panamaxis. Other than that im fine aslong as I get the help.

*Also I wouldn't mind if I got a little help in UU, since all my battles are in OU I am really clueless in the UU tier and I would like to get to know that tier a bit more.*
Thanks

**I have rated a team on a recent RMT just to give it a go, let me know what ya think!**
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthr...02#post2372102

Username: Taxie
Shoddy Username: Silva Velazquez
Your timezone: +1:00 (Litija,Slovenia)
Tell us a little about yourself: Basically I consider myself to be a person with good usage skills of teams but I fail team building. I want to improvise in those skills.

I would kindly request Smogon Community to give me tutor who'd suit my timezone since I've wasted some of the previous sessions only due to timezone.

Username: th3anarchist
Shoddy Username: th3anarchist
Your timezone: EST
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm new to the new series of pokemon, but I learn fairly quickly. Looking for a bit of tutuoring

Username: hobo bob
Shoddy Username: hobo bob
Your timezone: -5 GMT (I think)
What tier do you want to learn?: I like to play all tiers. I play Ubers most followed by UU, OU, then Suspect
Tell us a little about yourself: I am stoned out of my mind right now. I tried signing up for this last time but I didnt have enough cash to bribe a mod so I didnt get in :(

Shoddy Username: Starscreamer4
Your Timezone: -5 ( Eastern)
What tier do you want to learn? OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm just a laid back guy who enjoys complex rpgs (Pokemon) and also likes track and field, reading comics, being on the computer, girls who are "nerdy" like me, and daydreaming. My battling skills and team building really needs improvement, in which I hope to receive advice from a tutor!

Username: ColdRAIN
Shoddy Username: ColdRAIN, S T A TI C, OceanThunder
Your timezone: GMT +11
Tell us a little about yourself: Well I've never played online before (have played against friends, gets boring because I always win), comparing myself to other battlers here I consider myself a beginner. Well, I'm 13 and I live near Melbourne in Australia, I love soccer and tennis. Pokemon is something I've been playing since yellow version, hardly anyone in my school plays Pokemon and the people who do are really no competition.

I have talked to Philip7086 through private messaging and he has agreed to tutor me.

Username: Luigiowns
Shoddy Username:Swampertforever Luigiowns
Your timezone: GMT
What tier do you want to learn?: UU and NU if you can
Tell us a little about yourself: Im 14, and live in England. Im not a very good Competitive battler. I signed up to this once, but didn't even do it, as i thought (in a moment of arrogance) that i was good enough already. Needless to say, im not. So yeah.

Due to my dad having me this weekend, i cant start then. I can start next weekend though.

Edit: Yeah, pre warning, all my teams can be classed as "Gimmicky"
edit two: ignore this post, after sorting out timezones, i realised that in GMT, its 5am until 11am. There is no way i could log in during this time, im moving slot.

Username: Oddish On Fire
Shoddy Username: Oddish On Fire, litlmc01, RainbowPwnieTest
Your timezone: UCT/GMT -5 hours
What tier do you want to learn?: OU and possibly Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Sean. I love to party, play video games, debate politics, and listen to/play music. I'm hopefully going to IU next year where I want to major in History and minor in Political Science. From there, I want to go into law school and eventually become a politician. :)

I have been playing competitive Pokemon for a decent amout of time, but my only real success has been on the Suspect and CAP ladder. I hope that by joining the Tutor program, I can get back into Pokemon and hopefully become a better battler too!

Frizy

dont change my ct fuckers
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Username: Frizy
Shoddy Username: Frizy, Random-1
Your timezone: GMT+10
What tier do you want to learn?: OU, maybe UU if we have time
Tell us a little about yourself: I have played Pokemon for most of my life. I started back when I was around 4, with my Pokemon Red and Pokemon Stadium 1 on the N64. I remember not being able to find the key for the 7th gym, but I managed to get all of my pokemon to level 100 through a Cinnabar glitch. Anyway, I started competitive play around September 2009, and I was drawn in straight away. The reason was partly because of the major hype going on about the World Cup IV.

I consider myself a decent player, but I feel I could be much better. The bit where I fail the most I feel is team-building. While I know what generally does what, I just have trouble thinking of threats and covering them. While I have never made it on the leaderboard, I feel that I could've if I put in some dedication. When it comes to games like these, I'm usually very unlucky, which turns me off playing another game. And lastly, I would prefer someone with a bit of patience, as while I do listen and I learn pretty quick, I am rather relient on another person when it comes to what to do.

Username: Towelie
Shoddy Username: Towelie, towelie test, HamsterYumz

Your timezone: GMT -8 (PST)

What tier do you want to learn?: Ubers

Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I think I' decentish at OU, but I've always wanted to try Ubers, but I'm awful at it. I live in Sacramento, I go to High School. I play Basketball, Baseball, and Tennis. I love the outdoors and I like to have fun in life ^__^
I want to learn the Uber metagame because it sounds new, and exciting :)

Username: Drez
Shoddy Username: Drez
Your timezone: GMT -5 (Eastern)
Tell us a little about yourself:
It's been a while since I've battled competitively, probably almost half a year, and I need to bone up on my battling techniques. As for my interests outside of pokemon, I am interested in comics (making and reading), programming, other video games, and I play Electric Jazz Bass guitar. My favorite member of the X-men is Gambit, and my favorite founding father of America is Alexander Hamilton.

I've been wanting to be a part of the smogon community for a while, both to be a better battler and to meet other great battlers. Thank you for your time, and I hope to be selected for this finely instantiated program.

Looking for a Tutor

Username: CLegacyM
Shoddy Username: EternalCourage
Your timezone: EST
What tier do you want to learn?: OU / Uber (The latter preferably.)
Tell us a little about yourself: Hm...What is there to say? I've been hated on here for a while, but most of the ideas I spoke about came to fruition anyway. I was pretty good battler; I'd say top 10 on the site at the time of my 'prime.' Anyway, enough tooting my own horn -- basically I've been away for about a year maybe longer and I'm looking to get back into competitive battling. So I'd like someone to tutor me about todays metagame. I'm being nothing but respectful, and I hope for the same in return. Thank you.

Username: 2fast2good
Shoddy Username:2fast2good
Your timezone: GTM -6.
What tier do you want to learn?:OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I have potencial, i know im no so bad but can be better, im at University, i like pokemon, i played since pokemon red/blue release, can IV Breed. And more important im from Costa Rica, so if there is some tutor speak spanish will be great for me ^^.

Username: KinestaPokemon
Shoddy Username: KinestaPokemon
Your timezone: Eastern Time
What tier do you want to learn?: OU and Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I am 17. I play sports, and also play video agmes. Trying to go off to college soon, and before that, would like to learn some Pokemon. I am a new user here, and I need a lot of help, to say the least.

Username: ILoveLiza
Shoddy Username: CuddleW00T
Your timezone: GMT -10 (Sydney, Australia)
I know I have weird sleeping patterns. Yay for no school and being nocturnal.
What tier do you want to learn?: UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well have finished school and will be starting Uni soon. I basically have no life due to it being the off season for soccer. I like stuff, and things. I have been with Pokemon since I got Blue when I was in Kindie or something. I have never looked back and have turned many into pokemon fans over the years. Anyway, a friend on a different forum told me about shoddy and I became hooked. I had mildly successful teams after a bit of experimentation but none of them were OU. All my attempts at OU teams have failed so I joined Smogon for two purposes. To be able to come ibn the tutor program and to get some experience for when I finally get WiFi.

I moved this from the other thread as this is now the most suitable timeslot for me.

Username: .River
Shoddy Username: River
Your timezone: GMT
What tier do you want to learn?: OU, then Uber
Tell us a little about yourself: Started playing Pokémon competitively since the start of 4th gen but have been on and off =\ . Hoping to learn how to play properly now :) .

Username: Dandrix
Shoddy Username: Dandrix
Your timezone:GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a hispanic junior in high as of now andI've been playing pokemon from the beginning and have an Idea of the metagame; however I have no idea how to set up my team to be balanced and all that so I need help with that. Can someone please help me?

Username: Randominator
Shoddy Username: Randominator
Your timezone: GMT -5 (Eastern Time)
What tier do you want to learn?: Primarily OU, maybe some Ubers (I'd like to eventually aim for VGC '10-style matches)
Tell us a little about yourself:
/begin pointless blathering:
Um... Well, I'm actually one of the few female Pokemon players (gasp!), but I'm kind of tomboyish. Groudon owns Pikachu any day of the week.

So, um, Pokemon-wise, I've technically been into it since Gen. I as a little kid, but it's only since D/P were released that I became interested in competitive battling.

Outside of Pokemon, I fence (as in fencing, the sport where you get to poke people with long pointy swords while screwing with their minds), read, write, watch anime, play video games (Kirby to Okami to Halo and everything in between), and participate in environmental programs 'cause I'm a tree-hugger. :P
/END POINTLESS BLATHERING

I'm next to a complete noob at competitive battling, and would like to join 101 so I can become a contributing member to the Smogon community. In particular, my weaknesses are fully understanding the damage formula, awareness of common threats and counters, and thus teambuilding. I'd prefer it if my tutor was skilled in these areas especially.

I'm active from 4 AM to 6 AM; if absolutely required I could stretch to 11 PM - 12 AM as well.

Username: Babuforlife
Shoddy Username: _McLovin is primary, or amcha is my secondary
Your timezone: GMT -6 (Central Time)
What tier do you want to learn?: Definetly OU. I've always been a fan of this metagame, and I'd love to be more learned about it. I have no preference for tutor
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a freshman in college and have a wonderful girlfriend who I intend on marrying soon. My parents disapprove so I've decided to basically seperate from them and live my own life. I play shoddy because it is fun and I've loved pokemon forever. Thank you for your time, and please consider me as a tutee!

Username: Mr. Papaya
Shoddy Username: Byuusetsu
Your timezone: Eastern Standard Time
What tier do you want to learn?: OU and Ubers if possible
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been a fan of Pokemon on and off since I learned about the games coming to the US. I recently got Diamond for Christmas and started really getting into Pokemon again and now I want to play competitively. I've been using Shoddy but in OU I've been stuck around 1300 and just went on an 8 game losing streak.

I want to become a really good competitive battler since I want to be successful at every part of Pokemon(I'm also trying to catch all 493 and get a lot of shinies). I'd also like to contribute to the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)